The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Regist10

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 14:38

Some of my elderly relatives don't have a clue about computers and, therefore, have no access to the files - my auntie even mistook mine for a microwave! They are of a generation who much prefer books anyway.
Given that the media have ignored the PJ Files, many simply do not even know they exist. Im hoping that, once they start reading what the press have kept from them, they will be as hooked on this case as us. Lets face it, had it not been for the internet, we would have been drifting around, most likely ignorant about the files.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 10 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge 01.03.10 14:46

Most still are big grin
hedge

Activity : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 14:50

Funny how different people can be.
My mum's 75, M-i-l is even much older and both are quite good at using a computer.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.03.10 15:08

Autumn wrote:Some of my elderly relatives don't have a clue about computers and, therefore, have no access to the files - my auntie even mistook mine for a microwave! They are of a generation who much prefer books anyway.
Given that the media have ignored the PJ Files, many simply do not even know they exist. Im hoping that, once they start reading what the press have kept from them, they will be as hooked on this case as us. Lets face it, had it not been for the internet, we would have been drifting around, most likely ignorant about the files.

See I wouldn't wish being hooked on this case on my worst enemy, let alone people I care about.

But genuine question....once they become hooked on the case, what comes after that?

I still don't understand the end that all these leaflets are supposed to achieve.....yet I have a feeling that they are supposed to be achieving something. Nobody seems to be able to answer this so maybe there is no end goal....

help?

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 15:18

justagrannynow 1 wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:
bunnie1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

Public perception of them these days isn't good.

That is simply your opinion Autumn.

Not just mine.
How can any one of us claim to know the opinion of the general public en masse? - Has Jesus logged on?

If he has, I reckon he should give a hand at moderating thumbsup
big grin
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 01.03.10 15:30

At least he'd provide us with a decent lunch. I haven't been offered so much as a vol-au-vent since I've been here.

The lack of a buffet has not gone unnoticed.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 01.03.10 16:06

vaguely1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:Some of my elderly relatives don't have a clue about computers and, therefore, have no access to the files - my auntie even mistook mine for a microwave! They are of a generation who much prefer books anyway.

See I wouldn't wish being hooked on this case on my worst enemy, let alone people I care about.

But genuine question....once they become hooked on the case, what comes after that?

I still don't understand the end that all these leaflets are supposed to achieve.....yet I have a feeling that they are supposed to be achieving something. Nobody seems to be able to answer this so maybe there is no end goal....

help?

I have often wondered that myself as the mass leafletting apparently did no good and sending the book to MPs has produced no discernible results so far.
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 16:07

Nor the petitions, is it?
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 16:34

vaguely1 wrote:At least he'd provide us with a decent lunch. I haven't been offered so much as a vol-au-vent since I've been here.

The lack of a buffet has not gone unnoticed.
tsk tsk - Don't you remember? People brought their own snacks to Public Hangings - OK so this isn't one, but you get my drift. thumbsup
bunnie1

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 02.03.10 1:21

marigold wrote:
bunny wrote:The cameras were not there in those first few hours and moments though. You are comparing a parents reaction to finding their child gone (within seconds) to what you saw of the McCanns, what was it? the day after?
As for the jogging and exercise etc. Have you ever heard of a GP prescribing exercise or going to the Gym? let me tell you it happens. I'll leave you to find out the benefits of exercise on both the body AND mind. Im sure you know anyway.

NO normal parent would be any fit state to going to jogging however much a doctor might advise it.

AFter two Weeks? WHy? Does Having a Missing CHild Slice one's Achilles?
aliberte2

Activity : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 02.03.10 1:23

Kololi wrote:Bunnie1 wrote:

"Seek the truth, try reading the files."

My mum is a little old lady who doesn't have internet access to the files and nor would she want it. She is atypical of a great many people on the streets. She wouldn't stand out from the crowd and happily goes about minding her business keeping abreast of world events via watching the news, listening to the radio and reading the papers.

She thinks the McCann's are guilty as sin and are involved in someway in Madeleine's disappearance and possible death. I tended to do a Bunnie1 on her by reminding her that she might not be getting all the facts, afterall we all know that papers only print what sells papers.

I see it mentioned a lot that the files are there available for reading and the files, like the dogs, don't lie and should be viewed as the new St James version.

I honestly think that us folk here are in the minority and that most folk probably go about their business without giving a monkey's armpit about reading the offical files. There are probably millions of people just like my mum who do judge by the contents of the last news programme, todays paper, good old gut instinct and her own feel of what is right and wrong.

My mum hasn't and will never read the files - does that make my mum any less entitled to an opinion than you Bunnie1? The files have not proved conclusively what happened to Madeleine that night so maybe, for now, my mum's gut instinct is as close to the bulleye as they are. Even with their offical files it appears that the State of Texas might have got it wrong doesn't it.

Take care

Your Mum is Entitled to Her Wrong and Uniformed Opinion. What IS that Horribly Crass Saying? Opinions are LIke Assholes, Everyone has ONe?
aliberte2

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 02.03.10 7:41

aliberte2 wrote:

My mum is a little old lady who doesn't have internet access to the files and nor would she want it. She is atypical of a great many people on the streets. She wouldn't stand out from the crowd and happily goes about minding her business keeping abreast of world events via watching the news, listening to the radio and reading the papers.

She thinks the McCann's are guilty as sin and are involved in someway in Madeleine's disappearance and possible death. I tended to do a Bunnie1 on her by reminding her that she might not be getting all the facts, afterall we all know that papers only print what sells papers.

I see it mentioned a lot that the files are there available for reading and the files, like the dogs, don't lie and should be viewed as the new St James version.

I honestly think that us folk here are in the minority and that most folk probably go about their business without giving a monkey's armpit about reading the offical files. There are probably millions of people just like my mum who do judge by the contents of the last news programme, todays paper, good old gut instinct and her own feel of what is right and wrong.

My mum hasn't and will never read the files - does that make my mum any less entitled to an opinion than you Bunnie1? The files have not proved conclusively what happened to Madeleine that night so maybe, for now, my mum's gut instinct is as close to the bulleye as they are. Even with their offical files it appears that the State of Texas might have got it wrong doesn't it.

Take care

Your Mum is Entitled to Her Wrong and Uniformed Opinion. What IS that Horribly Crass Saying? Opinions are LIke Assholes, Everyone has ONe?

And given that we are all expressing an opinion, none of us can say whose opinion is wrong and uninformed. Only the person/s responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine can do that.
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 02.03.10 14:59

Apologies. Trying to Inject a Bit of Levity; didn't Work.
aliberte2

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 02.03.10 15:18

aliberte2 wrote:
marigold wrote:
bunny wrote:The cameras were not there in those first few hours and moments though. You are comparing a parents reaction to finding their child gone (within seconds) to what you saw of the McCanns, what was it? the day after?
As for the jogging and exercise etc. Have you ever heard of a GP prescribing exercise or going to the Gym? let me tell you it happens. I'll leave you to find out the benefits of exercise on both the body AND mind. Im sure you know anyway.

NO normal parent would be any fit state to going to jogging however much a doctor might advise it.

AFter two Weeks? WHy? Does Having a Missing CHild Slice one's Achilles?

The way I figure it, if you're going through that kind of hell you should be allowed and forgiven for doing whatever the hell you like.

What do you consider to be appropriate activities that you would allow for other people going through their own private hell?

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 02.03.10 15:36

Is it a forum myth or did Gerry actually play tennis a few days after Madeleine's disappearance?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 02.03.10 15:57

No idea - there were a lot of things that the McCanns were supposed to have done but didn't. I do recall reading psychological advice for parents in their position - something about keeping themselves afloat by doing normal things like exercising and jogging etc.
bunnie1

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 02.03.10 16:00

I have no Idea Autumn - does it mean anything if he did? Would it mean more or less if he'd have locked himself in a room and rocked backwards and forwards for 24 hours a day?

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 02.03.10 16:03

Ah that would have been wrong too! Overacting and over dramatic doncha know lol
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 02.03.10 16:19

aliberte2 wrote:

Take care

Gosh Aliberte - did you get out of bed the wrong side or what????

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top