The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHY ? - Page 3 Mm11

WHY ? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHY ? - Page 3 Mm11

WHY ? - Page 3 Regist10

WHY ?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHY ? - Page 3 Empty Re: WHY ?

Post by ShuBob 10.07.14 22:27

I wonder if she can produce evidence that she had it medically checked out and given a jab in case the rabid dog had rabies.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.07.14 22:34

ShuBob wrote:I wonder if she can produce evidence that she had it medically checked out and given a jab in case the rabid dog had rabies.
Nah, cos she carried on as coolly as she could, cos she's a bwave bwave gal.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 10.07.14 23:00

Dee Coy wrote:
sharonl wrote:
worriedmum wrote:WHY did Kate feel the need to tell us that she was 'attacked' by dogs on one of her runs, and that it drew blood?

Was that before or after the purchase of the new pink trainers?

Why did she need new trainers?

She said she had bought the pink trainers just prior to the holiday.

They are Saucony Grid Trigon Ride 4. Fairly exclusive. Although I've looked for the Saucony brand in the usual sports shops chains, I haven't found any (yes, I know that makes me sound an incredibly sad type of person) so I imagine she would have had to buy them either online or from an exclusive store. I would have thought it incredibly difficult to find these trainers at short notice stuck out in Portugal,  so I'm inclined to believe that she did take them with her on the holiday.

As to whether or not they are a clue she wants to provide an alibi for with the dog bite story or they're a decoy for a completely different pair of trainers, I'm not sure.

Being the sad sort I am, I did a bit of delving into the pink trainers and waffled on about it here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5492p20-bloody-footprint-found-in-mccanns-holiday-apartment
When you say exclusive, if you go into most proper running shops, asics and saucony trainers are in pretty wide supply. If you wear orthotics or over pronate etc and run a lot then these are great trainer brands. Not generally picked up in sports direct and the like. 

It does sound really shifty though why you would mention such a trivial story if it was just a nip and required no treatment etc. especially in a book.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 11.07.14 11:25

missbeetle wrote:
worriedmum wrote:WHY did Kate feel the need to tell us that she was 'attacked' by dogs on one of her runs, and that it drew blood?

As we ran along the promenade, a small dog jumped out from under a bench and attacked my right calf. It was pretty sore and I was a bit shaken, but I carried on as coolly as I could manage.
McCann, Kate (2011-05-12). Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her (Kindle Locations 893-894). Transworld. Kindle Edition.

Is this a different dog incident to the one that she wrote about in her diary?

MONDAY, JULY 23: I got up at 7.00 and went running. I was surrounded by a pack of dogs (more or less 12)—it really wasn't a nice experience. I went to the flat, high part of the cliff as I felt really alone and a little frightened. Please God, don't let Madeleine be buried here. Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 11.07.14 11:41

Miraflores wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
Q Why did GM say he had his wallet stolen whilst in London 
A

To explain a lack of credit cards; detailed examination of spending on them may have been incriminatory.
Hi Miraflores

Sorry I';m trying to get my head around this. This would imply that GM had credit cards available wit hhim on the holiday but that he decided to create a fictitious 'theft' whilst in London. That way he could deny having had credit cards and any associated purchases?

Would it not have been easy to have traced any credit card details from his time in PdL, regardless of whether he had them stolen later.. for instance I have credit cards today and purchased bleach and cleaning materials earlier this morning in order  to clean my house so that I can clean away the blood that spilled when I stabbed my next door neighbour who came round to borror milk (which really annoyed me to the point that I killed her).  Tomorrow, when news gets out that she has disappeared, I decide to hav my credit cards stolen so that my incriminating purchases today cannot be found out. 

Sorry I am just trying to work out whether that explanation is plausible not by thinking it through...
I think it is very important that he had his wallet stolen.. or made up the story .. .but dont know why.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 11.07.14 11:47

PeterMac wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Q Why did they alter the Last Photo ?
A Because they need to produce some concrete ‘evidence’ that Madeleine was alive and well on 3rd
An alternative explanation is that they needed to show that GM was at OC for the afternoon of the 3rd May.

Nice one !  That makes his personal "Window of Opportunity" MUCH larger.

I had budgeted on half to a quarter on an hour, but that stretches it to a very long time, even with his ruptured Achilles Tendon - which miraculously healed by 5pm
Yes, having read all the rog. statements relating to the afternoon of the 3rd May, the whereabouts of Gerry that afternoon are not at all clear. He seems to disappear for a few hours. There is discussion of him being with RM (potentially indicated by them turning off and on their mobiles within some minutes of each other.)
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 11.07.14 12:01

HelenMeg - I am not sure, in answer to your question. I don't suppose Gerry thought all that deeply about it either.  Maybe Gerry didn't use his credit cards much on holiday, wasn't it an 'all in' package? When he got home he conveniently lost his cards, in case he was required to produce statements which might show other dodgy transactions. Weren't financial records refused to the Portuguese?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.07.14 12:09

Q  Why did Kate tell the court that Sean had heard about the book on the radio, and had asked her about it.
A  Because it was a good story to increase the feeling of suffering within the family and to garner sympathy

Q  Why did Gerry deny that there were any incidents involving the school at all
A  Because it was the truth ? ? ? ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 11.07.14 12:20

PeterMac wrote:
A  Because it was the truth ? ? ? ?

a novelty
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 11.07.14 12:22

HelenMeg wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
for instance I have credit cards today and purchased bleach and cleaning materials earlier this morning in order  to clean my house so that I can clean away the blood that spilled when I stabbed my next door neighbour who came round to borror milk (which really annoyed me to the point that I killed her).  Tomorrow, when news gets out that she has disappeared, I decide to hav my credit cards stolen so that my incriminating purchases today cannot be found out. 

big grin
Praiaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 11.07.14 15:57

Genbug wrote:
missbeetle wrote:

As we ran along the promenade, a small dog jumped out from under a bench and attacked my right calf. It was pretty sore and I was a bit shaken, but I carried on as coolly as I could manage.
McCann, Kate (2011-05-12). Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her (Kindle Locations 893-894). Transworld. Kindle Edition.

MONDAY, JULY 23: I got up at 7.00 and went running. I was surrounded by a pack of dogs (more or less 12)—it really wasn't a nice experience. I went to the flat, high part of the cliff as I felt really alone and a little frightened. Please God, don't let Madeleine be buried here. Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.
Sounds to me like she's just trying to plant a subconscious hatred, or at the least, mistrust, of dogs for some reason I can't possibly fathom. Maybe someone could help here. I mean would there be any reason G and K might not like dogs...hmm...now let me see. Just my opinion, of course. (This is getting as silly as Ian Hislop's '...allegedly')
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 11.07.14 15:59

I don't even know what the BRITISH police are doing all over an investigation in Portugal anyway. Would the Portuguese be allowed to do similar in an investigation in the UK? Somehow, I really don't see it.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspector Clouseau 11.07.14 17:34

HelenMeg wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
Q Why did GM say he had his wallet stolen whilst in London 
A

To explain a lack of credit cards; detailed examination of spending on them may have been incriminatory.
Hi Miraflores

Sorry I';m trying to get my head around this. This would imply that GM had credit cards available wit hhim on the holiday but that he decided to create a fictitious 'theft' whilst in London. That way he could deny having had credit cards and any associated purchases?

Would it not have been easy to have traced any credit card details from his time in PdL, regardless of whether he had them stolen later.. for instance I have credit cards today and purchased bleach and cleaning materials earlier this morning in order  to clean my house so that I can clean away the blood that spilled when I stabbed my next door neighbour who came round to borror milk (which really annoyed me to the point that I killed her).  Tomorrow, when news gets out that she has disappeared, I decide to hav my credit cards stolen so that my incriminating purchases today cannot be found out. 

Sorry I am just trying to work out whether that explanation is plausible not by thinking it through...
I think it is very important that he had his wallet stolen.. or made up the story .. .but dont know why.
Credit cards companies don't work quite like that, they will store records for a person, and the actual credit card number isn't that important. So if for example Mr X loses his credit card mid month and gets issued a new one with a different card number, he will still get a statement for all transactions that month on both his old and new card. The credit card company will store details not only what you're buying and how much you paid, but also the location of the transaction (e.g. was it in person, over the phone or via the internet), and they will store these details for up to 6 years (last time I checked the regulations). 

So, strangely enough, reporting your card stolen whilst in London is actually confirming that it was you, spending with it in Portugal, so was he really unlucky in having it stolen ? or was it a cryptic message in his blogs ?
Inspector Clouseau

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 11.07.14 17:42

Obviously he was just unlucky. big grin 

Multiple choice question coming up:
Q. He gave medical assistance to a man on the plane, why?
A1 - The man was sick, even though there is no record of this.
A2 - To show what a hero he was.
A3 -  He didn't, it's just made up.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 11.07.14 17:55

Miraflores wrote:
I vote 3
Praiaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 18:14

Miraflores wrote:Obviously he was just unlucky. big grin 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's A2, a chance to display to all what a fine upstanding citizen he is, a heroic professional of whom the helpless public never know when they'll have need of his elite training and skills. He's different to the rest of us - better. A saver of lives. He gives life, doesn't take it away.

How could such a golden asset to society ever do anything wrong, the very idea is preposterous. And so the seed is sown.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 18:57

I am way behind - internet problems !
Wasn't there also some chap they assisted in the road?   
At present I cannot remember when/where this was, but it was K&G if I recall who came across a drunk/disabled person when they were driving??
They got out of their car and helped this person - where I have no idea ?
Obviously saved his life anyway whatever they did -being the sort of people who can't just pass by when someone needs help. !       winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 19:52

I've been searching for this, daffodil, but can't find it.  I think it's mentioned in The Book.  They were returning from the airport after dropping off one of their friends, Jon Corner?  The man was drunk and the saintly pair took him back to his apartment.  IIRC Mrs. said something like, 'we've all been there.'   As a poster has previously stated, what was her purpose in mentioning this incident?  Was it in case they were spotted?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 11.07.14 20:10

Ladyinred wrote:I've been searching for this, daffodil, but can't find it.  I think it's mentioned in The Book.  They were returning from the airport after dropping off one of their friends, Jon Corner?  The man was drunk and the saintly pair took him back to his apartment.  IIRC Mrs. said something like, 'we've all been there.'   As a poster has previously stated, what was her purpose in mentioning this incident?  Was it in case they were spotted?
From Kate's "diary" published NOTW September 2008

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/19-Sep8/NOTW-14-09-08.htm

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 20:10

Ladyinred wrote:I've been searching for this, daffodil, but can't find it.  I think it's mentioned in The Book.  They were returning from the airport after dropping off one of their friends, Jon Corner?  The man was drunk and the saintly pair took him back to his apartment.  IIRC Mrs. said something like, 'we've all been there.'   As a poster has previously stated, what was her purpose in mentioning this incident?  Was it in case they were spotted?

Found it Ladyinred, in the Mccann Files.    

comes to the aid of a passenger who has become ill on the flight; secondly, he reports that his wallet has been stolen - containing "irreplaceable" pictures of Madeleine - and; thirdly, driving back to Praia da Luz, he and Kate find a 'drunk' laying in the middle of the street - who Gerry then walks back to his apartment.

At the same time as this is happening, the McCanns issue a public appeal, very specifically aimed at Irish holidaymakers who were in Praia da Luz on 03 May 2007, to send them their holiday snaps.  

Interestingly, despite oft-repeated claims that the McCanns were constantly surrounded by photographers, there is not a single photograph of this trip.

Such a good-hearted couple.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WHY ? - Page 3 Empty Stray dogs...

Post by missbeetle 11.07.14 21:04

Genbug wrote:
missbeetle wrote:

You would think once bitten, twice shy!

A pack of a dozen dogs can be very frightening indeed.

Jennifer Murat has a friend, Bridget Hicks, who set up the Lagos Animal Protection Society thirty years ago.

She lives in Odiexere, and sounds an admirable lady.

Free on-site accommodation was available to animal care volunteers at her property.

According to the May 8th, 2007 blog post on gardinersworld.com : 

A local water board worker was in the business of breeding hunting dogs at a nearby dam.

Selected puppies from the litters were being sold.

This man had threatened Mrs Hicks previously.

I don't suppose Kate was taking a run around by a dam?

I wouldn't have thought - wherever she was -  that she'd be running alone.

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.07.14 21:09

If you are surrounded by a pack of dogs - STOP RUNNING !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 11.07.14 21:09

Gillyspot wrote:
From Kate's "diary" published NOTW September 2008

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/19-Sep8/NOTW-14-09-08.htm

Has anyone mentioned that "We've all been there!" (my bolding) might have been a coded message in the diary to the other Tapas members, knowing it would be published and they'd read it? Is Kate telling them that she and Gerry walked this (possibly fictitious) drunk guy around to his apartment, and THAT APARTMENT is one where all of them were familiar with on the fateful holiday, for reasons known to themselves?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 11.07.14 21:23

Dee Coy wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's A2, a chance to display to all what a fine upstanding citizen he is, a heroic professional of whom the helpless public never know when they'll have need of his elite training and skills. He's different to the rest of us - better. A saver of lives. He gives life, doesn't take it away.

How could such a golden asset to society ever do anything wrong, the very idea is preposterous.  And so the seed is sown.
A2 - I dont think he would make up something that happened on a plane full of passengers - a chance to show, as Decoy says, what a fine upstanding citizen he is... possibly his only chance.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 21:25

PeterMac wrote:If you are surrounded by a pack of dogs - STOP RUNNING !
Absolutely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum