The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Mm11

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Mm11

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Regist10

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Empty Re: The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein

Post by Doug D 12.01.22 17:17

Prince Andrew must face sex abuse accuser's lawsuit - U.S. judge

By Jonathan Stempel and Luc Cohen

NEW YORK, Jan 12 (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Andrew failed to persuade a U.S. judge to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager.
In a decision made public on Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan said Giuffre could pursue claims that Andrew battered her and intentionally caused her emotional distress while the late financier Jeffrey Epstein was trafficking her.
The Manhattan judge said it was premature to assess Andrew's efforts to "cast doubt" on those claims, though the 61-year-old prince could do so at a trial.
Kaplan said it was also too soon to decide whether Giuffre's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with Epstein "clearly and unambiguously" shielded Andrew from being sued by Giuffre.
The judge did not address the merits of Giuffre's claims.
Lawyers for Andrew and Giuffre did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth, has denied Giuffre's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that he forced her to have sex more than two decades ago at a London home of former Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell, and abused her at two Epstein properties.
In the 2009 settlement, Epstein paid Giuffre $500,000, without admitting liability, to end her Florida lawsuit accusing him of sexually abusing her when she was underage.

LATE-YEAR TRIAL POSSIBLE

Kaplan's decision keeps Giuffre's case against Andrew on track for a trial that Kaplan has said could begin between September and December 2022 if no settlement is reached.
While the claims have not been proven and the prince is not accused of criminal wrongdoing, his ties to Epstein have damaged his reputation and cost him many royal duties.
Andrew's troubles grew after critics said he failed in a 2019 BBC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to appear sympathetic toward Epstein's abuse victims.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment on Kaplan’s decision.
Epstein killed himself at age 66 in a Manhattan jail cell in August 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.
Maxwell, 60, was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Dec. 29 of recruiting and grooming girls for Epstein to abuse between 1994 and 2004.
She is seeking a new trial after one juror told media, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that during jury deliberations he had discussed being a victim of sexual abuse.

'MUDDLED' SETTLEMENT

In his 44-page decision, Kaplan said the "muddled" language in Giuffre's and Epstein's 2009 settlement agreement suggested that they may have reached "something of a middle ground" on shielding others from future lawsuits.
The settlement included language to "forever discharge" various people who "could have been included as a potential defendant" in Giuffre's lawsuit against Epstein.
"We do not know what, if anything, went through the parties' minds" when drafting the settlement, Kaplan wrote.
Giuffre and Andrew "have articulated at least two reasonable interpretations of the critical language," the judge continued. "The agreement therefore is ambiguous."
Settlement agreements can restrict plaintiffs like Giuffre from pursuing further litigation, even against third parties.
Kaplan also rejected Andrew's claim that letting Giuffre sue violated his due process rights under New York's constitution.
Giuffre sued Andrew last August, less than a week before the expiration of a state law giving accusers a two-year window to bring claims over alleged child abuse occurring long ago.
Kaplan called that window, which was extended by a year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, "a reasonable measure for remedying injustice to victims" of child sex abuse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Doug D

Activity : 5286

Back to top Go down

The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein - Page 20 Empty Re: The Strange World of Jeffrey Epstein

Post by PeterMac 15.02.22 17:08

Prince Andrew settles civil sexual assault claim with Virginia Roberts Giuffre

The out-of-court financial settlement brings to an end the legal process and means the Duke will not face a jury trial

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The terms of the deal will remain secret, but the Duke confirmed he will make a 'substantial donation' to Ms Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights
The deal brings an end to the legal process and means he will not face a jury trial in the civil case on sexual abuse claims.
The terms of the deal will remain secret, but in a joint statement the Duke expressed regret about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein and confirmed that he will make a "substantial donation" to Ms Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights.
Ms Giuffre alleged that she was sexually abused or raped by Prince Andrew on three separate occasions in 2001 when she was 17. She had sued him for unspecified damages.
In a joint statement, the two sides said: "Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out of court settlement."
It said they would file a request to dismiss the case when the undisclosed sum had been received.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Virginia Robert Giuffre had alleged that she was sexually abused or raped by Prince Andrew on three separate occasions in 2001 when she was 17 CREDIT: Mark Kauzlarich/Bloomberg
"Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks," it said.
"It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.
"He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims."
In a joint court filing, the parties told the New York judge overseeing the case that they anticipated that it would be brought to a close within 30 days and asked that all action be suspended in the meantime.
The Duke had been [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Lisa Bloom, an attorney representing eight victims of Jeffrey Epstein, said in a statement: "We hail Virginia’s victory today. She has accomplished what no one else could: getting Prince Andrew to stop his nonsense and side with sexual abuse victims. We salute Virginia’s stunning courage."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Cammerigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.02.22 20:23

So... prison?

I hope so.

I doubt it.

Rules for thee but not for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 11:11

Dan Wootton asks: Was Prince Andrew right to settle with Virginia Giuffre?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 11:29

Virginia Giuffre profile: The abused teenager was 'passed around like a fruit platter'

Who is Virginia Giuffre? From Florida teen who took a job at a spa to vocal sex trafficking victim

Ms Giuffre was 16 when she first met Ghislaine Maxwell, the former girlfriend of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein

By Josie Ensor, US Correspondent, in New York 15 February 2022 • 9:45pm

As a teenager growing up in Palm Beach, Florida, Virginia Roberts lived just a few miles from her abuser, Jeffrey Epstein. But her childhood was a world away from the financier's life of wealth and privilege.

It was these tough early years - which saw her molested by a close family friend from the age of seven - that she says made her “easy prey”.

"I was just so mentally scarred already at such a young age, and I ran away from that," she said on BBC’s Panorama in 2019. She spent some time living on the streets, in and out of foster care.

At the age of 14, Ms Giuffre repaired her relationship with her father, Sky, and returned to live with him.

Looking to turn her life around, she took up a summer job working with Sky as a spa attendant at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. It was there, aged 16, she first met Ghislaine Maxwell, the former girlfriend of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and old friend of Prince Andrew’s from Oxford University.

She was reading a book about massage therapy when Maxwell approached her, noted the book and inquired about her interest in massage.

She offered her a potential job working for Epstein as a traveling masseuse with the assurance that no experience was necessary.

When Ms Giuffre, now 38, arrived at Epstein's mansion in Palm Beach the first time, she says he was lying down naked and she was instructed by Maxwell on how to massage him in exchange for a few hundred dollar bills.

"They seemed like nice people so I trusted them, and I told them I'd had a really hard time in my life up until then - I'd been a runaway, I'd been sexually abused, physically abused… That was the worst thing I could have told them because now they knew how vulnerable I was," she told the BBC.

It was in the employ of Epstein that Ms Giuffre was groomed and abused, travelling between his homes in Florida, New York and his infamous private island in the Caribbean, over the course of two years.

Ms Giuffre claims she was held as virtual sex slave, trafficked around the world on Epstein’s private jets and “passed around like a platter of fruit" to the financier’s high-profile circle of friends, including the Duke of York, prominent lawyer Alan Dershowitz, and MC2 modeling agent Jean-Luc Brunel. All deny the allegations.

Her name appears over 30 times on the jet nicknamed The Lolita Express’s flight logs between 2000 and 2002, appearing to verify at least some of her claims.

Ms Giuffre in turn introduced a number of underage girls to Epstein and Maxwell as part of what she described as a “pyramid scheme” of sexual abuse. She later said she regretted doing so, but felt pressured by the couple.

In September 2002, at the age of 19, Ms Giuffre flew to Thailand to attend the International Training Massage School in Chiang Mai.

While at the massage school, she met Robert Giuffre, an Australian martial arts trainer, and the two married soon after. She and her new husband ran away to start a new life in Australia, and Ms Giuffre broke off contact with Epstein and Maxwell.

The couple now live a quiet life with their three children on a sun front home in Perth, largely shunning publicity.

In launching multiple lawsuits against Epstein, Maxwell, and others, Ms Giuffre became the most vocal of the sex trafficking ring’s victims.

Earlier this year, court documents from 2009 were unsealed which revealed Epstein paid Ms Giuffre $500,000 to resolve her legal claims against him.

Ms Guiffre brought a defamation case against Maxwell 2015 after the disgraced socialite called her a liar, which was settled in 2017. However she did not take part in the criminal case against Maxwell.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 11:33

Spa? Massage parlour?

Sleezy !!!

Fancy name for a knocking shop.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 11:42

Telegraph wrote:In September 2002, at the age of 19, Ms Giuffre flew to Thailand to attend the International Training Massage School in Chiang Mai.

While at the massage school, she met Robert Giuffre, an Australian martial arts trainer, and the two married soon after. She and her new husband ran away to start a new life in Australia, and Ms Giuffre broke off contact with Epstein and Maxwell.

So Ms Giuffre wasn't restrained by chains, she wasn't forced to hang around the Epstein house of ill repute, so why did she? Money? Lavish goodies?

I feel for Prince Andrew I feel even more for Her Majesty and the memory of her beloved husband, the Duke of Edinburgh.

You have to wonder why this scandal has surfaced so many years down the line.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 12:03

Wasn't she going to be speaking out about Bill Clinton too, or has Hillary put a stop to that?

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MAGA  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43580

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 12:04

Yes who was protecting the nonce?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 16.02.22 12:11

This scheming little minx knew exactly what she was doing and did it willingly for money.

Not only did she prostitute herself, she admits to also recruiting other under age girls.

I hope the other girls she recruited now sue her when they hear about the pay off she got.

Although they may be too ashamed to come forward.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6796

Cammerigal dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 12:18

Jill Havern wrote:Wasn't she going to be speaking out about Bill Clinton too, or has Hillary put a stop to that?

I wouldn't like to be at the rough end of Hillary .... anything but hillarious. She could stop a tropical storm with a teacup.

Jeffrey Epstein [circa. February 2022]

Watch out Mr Trump, they're after your guts for gaiters.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 12:20

BlueBag wrote:
How can you call him a nonce - the only evidence thus far is a photo of him with his arm around her waist - a photo she's conveniently lost when it was suggested it could be fake.

What if it was fake? What if she'd told him she was 18?

He says he can't remember her - if I'd been shown a photo of me with someone 20 odd years ago I doubt I'd remember them either. She's hardly memorable.

I really hate this trial by media, this witch hunt against Prince Andrew. I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty, but his reputation has been destroyed and the attack dogs will not be happy until he's killed himself - and he'd probably do that to save his own kids and grandkids from this awful scandal.

Even if she was 17 - heck I was pregnant when I was 17 and no one suggested the father was a nonce, even back in the 70s when it was still a bit taboo.

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MAGA  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.02.22 12:20

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 16.02.22 12:31

At least he can stop sweating now…
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 3005

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 16.02.22 12:34

Jill Havern wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
How can you call him a nonce - the only evidence thus far is a photo of him with his arm around her waist - a photo she's conveniently lost when it was suggested it could be fake.

What if it was fake? What if she'd told him she was 18?

He says he can't remember her - if I'd been shown a photo of me with someone 20 odd years ago I doubt I'd remember them either. She's hardly memorable.

I really hate this trial by media, this witch hunt against Prince Andrew. I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty, but his reputation has been destroyed and the attack dogs will not be happy until he's killed himself - and he'd probably do that to save his own kids and grandkids from this awful scandal.

Even if she was 17 - heck I was pregnant when I was 17 and no one suggested the father was a nonce, even back in the 70s when it was still a bit taboo.

Regardless of whether the Virginia girl had sex with Prince Andrew or not, she realised that, as the Epstein/Maxwell gravy train set off down the tracks, she had the precious picture. It's the picture alone that proves only that he met her, a seemingly happy, smiling young woman, who had been brought over to London and been introduced to a real live Prince. WhoopeeDoo !!

That's it, nothing else. except her version of events unlikely to be corroborated/confirmed/denied by anyone else to be lest of all Maxwell & definitely not Epstein.

It's the world we live in, not a world I particularly relish.
sequested
sequested

Activity : 1677

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 12:37

If it was that precious you'd think she wouldn't have lost it.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 16.02.22 12:38

Silentscope wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And this is what I hate - do some research before posting BS !!

sequested
sequested

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 12:39

Silentscope wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Again, how do you know it's a genuine photo?
It seems that nothing on social media can be trusted.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 16.02.22 12:41

Exactly Jill, as per the image in my post.
The Mirror caption states he’s “glistening with sweat”. He is, on his brow not a soaking shirt !!
sequested
sequested

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 12:46

It's like the photo of Epstein and Maxwell on the Queen's property - that is clearly photoshopped because there are various versions. 

Was the background photoshopped? If so, why? Or where they photoshopped in to the picture?
Who knows?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 16.02.22 12:51

Come on, it is very funny, photoshopped or not.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 13:25

Jill Havern wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
The fact he coughed up out of court means he's a nonce.

Next step is the Police should investigate him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 16.02.22 13:26

crusader wrote:Come on, it is very funny, photoshopped or not.

Hmm wonder if you'd feel the same if your life got trashed for similar reasons. If you don't kick against this shit, don't moan when it becomes the norm.
sequested
sequested

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 13:36

Oh come on... mates with Epstein and Maxwell.

Andrew and his ilk are not the same as you and me.

He follows after his official father... not a saint... no sir.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 13:41

Ghislaine Maxwell led Buckingham Palace tour - 'guest told she was Andrew's ex-girlfriend'

"They said: "The tour was for Clinton and Spacey – they were Prince Andrew’s guests."

Clinton and Spacey as well.

Sex... sex... sex...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 16.02.22 13:42

His life wasn't trashed by the above funny photoshopped photo.
He ruined his own life by hanging around with scum.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 13:46

crusader wrote:His life wasn't trashed by the above funny photoshopped photo.
He ruined his own life by hanging around with scum.
Correct.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 14:18

BlueBag wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
The fact he coughed up out of court means he's a nonce.

Next step is the Police should investigate him.
Rubbish!

Another thing about labelling someone - I'll expand on my previous post.

The father of my child wasn't labelled a nonce - if anything, it was me who was frowned upon and labelled for being an unmarried mother at 17 - you know the sort of labels 'tart, slapper' etc and my daughter was labelled a 'bastard' for having an unmarried mother and not having a father who stuck around.

The father just disappeared off into the sunset with no such label and carried on with his life unscathed. I'd known him since I was 13, he was my first ever boyfriend. I didn't even know I was pregnant til I was 6 months along.

That label stuck with my daughter, bullied at school because of it, and even her own kids are aware of that label for her mother. All my fault though.

Labels like that ruin lives, not just for the person like Prince Andrew but for his kids and grandkids. It's cruel.

And the worse thing is, just because he paid out of court does not mean he's guilty. Guilty of what? Putting his arm around someone's waist? What else is there? Not even a genuine photo as it transpires. If there was anything provably worse, why not a criminal court?

Until such time as he's proven to have done something wrong, then it's not fair to label him...especially for the nightmare it's causing the rest of his family.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.02.22 14:24

And the worse thing is, just because he paid out of court does not mean he's guilty.
What does it mean?

If he's innocent he would have stood up to the charge.

I get people love the Royal Family... but saints they are not. Andrew has bad mates. Very bad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.02.22 14:42

BlueBag wrote:
And the worse thing is, just because he paid out of court does not mean he's guilty.
What does it mean?

If he's innocent he would have stood up to the charge.

I get people love the Royal Family... but saints they are not. Andrew has bad mates. Very bad.
Maybe he just wanted it to stop for the sake of his daughters and grandchildren, and for the Queen who's about to celebrate 70 years on the throne and will die soon.  If he'd fought this case it would have overshadowed the Queen's celebration and remaining reign and Andrew is all we'd have heard about for years to come. He needs to permanently go away and now he can. 

Yes, Andrew had bad mates. That doesn't make him guilty (at the moment) of anything more than putting his arm around a girl's waist, the photo of which has disappeared.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top