The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Mm11

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Mm11

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Regist10

Christmas Message from Kate

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Empty Re: Christmas Message from Kate

Post by tiny 26.12.13 13:00

sallypelt wrote:
aquila wrote:
marconi wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
marconi wrote:I expected them to have been arrested last night.
Why did you expect this marconi? Has there been anything to indicate any sort of arrests were imminent (for anyone)?

It is my intuition, not facts. Something is about to happen!
So your 'intuition' marconi is that Scotland Yard would go to the McCann's home on Christmas Night and arrest them.

I'm lost for words.

I agree with you, Aquila. I too, am lost for words. This is an excellent forum, with unrivalled research, but occasionally, someone comes up with the most LUDICROUS statement that degrades the forum. And it's sweeping statements, like this one from Marconi, that does the most damage.

Oh, I am waiting to be contacted, to be told I have won zillions of pounds on the Lottery. Well, that's my "intuition".  spin 

On a lighter note, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day and it will continue into the New Year and beyond.
this was not necessary,every one is entitled to an opinion.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 26.12.13 13:33

tiny wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
aquila wrote:
marconi wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Why did you expect this marconi? Has there been anything to indicate any sort of arrests were imminent (for anyone)?

So your 'intuition' marconi is that Scotland Yard would go to the McCann's home on Christmas Night and arrest them.

I'm lost for words.

I agree with you, Aquila. I too, am lost for words. This is an excellent forum, with unrivalled research, but occasionally, someone comes up with the most LUDICROUS statement that degrades the forum. And it's sweeping statements, like this one from Marconi, that does the most damage.

Oh, I am waiting to be contacted, to be told I have won zillions of pounds on the Lottery. Well, that's my "intuition".  spin 

On a lighter note, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day and it will continue into the New Year and beyond.

I think it was very necessary. 99.9% of the time, I don't get involved in other people's squabbles, but I an a stickler for FACTS, and if we let sweeping statements take up too much of this forum, then...............well, I've made my point. so excuse me while I bow out gracefully!
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 26.12.13 13:53

This is the breaking news section of the forum, perhaps marconi would be better stating their intuition in the theory section that way there would be less 'controversy'.
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 26.12.13 14:03

sallypelt wrote:
tiny wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
aquila wrote:
marconi wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:

I'm lost for words.

I think it was very necessary. 99.9% of the time, I don't get involved in other people's squabbles, but I an a stickler for FACTS, and if we let sweeping statements take up too much of this forum, then...............well, I've made my point. so excuse me while I bow out gracefully!

how was what Marconi wrote a sweeping statement???,also by what Marconi wrote does not damage this forum at all as its her opinion and we can take it or leave it.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.12.13 14:15

Sallypelt it was not a statement of fact, he/she did not say......... 'they were arrested on Christmas Day' that is a statement of fact.

ex·pect (k-spkt)
v. ex·pect·ed, ex·pect·ing, ex·pects

v.tr.
a. To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of: expecting a telephone call; expects rain on Sunday.

b. To consider likely or certain: expect to see them soon. See Usage Note at anticipate.

2. To consider reasonable or due: We expect an apology.

3. To consider obligatory; require: The school expects its pupils to be on time.

4. Informal To presume; suppose.

He/she said 'expected' and qualified it saying it was intuition. Although not likely, I must admit, it was just a comment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 26.12.13 17:35

I wrote "last night", I didn't write "last evening".
The night starts at midnight, I've learned at school.  Starting the 26th, that is what I thought, there could have been arrests but they didn't happen.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.12.13 17:48

aquila wrote:
marconi wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:

I'm lost for words.

marconi

I noticed you didnt answer HKphooey's question.

May I too ask what rationale is behind your expectation/intuition?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.12.13 18:04

There's no rationale in intuition. That's why it's called intuition": hunch, instinct, feeling, gut reaction, etc.  smilie Antonyms: knowledge, reason, reasoning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 26.12.13 18:55

aiyoyo wrote:
aquila wrote:
marconi wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:

I'm lost for words.

marconi

I noticed you didnt answer HKphooey's question.

May I too ask what rationale is behind your expectation/intuition?
Marconi what in your opinion made arrests likely:- from the Oxford dictionary
Intuition;a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning:
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Back to top Go down

Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Empty This topic

Post by Woburn_exile 26.12.13 20:48

From the content posted today I get the distinct impression that they have had visits from their grandchildren over the past 2 days and have watched their childish bickering over who is going to pull what cracker.

hijacked hijacked 
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.12.13 20:56

Woburn_exile wrote:From the content posted today I get the distinct impression that they have had visits from their grandchildren over the past 2 days and have watched their childish bickering over who is going to pull what cracker.

hijacked hijacked 
Aww c'mon, it is Boxing day.  titter

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 26.12.13 21:06

Daisy wrote:
Woburn_exile wrote:From the content posted today I get the distinct impression that they have had visits from their grandchildren over the past 2 days and have watched their childish bickering over who is going to pull what cracker.

hijacked hijacked 
Aww c'mon, it is Boxing day.  titter

PM'd you. Don't want to get banned.

Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.12.13 10:03

Perhaps the Xmas message WAS the latest suspect, just in winter regalia.
Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 <a href=Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Tree10" />Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt_BryzeUhU9wAI1yYla7uS4roT4P-L2iZrLnrzRLVN4zdI5Lm
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.12.13 11:17

Châtelaine wrote:There's no rationale in intuition. That's why it's called intuition": hunch, instinct, feeling, gut reaction, etc.  smilie Antonyms: knowledge, reason, reasoning.

Dont quite make sense....
Otherwise can I say : my intuition tells me marconi is going to be banned if s/he continues in the same irrational/ridiculous vein.
That in itself BTW bears a rationale; even though by your argument no rationale is needed.

BTW, he originally said " I expected them to have been arrested last night" meaning Christmas Day/Boxing Day?
Why did he expect that if there isn't any rationale behind the formation of that expectation?
To expect something to happen it must be on the premise of something ......

Can't when asked for the reasoning behind the premise then conveniently excused it to "intuition". Otherwise, just about everything and anything can be excused to "intuition" isnt it?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 27.12.13 13:32

Technically, I think Chatelaine is right: if someone says "My intuition tells me that...." then by definition that prediction or claim is outside of logic / rationale. Whether or not you attach any value or importance to intuition is another, subjective thing altogether. Some do and some don't. Intuition is based on life experience and while there may, in retrospective analysis, be a provable logical trail within it, the defining idea of intuition is that it is not a conscious, logical process at the time it is drawn upon.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.12.13 13:35

ProfessorPPlum wrote:Technically, I think Chatelaine is right: if someone says "My intuition tells me that...." then by definition that prediction or claim is outside of logic / rationale. Whether or not you attach any value or importance to intuition is another, subjective thing altogether. Some do and some don't. Intuition is based on life experience and while there may, in retrospective analysis, be a provable logical trail within it, the defining idea of intuition is that it is not a conscious, logical process at the time it is drawn upon.  
I couldn't have said it better :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.12.13 14:26

Châtelaine wrote:
ProfessorPPlum wrote:Technically, I think Chatelaine is right: if someone says "My intuition tells me that...." then by definition that prediction or claim is outside of logic / rationale. Whether or not you attach any value or importance to intuition is another, subjective thing altogether. Some do and some don't. Intuition is based on life experience and while there may, in retrospective analysis, be a provable logical trail within it, the defining idea of intuition is that it is not a conscious, logical process at the time it is drawn upon.  

Oh...OK...kkkk.......I see !.

However, that only addressed one part of my questions.  

That being the case, is it OK for poster to say "they expected the arrest to have happened"( that's impossible to happen because of the implausibility of it).
When asked for rationale/reason behind (such implausible expectation)  excused it  to 'intuition" thereby conveniently ignored to answer the question to the point?

I put it to you that "intuition" is one thing, "expectation" quite another thing.

An analogy :
Hypothetically, if a poster were to say "s/he expected Kate to have committed suicide on such a date" (which's something immediately for obvious reason deducible/discernable to readers as impossible for it to be plausible/believable).  When asked of the poster for the reason behind (such implausibility) readers got "intuition" as the reply.  

Would this reply be acceptable, or tantamount to being ridiculous?

Irrational posts can't merely be excused to 'intuition", its just not a justifiable done thing, else.......
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 27.12.13 18:50

PeterMac wrote:Perhaps the Xmas message WAS the latest suspect, just in winter regalia.
Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 <a href=Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Tree10" />Christmas Message from Kate - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt_BryzeUhU9wAI1yYla7uS4roT4P-L2iZrLnrzRLVN4zdI5Lm

You may be on to something, PeterMac, as JT's sighting could well have been snowflakeman or even blackiceman  both of whom are known to vanish when things hot up. 

However, I think it more probable that the Green man, symbol of rebirth, took Madeleine by the hand and led her off to play with those who are not of this earth but who show her more loving kindness than she experienced during her brief time on it.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 27.12.13 19:21

Châtelaine wrote:
Well you would say that wouldn't you.  titter  Joke yeah?

I'm really torn on this subject here because my intuition is rarely irrational, (Okay, it can be) but usually it's based on some kind of logic (perhaps from memory) that tells me this is all too possible. I'm mighty confused   huh 

Love a good discussion on deeper stuff though, it's the way I learn.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.12.13 19:30

It's a difficult subject. Some people are basically more intuitive than others. And also a persons intuition varies depending on physical or mental state.
I think the more intuitive people are however a little more in tune (subconciously) with their surroundings, their feelings, the reactions and behaviours of others.
For instance it has been shown that children who live with an abusive or violent parent can become much more intuitive of potential danger from others, simply just by picking up micro signals which others would normally miss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 28.12.13 9:48

Allow him his intuition and lets move on!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.13 10:23

The Rooster wrote:Allow him his intuition and lets move on!

Thank you Mr Rooster!

My intuition tells me that is a very good idea........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.13 10:32

I've often regarded it as wishful thinking. Which I do myself a lot too. So, I don't object to others  winkwink 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 28.12.13 12:17

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that this intuition statement should be laid to rest its important that we all agree that if a poster posts they expect arrests then also states dates of those arrests they will be questioned why they have posted this. Same goes for any other of these type of posts I would imagine.
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 28.12.13 13:39

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that this intuition statement should be laid to rest its important that we all agree that if a poster posts they expect arrests then also states dates of those arrests they will be questioned why they have posted this. Same goes for any other of these type of posts I would imagine.

Actually, you could open this discussion up further, aren't we all here because of intuition? Something certainly niggled me in those early days when the McCanns dominated the headlines and had their own rolling news channel on Sky.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top