The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by Ruby on 25.02.10 17:16

@bunny wrote:Did you ever hear the story of Ben Needhams Mum on the bus?

She was talking to a friend and made the mistake of smiling....some woman on the bust took her to task. I was horrified when I heard this. How dare this woman judge her for a smile!

No.

Link?

Ruby

Posts : 688
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 17:16

@marigold wrote:
@bunny wrote:Marigold, could you? I dont suppose you could answer that though as you have never been in her situation and you dont know what medication she was given do you?

You are all starting to annoy me hugely now. Let me tell you my children are my life. I have 5 and I adore them. My youngest is 16 and I am distraught at the though of her going to uni next year. I have protected them at every stage. If any of my children had died or disappeared' I know how I would react. Even when my daughter is late back from school I feel sick inside with worry. I would have to be sedated completely, I would be destroyed, a zombie and know I wouldn't want to live. The thought is just too unbearable.
I also have experience of friends whose children have been killed and they have been sedated and yet all failed to react like the Mccanns did. My friend whose son was killed in a car crash didn't talk for months, just went through the motions of being alive without living. She hardly ate, didn't sleep and was constantly vomiting. Don't even begin to say the Mccanns behaved like normal grieving parents. Their reactions were sickening to observe.

I'm sorry but you can't possibly compare the behaviour of parents of a missing child to parents of a dead child, it's a completely different situation and has a distinct grieving process (different and unique for all but following an evident pattern), you'd be better comparing parents of missing children to parents of seriously ill children, would a parent of a seriously ill child give up, stop eating, go into themselves, grieve? Or would they fight every day for their child would they get strength from god knows where every day to get through it, to be a rock for other remaining children and family members to ensure that their child got the best that they could every day. In the case of a sich child a loving parent knows where they have to be every day with a smile of encouragment on their face (which no doubt you would somehow twist into them being uncaring or something) the parents of a missing child don't have a geographical location to aim their strength but they have similar pressures on them and drives.

Think about what you type please.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 17:19

@bunny wrote:Did you ever hear the story of Ben Needhams Mum on the bus?

She was talking to a friend and made the mistake of smiling....some woman on the bust took her to task. I was horrified when I heard this. How dare this woman judge her for a smile!

Ben Needhams mum was treated horribly by the press, not nearly in the same league as the McCanns, things were different then, less gossipy and salacious and higher standards of factual reporting but enough that no doubt there are still some people convinced from what they read in the redtops that she deserves abuse.

Human being are complex and wonderful but sometimes capable of the most shocking and breathtaking callousness.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by vaguely1 on 25.02.10 17:19

@Ruby wrote:
@bunny wrote:Did you ever hear the story of Ben Needhams Mum on the bus?

She was talking to a friend and made the mistake of smiling....some woman on the bust took her to task. I was horrified when I heard this. How dare this woman judge her for a smile!

No.

Link?


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1781423.ece

Does she have any advice for the McCanns? “Stay strong.”

A few years ago, when she was sitting on a bus laughing with a friend, a woman tapped Kerry on the shoulder. “You shouldn’t be laughing,” the woman hissed. “You should be at home grieving.”

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by vaguely1 on 25.02.10 17:23

@hedge wrote:
@marigold wrote:
@bunny wrote:Marigold, could you? I dont suppose you could answer that though as you have never been in her situation and you dont know what medication she was given do you?

You are all starting to annoy me hugely now. Let me tell you my children are my life. I have 5 and I adore them. My youngest is 16 and I am distraught at the though of her going to uni next year. I have protected them at every stage. If any of my children had died or disappeared' I know how I would react. Even when my daughter is late back from school I feel sick inside with worry. I would have to be sedated completely, I would be destroyed, a zombie and know I wouldn't want to live. The thought is just too unbearable.
I also have experience of friends whose children have been killed and they have been sedated and yet all failed to react like the Mccanns did. My friend whose son was killed in a car crash didn't talk for months, just went through the motions of being alive without living. She hardly ate, didn't sleep and was constantly vomiting. Don't even begin to say the Mccanns behaved like normal grieving parents. Their reactions were sickening to observe.

I'm sorry but you can't possibly compare the behaviour of parents of a missing child to parents of a dead child, it's a completely different situation and has a distinct grieving process (different and unique for all but following an evident pattern), you'd be better comparing parents of missing children to parents of seriously ill children, would a parent of a seriously ill child give up, stop eating, go into themselves, grieve? Or would they fight every day for their child would they get strength from god knows where every day to get through it, to be a rock for other remaining children and family members to ensure that their child got the best that they could every day. In the case of a sich child a loving parent knows where they have to be every day with a smile of encouragment on their face (which no doubt you would somehow twist into them being uncaring or something) the parents of a missing child don't have a geographical location to aim their strength but they have similar pressures on them and drives.

Think about what you type please.


I'm sure you are keeping your distress hidden from her.


mourning a dead child is completely and utterly different to the adrenaline rush and drive of trying to find a live one.

____________________
Does my IP look big in this?

vaguely1

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by jmbd on 25.02.10 17:37

"Even when my daughter is late back from school I feel sick inside with worry. I would have to be sedated completely, I would be destroyed, a zombie and know I wouldn't want to live. "

You mean you wouldn't be able to go to search?

jmbd

Posts : 557
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 18:45

[quote="jmbd"]"Even when my daughter is late back from school I feel sick inside with worry. I would have to be sedated completely, I would be destroyed, a zombie and know I wouldn't want to live. "

You mean you wouldn't be able to go to search?[/quote/

I was referring to reactions to a dead child. If my child was missing then of course I would search! Everywhere, for however long it took. If my child is late back from school and I can't reach her by phone, I check with her friends and get in the car and find her. We all know how it must feel to turn around and find your child missing, parents have said that until they find their child they are in a state of utter panic, is this how the Mccanns looked and behaved?
However much you may distort the Mccanns behaviour to suit the 'grieving parent' agenda it doesn't work. They were seen to be laughing, jogging, behaving as if nothing had happened, within days. Not to mention going to the hairdressers and having your highlights done.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by bunny on 25.02.10 18:51

The cameras were not there in those first few hours and moments though. You are comparing a parents reaction to finding their child gone (within seconds) to what you saw of the McCanns, what was it? the day after?
As for the jogging and exercise etc. Have you ever heard of a GP prescribing exercise or going to the Gym? let me tell you it happens. I'll leave you to find out the benefits of exercise on both the body AND mind. Im sure you know anyway.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 18:53

[quote="hedge"]That's not what you said and you know it, you said "she slept well after a few days, socialised with her friends and laughed her head off for much of the time." now you are changing it to she slept well, well she probably did sleep better after the first few days because as I understand it they were completely dazed for the first few days, presumeably living in constant fear that their childs body might be found by a searcher, however, after a couple of days they clearly had more control of both themselves and the situation, they will have been reassured that the fact that she hadn't been found dead in a wheely bin yet could be seen positively and they could keep busy doing things to ensure the search went wider, also by then family and friends were arriving to provide invaluable support and strength.

I'm at a loss to understand why you think being proactive and no longer hysterical is a bad thing either for them or for their children? But I'm sure you'll explain.[/quote/

DO NOT presume to tell me what I said. I repeat here that she slept well, socialised with her friends,( they were being picked up at the airport by Gerry and probably the flights were paid for by the good old 'fund') and laughed her head off for much of the time. All true. Shame you don't like the truth.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 18:55

@bunny wrote:The cameras were not there in those first few hours and moments though. You are comparing a parents reaction to finding their child gone (within seconds) to what you saw of the McCanns, what was it? the day after?
As for the jogging and exercise etc. Have you ever heard of a GP prescribing exercise or going to the Gym? let me tell you it happens. I'll leave you to find out the benefits of exercise on both the body AND mind. Im sure you know anyway.

NO normal parent would be any fit state to going to jogging however much a doctor might advise it.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 18:58

[quote="marigold"]
@jmbd wrote:"Even when my daughter is late back from school I feel sick inside with worry. I would have to be sedated completely, I would be destroyed, a zombie and know I wouldn't want to live. "

You mean you wouldn't be able to go to search?[/quote/

I was referring to reactions to a dead child. If my child was missing then of course I would search! Everywhere, for however long it took. If my child is late back from school and I can't reach her by phone, I check with her friends and get in the car and find her. We all know how it must feel to turn around and find your child missing, parents have said that until they find their child they are in a state of utter panic, is this how the Mccanns looked and behaved?
However much you may distort the Mccanns behaviour to suit the 'grieving parent' agenda it doesn't work. They were seen to be laughing, jogging, behaving as if nothing had happened, within days. Not to mention going to the hairdressers and having your highlights done.

I don't think anyone is trying to distort their behaviour to suit anything, you started off comparing them and their documented improved sleep after the first few horrific days to someone you know whose child had sadly died, which I think confused, well me certainly, but judging by the responses to your post, a few others too.

So you would search for your child in your car if she is late, would you be still searching in your car the next day do you think and what about the day after that and 3 weeks later, still in the car, you have checked all of her friends, now what and where and what about other children, are they with you or elsewhere and what about publicity or would you just be looking alone, what about police questioning, what if they pooh-poohed your anxieties and said a. she was just late being a kid and then later b. she has run away with a secret boyfriend but you know your own daughter and you know, you just know she wouldn't run away. How do you get yourself taken seriously? What if you demand dogs to search the house and walk to school etc and 4 months later a cadaver dog barks in your sitting room.

Do you see, a million variables. A million options and choices and it could be twisted by someone on an internet forum a dozen ways if they have a mind to.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 18:59

[quote="marigold"]
DO NOT presume to tell me what I said.

I copied and pasted your own post there's no need to get agressive with me if you don't like your own words being repeated back at you.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 19:01

@hedge wrote:
@jmbd wrote:If a blanket is missing - what is the significance?

That's the point, there isn't one missing. Certain people like to believe there is one missing because then they get to argue that somehow Kate and Gerry are cold enough to kill and hide their childs body but loving enough to bury her/throw her away with her comfort blanket (if that even makes sense) smart enough to pull off the crime of the year with no motive, means, opportunity or apparent benefit of any sort while being stupid enough to leave clues to their guilt peppered in their speech but only clues that certain people pick up on. Or something.

From what I have seen of them, they are easily cold enough. Anyone who can callously leave a child again after the child had been heard crying for hours is cold as ice.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by bunny on 25.02.10 19:01

Marigold, do you know a parent of a missing child?

Dont forget that Karen Mathews was hailed as the typical parent of a missing child.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 19:02

@marigold wrote:
@hedge wrote:
@jmbd wrote:If a blanket is missing - what is the significance?

That's the point, there isn't one missing. Certain people like to believe there is one missing because then they get to argue that somehow Kate and Gerry are cold enough to kill and hide their childs body but loving enough to bury her/throw her away with her comfort blanket (if that even makes sense) smart enough to pull off the crime of the year with no motive, means, opportunity or apparent benefit of any sort while being stupid enough to leave clues to their guilt peppered in their speech but only clues that certain people pick up on. Or something.

From what I have seen of them, they are easily cold enough. Anyone who can callously leave a child again after the child had been heard crying for hours is cold as ice.

But loving enough to want to dispose of her body with her comfort blanket?
Is that your argument?

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 19:03

[quote="hedge"]
@marigold wrote:
DO NOT presume to tell me what I said.

I copied and pasted your own post there's no need to get agressive with me if you don't like your own words being repeated back at you.

It's your attitude that's offensive and the presumption is your interpretation of my post. I stick by what I wrote.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 19:05

@hedge wrote:
@marigold wrote:
@hedge wrote:
@jmbd wrote:If a blanket is missing - what is the significance?

That's the point, there isn't one missing. Certain people like to believe there is one missing because then they get to argue that somehow Kate and Gerry are cold enough to kill and hide their childs body but loving enough to bury her/throw her away with her comfort blanket (if that even makes sense) smart enough to pull off the crime of the year with no motive, means, opportunity or apparent benefit of any sort while being stupid enough to leave clues to their guilt peppered in their speech but only clues that certain people pick up on. Or something.

From what I have seen of them, they are easily cold enough. Anyone who can callously leave a child again after the child had been heard crying for hours is cold as ice.

But loving enough to want to dispose of her body with her comfort blanket?
Is that your argument?

It may not have been them who buried her.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 19:06

[quote="marigold"]
@hedge wrote:
@marigold wrote:
DO NOT presume to tell me what I said.

I copied and pasted your own post there's no need to get agressive with me if you don't like your own words being repeated back at you.

It's your attitude that's offensive and the presumption is your interpretation of my post. I stick by what I wrote.

Right, hang on let me get this, so you don't mind me presuming to tell you what you said (although that's what you complained about), but if I had tried to interpret it that would mean I was being offensive. Just as well I didn't then.

thumbsup

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 19:07

@marigold wrote:
@hedge wrote:
@marigold wrote:
@hedge wrote:
@jmbd wrote:If a blanket is missing - what is the significance?

That's the point, there isn't one missing. Certain people like to believe there is one missing because then they get to argue that somehow Kate and Gerry are cold enough to kill and hide their childs body but loving enough to bury her/throw her away with her comfort blanket (if that even makes sense) smart enough to pull off the crime of the year with no motive, means, opportunity or apparent benefit of any sort while being stupid enough to leave clues to their guilt peppered in their speech but only clues that certain people pick up on. Or something.

From what I have seen of them, they are easily cold enough. Anyone who can callously leave a child again after the child had been heard crying for hours is cold as ice.

But loving enough to want to dispose of her body with her comfort blanket?
Is that your argument?

It may not have been them who buried her.

But it was someone who had access to the pink blanket that was left behind on the bed and photographed and is presumeably in their possession now (except that it's with Madeleine now, oh this gets confusing).

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by bunny on 25.02.10 19:12

The apartment was sealed after the PJ arrived..yes?

The photographs show the pink blanket on the bed. Therefore, the blanket couldnt have gone missing unless the PJ lost it.

bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by bunny on 25.02.10 19:15

@marigold wrote:
@bunny wrote:The cameras were not there in those first few hours and moments though. You are comparing a parents reaction to finding their child gone (within seconds) to what you saw of the McCanns, what was it? the day after?
As for the jogging and exercise etc. Have you ever heard of a GP prescribing exercise or going to the Gym? let me tell you it happens. I'll leave you to find out the benefits of exercise on both the body AND mind. Im sure you know anyway.

NO normal parent would be any fit state to going to jogging however much a doctor might advise it.
Taking frequent effective exercise is one of the best physical stress-reduction techniques available. Exercise not only improves your health and reduces stress caused by unfitness, it also relaxes tense muscles and helps you to sleep.

Exercise has a number of other positive benefits you may not be aware of:

It improves blood flow to your brain, bringing additional sugars and oxygen that may be needed when you are thinking intensely.

When you think hard, the neurons of your brain function more intensely. As they do this, they can build up toxic waste products that can cause foggy thinking (you may have experienced the feeling that your brain has "turned to cotton wool"). By exercising, you speed the flow of blood through your brain, moving these waste products faster.

Exercise can cause release of chemicals called endorphins into your blood stream. These give you a feeling of happiness and positively affect your overall sense of well-being.
There is also good evidence that physically fit people have less extreme physiological responses when under pressure than those who are not. This means that fit people are more able to handle the long- term effects of stress, without suffering ill health or burnout.




bunny

Posts : 335
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 19:39

Try telling someone who has a missing child who they think is with a paedophile that they should be out jogging. I think they'd tell you to f**k off.

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 19:40

I'm sure had they been chain smoking anhd knocking back cans of lager they'd have been hailed as reacting properly to the fact that their child is missing.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by hedge on 25.02.10 19:44

@marigold wrote:Try telling someone who has a missing child who they think is with a paedophile that they should be out jogging. I think they'd tell you to f**k off.

I doubt anyone told them what they should be doing, they strike me as people who know their own minds but I'm sure people who know them and could tell when distress or exhaustion was setting in would have given them advice to clear their heads, take a break, take a step back from the chaos etc

They would have been well advised that missing children cases often mean a long haul and they would be no use to Madeleine or the twins rocking and wasting away in a dark room.

hedge

Posts : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This will be the Start of Good Things for Madeleine - Kate McCann

Post by marigold on 25.02.10 22:24

@hedge wrote:
@marigold wrote:Try telling someone who has a missing child who they think is with a paedophile that they should be out jogging. I think they'd tell you to f**k off.

I doubt anyone told them what they should be doing, they strike me as people who know their own minds but I'm sure people who know them and could tell when distress or exhaustion was setting in would have given them advice to clear their heads, take a break, take a step back from the chaos etc

They would have been well advised that missing children cases often mean a long haul and they would be no use to Madeleine or the twins rocking and wasting away in a dark room.

That all sounds very logical but in reality I doubt any other parent would have the capability to jog. How do you explain the concern KM had about the impending Tesco order? Was that advised by counsellors too?

marigold

Posts : 234
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum