The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Regist10

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 12:07

bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

Public perception of them these days isn't good.

That is simply your opinion Autumn.

Not just mine.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 9 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by vaguely1 01.03.10 12:43

Inyx wrote:
hedge wrote:Not as often as far as I am aware, parental involvement seems to come out a lot sooner, killing ones own child (apparently out of the blue, as opposed to it being as a result of long periods of neglect) is most commonly done when the individual is mentally unwell and this is not something that can be hidden for any great period of time. I don't think there's any documented case where parents have been so public with themselves and their childs apparent disappearance where they turn out to be guilty. Doesn't mean it's impossible but it's getting to near as damnit.

Can't argue with that.

I must say if they did 'it' they're taking a hell of a chance by suing Amaral, going back to Portugal, keeping Madeleine in the news and asking for a review or re-opening of the case.
How likely is that?

Yup, pretty darn cheeky.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 12:48

Some would argue that it is to keep the cash coming in for their personal gain.
jmbd

Activity : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 13:03

jmbd wrote:Some would argue that it is to keep the cash coming in for their personal gain.

I don't see how, there is simply no evidence or even anything to suggest that they have gained financially from her disappearance, in fact if anything their own personal income will have dropped massively as Kate no longer works.
hedge

Activity : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 13:05

2 mortgage payments - cue hiss and boos from the audience.
jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 13:11

jmbd wrote:2 mortgage payments - cue hiss and boos from the audience.

That's hardly financial gain. Two mortgage payments on the family home while they were in a foreign country for 5 months, no-one could afford to pay 5 months mortgage without an income, it's a bit reaching to call that financial benefit, considering the wording of the fund means essentially they could have spent it all on themselves, bit bizarre to get picky over .001% of it going to ensure Madeleines bedroom remains intact.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 13:15

Of course there are some people who would prefer the Mccanns to be unemployed now, living off the state with their children in care.
jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 13:18

jmbd wrote:Of course there are some people who would prefer the Mccanns to be unemployed now, living off the state with their children in care.

What purpose would that serve?
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 13:19

Protection for the twins.
jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 13:22

jmbd wrote:Of course there are some people who would prefer the Mccanns to be unemployed now, living off the state with their children in care.

I'm sure there are.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 13:23

Inyx wrote:

What purpose would that serve?

I'm not sure that 'some people' care about there being a purpose.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 13:23

hedge wrote:

That's hardly financial gain. Two mortgage payments on the family home while they were in a foreign country for 5 months, no-one could afford to pay 5 months mortgage without an income, it's a bit reaching to call that financial benefit, considering the wording of the fund means essentially they could have spent it all on themselves, bit bizarre to get picky over .001% of it going to ensure Madeleines bedroom remains intact.

I would have thought, under the circumstances, Gerry would have been given compassonate leave on full pay. Even though they were entitled to do so, I still think they were wrong to use the Fund to pay their mortgage.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 13:26

Autumn wrote:
hedge wrote:

I would have thought, under the circumstances, Gerry would have been given compassonate leave on full pay. Even though they were entitled to do so, I still think they were wrong to use the Fund to pay their mortgage.

I don't hold a strong opinion on it one way or another. It gave those with an agenda to parent-bash some ammunition but I can well understand that worrying about things at home would be the least of their worries, they were probably advised to do it by someone well meaning thinking it would be one less concern for them.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 13:54

Kate was worried about a delivery from Tesco wasn't she?
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 13:54

I thought it was perfectly clear - I donated to a Fund to help the McCann family find their daughter Madeleine. If that meant paying their Bills because they couldn't continue full time jobs then so be it.
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 13:55

Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

Not just mine.
How can any one of us claim to know the opinion of the general public en masse? - Has Jesus logged on?
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 13:57

Autumn wrote:Kate was worried about a delivery from Tesco wasn't she?

I worry about Tesco deliveries too.
jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 14:01

For starters, Kate was not in full time employment. As for Gerry, I would be very surprised if he was not entitled to full pay on compassionate grounds. There is some interesting info about the Fund accounts and how money has been allocated on the MCF forum. :)
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 01.03.10 14:07

bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:

Not just mine.
How can any one of us claim to know the opinion of the general public en masse? - Has Jesus logged on?

If he has, I reckon he should give a hand at moderating thumbsup
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 14:07

Autumn wrote:Kate was worried about a delivery from Tesco wasn't she?

Apparently a supermarker delivery was due once they returned from holiday, a family member cancelled it from what I read.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 14:10

bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:

Not just mine.

I don't know about everyone else here but most of my family and friends have lost interest in the case and the McCanns. On a few occasions, f&f have been round at my house when the McCs have been giving a press conference on tv and, all of them showed little interest in them except to comment that they always seem to be suing someone. I think their opinions of the McCanns are probably typical of most people who have lost interest in the case. Then again, I may be wrong.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd 01.03.10 14:21

Do you have press conference parties?
jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 14:24

Autumn wrote:For starters, Kate was not in full time employment. As for Gerry, I would be very surprised if he was not entitled to full pay on compassionate grounds. There is some interesting info about the Fund accounts and how money has been allocated on the MCF forum. :)

I think we have different opinions on what counts as 'interesting' though big grin

Besides the MCF forum is locked to keep out non believers.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 14:24

jmbd wrote:Do you have press conference parties?

Now theres a thought - mind you it would be a cheap evening's entertainment as no-one would turn up laugh
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 01.03.10 14:28

Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:

Not just mine.

I don't know about everyone else here but most of my family and friends have lost interest in the case and the McCanns. On a few occasions, f&f have been round at my house when the McCs have been giving a press conference on tv and, all of them showed little interest in them except to comment that they always seem to be suing someone. I think their opinions of the McCanns are probably typical of most people who have lost interest in the case. Then again, I may be wrong.

So why would you be giving them TB's book as a present? Just curious.
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top