The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Mm11

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Mm11

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Regist10

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Empty "Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?"

Post by Gingercat 10.03.17 10:18

Did anyone else spot this in yesterday's Daily Telegraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/family-holidays/was-I-wrong-to-leave-my-baby-sleeping-in-a-hotel-room/

It gives an interesting insight into what some people consider to be "responsible parenting" - although the author admits to being scared to put his/hername to the article.

The comments are also interesting.

I can't decide whether this is work out whether this is coincidental or part of the PR campaign?

Gingercat
Gingercat
Gingercat

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Empty Re: "Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?"

Post by Lands_end 10.03.17 11:14

I think this is a coincedence GC. In this day and age with mobile camera  monitoring then it is fair to say that the child is not in danger in a hotel at night if that child has an established routine ie sleeps through the night. What is different from their parents generation is the very need to "go on holiday" , "go out to dinner without a babysitter". When I had children myself and my wife basically gave up our lives for a few years. The other odd thing was the need to talk to others for reassurance. I set standards and followed them period. Spoof article in many ways.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

"Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?" Empty Re: "Was I wrong to leave my baby sleeping in a hotel room?"

Post by suzyjohnson 10.03.17 11:22

I don't think it's just a coincidence.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 10.03.17 11:23

Lands_end wrote:What is different from their parents generation is the very need to "go on holiday" , "go out to dinner without a babysitter". When I had children myself and my wife basically gave up our lives for a few years.

'........ But, what are the chances, really, that one of the few people with access to our hotel door key would want and be able to harm our baby? I don't know the exact odds but they will be incredibly small. Much too small to make me waste an evening sitting in with her in silence, in the dark .........'

I thought that last sentence was quite shocking, oh well, it's only a small risk, think I'll go out.

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.03.17 11:44

"Waste an evening" looking after your own kid indeed. Some people NEVER grasp the concept of duty of care.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 13.03.17 10:56

suzyjohnson wrote:I don't think it's just a coincidence.
Maybe its a probing article. Note the terms "our friends" etc. In any case people who go on holiday and go out on the razz with their friends leaving their children alone are extremely lousy neglectful parents who need to be monitored by social services.
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 13.03.17 11:52

"You may think someone is lurking in your hotel room, but really, what are the odds?"

That was the most amusing bit for me, caption under a sinister silhouetted figure (actually looks like Walter white from Breaking Bad!) on a phone, no doubt arranging a kidknapping of a baby for a European child trafficking gang from a locked or maybe unlocked room...   what are the chances of that eh?

A picture speaks a thousand words, ramming home that it's definitely possible for this scenario to happen whilst you nip out.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.03.17 12:16

Why is anyone 'surprised'?

FIONA PHILLIPS: 'EMBARRASSADOR' FOR MISSING PEOPLE 'CHARITY'!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/so-what-is-a-parent-to-do-474097

"We often left ours sleeping upstairs in a hotel room while we dined downstairs until one night, when they were two and five, we were told they were running up and down the landing screaming and calling for Mummy."

"I have never felt so wretched - seeing two tear-stained faces looking questioningly at me as if to say "Why did you leave us?" is an image that has stayed with me."

"Now we take them with us or leave them with babysitters - babysitters who are sometimes male, often complete strangers whose credentials we don't check."

What are we to do? Not go out on our own? Not go on holiday? Or trust that our faith in human kindness will prevail? In the end that's all we can do.
----------------------------------------

I don't know what's WORSE with Phillips 'story'!

1) She left her kids alone, out of sight. (what could possibly 'go wrong'?)

2) Leaves her kids, with complete strangers, whose credentials she does NOT check, (what could possibly 'go wrong'?)

or

3) SHE is an 'embarrassador' for 'missing' people! (just plain 'WRONG'!)
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.03.17 14:34

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4308430/Would-leave-child-hotel-room.html
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 13.03.17 19:00

I do not think this is a coincidence either!
Maybe if the story wasn't so skewed as to make the reader believe that in some round about way they are not responsible FOR THEIR CHILD FGS!
As for Philipps story, it took her children running up and down the hallway before she worked out that this was wrong not to mention dangerous, seriously?!!?
I literally cringe while reading this nonsense that is so OBVIOUSLY being planted to back up the "neglect"
I wonder how much she got paid. Or Karen Dansuk earlier today. I hope one day they will hang their heads in shame....but probably not, if this case is ever solved we'll be expected to believe "I Had No Clue The Mc's   were involved" or some other tripe, and then being paid for that too.
Money grubbing media whores

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.03.17 19:30

@Roxyroo

"..........if this case is ever solved we'll be expected to believe "I Had No Clue The Mc's were involved"
---------------------------------------

or,

"..........if this case is ever solved we'll be expected to believe that the Mc's 'have never been to PDL, and didn't even know where Portugal is' So how could they have been 'involved'?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 14.03.17 8:05

Can I just point out that where Lands_end has quoted me above at 9.56 pm, that the quote is not what I actually said ...... that he has added his own comment to it and posted it as though I've said it. The only bit I said was that I didn't think it was just a coincidence. If you can still edit your post Lands_end please do so.

-------------

Sorted for you - Admin

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 14.03.17 13:27

This story is just a subliminal plant to make people think it's normal to leave children alone while parents go off to dine or party. It's a sly endorsement of the Mc'Cann's supposed dubious childcare activity by a celebrity who claims to have done similar.
It's like endorsing toothpaste or hair dye... gimme a few bob and I'll tell you a story.

It pushes the abduction theory, it'll be a sharp intake of breath for the ill informed reader.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 13:46

Lands_end isn't making the wisest of choices so far is he?

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 14.03.17 19:52

suzyjohnson wrote:Can I just point out that where Lands_end has quoted me above at 9.56 pm, that the quote is not what I actually said ...... that he has added his own comment to it and posted it as though I've said it. The only bit I said was that I didn't think it was just a coincidence. If you can still edit your post Lands_end please do so.

-------------

Sorted for you - Admin

Thanks Admin

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum