The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A McCann-believer changes her mind

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.05.14 13:42

An account of an encounter with a sniffer dog by a confirmed McCann-believer, travelling to the U.S. with a confirmed McCann-sceptic.

Received this morning:

UNQUOTE


My wife and travelled [in recent months] to [an airport in the U.S.] with two friends.

At immigration, there was a sniffer dog going around.

I said to my friend: "These dogs are 'incredible'." 

She replied: 'Don't you start on the McCanns again!!"

So the sniffer dog came up to her bag and just stopped.

The handler said: "What fruit do you have in your hand luggage case?" (you can't bring in fruit) and she said "None".

The handler said something like: "With 100% certainty, Madam, you have fruit in your hand luggage".

She checked and replied: "Sorry, I forgot to take out an apple!!".

The dog handler then started talking about other sniffer dogs with regard to their ability to detect drugs, blood and cadaver scent.

Interesting how something in real life - that we can see close up and is not an illusion - can change people's perceptions.

UNQUOTE

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14675
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Bishop Brennan on 12.05.14 14:17

Reminds me of a quote I heard: "Everything you read in the papers is true, except for the story that you happen to have first hand knowledge about. "  big grin 
avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Miraflores on 12.05.14 14:40

They give you coca leaves to chew to ward off altitude sickness in Peru. Good job  there were no sniffer dogs around when we came back: husband had absentmindedly stuffed some leaves in a shirt pocket, which he then wore coming back through customs.
avatar
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by MRNOODLES on 12.05.14 15:42

Tony Bennett wrote:An account of an encounter with a sniffer dog by a confirmed McCann-believer, travelling to the U.S. with a confirmed McCann-sceptic.

Received this morning:

UNQUOTE


My wife and travelled [in recent months] to [an airport in the U.S.] with two friends.

At immigration, there was a sniffer dog going around.

I said to my friend: "These dogs are 'incredible'." 

She replied: 'Don't you start on the McCanns again!!"

So the sniffer dog came up to her bag and just stopped.

The handler said: "What fruit do you have in your hand luggage case?" (you can't bring in fruit) and she said "None".

The handler said something like: "With 100% certainty, Madam, you have fruit in your hand luggage".

She checked and replied: "Sorry, I forgot to take out an apple!!".

The dog handler then started talking about other sniffer dogs with regard to their ability to detect drugs, blood and cadaver scent.

Interesting how something in real life - that we can see close up and is not an illusion - can change people's perceptions.

UNQUOTE

Did she really forget or was testing the gospel according to GM?
avatar
MRNOODLES

Posts : 723
Reputation : 271
Join date : 2013-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by PeterMac on 12.05.14 15:59

If a drugs dog alerts to you, you are ARRESTED, and taken to a private - more or less - place and if you do not produce the goods you are strip searched, including intimate inspection of your various body orifices.
On the say so of a notoriously unreliable dog ? ? ?
How many substantiated complaints have been made over the past 10 years for false arrest and imprisonment in these circumstances ?
Hoe much has been paid in compensation ?
Surely even a half-decent lawyer could "prove" that the dogs were Notoriously unreliable - perhaps by quoting the case from Exhibit KH 1

If a Melanoma dog alerts to a point on your body, a doctor will take a scalpel and hack a lump out of you and send it for cytology.
If a body detecting dog alerts at a collapsed building, hundreds of workers will painstakingly dig, with their bare hands, removing rubble and bricks with infinite care in case you are still alive.

If a cadaver dog alerts at a point connected with you, you may find yourself in prison for life for Murder, without any other evidence of death being adduced ..

And all because they are notoriously unreliable.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 171
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by russiandoll on 12.05.14 16:09

Hello. My name is NU-NU. So notoriously unreliable, they named me twice.
 
 big grin 


____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Bishop Brennan on 12.05.14 16:10

And all for a few Scooby-snacks!  lol4 
avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by stargazer59 on 12.05.14 16:33

I was on my way to Florida and went indirect by Atlanta.

A narcotics dog alerted to me even though i had shown them my medication ( morphine etc) the dog would not leave me alone, they opened and tested my medication and searched me.

We were all baffled , but finally i clicked to the fact that i was wearing a Fentanyl patch and had forgotten to tell them! 

Those guys were scary! But the dog was spot on , just doing his job  smilie

stargazer59

Posts : 62
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by sofieellis on 13.05.14 13:24

I used to work in a bingo hall, which was used, when empty of customers, by the police for training drugs dogs. Those dogs were incredible. All the staff used to stand behind the counter and watch, as the officers hid drugs, then released one dog at a time into a huge hall, which was full of nooks and crannies and furniture etc. I never saw them miss any of the drugs. It was amazing to watch.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by sombrero on 13.05.14 13:49

I don't often write on this forum but most days I spend about 10/15 minutes reading.  Tony knows me and that is how he got to hear about this story.

I have a number of friends who I would not describe as pro Mccanns because they don't like them or take to them but because they believe their story.  I put it to them that the difference between us is not that you have one theory and I have another but that we have different sources of information from which to form our opinions.  You for example read and are taken in by our media whereas as I get my information from the official police files. I am talking about perhaps 30 well educated people.  Not all my friends have the same view and about 10 or so share our views and another bunch are 50/50 as is my wife.

My friend who had the apple in her bag now is 50/50 on this case.  To be fair if you hold a solid view for 6 years and have argued your corner for 6 years its a mighty step to say openly on honestly I am now 50/50.

sombrero

Posts : 37
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by frost on 13.05.14 13:53

Bishop Brennan wrote:And all for a few Scooby-snacks!   lol4 

I have a Springer they are wonderful dogs however mine is not a cadaver dog , he is not a drugs dog or a blood dog . I think my dogs training went a little awry . He has trained himself with no help from me the art of managing to get into the kitchen in stealth mode whenever my daughter is baking cupcakes , sneak one away without being seen until you catch him later on with the incriminating paper case .

Springers  are ruled by their bellies and combine that with their amazing sense of smell   makes them the ideal dog for police training as they will literally do anything for a treat . They are quick to learn and one of the loyalist breeds I have ever come across . My dog understands everything you say to him infact we talk to him as if he is human . 

Its only cupcakes btw he doesn't bother with the cookies  big grin

frost

Posts : 210
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by nglfi on 13.05.14 14:05

I post quite a lot about the McCanns on my facebook page, and it's very funny to see a few of my friends are now a lot more confident of saying they don't believe the couple, since the whole 'digging' thing has come out. Generally when I post a link or comment about them, there are about ten of my friends that I know of who completely agree with me, a few who don't want to admit that the truth can be quite disturbing but basically agree, and only one person who staunchly defends them. I had quite a long debate with him a while ago about it, and we decided to agree to disagree, but he's been very quiet on all my subsequent posts. 
But it is funny how people will jump on the bandwagon so to speak and say things like 'I always suspected them', or 'I always knew something wasn't right', even though they never mentioned this opinion before! Nevertheless I'm glad that I'm winning more of my facebook friends round!

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.05.14 14:44

nglfi wrote:But it is funny how people will jump on the bandwagon so to speak and say things like 'I always suspected them', or 'I always knew something wasn't right', even though they never mentioned this opinion before!
This is reminiscent of all those thousands and tens of thousands of folk in countries like France and The Netherlands who only joined the Resistance Movements in those countries during 1944 when it became crystal clear that Germany was going to lose the war.

It's all about being on the winning side, rather than the right side.  

During the previous five years, many of those courageous enough to know what was right and wrong and actually do something about it in the Resistance, paid with their lives

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14675
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by PeterMac on 13.05.14 14:59

sombrero wrote:
I have a number of friends who I would not describe as pro Mccanns because they don't like them or take to them but because they believe their story.  I put it to them that the difference between us is not that you have one theory and I have another but that we have different sources of information from which to form our opinions.  You for example read and are taken in by our media whereas as I get my information from the official police files.  . . To be fair if you hold a solid view for 6 years and have argued your corner for 6 years its a mighty step to say openly on honestly I am now 50/50.

What i find is the few remaining people who believe the McCanns do not realise that there are so many versions of the Truth.
They "believe' in some vague vacuous way, rather than being able to state what it is they actually believe.
We have the evidence of the dogs and the evidence of BOTH parents lying in their statements to the police.

Imagine DCI Redwood and Clarence Mitchell in a restaurant.
For you, Sir,
I'll have the front door to start with, and then the broken shutters.
Certainly, Sir
I think I shall have the Patio door, and the open window.
Excellent choice, Sir.  And for the entrées ?
Oh, I would like the open curtains, and a side portion of sedated twins

No, not for me thank you. I find open curtains rather difficult to digest.  I'll have the tightly closed and whooshing curtains, and some of those lovely Force 6 gusts you specialise in.


And for dessert ?
Oh, I shall go for the faceless man and the one minute and 20 seconds Window of opportunity

I think I would rather like to try the man with the JCB digging holes in the car park during the evening, though I might like to look at the others. Oh I see you have a full trolley with them all laid out.  Oh lovely.  Cleaners, Gypsies, a dead black man, lots of swarthy ones cunningly hidden there, and a lovely maroon top with a white circle,  That looks promising.  What a treat !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 171
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Guest on 13.05.14 15:02

spit coffee 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Guest on 13.05.14 15:03

spit coffee 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 13.05.14 15:15

laugh 

PeterMac, thank you soooo much for being here and bringing logic to this case. I wish I'd been a police officer working in your team. You must have been a brilliant boss if you made your officers laugh as much as we do and still get the job done.

I love your posts.

 youaretheman
avatar
AskTheDogsSandra

Posts : 132
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Guest on 13.05.14 15:18

Brilliant. One of the funniest things i have read in a long time.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by nglfi on 13.05.14 15:19

PeterMac wrote:

What i find is the few remaining people who believe the McCanns do not realise that there are so many versions of the Truth.
They "believe' in some vague vacuous way, rather than being able to state what it is they actually believe.

Yes, exactly this! The friend I have who disagrees with me has never been able to say even roughly what he thinks happened, and even seems to agree that the endless parade of suspects is nonsensical. Instead, I am accused of being heartless and having no sympathy for the poor parents who have lost a child. My friend also came out with the classic - 'my parents left me alone in my buggy for ten minutes once, so it could have happened to me', without apparently having read the fact that they left Madeleine alone for night after night, getting intoxicated. Really not the same as nipping to the corner shop for 5 mins, but some people just don't want to hear it!

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Garrincha on 13.05.14 15:20

Ditto all the above!

Garrincha

Posts : 136
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.05.14 15:32

PeterMac wrote:
What i find is the few remaining people who believe the McCanns do not realise that there are so many versions of the Truth.
They "believe' in some vague vacuous way, rather than being able to state what it is they actually believe.

In my personal experience, these people believe that the McCanns weren't involved, and the details be damned.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.05.14 15:50

nglfi wrote:
But it is funny how people will jump on the bandwagon so to speak and say things like 'I always suspected them', or 'I always knew something wasn't right', even though they never mentioned this opinion before!
-------------------------------------------------------------
AS i have said many. many, times before.

That would be LK and the all UK MSM (if Grange are doing a proper 'job')

"the McCanns didn't FOOL us, not for a millisecond, we're not that stupid"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5815
Reputation : 1657
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Cristobell on 13.05.14 16:09

nglfi wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

What i find is the few remaining people who believe the McCanns do not realise that there are so many versions of the Truth.
They "believe' in some vague vacuous way, rather than being able to state what it is they actually believe.

Yes, exactly this! The friend I have who disagrees with me has never been able to say even roughly what he thinks happened, and even seems to agree that the endless parade of suspects is nonsensical. Instead, I am accused of being heartless and having no sympathy for the poor parents who have lost a child. My friend also came out with the classic - 'my parents left me alone in my buggy for ten minutes once, so it could have happened to me', without apparently having read the fact that they left Madeleine alone for night after night, getting intoxicated. Really not the same as nipping to the corner shop for 5 mins, but some people just don't want to hear it!
The McCanns were very successful in making the subject of their involvement taboo - that is, only WICKED people would question them, the decent and the compassionate believe the parents implicitly.  Thus it became written in statute, or at least carved on the cave walls and in the rabid headlines of the tabloids. Even sweet little Lorraine Kelly said that all those who question the McCanns are trolls. 

I think we have had 7 years of McCann Law - anyone criticising the saintly pair faced being clapped in irons or forced to donate all their assets to the McCanns' support the family Fund.   

A lot more people are openly questioning the McCanns version of events, and given the comments that follow these stories in the mainstream papers, it seems few now believe them.   

As others have pointed out, it is unlikely there would be an uproar if SY pronounced the McCanns completely innocent, but any remaining faith in Scotland Yard would be lost - in fact it would be a PR disaster that could seriously affect the Tory's chances in the coming elections.  The campaign to convince the public the McCanns are innocent has worked for Team McCann nor has it worked for those behind the 'expert' reports released to tabloids like the Sun.  I have just read the report of Ex SY detective Ian Horrocks prepared for the Sun, and all its missing is 7 little men, and a pumpkin!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by Guest on 13.05.14 16:49

Cristobell wrote:
nglfi wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

What i find is the few remaining people who believe the McCanns do not realise that there are so many versions of the Truth.
They "believe' in some vague vacuous way, rather than being able to state what it is they actually believe.

Yes, exactly this! The friend I have who disagrees with me has never been able to say even roughly what he thinks happened, and even seems to agree that the endless parade of suspects is nonsensical. Instead, I am accused of being heartless and having no sympathy for the poor parents who have lost a child. My friend also came out with the classic - 'my parents left me alone in my buggy for ten minutes once, so it could have happened to me', without apparently having read the fact that they left Madeleine alone for night after night, getting intoxicated. Really not the same as nipping to the corner shop for 5 mins, but some people just don't want to hear it!
The McCanns were very successful in making the subject of their involvement taboo - that is, only WICKED people would question them, the decent and the compassionate believe the parents implicitly.  Thus it became written in statute, or at least carved on the cave walls and in the rabid headlines of the tabloids. Even sweet little Lorraine Kelly said that all those who question the McCanns are trolls. 

I think we have had 7 years of McCann Law - anyone criticising the saintly pair faced being clapped in irons or forced to donate all their assets to the McCanns' support the family Fund.   

A lot more people are openly questioning the McCanns version of events, and given the comments that follow these stories in the mainstream papers, it seems few now believe them.   

As others have pointed out, it is unlikely there would be an uproar if SY pronounced the McCanns completely innocent, but any remaining faith in Scotland Yard would be lost - in fact it would be a PR disaster that could seriously affect the Tory's chances in the coming elections.  The campaign to convince the public the McCanns are innocent has worked for Team McCann nor has it worked for those behind the 'expert' reports released to tabloids like the Sun.  I have just read the report of Ex SY detective Ian Horrocks prepared for the Sun, and all its missing is 7 little men, and a pumpkin!

The closest case to Madeleine's is that of JonBenet Ramsay.

The District Attorney has officially exonerated the Ramsays due to a sample of dna found on JonBenet's body. She also issued a public apology to the family.

Despite this, the Ramsay's family are still suspected of being involved in her death by many (check out the thousands of websites discussing it - most of the evidence points to her family).

As long as they live, John & Burke will never escape from the shadow of suspicion.

The McCanns are in the same position. Find them innocent, find a patsy, find unknown dna, it doesn't matter - they'll never shake off the suspicion that they are guilty.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A McCann-believer changes her mind

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.05.14 17:23

Poe
I wrote something along the same lines as you
----------------------------------
I'm embarrassed to be English.

This FAUX 'investigation' by Operation Grange HAS to be taken away from the MET, BHH and DCI Redwood. (who i think has 'gone native' and has Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to the McCanns).

The UK Met Police are rapidly becoming the 'laughing stock' of the world.

Should of given the investigation to Steve Cotterill, who 'nailed' the Philpotts.

They can't now, sadly he's 'retired'

Just get it away from BHH.(Redwood's BIG 'boss')

Even IF Redwood 'produced' 10 cast iron 'patsys' no one would now BELIEVE him!

But he's brought all the 'ridicule' on himself, and his 'elites', all by himself.

Even if the McCanns said to him now 'it's a fair cop, guv, we did it' he'd send them away, with a flea in their ear, and tell them 'don't be silly, it was ONLY abduction (by a paedo stranger?), cos that's what the remit i was given says'

It's embarrassing to the nth degree!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5815
Reputation : 1657
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum