The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Mm11

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Mm11

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Regist10

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo 02.12.15 18:34

Maria M A Jose - 

saw MBM 4.30pm on 3rd May, having tea at the restaurant. - 

Mistaken Identity (child she refers to went to creche next to tapas, maybe Lilly?)
Maria M A Jose - 

Maria Manuela Antonia José, Cook, Tapas restaurant, saw Madeleine may 3rd ± 16.30 hrs., p. 261

saw MBM 4.30pm on 3rd May, having tea at the restaurant. - 
Was mistaken and probably saw Lilly at the creche next to the Tapas

[size=10]after seeing pictures of the missing child on television, that she realised who the girl was, referring to her as Madeleine (the name used by the journalists) remembering only at that moment that [size=12]she had seen her during the meals provided to the children at the crèche, and which take place at the restaurant where she works and during arrivals at the crèche where Madeleine spent the day, located immediately next to the restaurant.
the last time she saw Madeleine was at approximately 16.30 on 3rd May 2007 when she was having dinner with the other children in their part of the restaurant, as she did each day of that week

Another example of mistakenly thinking that one of the other tapas children was Madeleine?
[/size]
[/size]

REASON TO QUESTION -  Maria the cook mentions Madeleine being at the creche next to the tapas during the day.  Madeleine did not attend that creche.  Madeleine's creche was 10 minutes away in the main reception building.  NO PROOF IT WAS MADELEINE SHE WAS DESCRIBING
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo 02.12.15 18:39

Jeronimo Salcedes 
- bartender, 

saw MBM on the 3rd May near the restaurant. (note: question about this because although it appears in the 'snippets' post in the staff thread in the Files section, his actual statement saye he couldn't recall having seen them) - 

Cannot remember seeing her
Jeronimo Salcedes 

- bartender, saw MBM on the 3rd May near the restaurant. (note: question about this because although it appears in the 'snippets' post in the staff thread in the Files section, his actual statement say he couldn't recall having seen them) - 

Cannot remember seeing her

Jeronimo T. R. Salcedas (1/3) (snippet), Barman, Tapas bar, Ocean Club, saw Maddie may 3rd. 16.45 hrs., page 125
Jeronimo T. R. Salcedas (2/3), Barman, Tapas bar, Ocean Club, page 233
Jeronimo T. R. Salcedas (3/3), Barman, Tapas bar, Ocean Club, CR 5 p. 22
- He saw the missing Madelaine, for the last time, yesterday at 16.45h next to the restaurant; ?

In spite of having already observed many photos of Madeleine he claims that he could not state with any certainty that he had seen her at any moment, the same goes for whom he now knows to be her twin siblings. The specifics of his work do not leave him with much time to focus his attention on the children that were around, although as he has stated previously he worked with children of Madeleine’s approximate age for almost four years.

Since Madeleine’s disappearance, I have seen her picture many times in the media, but I cannot honestly affirm that I remember seeing her in person before the disappearance from the Ocean Club. There were many children and I never paid much attention to any of them. 

REASON FOR QUESTIONING - Although at one point he claims to have seen her, he realised he may have been wrong.  NOT PROOF OF SEEING MADELEINE
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.12.15 18:45

Cecilia Paula Dias Firmino do Carmo
PR Millenium  

Saw Madeleine at breakfast

Mistaken identity?

- saw MBM at breakfast when she worked on Tue, Wed & thurs, but does not specify exactly when seen (Note: conflicting evidence on where breakfast was taken by the family, and when)

Probably mistaken identity as McCanns did not go to breakfast during the week when she was working

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post137.html#p137

Date/Time: 2007/05/06 22H00

Place of Work: Millenium restaurant, OC.

When asked, she says that she knows the parents, the siblings and Madeleine. She received them for breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, she does not know whether they went for breakfast on Sunday or Monday, as these were her days off.

She says that breakfast was served between 08.00 and 10.00 and that the McCanns would arrive between 08.00 and 09.00.

She says that the McCanns appeared to be a normal family and that the relation between the members of the family was very good. Madeleine appeared to be very attached to her father and was always clinging on to him. Given her public relations function she was always very nice to the guests and would get involved with the children, saying that Madeleine was very shy and did not respond to her. She says that the only contact she had with guests was at the entrance to the Millenium restaurant, she did not have a view of the tables or the Buffet area.

REASON FOR QUESTIONING - Cecila did not work on the ONLY day we 'know' that Madeleine went to the Millenium for breakfast. Sunday.

She may have been describing E**a on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and her description of her being shy DOES describe E**a's personality and not Madeleine.
NOT PROOF THAT SHE SAW MADELEINE
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.12.15 18:51

I have been posting one, by one the witnesses that CLAIM they saw Madeleine and posting on a new message each time for anyone that disputes to quote and add their comments.

I think you can see that so far, witnesses that many people have believed saw Madeleine are being shown to have probably been incorrect.

Does anyone disagree with the witnesses I have posted so far?

FATIMA

CATRIONA
MARIA (tapas cook)
JERONIMO (Waiter)
CECILIA (Millenium hostess for breakfast)
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.12.15 20:21

@Tony Bennett wrote:  I have just read and digested the whole thread and will answer your question, having previously not noted it - sorry.

Blimey are you in a time warp - who can remember that far back?

If you're hinting that I'm not paying attention to everything that's ever been posted on this forum then you're dead right - guilty as charged.  As you say, your posts and those of HiDeHo are somewhat lengthy so take a lot of concentration - as I've got the attention span of a languishing amoeba I admit to perhaps being a trifle inattentive at times.  This is not a criticism of your joint excellent work, it's an admission of my own faults - believe me there's a lot of them!

I take your point about the press report being a possible set up to reinforce the abduction theory but I've always leaned more towards the idea that the McCanns were in the vicinity of Sagres on 30th April, unlikely as it may appear, hence my reference to the creche records i.e. the twins being signed in the Jellyfish club but Madeleine absent from the Lobsters for best part of the afternoon and of course the spotlight on the Burgau apartment block.

I will try to find the time to take another look at the thread you mention thumbsup .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.12.15 22:12

Verdi wrote: I've always leaned more towards the idea that the McCanns were in the vicinity of Sagres on 30th April...  [SNIPPED]
There's absolutely zero evidence for this, @ Verdi - apart from that flurry of news reports on 11th and 12th May, probably inspired by Team McCann, which put in the minds of the British public that a paedophile had seen Madeleine on  the beach at Sagres.

Neither the creche records nor the account of Monday given by Kate McCann in her book, 'madeleine' mention a visit to Sagres on Monday 30 April, or at any other time.   

Yet the McCann-inspired newspaper articles insisted they were there on 30 April.

Go figure!

(Clue: Smoke...

...and Mirrors).

It really doesn't help us to believe any of these tales when Nuno Lourenco swore that his daughter was nearly captured on Sunday, while the McCann-inspired news stories placed Lourenco and the McCann there on the Monday.

Both stories were immense successes though.

Lourenco's story sent the police on a wild goose chase to Berlin and Warsaw...

...while the 'paedophile-and-McCanns-at-Sagres' invention was the first in a long, long line of tales of abductors, paedophiles, gypsies, sightings, suspects, e-fits, burglars, smelly bin-men' 'persons of interest' and 'people we wish to eliminate from our enquiries', the like of which the world has never ever seen before, nor is ever likely to do so, as long as the world lasts

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.12.15 22:13

HiDeHo wrote:I have been posting one, by one the witnesses that CLAIM they saw Madeleine and posting on a new message each time for anyone that disputes to quote and add their comments.

I think you can see that so far, witnesses that many people have believed saw Madeleine are being shown to have probably been incorrect.

Does anyone disagree with the witnesses I have posted so far?

FATIMA

CATRIONA
MARIA (tapas cook)
JERONIMO (Waiter)
CECILIA (Millenium hostess for breakfast)
I haven't seen so much as a shred of conclusive evidence that Madeleine was seen during the entire week, I'm not even convinced by Fatima for reasons previously stated.

Pay no heed to vicious vulgar foul mouthed stalkers (hiding away in their own little domain that refuses to publish comments) that have nothing better to do with their time than discredit anyone trying to uncover the truth behind MBM's disappearance - they are not worth the time or energy.  Unlike some, to your credit, you do at least invite criticism and/or welcome opposing points of view so you can't be accused of trying to manipulate opinion or being the ultimate authority on all things McCann.  Pity others can't learn from you!

Rant over!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.12.15 22:22

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote: I've always leaned more towards the idea that the McCanns were in the vicinity of Sagres on 30th April...  [SNIPPED]
There's absolutely zero evidence for this, @ Verdi - apart from that flurry of news reports on 11th and 12th May, probably inspired by Team McCann, which put in the minds of the British public that a paedophile had seen Madeleine on  the beach at Sagres.

Neither the creche records nor the account of Monday given by Kate McCann in her book, 'madeleine' mention a visit to Sagres on Monday 30 April, or at any other time.   

Yet the McCann-inspired newspaper articles insisted they were there on 30 April.

Go figure!

(Clue: Smoke...

...and Mirrors).

It really doesn't help us to believe any of these tales when Nuno Lourenco swore that his daughter was nearly captured on Sunday, while the McCann-inspired news stories placed Lourenco and the McCann there on the Monday.

Both stories were immense successes though.

Lourenco's story sent the police on a wild goose chase to Berlin and Warsaw...

...while the 'paedophile-and-McCanns-at-Sagres' invention was the first in a long, long line of tales of abductors, paedophiles, gypsies, sightings, suspects, e-fits, burglars, smelly bin-men' 'persons of interest' and 'people we wish to eliminate from our enquiries', the like of which the world has never ever seen before, nor is ever likely to do so, as long as the world lasts
As I said, I take your point and I know there is no evidence to suggest the McCanns being at Sagres on 30th April.  I was considering the paedophile angle but obviously from a different view point - all concentrated around the Burgau apartment block and the Murat connection.  Thinking out loud -no evidence - just a hunch.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTroof 03.12.15 0:34

Beach trip Monday based on creche records. Maddie & twins return to creche late Monday pm i.e. after trip to beach
DaTroof

Activity : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.15 8:42

DaTroof wrote:Beach trip Monday based on creche records. Maddie & twins return to creche late Monday pm i.e. after trip to beach
This s a very strange post indeed. Are you seriously suggesting that the McCanns and all the children went to Sagres on Monday 30 April?

This is the Lobster creche record that day:

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Zzzzzz14

If correct, it shows Madeleine being picked up from the crèche at lunchtime at 12.10pm and returned there at 3.15pm.

Are you suggesting that this crèche record is accurate?

If yes, are you suggesting that the McCanns went to Sagres between 12.10pm and 3.15pm?

If you answer 'Yes' to that, then there's another set of quesriosn. How did they make the 16-mile journey there?

By 'bus?

By car?

Whose car?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 03.12.15 10:44

@TB

I think @DaTroof is probably referring to the Luz beach trip for ice creams and pop rather than Sagres. Two threads of discussion going on so it may help if specifics are stated!
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.15 11:45

skyrocket wrote:@TB

I think @DaTroof is probably referring to the Luz beach trip for ice creams and pop rather than Sagres. Two threads of discussion going on so it may help if specifics are stated!
You may be right, in which case I stand corrected.

However, Da Troof twice refers to the beach trip being on the Monday, whereas Kate McCann's book pitches a beach trip on the Tuesday: 'madeleine', pages 57-59.

In this account she repeatedly emphasises how they - all five of them - went to the beach, and bought five ice creams etc. etc.

No photographs of this event, though.

For some reason.

Kate says of that day (Tuesday) (p. 58) "The weather wasn't great: in fact, on the beach it started to rain".

Further on down the page we are told that on this rainy day, Gerry bought some sunglasses from a market stall. It seems he never had a pair in England, or he and his missus forgot to pack them.

This purchase of the sunglasses is one of the best evidences that the 'Last Photo' was taken on the Thursday...     winkwink

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 03.12.15 15:26

if the weather 'wasn't great' and it started raining on the beach then its a little bit odd they bought according to kate 5 icecreams.  Now kids can be demanding and the fact that it wasn't really warm on the beach would not stop kids demanding things but why would the two adults spend money on icecreams for themselves on such a day. On a gloomy beach with rain threatening the last thing I would want is an icecream. Also the McCanns seem a bit on the tight side so while they might buy ice creams for the kids to keep them quiet why spend on themselves?
the FIVE is to emphasise they were still a family of five then when they weren't IMO.
woodpecker

Activity : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 17:14

HiDeHo wrote:

PR Millenium  

Saw Madeleine at breakfast

Mistaken identity?

- saw MBM at breakfast when she worked on Tue, Wed & thurs, but does not specify exactly when seen (Note: conflicting evidence on where breakfast was taken by the family, and when)

Probably mistaken identity as McCanns did not go to breakfast during the week when she was working

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post137.html#p137

Date/Time: 2007/05/06 22H00

Place of Work: Millenium restaurant, OC.

When asked, she says that she knows the parents, the siblings and Madeleine. She received them for breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, she does not know whether they went for breakfast on Sunday or Monday, as these were her days off.

She says that breakfast was served between 08.00 and 10.00 and that the McCanns would arrive between 08.00 and 09.00.

She says that the McCanns appeared to be a normal family and that the relation between the members of the family was very good. Madeleine appeared to be very attached to her father and was always clinging on to him. Given her public relations function she was always very nice to the guests and would get involved with the children, saying that Madeleine was very shy and did not respond to her. She says that the only contact she had with guests was at the entrance to the Millenium restaurant, she did not have a view of the tables or the Buffet area.

REASON FOR QUESTIONING - Cecila did not work on the ONLY day we 'know' that Madeleine went to the Millenium for breakfast. Sunday.

She may have been describing E**a on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and her description of her being shy DOES describe E**a's personality and not Madeleine.
NOT PROOF THAT SHE SAW MADELEINE
I'm not sure she was mistaken because there's not only Madeleine she remembers, but Gerry McCann and she would have been pretty sure what he looked like by the time she made her statement' Also ROB looks nothing like Gerry McCann, and is unmistakably tall.  What are your thoughts?
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 03.12.15 17:19

How does Tony feel about HDH's
assertion that Fatima's ( the cleaner ) sighting of Madeleine at 1.30 ish on Sunday was in her opinion credible? How can the 'Last Photo' have been taken on Sunday if HDH is right?

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 17:47

pennylane wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:
pennylane wrote:Good work HdH thumbup

If I may start with what Goncalo Amaral told Kazlux directly when asked in person whilst launching his book in Amersterdam on 5th May 2009.  

Q: Have you any doubt as to the validity of Madeleine attending the creche on 3/5?

A: No doubt whatsoever.

My own belief is that GA would not have said this if there were any doubts as it's a vital part of the initial investigation to establish when Maddie was last seen.  I know some say 'we know a lot more now,' however, my feeling is that GA is the one who knows a lot more than we do, and is one smart cookie.  Just saying.....
 You are absolutely correct pennylane and certainly IS something that I have taken into consideration.

What we DON'T know is what he based his information on.

Goncalo was the coordinator of the case and not the man on the ground interviewing.  He would recive the information from his officers.

Some of the nannies statements claimed to have seen Maddie during the week as well as a general statement from Catriona that she was there all week.

She was signed in an out every day and all of the information and statements points to her being there.

The investigation had no reason at that point to suspect she wasn't there, and even if they DID suspect anything was not credible, they cannot claim it in public unless it is proved to be wrong.

Once the rogatory interviews were in place, many things started to become questionable. Not because of memory but for many other reasons.

The police (after Goncalo was the coordinator) asked many questions that would have no relevance if something did not happen until that night.

Many of the witnesses were asked if they saw the McCanns in a car during the week...

Rachel claimed the LAST TIME she saw Madeleine was at mini tennis, but she claimed it was THURSDAY morning, but that was the Sharks that were playing, the lobsters played on TUESDAY.  Was Tuesday the last time she saw Madeleine?  

The police QUESTIONED Rachael and asked her WHICH COURT they played on...WHY?  Rachael responded with the incorrect answer, but whether Tuesday or Thursday they questioned her and that shuld not have been relevant if nothing happened until THURSDAY even ing...

Gerry started receiving the first of text messages, (which he deleted and denied) at 8am Wednesday morning.  These messages were so important to the investigation that they applied to SUPREME court about a month before the shelving to try to get info on these messages.  They were refused, but if nothing happened until Thursday night WHY would these text messages be of such importance from Wednesday morning? 

Goncalo Amaral claimed in his documentary, while pointing to Madeleine's bed that it didn't look like it had been slept in.  Goncalo Amaral knew the cleaner had made the bed Wednesday morning, so was he suggesting she hadn't slept in it since Tuesday night?

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Tavare10

There are other indications also about discrepancies DURING the week that the police had questioned.

I have no idea what Goncalo based his knowledge on and whether it was his opinion or based on the investigation 'facts' (that hadn't been proven)  my effort is not to prove him wrong...

I am just asking for ANY indication that could be considered PROOF she was seen...

Also, any reason the discrepancies started to happen on Tuesday
Thank you HiDeHo  airkiss

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.  In fact I would say you have hit on something else that was going on, that is perhaps the reason the McCanns got all their protection?  I'm just not comfortable believing so many are lying, not credible, or mistaken re M being alive that week. I still feel she met her demise on 3rd and there was last minute panic and shambolic backfitting, and I cannot shake that feeling off whenever I go back over the events of that evening.
HiDeHo just to add a thought hello 

Regarding your above reference to GA stating Maddie's bed did not look slept in, I absolutely agree, which adds more credence to a lack of staging, especially when you take into account the bedding arrangement was suddenly different on the 3rd, as confirmed by the Ocean Club maid, Maria Julia de Silva, who says when she cleaned the Mc's apartment on Wed May 2nd, the McCanns bedroom had a child's cot in it, and in the room next to the entrance there was a bed next to the wall (where she supposed the missing child slept), which also contained a second child's cot.  All these beds were untidy at the time, meaning that they had been used. But the following evening of May 3rd both cots were together in the same room (Madeleine's room).  This rather adds to my theory that Maddie met her demise the evening of the 3rd, and (imo) she may have been ill that day as Kate said she was pale and very tired (maybe worried others had noticed), which perhaps adds weight to your theory she was not at High Tea?
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 03.12.15 17:51

Pennylane,

Based on KM’s book, Cecilia had to be mistaken (and we all know that everything in there is completely factual don’t we?)

‘Sunday 29 April, we woke up bright and early and feeling refreshed. After a quick wash, we returned to the Millennium
restaurant,…….......

Gerry had made a trip to Baptista, a supermarket a short distance from the Ocean Club on Rua Dr Gentil Martins, to get in a few bits and pieces for lunch, plus some cereal, to save us making the trek to the Millennium restaurant for breakfast each morning………….

The following days settled into a similar pattern: we’d have breakfast in the apartment,……………..’

Should have been easy for the PJ to confirm either way as it would be usual for all-inclusive guests to sign a register when they go for a meal to stop all & sundry just walking in off the street.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 17:55

Tony Bennett wrote:
pennylane wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you at all.  In fact I would say you have hit on something else that was going on, that is perhaps the reason the McCanns got all their protection?  I'm just not comfortable believing so many are lying, not credible, or mistaken re M being alive that week...
Here's one very important 'sighting' of Madeleine that week which looks like it was certainly mistaken, and not credible.

We haven't spent any time looking at it, though IIRC HideHo might have referred to it briefly way up the thread.

It's a sighting that IMO deserves much much more attention than it has had so far.

It's the one by Luisa Anade Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho - one of the Ocean Club receptionists:    
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm *

Here's what she says:

She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the individuals of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

When questioned, she confirms that the man was not the father of the girl but one of the members of the group whom was often seen in his company.

The man justified his request by saying that the group had many small children whom they would leave alone when they went to dine. She said that at intervals some two parents would go to the apartments to see if everything was OK.

UNQUOTE

Some say that this account only makes sense if the individual concerened was Dr Russell O'Brien - and the girl with him was not Madeleine but his own daughter, Ella.

Ella was said to look very much like Madeleine.  

Luisa Ana Coutinho, along with other witnesses, was probably shown a photograph of Madeleine - in order to identify her - which was one of those circulating in the early days, maybe the 'First Photo', so probably only 'recognised' this girl as Madeleine from the photographs of her being circulated.

This has led a number of people, very understandably, to suggest that a number of the claimed 'sightings' of Madeleine that week were actually of Ella, and not of Madeleine at all.

* acknowledgement to pamalam  
Thank you Tony,  hello

Yes it could indicate the two girls looked alike.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 18:04

Doug D wrote:Pennylane,

Based on KM’s book, Cecilia had to be mistaken (and we all know that everything in there is completely factual don’t we?)

‘Sunday 29 April, we woke up bright and early and feeling refreshed. After a quick wash, we returned to the Millennium
restaurant,…….......

Gerry had made a trip to Baptista, a supermarket a short distance from the Ocean Club on Rua Dr Gentil Martins, to get in a few bits and pieces for lunch, plus some cereal, to save us making the trek to the Millennium restaurant for breakfast each morning………….

The following days settled into a similar pattern: we’d have breakfast in the apartment,……………..’

Should have been easy for the PJ to confirm either way as it would be usual for all-inclusive guests to sign a register when they go for a meal to stop all & sundry just walking in off the street.
One often suspects the opposite where the bewk's revelations are concerned.

But easily verified as you say, Doug nod
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 03.12.15 21:28

pennylane wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
pennylane wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you at all.  In fact I would say you have hit on something else that was going on, that is perhaps the reason the McCanns got all their protection?  I'm just not comfortable believing so many are lying, not credible, or mistaken re M being alive that week...
Here's one very important 'sighting' of Madeleine that week which looks like it was certainly mistaken, and not credible.

We haven't spent any time looking at it, though IIRC HideHo might have referred to it briefly way up the thread.

It's a sighting that IMO deserves much much more attention than it has had so far.

It's the one by Luisa Anade Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho - one of the Ocean Club receptionists:    
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm *

Here's what she says:

She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the individuals of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

When questioned, she confirms that the man was not the father of the girl but one of the members of the group whom was often seen in his company.

The man justified his request by saying that the group had many small children whom they would leave alone when they went to dine. She said that at intervals some two parents would go to the apartments to see if everything was OK.

UNQUOTE

Some say that this account only makes sense if the individual concerened was Dr Russell O'Brien - and the girl with him was not Madeleine but his own daughter, Ella.

Ella was said to look very much like Madeleine.  

Luisa Ana Coutinho, along with other witnesses, was probably shown a photograph of Madeleine - in order to identify her - which was one of those circulating in the early days, maybe the 'First Photo', so probably only 'recognised' this girl as Madeleine from the photographs of her being circulated.

This has led a number of people, very understandably, to suggest that a number of the claimed 'sightings' of Madeleine that week were actually of Ella, and not of Madeleine at all.

* acknowledgement to pamalam  
Thank you Tony,  hello

Yes it could indicate the two girls looked alike.

And significantly, upon these reports being made public, her father did not attempt to clarify to the contrary.

To date we have not had one single credible challenge to Hi-deHo's research. Not one.
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.15 22:32

kaz wrote:How does Tony feel about HDH's assertion that Fatima's (the cleaner) sighting of Madeleine at 1.30 ish on Sunday was in her opinion credible? How can the 'Last Photo' have been taken on Sunday if HDH is right?
First, HDH's assertion of a very high degree of credibility is spot on.

Here's the cleaner's statement:

She states that this took place on Sunday 29th April, just before she finished her morning work shift (13.30) as she had the afternoon off that day. At about 13.15 she went to help her mother, who was cleaning apartment 5I of the same block (5) situated on the first floor. She clearly remembers seeing the girl accompanied by her siblings and mother leave their apartment (5 A) and walk to the stairs leading to the floor above. She was very close to them at a distance of about 1 metre, observing their movements for a few moments because she was charmed by them. Madeleine led the way with a plate (perhaps plastic) in her hand bearing a piece of bread. As regards the clothes she was wearing she only remembers a skirt but cannot recall its description. She noted, because she thought them nice, the type of shoes she was wearing, tennis shoes, light in colour she thinks, which had little lights along the soles, which lit up each time she stepped on the ground. Her siblings followed behind her, wearing the same kind of shoes and each holding a piece of bread in their hands, their mother followed behind them without holding their hands. She seems to remember that the mother was also carrying a plate. Moments afterwards, perhaps the time it took to close the apartment door, the father came out and also headed to the apartment upstairs. When asked, she does not remember whether the father pulled the door closed or locked it with a key.

Now, let's just analyse how much detail this statement is packed with, going through the statement line by line:

1. Specific date - Sunday 29th
2. Time - just before finishing morning shift at 1.30pm
3. More specifics on time - was helping mother clean Apartment 5I at about 1.15pm
4. Remembers Madeleine ('the girl')
5. Specifically refers to the siblings
6. Detailed description of the siblings - following Madeleine (not just: 'I saw three young children')   
7. Saw the mother follow on
8. Detail - saw the them walking to the stairs
9. Was very close to them - 1 metre or so (a few feet away)
10. She was 'charmed' by them (alternative translations might be 'attracted to' or 'fascinated by' them
11. Madeleine had a plate
12. Maybe plastic
13. In her hand 
14. Madeleine was wearing a skirt
15. Wearing tennis shoes
16. Light in colour
17. Flashing lights appeared on the shoes as she walked
18. The siblings also had the 'flashing light' shoes
19. The siblings each had a piece of bread (maybe a roll or small loaf?)
20. In their hand 
21. Mother followed on behind
22. Mother also carrying a plate
23. Father came out of the door a bit after the others
24. Not sure if he locked it or not
25. Saw all five members of the family (last recorded time any independent person saw all five together)
26. Father also headed up the stairs.

An extremely useful list of twenty-six separate matters of detail- so I am in complete harmony with HDH on her assessment of this statement as highly credible.

What's more, it includes elements of corroboration. I can think of at least three:

1. Playground pics of Madeleine show her wearing shoes with flashing lights
2. Airport bus pics also show siblings wearing similar shoes
3. McCanns confirm that they were having lunch in the Payne's apartment that day - taking up some bread would be fully consistent with that ('madeleine', p. 52: "We al had lunch on the balcony of the apartment Fi and Dave were having with Dianne").

'kaz' asked: How can the 'Last Photo' have been taken on Sunday if HDH is right?

I find this a truly extraordinary question for 'kaz' to ask.

Simple.

A. Cleaner sees all five members of the family going somewhere with bread and plates at 1.15pm or so.

B. McCanns have picnic lunch with the Paynes as described in p. 52 of Kate's book - say 1.15pm to around 2pm.

C. McCanns all walk down to the Ocean Club small pool where the 'Last Photo' is taken at 2.29pm on the Sunday by Kate - Sean somewhere off camera.

And there is an element of corrobration in the cleaner's statement.

On the Saturday, we have three photos of Madeleine playing around the Ocean Club grassed area in her trousers.    

But the following day, the cleaner remembers seeing her in a skirt.   

This provides a measure of corroboration since in the Last Photo...

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 9 Zzzzzz11

...Madeleine is wearing a dress, not trousers.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 23:00

Personally I don't believe Catriona Baker would say she was with little Maddie throughout the week if she was not. I agree she doesn't say Maddie was at High Tea, but she does say Maddie was brought in by Gerry on the morning of May 3rd.  I don't believe she was mistaken either as she knew both Maddie and Ella from the get go. I don't believe her being invited to the McCanns house means much as it is their MO to do such things.

I agree the witnesses are not 100% reliable for various reasons, but without CCTV footage it's pure speculation to say all these witnesses are mistaken.  Absence of proof is not proof of absence (imo).
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.15 23:13

pennylane wrote:Personally I don't believe Catriona Baker would say she was with little Maddie throughout the week if she was not. I agree she doesn't say Maddie was at High Tea, but she does say Maddie was brought in by Gerry on the morning of May 3rd. 
@ pennylane     Cat Baker testifies that Madeleine went sailing on the morning of Thursday 3rd May.

Do you believe that statement?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.12.15 23:16

Tony Bennett wrote:
pennylane wrote:Personally I don't believe Catriona Baker would say she was with little Maddie throughout the week if she was not. I agree she doesn't say Maddie was at High Tea, but she does say Maddie was brought in by Gerry on the morning of May 3rd. 
@ pennylane     Cat Baker testifies that Madeleine went sailing on the morning of Thursday 3rd May.

Hi Tony, what time was that please?
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.12.15 23:23

pennylane wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Hi Tony, what time was that please?

From Cat Baker's Rogatory Interview, 18 April 2008:

I never noted anything strange in Madeleine's comportment during the time I stayed with her. There was one occasion, on Thursday, 3rd of May 2007, around 10H30 in the morning, where she cried at the launch of the yellow safety boat in the ocean where all the children were sailing. She was scared and fearful and cried on my lap "I am scared, I am scared." We only used the launches to transport the children to the small yellow boats. When we returned to the other boat she was happy again. She sailed in the small boat and even though some children had the opportunity to return to the port, she stayed for a second time [in the small boat]  as she appeared to be having a good time. Jane Tanner's daughter also took part in my group and together they would play. Apart from being a happy child in the club, she always seemed very content when she saw her parents. Madeleine did not demonstrate any fear with the return launch to land.

REST SNIPPED

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top