The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Mm11

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Mm11

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Regist10

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Empty Re: FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Post by Guest 23.10.13 17:46

I have to say that that was something which struck me too at the time. Not only was she insistingly saying she didn't have jeans on holiday - it seems she didn't bring a fleece either, as she was wearing RO'Bs on the May 3 night.
JT remains an enigma. IMO she knows more than she's telling. But then again: she not the only one ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Empty Re: FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 17:47

Sockpuppet - I have a less-than-perfect memory of that too.  Here is the Textusa link, but there is another link I can't find for that site to the actual newspaper articles, I think Sept. 2007.  We will have the actual link on this forum, it was only last week that it was being discussed again here.

As you will see from the link below, it appears that the story is "a fabrication", but on the other hand there is speculation as well.  Would anyone here have the other link to the press stories reproduced on Textusa?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.10.13 18:03

Searcher wrote:Sockpuppet - I have a less-than-perfect memory of that too.  Here is the Textusa link, but there is another link I can't find for that site to the actual newspaper articles, I think Sept. 2007.  We will have the actual link on this forum, it was only last week that it was being discussed again here.

As you will see from the link below, it appears that the story is "a fabrication", but on the other hand there is speculation as well.  Would anyone here have the other link to the press stories reproduced on Textusa?

Don't know if this helps ........

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.10.13 18:14

That helps tremendously, Candyfloss. Thank you very much :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 18:16

Brilliant, Candyfloss; thankyou!  (Great Admin here .. x)
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 23.10.13 18:21

Could I just flag up the shower curtain again here (have asked on a couple of other threads but no response yet).  I read somewhere that John Geraghty, millionaire friend of Mcs in PDL apparently had a break in and the thieves stole the shower curtain amongst other things - it seems very odd and I want to try and confirm that story, anyone got a link?
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 18:24

What would a lone shower curtain be used for, in an emergency, say?
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.10.13 18:31

Now you have the topic, would you please discuss on there rather than this thread which is about the Smith sighting thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 23.10.13 18:34

candyfloss wrote:Now you have the topic, would you please discuss on there rather than this thread which is about the Smith sighting thanks
Ok it's on the John Geharghty topic in debates/theories
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 23.10.13 18:52

Searcher wrote:Hello Galena; well, I'm reluctant to put a "theory" on the page really. But enough to say that, elsewhere on this forum, there was a discussion in the last week (so sorry no ref or link) relating to JT's interview where she was asked what she was wearing.  There seemed to be some emphasis on having no jeans with her on the holiday.  The thread here commented on that; I personally feel it is odd as most young mums probably would take jeans as a basic stand-by, especially if the nights are going to be quite cool.  So that was one thing.  Then it came up that a plastic bag had been found in or near PdL, abandoned - I think this was published in two papers Sept. 2007 (D. Mail and NoW possibly from memory) on the Textusa website.  I can find the link and post it.

The bag allegedly contained a pair of jeans, a fleece, a shower curtain, and when it was analysed Madeleine's DNA was found on the items.  JT is RO'B's partner, if I have that right, and it just left me wondering whose jeans were these?  If it is a hoax I would really welcome a link to what happened.
Well Kate did say 'they've taken her' and she later told Yvonne that Madeleine had been taken by a couple. It strikes me that woman or a couple carrying a child or a large bag, would have attracted far less attention than a lone male.

I do remember that plastic bag but I'm not sure what came of it. I agree it does seem strange she wouldn't have jeans - they are so practical for holidays on the beach.
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL - Page 2 Empty Posts split from Smith topic

Post by Guest 23.10.13 18:55

candyfloss wrote:Now you have the topic, would you please discuss on there rather than this thread which is about the Smith sighting thanks
Please see above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  please use link I have provided just a couple of posts ago re fleece, bag etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 19:00

Am bringing this post back up as we have been discussing it on Smithman thread, but re-directed as the topic of the plastic bag belongs here really.   What it means though is we don't have some of our debate on that thread today, unless someone can copy over the posts? !

I also think that the thread in a sense does relate to Smithman, because it is talking about possible exit-strategies, how they may have happened, and what clues there could be. 

Anyway, hope we can continue here.  All links much appreciated.  dance
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.10.13 19:03

I will try and merge some posts, although it is a bit difficult to do and I am frightened of losing some posts big grin   Will move this to debate section shortly, when I have moved some posts over from Smith thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 23.10.13 19:05

Does anyone recall seeing anything in the files about this white carrier bag and its contents?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 19:12

Thankyou Candyfloss; it's moving!
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.10.13 19:14

Merged posts in here now.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 19:22

Thankyou Candyfloss; really appreciated.yes
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 23.10.13 19:26

I think it has been said that the plastic bag find is not in GA's book, which could imply it was investigated at the time and ruled out.  Or it was wooshed.  It would be very good to know more.
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 23.10.13 19:30

I have read somewhere on here (sorry, no link) that GA has stated he has some evidence, undisclosed in his book - maybe it relates to this?
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 24.10.13 9:02

I'm bringing this thread up again.  Some fascinating material here, inc. suggestion that one of T7 consulted a lawyer.
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 24.10.13 9:16

Page 2 of this thread: 

"Sharoni wrote:  '.. the barn story reported that Gerry and Russell's mobiles were traced to a disused barn where the towel was found.'
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaci 24.10.13 9:55

Searcher wrote:Page 2 of this thread: 

"Sharoni wrote:  '.. the barn story reported that Gerry and Russell's mobiles were traced to a disused barn where the towel was found.'
Daily Express article (2nd December 2007)

Now hunt centres on disused barn

The hunt for Madeleine McCann last night centred on a disused barn near Praia da Luz where police found a towel stained with what may turn out to be the little girl's blood.

Fibres found on the towel allegedly match fibres from the hire car rented by Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester.

Today for the first time the Sunday Express can shed light on the new avenue plicie are pursuing in the hope of a breakthrough in the baffling case.

Based on fresh information from mobile phone surveillance police began a search of an area in the south east of the resort. They came across a towel, with an Aztec design, near a disused barn in a remote area close to Praia da Luz.

Portuguese sources say forensic scientists used a substance called Luminol to look for blood deposits and found three sites on the edges of the towel. They tested the blood deposits to see if there was a match for Madeleine's DNA.

Although the samples were not good quality the scientists were able to do what is called low copy analysis, which showed there was "moderate" support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in any court case.

They also found a loaf and a carrier bag, which produced no significant information, but close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the Renault Scenic hired by the McCanns 25 days after Maddie vanished.

Portuguese police said there was "strong support" that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres from the boot of the car.

One possibility being considered by the Portuguese detectives was that the towel had at some point been in the boot of the Renault Scenic, which would explain how fibres had got on it
I don't remember reading any forensic analysis on the towel in the PJ Files but there's so much information in the article that it's difficult to disbelieve it.
Jaci

Activity : 23

http://atticshelf.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 06.11.13 0:39

Tanner is the key to all this.....Am sure of it
Interesting thread....
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.11.13 6:27

I believe there was a bag. The description of the contents ring true and we have JT's unnecessary statement (I.e. given without prompting) in the rogs.   She didn't take jeans on the holiday and she didn't take a fleece. Those two items were allegedly found in the discarded bag. 

As for the barn. Fibres found in the barn matched fibres in the car. GA stated in one interview that the pink blanket was the key. 

Some evidence that was leaked perhaps and then never reappeared.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 06.11.13 10:09

tigger wrote:I believe there was a bag. The description of the contents ring true and we have JT's unnecessary statement (I.e. given without prompting) in the rogs.   She didn't take jeans on the holiday and she didn't take a fleece. Those two items were allegedly found in the discarded bag. 

As for the barn. Fibres found in the barn matched fibres in the car. GA stated in one interview that the pink blanket was the key. 

Some evidence that was leaked perhaps and then never reappeared.
Agree, Tigger, and very pleased to see this thread is active.  I recall that, at one time, the bag was declared "a hoax" but that doesn't key in with the alleged DNA findings.  The shower curtain is also interesting.  The pink blanket is the elephant in the room - I recall that KM said on Oprah Winfrey she hoped it would be of comfort to Madeleine; forgetting it had been photographed by the police in the apartment after the event, by my understanding.  So what happened to the pink blanket?
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum