The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

the medicines - Medicines Mm11

the medicines - Medicines Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

the medicines - Medicines Mm11

the medicines - Medicines Regist10

Medicines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the medicines - Medicines Empty Medicines

Post by Guest 18.05.11 10:28

Whilst reading something, I came across this, ......

Interview with Mr Amaral

8/05/2011 02:00
Dave said... 9

Part 2 of 2. Goncalo Amaral Interview at the launch of his books dutch version
"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

A: There is no doubt.
(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

And yet in her witness statement 6th September Kate says this:.................................

.When asked, she said that before they left she took some precautions, namely placed the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (packages in liquid for the children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting items that were used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry also took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What happened to this bag then??

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the medicines - Medicines Empty Re: Medicines

Post by Guest 18.05.11 10:34

Thanks Candyfloss, that needs to be included in the Library as a teaser. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the medicines - Medicines Empty Medicines/Drugged or not?

Post by Guest 30.05.11 19:52

Following on from this, in her book and interviews KM is now saying the children may have been drugged. She says she kept checking their chests and breathing. A statement of one of the tapas 7 states that KM was so worried she kept checking by putting her finger under their noses. Yet early on in the investigations they were adamant they weren't, so sure in fact they had their own drug tests performed and the results proved negative. Of course these were performed much later, and the twins had had their hair cut, but the question remains, that she was trying to prove they were not drugged. So how can she now claim the children were drugged? Bit of a conundrum isn't it? Talk about contradicting stories.

[quote telegraph]

The McCanns' two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, have also been tested to prove they were never given sedatives, after claims that Madeleine may have died of an accidental overdose.
Detectives were said to believe that the McCanns, who are both doctors, may have sedated their children to ensure they slept while they went to dinner with friends at a nearby restaurant.

The drug tests, which were conducted in September, form part of a dossier of evidence compiled by the McCanns' legal team to demolish the police case against them.

Edward Smethurst, the lawyer coordinating the McCanns' defence, said: "Hair grows by about a centimetre a month so if you have eight centimetres of hair, you can test for drugs going back eight months.

"With the appropriate, fully-accredited experts, hair samples were taken from Sean, Amelie and Kate and the conclusion was no evidence of sedatives or drugs were found.

"There were various stories circulating that Kate might somehow be unstable and might be depressed and whatever else, but the tests demonstrate that the kind of drugs she might be on did not show up."

Now these tests were done for the reason of demolishing the pj's theory that they sedated Madeleine and the twins, but it works both ways, because if an abductor had sedated them that would also show up.

So how can KM now say the children may have been drugged??

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WasNew 30.05.11 21:02

because if an abductor had sedated them that would also show up.

So how can KM now say the children may have been drugged??

Would a one-off dose of drugs show up though? Would it depend on the sophistication of the test?
If the children had been drugged during the day, who would have done it? One of those strangers who looked after the children all day in the creche, I suppose.

My gut feeling has always been that drug misuse was what they were trying to hide. It explains how they know that Madeleine didn't wander off, and would give an abductor an easier passage, assuming that there was one.
Anonymous
WasNew

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 31.05.11 7:54

candyfloss wrote:Whilst reading something, I came across this, ......

Interview with Mr Amaral

Dave said... 9

"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

And yet in her witness statement 6th September Kate says this:.................................

.When asked, she said that before they left she took some precautions, namely placed the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (packages in liquid for the children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting items that were used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry also took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

This has always intrigued me ... My mother was a nurse and whenever we went on holiday a whole, huge, tupperware cake box, of medical supplies was carted with us. Everything from indigestion tablets, anti diarrhoea tablets, paracetamol and piriton to sterile dressings, surgical tape, butterfly sutures and creams for every and any potential affliction.

She wasn't alone in this - just about everyone else I know who had a parent in the medical profession laughs at the same memories - medical supplies for every eventuality, taken so that in most circumstances there would be no need to start messing around with EC medical insurance and local doctors who would have to be paid up front. I even do this myself, as do my siblings and my best friend (who's Mother was a pharmacist).

So personally I find it bizarre that the McCanns would have so little with them in the way of medicines and supplies ... did they really travel this way or was their 'first aid' stash handed over by them to one of the other couples?

Did anyone check what medications the rest of the Tapas9 had in their possession ?

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 31.05.11 8:03

LittleMissMolly wrote:
Did anyone check what medications the rest of the Tapas9 had in their possession ?

Alcohol.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 31.05.11 8:19

Me again LOL ....

I've done a quick bit of googling and it would seem that whilst drug testing on hair is extremely good at detecting long term drug use, it is NOT so good for picking up single or very short term use.

I've also been trying to find some definitive stuff on chlorpheniramine (piriton) and hair analysis ... my own Mother used to regularly dose us with this when she wanted us to sleep as children (she was rather cavalier with medicines - one of the reasons why my own children were never allowed to stay with her unsupervised!) so, for me, it seems like an obvious and readily available form of sedation .... and certainly a medication that it seems rather odd to travel without, purely because of insect bites, hives etc which can make lives a misery for small children.

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 31.05.11 8:35

PeterMac wrote:
LittleMissMolly wrote:

Alcohol.

I don't think they had much of this 'medication' in their 'possession.' It was all consumed nightly in the tapas bar.

And it would appear that this 'medicine' was a significant part of their holiday cost as from other discussion threads it appears that the cost of their low season holiday package was £1500 but the total cost of the holiday was £5000.

My late mother also justified her Xmas guinness as 'medicinal.'
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

the medicines - Medicines Empty Cheers!

Post by Guest 31.05.11 9:26

Hi Pauline, I have heard of Guinness being recommended by doctors (in moderation of course) for heart patients so, if your mother was one, she was entitled to her Christmas tipple!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the medicines - Medicines Empty Medicines

Post by Gillyspot 18.06.11 14:59

candyfloss wrote:Interview with Mr Amaral

Dave said... 9

"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

The PJ found NO medication apart from "corn plasters" - how many families (particurlar doctors families) travel without any form of medication I know I used to take everything from savlon, calpol, mossie repellant, all sorts of plasters etc. Kate says she had a medicine bag and then suddenly it is all gone when the PJ search. Very suspicious and surely points to the fact that the Mccanns had something in there they didnt want anyone to find - calpol or more professional sedatives. Also why didnt Kate check more thoroughly on the twins as they seemed heavily asleep and with all the fuss going on they would surely have woken up. I think the GNR also should have picked up on this too at the time.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.06.11 15:16

I honeybunch have put your reply in here as the Research Library Thread is not for discussion, and there was already a thread on this here thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 18.06.11 15:42

Cheers Candyfloss. Still finding my feet around this forum.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum