The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE Mm11

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE Mm11

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE Regist10

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE Empty LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

Post by Verdi 05.05.19 0:58

LEVESON: PLEASE SUPPORT **MY** PETITION ON THE PRIME MINISTER'S WEBSITE

By Tony Bennett

Oppose Leveson's call for new laws to control the press. We support David Cameron's warning against introducing statutory control of the press

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

This petition aims to preserve a free press in this country. Already, as many editors have noted, the Leveson enquiry has had a chilling effect on press freedom.

True, the press sometimes abuse their freedom. We need a better way of curbing press excesses. We need a tougher code of practice, with a 'rapid right of reply' to incorrect or libellous articles, and arbitration.

Any new body to control the press must not be run by the press - but by independent people. .

We have existing laws to protect privacy and reputation. These must be enforced, e.g. the police were at fault for not prosecuting phone hacking.

Many demands for government control of the press come from the rich, who use PR to promote themselves, but object when others come up with facts that contradict their image.

It would be wrong to introduce statutory control of the press in response to the demands of celebrities like Hugh Grant and Max Mosley.

LINK:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582

Original thread here: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6063-leveson-please-support-my-petition-on-the-prime-minister-s-website

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top