The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Christmas Message from Kate

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Christmas Message from Kate

Post by Guest on 12.01.14 16:46

The McCanns could call him as a witness if they chose to do so, if only to prove that he really exists.

Back to top Go down

Christmas message 2013 is BACK

Post by PeterMac on 26.02.14 9:52

can someone else check to see if this is an artefact of my computer.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

Christmas message is back. Smithman has gone.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 26.02.14 9:56

Its not your computer. I get the same

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 26.02.14 9:58

I don't.  I have Smithman.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 26.02.14 10:02

use the homeadress in full: http://www.findmadeleine.com

and smithman is back!

peter mac, your link is a direct one to updates, all updates as far i could see.

onehand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthmustout on 26.02.14 10:02

its your computer, try this link, http://www.findmadeleine.com/

tanner man still there.

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 26.02.14 10:13

You're not imagining things, PeterMac. All is as you've said - it's Christmas at the Towers where Smithman hitched a lift on Santa's sleigh and is somewhere far away from the lifestyle fund site.  

I had a similar experience yesterday when clicking on 'About Us' took me straight to 'About Madeleine' where there was a link to the 'Find Madeleine Team' which displayed the 'no police force is looking' message  confused   Having gone through the process a couple of time to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I went to get a camera to take screen shots but, on my return, these pages had been restored to their usual order.

It seems to me there's some tinkering going on, possibly to make one's visits to the land of lies wishful thinking more 'pleasurable' or whatever word was used by the site's owners to describe the 'shopping experience'? 

However, if 'The Beacon' and 'Gallery' are new additions to 'About Madeleine', I must report that my 'slopping' around the site has left me feeling distinctly nauseous.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 26.02.14 10:25

Its crap website design/build.

If you type a domain into the address bar of your browser, or click on a link that contains only the domain name (say http://www.findmadeleine.com/) your browser will automatically load a page called http://www.findmadeleine.com/index.html

The page that PM has linked to bypasses the index page and instead goes to a page (and hierarchy) called http://www.findmadeleine.com/home.html (the difference is that the prior page is index.html whereas the latter is home.html). You can still get to the "home" hierarchy by clicking the home link at http://www.findmadeleine.com/ and from there get to the page that PM has linked to by clicking on the updates tab

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 26.02.14 10:29

I have seen the beacon there before.

That site is weird.  Back when they had their google check out issues some could still donate through different areas.  Try as I might i could not make a donation through any link, in any language, but still others managed to.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 26.02.14 10:50

Tannerman still there on a list of unidentified people of interest, but no Smithman.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 26.02.14 11:35

So now Kate in her desperation to slow down time, has actually gone back in time!

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 11:49

Visiting the site via a link from Google takes you to this page: http://www.findmadeleine.com which (on my computer at any rate) shows six sketches, the first two being the latest Smith man pics and the message 'help us identify these people'.
You can then click the link to the "home page" where there's another link under the heading 'IMPORTANT: Who are these people?'. There then follow three completely different sketches in this order - Tanner man, spotty man and 'Posh Spice'. So quite a wide range of suspects for the public still to be looking out for in addition to the gypsies, burglars and dodgy Ocean Club employees.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.02.14 12:12

Popcorn Today at 11:49 am
Visiting the site via a link from Google takes you to this page: http://.......... which (on my computer at any rate) shows six sketches
-------------------------------

Visiting the site via a link from Google takes you to this page which ((on my computer at any rate) shows six sketches

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 12:14

@jeanmonroe wrote:Popcorn Today at 11:49 am
Visiting the site via a link from Google takes you to this page: http://www.findmadeleine.com which (on my computer at any rate) shows six sketches
-------------------------------

Visiting the site via a link from Google takes you to this page which ((on my computer at any rate) shows six sketches

huh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 12:27

It's a spoof, Portia.

Many a true word is spoken in jest though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 26.02.14 13:05

When I visited their website this is what I got for the Xmas message and was gob smacked... heho!

Pay it forward 2014 A New Year Play "The Mothers message..."

I get the feeling that next year is going to drag on very slowly - a sign undoubtedly of things to come. It would still be a comfort if we could simply speed time up to just get to the end of what will be the inevitable outcome of almost 7 years of blagging the world over.  Unfortunately however there have been some very negative aspects with regards to our continued well being. The Metropolitan police investigation, Andy Redwood and in particular the PJ are becoming ever more distant and less open to Gerry's directions, neither of us can understand why this is particularly as I wrote my book specially for them. I would like to say that we are incredibly relieved and buoyed by these developments, but I simply can't because Gerry has put his foot down and said "we need to change the marketing ploy to help refocus the investigation." Strictly between you and I, I'm secretly quite excited about this development because I think Gerry now wants to push on with the national poster campaign of me in my swimsuit"  as he quite rightly says this will make everyone look in another direction.  We hope this cunning plan will facilitate continued  collaboration in the near future and steer the attentions of the press in my direction for all the right reasons this time round. So we are no longer interested in the possibility of a JIT (joint investigation team) between Portugal and the UK we simply want to make movies of ourselves and intend to move to Hollywood where we would like to make lots of new friends.  

Once again I would like to thank all my supporters for their commitment to my happiness and their ongoing support of my future career.  Finally, please spare a thought and a prayer for all the people who worked so hard to find M, I'm sure Gerry's new tactics will as before hinder and disrupt progress... ohhhh I can't wait for time to speed up, bring it on boys.  I hear there is going to be a special photo shoot on the 7th Jan, time certainly does seem to be speeding up!  

I wish you a wonderful, happy and peaceful 2014.  Hang on a minute there's somebody at the front door, must dash... Ooooer!!!

Bonkers McCann xx

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

christmas message

Post by travis macbickle on 26.02.14 14:26

have we had the mccann calender on sale yet ?

travis macbickle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.02.14 14:28

@AndyB wrote:Its crap website design/build.
Are they still paying that kid £ 37,000 a year to run it ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:31

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:It's a spoof, Portia.

Many a true word is spoken in jest though.

JT looks like Smithman to me

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 26.02.14 20:41

Has "The Beacon" been there long? I'd never noticed it before, but I admit that I don't really dig around on their site. That's some poem! Between the melodrama and the typos ("fleeked eye") and the "blonde flame" (she was only sort of blonde)...wow. That's...um...beautiful.  confused

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 26.02.14 22:50

@PeterMac wrote:
@AndyB wrote:Its crap website design/build.
Are they still paying that kid £ 37,000 a year to run it ?
As the kid is no doubt more aware than most exactly how much money has flowed into the lifestyle fund via the website which he allegedly created, having first registered it in 2006, I suspect he's negotiated a few hefty salary increase over the years.

It occurs to me that subsequent to their eldest daughter being 'taken' in May 2007 every day has been Christmas for the McCanns, but they're going to need more than a dose of Alka Seltzer to settle their stomachs when the festivities are over.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 26.02.14 23:01

Even on a really generous rate that site would only cost £1,500 max to build with fully specced content management system and e-commerce functionality and could sit on a dedicated server to handle big amounts of traffic etc for about £20 per month.

A tiny wee bit left over then...

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 26.02.14 23:17

I'm not au fait with the correct terminology, gb, but do you know if it's possible to register a website on a server some 8 or 9 months before it becomes active and, if so, can the domain name or whatever name which was used to register the website be easily changed?

I ask because it's my understanding the findmadeleine.com website was registered in 2006.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 26.02.14 23:48

@ultimaThule wrote:I'm not au fait with the correct terminology, gb, but do you know if it's possible to register a website on a server some 8 or 9 months before it becomes active and, if so, can the domain name or whatever name which was used to register the website be easily changed?

I ask because it's my understanding the findmadeleine.com website was registered in 2006.

Apologies if this isn't related, but I vaguely remember the 2006 date was something to do with the version of the website creation software?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 27.02.14 0:18

That wasn't the impression I got, TTWO, but as I find frighteningly easy to trip up on, and down, the primrose paths created by the wee god of confusion, it's entirely possible that I'm labouring under a misapprehension regarding the date of the website's creation and you've provided the correct explanation for one of the many discrepancies which litter this case.

I'm hoping tigger can remember the title of the relevant thread - if not, I'll try to find it later today.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum