The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Mm11

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Regist10

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge 28.02.10 18:06

Laughing... laughing????? Oh my god, clearly they must be inhuman, call the cops man.
hedge

Activity : 320

Back to top Go down

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann - Page 8 Empty Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by vaguely1 28.02.10 18:13

It's an interesting one. They were in a studio full of people, so their laughter wasn't being hidden from anyone was it really.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 28.02.10 18:16

I don't think anyone thinks for a second that they will never laugh again, of course they will in all sorts of situations and so they should otherwise how could they go on and what good would that do their children.

I'd be shocked if anyone was surprised but then only a few days ago we were discussing what happened to poor Kerry Needham. Shocked
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 28.02.10 18:18

bellatrix wrote:lol kOLOLI,can you imagine getting one as a birthday or Christmas present? I would think I had done something wrong if I got one big grin

Oh Bella I am sure that it would be wonderful present for some people who would appreciate it greatly.

I would be a bit choked if I got given either book as I know I could come on the internet and read what they contain. Would rather receive something more practical and very useful such as a box of wine to quench my thirst personally but hey that's just me.
big grin

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 28.02.10 18:22

Hi
Laughter can sometimes be a bit of a nervous release too can't it although I am not surprised that it would strike some folks as being inappropriate because of the timing of it.

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 28.02.10 18:26

My mum does not have a clue about how to use the internet. However, she is greatly interested in what happened to Madeleine and will, I am sure, be delighted to receive a copy of Tony's book. She had no idea, until recently, that the files were available to the public. Isn't it about time that people who cannot access the files via the internet get an opportunity to read them in book form? Why would anyone be against that?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 28.02.10 18:28

Kololi wrote:Hi
Laughter can sometimes be a bit of a nervous release too can't it although I am not surprised that it would strike some folks as being inappropriate because of the timing of it.

Take care

Yeah, I agree, I think if they had been terribly sombre and downcast etc and then they perked up in a nanosecond to laughing then that might be odd or jarring but if I recall the interview correctly it was edited to cut back and forth, so empty chairs, them in the chairs, some responses, cut to the end of the interview and then laughing at whatever the interviewer had said etc
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 28.02.10 18:39

Not saying anyone SHOULD be against it but most people I come in contact with aren't remotely interested in this anymore let alone want to receive a book on it.
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 28.02.10 18:41

No, I don't even think all the recent publicity re Amaral, or the fund raising bash have raised an the general public interest at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 28.02.10 18:46

It's old news and to be honest people just feel sad when they think about it, no-one wants to feel sad or to spend any more time than they need to thinking about what a small child might have gone through, it's just human nature, that's why most parents have such a tough job keeping the public interested and there is all this advice about using future anniversaries, birthdays, milestones etc releasing new images, christmas appeals etc.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 28.02.10 19:25

I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

Public perception of them these days isn't good.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 28.02.10 19:27

I think the recent PCC knuckle rapping has reminded people just how shabbily treated they were, as if having a child abducted from her bed wasn't bad enough, to be victims of a smear campaign, libelous book and home grown stalker is just shocking.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 28.02.10 19:35

Autumn wrote:I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

It's probably better now than when the paper buying public were lead to believe they had stuffed Madeleine inside a labrador. But it's never been great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 28.02.10 21:39

lol Vaguely nobody suggested that did they?? Are you sat there with a wicked twinkle in your eye???

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 28.02.10 21:52

Kololi wrote:lol Vaguely nobody suggested that did they?? Are you sat there with a wicked twinkle in your eye???

Take care

I wish I was.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/09/21/body-burned-in-dead-dog-115875-19824025/

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 01.03.10 0:37

hedge wrote:I think the recent PCC knuckle rapping has reminded people just how shabbily treated they were, as if having a child abducted from her bed wasn't bad enough, to be victims of a smear campaign, libelous book and home grown stalker is just shocking.

Hedge, you can say she was abducted from her bed as often as you like but, in the absence of any evidence, it is starting to have a hollow ring about it.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 01.03.10 6:51

vaguely1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:I think that the general public are tiring of the McCanns - I know that every now and again when the McCs pop up on tv, my family and friends say 'Oh not them again, who are they suing now - they only care about getting more money?'.

It's probably better now than when the paper buying public were lead to believe they had stuffed Madeleine inside a labrador. But it's never been great.

I remember that too. Stuffed inside a labrador and taken to the local incinerator if I remember correctly.

Should we put that on the myth list ?
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 8:26

justagrannynow 1 wrote:
vaguely1 wrote:

I remember that too. Stuffed inside a labrador and taken to the local incinerator if I remember correctly.

Should we put that on the myth list ?

Yes please. How long will that list grow though, there's been so many I'd forgotten all about.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 10:48

Autumn wrote:
hedge wrote:I think the recent PCC knuckle rapping has reminded people just how shabbily treated they were, as if having a child abducted from her bed wasn't bad enough, to be victims of a smear campaign, libelous book and home grown stalker is just shocking.

Hedge, you can say she was abducted from her bed as often as you like but, in the absence of any evidence, it is starting to have a hollow ring about it.

I was speaking about public perception, the belief among the general public is that Madeleine was abducted from her bed and although her parents got some fantastic help frm the media it was not done altruistically and once the story turned stale it was made more exciting with the use of lies, rumours and innuendo.

I don't think many people expect abductors to leave calling cards do they, I mean the intention is to take the child and to not be caught, sadly history is full of children who were abducted seemingly without a trace (or usable trace), often hard evidence is only found when the child's body is.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 11:00

hedge wrote:[snipped]sadly history is full of children who were abducted seemingly without a trace (or usable trace), often hard evidence is only found when the child's body is.

True, but that goes for parental (or friends/relatives etc) involvement as well.
Cath

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 11:36

Inyx wrote:
hedge wrote:[snipped]sadly history is full of children who were abducted seemingly without a trace (or usable trace), often hard evidence is only found when the child's body is.

True, but that goes for parental (or friends/relatives etc) involvement as well.

Not as often as far as I am aware, parental involvement seems to come out a lot sooner, killing ones own child (apparently out of the blue, as opposed to it being as a result of long periods of neglect) is most commonly done when the individual is mentally unwell and this is not something that can be hidden for any great period of time. I don't think there's any documented case where parents have been so public with themselves and their childs apparent disappearance where they turn out to be guilty. Doesn't mean it's impossible but it's getting to near as damnit.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 11:43

KOLOLI QUOTE - Bunnie1, if that was what your comment related to then I need to admit I missunderstood. Seek the truth - read the files made me think that you may have felt that only those who had read the files knew the truth and therefore only those folks had a right to an opinion

Everyone has a right to express their opinion Kol. I do often LOL - If someone then shows me something that renders my opinion wrong I am happy to change it. - I consider it educating myself.

As for Family - My sisters and friends who have followed the case in the Papers and on TV - are of the opinion that the parents are not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and the investigation seemed very dodgy - like me they simply want her found.
Although they have checked with me about some of the outrageous stuff thats been printed but thankfully, that doesn't happen quite so much apart from on the Internet in which they have no interest in whatsoever.
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 01.03.10 11:44

That is simply your opinion Autumn.
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 01.03.10 11:58

hedge wrote:Not as often as far as I am aware, parental involvement seems to come out a lot sooner, killing ones own child (apparently out of the blue, as opposed to it being as a result of long periods of neglect) is most commonly done when the individual is mentally unwell and this is not something that can be hidden for any great period of time. I don't think there's any documented case where parents have been so public with themselves and their childs apparent disappearance where they turn out to be guilty. Doesn't mean it's impossible but it's getting to near as damnit.

Can't argue with that.

I must say if they did 'it' they're taking a hell of a chance by suing Amaral, going back to Portugal, keeping Madeleine in the news and asking for a review or re-opening of the case.
How likely is that?
Cath

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 01.03.10 12:03

Inyx wrote:
hedge wrote:Not as often as far as I am aware, parental involvement seems to come out a lot sooner, killing ones own child (apparently out of the blue, as opposed to it being as a result of long periods of neglect) is most commonly done when the individual is mentally unwell and this is not something that can be hidden for any great period of time. I don't think there's any documented case where parents have been so public with themselves and their childs apparent disappearance where they turn out to be guilty. Doesn't mean it's impossible but it's getting to near as damnit.

Can't argue with that.

I must say if they did 'it' they're taking a hell of a chance by suing Amaral, going back to Portugal, keeping Madeleine in the news and asking for a review or re-opening of the case.
How likely is that?

It would be extraoradinarily unusual, a completely unique situation as far as I know.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum