The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Mm11

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Mm11

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Regist10

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Empty Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

Post by Guest 16.04.13 20:48

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-kate-mccann-1835894#ixzz2Qeoj7gcA
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Empty Re: Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

Post by Guest 16.04.13 20:52

[snipped from Mirror story]

Last year, as part of Operation Grange, a Metropolitan Police review into the case, police released a progression image of what a grown-up Maddie might look like.

So why do the Mirror have a huge photo, the iconic one, of Madeleine in the red dress from the book cover in their article??? How does that old photo help to find Madeleine now, who will be ten soon?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor Empty Re: Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

Post by Guest 16.04.13 20:58

Because it IS an icon, Candyfloss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 22:35

Front page on the Daily Star.......

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor BIALqg6CIAMN9Ls
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 16.04.13 22:47

candyfloss wrote:Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-kate-mccann-1835894#ixzz2Qeoj7gcA

The article states

“Maybe there is an element of pity – what kind of person could do something like this?

Pity? - well Physician, Healy Thyself

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.04.13 22:48

candyfloss wrote:Front page on the Daily Star.......

Madeleine McCann missing: Kate McCann says she could forgive daughter's abductor BIALqg6CIAMN9Ls
But I will never forgive the people who are trying to work out what happened.
Never,
Ever.
They are B****
They are F**** T******
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 23:02

This isn't a new quote from St Kate is it? I'm sure she has in her infinite goodness pardoned the "abductor" before, possibly in the book?

Yes, only people trying to find out what happened to her daughter will not be forgiven.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 16.04.13 23:08

Once all the money has finally dried up she will say 'forgive and forget'. When that happens, we will all be expected to 'forget'.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.04.13 0:21

Featured on the front page with a dead woman and a dead boy (and dare I say a dead Maddie), not good omen surely - it's like an obituary page. What an irony or should I say coincidence!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.04.13 5:55

Aled Jones interview 14th March 2010

[..]
The prayer that I used to say all the time was, 'To... to keep my family, thank God for my family and to keep Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie safe, healthy and happy'. I always said that. Which, when it happened, to be honest, was a little bit of a... a struggle because that was the one prayer that I said all the time. You know, I pray for lots of things now, really. Obviously I always pray for the family; obviously most of the prayers are centred on Madeleine, really. But I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know whats happened to Madeleine and the people around... related to the person who's taken Madeleine. I pray for the police and the investigators; people who are looking for her; and I pray for all the other children who are missing, or have been exploited in some way. Because in some ways... ehhh... it's funny to say lucky, but we have been lucky - we've had a lot of support from the general public, in particular people we don't know. I mean, we've had incredible support and there's many families out there whose children have gone missing and, you know, you don't hear about it.
Unquote

I rather like the implication that people they don't know give them a lot of support - as opposed to those who do know them? big grin
Not yet ambassador for missing children but working on it. Turned out to be a long slog, it was publicised as early as january 2008.
We also get the 'exploited' added to children as in the US National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children. Why is this US connection so important?
So what else are you praying for Kate? Lots of things you say, well there's the Ltd. Co. But 'lots of things' come before the family prayers by the looks of it. pray2

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra 17.04.13 5:57

PeterMac wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Front page on the Daily Star.......

But I will never forgive the people who are trying to work out what happened.
Never,
Ever.
They are B****
They are F**** T******

Exactly PeterMac.

But how utterly sickening that Kate McLiar and her fake abduction story has been given a bigger portion of the front page than Baroness Thatcher on the day of her funeral; or the little boy who was murdered as he waited to congratulate his dad for finishing the Boston marathon.
AskTheDogsSandra
AskTheDogsSandra

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.04.13 6:42

I am appalled that the papers (even Guardian which is supposed to be a serious papers) devote more space to regurgitate a stale mccanns' story over bombing in Boston.

It's so laughable that kate is trying to emulate Mother Teresa in the "forgiveness" department, especially when you consider what Gerry had said ie that Maddie was taken by a padeophile. How does that square with kate's respect for her daughter. She did not consider Maddie's feeling when she said that - was she expecting Maddie also to forgive her captor and/or violator?
Christ on a bike that attention seeking kate is bonker, and the journalists/editors who licked her arse are not fit for purpose. The world is outraged against the senseless bombing yet UK papers priority is bottom line. Trust kate to hijack the front page with her vomits when victims in Boston are waiting for answer which bastard/s planted the bomb.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.04.13 7:14

aiyoyo wrote:I am appalled that the papers (even Guardian which is supposed to be a serious papers) devote more space to regurgitate a stale mccanns' story over bombing in Boston.

It's so laughable that kate is trying to emulate Mother Teresa in the "forgiveness" department, especially when you consider what Gerry had said ie that Maddie was taken by a padeophile. How does that square with kate's respect for her daughter. She did not consider Maddie's feeling when she said that - was she expecting Maddie also to forgive her captor and/or violator?
Christ on a bike that attention seeking kate is bonker, and the journalists/editors who licked her arse are not fit for purpose. The world is outraged against the senseless bombing yet UK papers priority is bottom line. Trust kate to hijack the front page with her vomits when victims in Boston are waiting for answer which bastard/s planted the bomb.

Iris on MM said that's it is fairly easy to forgive someone who doesn't exist. Having a little more trouble being a good Christian with anyone else though.

In the Aled Jones interview she says she is praying for a curious collection of people - 'who have taken her and the people around the person(s) who 'have taken her.' Seems she knows them imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 17.04.13 7:20

tigger wrote:Aled Jones interview 14th March 2010

[..]
The prayer that I used to say all the time was, 'To... to keep my family, thank God for my family and to keep Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie safe, healthy and happy'. I always said that. Which, when it happened, to be honest, was a little bit of a... a struggle because that was the one prayer that I said all the time. You know, I pray for lots of things now, really. Obviously I always pray for the family; obviously most of the prayers are centred on Madeleine, really. But I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know whats happened to Madeleine and the people around... related to the person who's taken Madeleine. I pray for the police and the investigators; people who are looking for her; and I pray for all the other children who are missing, or have been exploited in some way. Because in some ways... ehhh... it's funny to say lucky, but we have been lucky - we've had a lot of support from the general public, in particular people we don't know. I mean, we've had incredible support and there's many families out there whose children have gone missing and, you know, you don't hear about it.
Unquote

I rather like the implication that people they don't know give them a lot of support - as opposed to those who do know them? big grin
Not yet ambassador for missing children but working on it. Turned out to be a long slog, it was publicised as early as january 2008.
We also get the 'exploited' added to children as in the US National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children. Why is this US connection so important?
So what else are you praying for Kate? Lots of things you say, well there's the Ltd. Co. But 'lots of things' come before the family prayers by the looks of it. pray2

Not one mention of a prayer for Madeleine to be returned. Surely that is the one and only prayer of the mother of a missing child. Get her home to me and we can deal with everything else from that point onwards.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.04.13 8:22

Sami wrote:

Not one mention of a prayer for Madeleine to be returned. Surely that is the one and only prayer of the mother of a missing child. Get her home to me and we can deal with everything else from that point onwards.
unquote

Thank you Sami - that's why this forum is so fantastic - always a new viewpoint, new revelations. roses roses Rem acu tetigisti as Jeeves would say (you have touched the matter with a needle), all else is window dressing.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.04.13 9:52

the red highlights are my own :

The prayer that I used to say all the time was, 'To... to keep
my family, thank God for my family and to keep Gerry, Madeleine, Sean
and Amelie
safe, healthy and happy'. I always said that. Which, when it
happened,
to be honest,
was a little bit of a... a struggle because that
was the one prayer that I said all the time. You know, I pray for lots of things now, really. Obviously I always pray for the family; obviously most of the prayers are centred on Madeleine, really. But
I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know
whats happened to Madeleine and the people around... related to the
person who's taken Madeleine.
I pray for the police and the
investigators; people who are looking for her; and I pray for all the
other children who are missing, or have been exploited in some way.
Because in some ways... ehhh... it's funny to say lucky, but we have
been lucky - we've had a lot of support from the general public, in particular people we don't know.
I mean, we've had incredible support and there's many families out
there whose children have gone missing and, you know, you don't hear
about it.

A few things of note .

1. Kate does not include herself in her prayers. I would describe this as a natural mothering instinct, to put family before yourself. She does not put herself at the end of the list, excludes herself.

2. She has Gerry heading the list, her priority. Nothing wrong with this, he is her huisband after all... but it is maybe a clue as to how easily she might have been talked into the checking routine , [she had to be persuaded into taking the family to PdL ]

3. She prioritises safety over health and happiness. See above comment re: the checking.

4. She talks about " when it happened ". Event not specified. She does not say when Madeleine was abducted/taken. When Madeleine disappeared " note her use of " to be honest ". Is this because she can't be honest and describe what in fact the " it " was?

5. There are 10 words spent on talk of prayers centring on Madeleine, double that number of words on others she prays for. This indicates to me not her priorities re; praying, but is indicative of a psychologocal need to move the focus away from Maddie, a subject she is evidently uncomfortable speaking about.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.04.13 10:33

But they still cannot forgive Dr Amaral who tried to find their daughter, nor TB who has tried to find out what happened.
They not only cannot and do not forgive, but are trying to ruin both of them financially, for their own personal gain in the first case.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

But of course that is all about people who have Sinned against you, and it could be argued does not address the problem of people who are telling the truth about you.
Can you in fact "forgive" someone who has committed no wrong ?
Perhaps that is where the problem lies.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.04.13 10:37

At risk of upsetting some believers . . .
Are there really people who believe that praying, or keeping "silent vigil" is more likely to produce a concrete result
than going outside and shouting the name of the lost child, and physically searching ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.04.13 11:30

I walked briskly up and down Rua dr Agostinho da Silva, sometimes
breaking into a jog, clinging to the hope that I’d spot something in the
dark…

I couldn’t have allowed myself to entertain sleep. I felt
Madeleine’s terror, and I had to keep vigil with her. I needed to be
doing something, but I didn’t know where to put myself. I wandered
restlessly in and out of the room and onto the balcony. At long last,
dawn broke…

As soon as it was light, Gerry and I returned to our search. We went
up and down roads we’d never seen before having barely left the Ocean
Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through
undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from
the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere.
I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself please
God don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing
about it all was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed
was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.

We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment…

Kate needed to be doing something. Regardless of how dark it was, if she was determined to search, she should and would ahve told her man to go out with her, not advise him to rest. A need to do something.. the logical thing to do was something which might have produced the desired result, that of finding their child. Of course there is the issue of fear of what you might find, which is why I then find the idea of Kate looking in big refuse bins incongruous. If you stayed in an apartment out of fear of finding a body rather than your child alive, you would then not venture out and look in bins imo.
If you really thought your child was feeling terrified, no way would you not be out until you dropped from exhaustion. Why the last line quoted is offensive. At least an hour.

How long did your tennis sessions and jogs in PdL last, Kate and Gerry ? Are we meant to believe that you devoted more time to sport than searching for your abducted child, one you clearly believed was terrified?

Oh, yes and you say more than once that you are a finisher. You might not have found your daughter, but you would have been on your knees with fatigue, having tried. Were it the case that she had been abducted, of course.

Every interpretation of " vigil" incorporates the idea of watchfulness. The term keeping vigil usually refers to sitting watching over a dying or dead person, or someone who is profoundly ill.
Pacing the floor until dawn is not keeping a watch over someone. Staying with a body is. There is a time when I believe Kate did keep vigil with her daughter, probably immediately after the "dream" sequence described elsewhere in the book. Kate held her dying or dead child, described imo in authentically harrowing language. She then stayed some time holding her daughter. This is when she kept vigil with Maddie.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.04.13 12:39

russiandoll wrote: There is a time when I believe Kate did keep vigil with her daughter, probably immediately after the "dream" sequence described elsewhere in the book. Kate held her dying or dead child, described imo in authentically harrowing language. She then stayed some time holding her daughter. This is when she kept vigil with Maddie.
And cried "Maddie, Maddie" ? ?
And was heard by Mrs Fenn ?
And got the sent of the little body on her trousers ?
And got the scent of the little body on Cuddle cat ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.04.13 15:31

PeterMac wrote:
russiandoll wrote: There is a time when I believe Kate did keep vigil with her daughter, probably immediately after the "dream" sequence described elsewhere in the book. Kate held her dying or dead child, described imo in authentically harrowing language. She then stayed some time holding her daughter. This is when she kept vigil with Maddie.
And cried "Maddie, Maddie" ? ?
And was heard by Mrs Fenn ?
And got the sent of the little body on her trousers ?
And got the scent of the little body on Cuddle cat ?

Yes Petermac, the above is my belief. There is no way that pacing around like an anxious mother animal is keeping vigil. I think pacing around in anxiety is a normal way to behave, but in the context described it does not make sense, at least not to me.
A vigil is sitting in silence. If Kate had been alone, silently praying that her daughter would be found safe by others out searching for her, that could rightly be described as a vigil of sorts, Maddie in her heart and mind while she prayed with all her might, probably doing a deal with God as would most in the cirumstances.. Please let her be safe and I will/will never do a,b,c....

Kate says she could not think of sleeping, she had to stay awake. She does not describe sitting silenty, thinking, praying.
She speaks of a back and forth between indoors and outdoors.
She is in this one section of the book, conflating two separate occasions imo. One when she did pace around during the early hours of 4th May, understandably anxious given the not -described circumstances, about the unfolding drama which was a lie.
The other occasion, earlier on in the holiday, the keeping vigil, was when she sat on the floor with her dead or dying child in her arms.
This is only my opinion based on what I have read.

To my mind, the McCanns are pragmatists. As doctors, they are trained to put the living before the dead. So too are the Paynes and the Messrs Oldfield and O'Brien. Kate speaks in the book of finding Maddie missing and going into a well-practised emergency mode, as though it is second nature.
In a triage at a disaster site, doctors will rapidly assess whether life is extinct or a person is dying and is beyond recovery. Those people are treated with dignity while doctors move quickly on to help those who are not beyond assistance.
Gerry described what happened as a disaster. It would be a disaster to find their child dying or dead.
When the little one was found, and it was established by those experienced doctors that she was beyond help, it was decided that it was the living who had to be prioritised. Maddie was gone, they could not afford to reveal what was behind her death as it would mean their family would totally disintegrate. Grandparents would disown them, their colleagues would distance themselves, their professional careers,which they had worked so hard to achieve, would be in tatters, and the twins might be removed from their care.
While they might not have deliberately left the children alone and intended harm, if it were proved that they had sedated the children or left them unsedated in circumstances which resulted in the death of one of them, that neglect might well have been a criminal issue in a country whose laws re: neglect they were ignorant of.
Self- preservation came first.
It has been about that and not Maddie for the past 6 years.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna 17.04.13 15:31

I don't post much but am an avid reader/lurker:) However I've noticed an interesting piece on ITV This Morning's Facebook page. I'm not very good at posting links and help is required please because it's a news review regarding Mrs McCann's 'forgiving the person who snatched her daughter'. The comments are extremely interesting and worth a 'look see'.
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Activity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 17.04.13 16:09

Châtelaine wrote:Because it IS an icon, Candyfloss.
Souldnt that be 'because it is a icon, candyfloss? winkwink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.04.13 16:11

tigger wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:I am appalled that the papers (even Guardian which is supposed to be a serious papers) devote more space to regurgitate a stale mccanns' story over bombing in Boston.

Iris on MM said that's it is fairly easy to forgive someone who doesn't exist. Having a little more trouble being a good Christian with anyone else though.

In the Aled Jones interview she says she is praying for a curious collection of people - 'who have taken her and the people around the person(s) who 'have taken her.' Seems she knows them imo.

As in praying for her partner in crime and co-conspirators to be safe from the arms of the law. Yes I can see that.
Her ego eclipses her senses in that interview - she is deluded if she thinks her strange behavior of forgiving perpetrator would reflect her in good light. It is anything but that, since it is patently obvious her prayers have f....all to do with Maddie. (excuse the language) but that stupid lying woman makes my blood boil.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 17.04.13 16:38

This nonsense about Kate forgiving who ever did this is another blatant example of her arrogant narcissism, or narcissistic arrogance, whatever you prefer.

Plus she could hook herself again on the frontpages, together with another big story. I really wonder why she has latched herself to the Boston drama.

Russiandoll, I have always believed that is was an accident, maybe under the influence of sedatives or not. I believe that after the crying incident they were warned that in Portugal it is punishable to leave your kids alone. I believe that the excuse for not just fessing up has always been: then the twins would not only have lost their sister, but will also loose their parents. I am convinced that that is the main reason for the "friends" to participate in the cover up. That and the fact they might all end up in jail, since they all left their kids alone, albeit without the lethal consequences.

It's not up to Kate to forgive. I wonder if she ever forgave herself for ignoring the heart wrenching "mommy, why didn't you come when we were crying?". But then I think she never felt any guilt about that, the woman is a true sociopath.

That, ladies and gentlemen of CR is my personal opinion. Thank God I am citizen of, and live in, a country where we have the freedom to have and to express personal opinions. You should try it one day, very liberating, redeeming almost.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum