The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Christmas Message from Kate

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Christmas Message from Kate

Post by PeterMac on 19.12.13 11:35

@gbwales wrote:
You have to wonder what Redwood makes of this kind of obfuscation. I get the impression he is NOT a "confusion is good" kind of guy.

He may however be revelling in their confusion, and waiting for something to be said or done . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 19.12.13 11:38

"We" can also include the twins. I Always had the impression that Kate was the one who insisted on  the review, not Gerry.  My theory was that she knew that the PJ were fed up of the case and she wanted to make smoke and mirrors, attracking the attention to their unhappiness and she never expected Cameron to take it serious.
She underestimated Portugal too. A criminal case is never closed unless it is solved. She possibly was following the British media, talking about the PJ's incompetence, and she started to believe them.
Gerry did not sign the Christmas letter which could mean that we are at the end of the story.
That is what I really hope.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 11:46

@ChillyHeat wrote:Any ideas why Gerrys name is not included...?

Because Mrs left him out in the cold.

Either that, or Mr plain refuses to put his signature on semi-illerate English.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 11:49

@gbwales wrote:@ PeterMac - exactly what I pointed out earlier too.
Now that the splash page is changed to the Christmas message (as well as it appearing on the Updates), all the latest CW suspects have vanished! And although they've made this update, they've still continued to leave their own suspects collection intact and unchanged - so it's Tannerman/Crecheman, spotty bloke and Victoria Beckham.

As far as I can see the only way you might now know who SY are looking for is by taking the time out to sit back and watch the entire Youtube clip which they don't label as anything related to suspects - only a 'reconstruction'.
You have to wonder what Redwood makes of this kind of obfuscation. I get the impression he is NOT a "confusion is good" kind of guy.

I am surprised spotty face is still on their site. They must like him a lot.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 19.12.13 11:51

@ PeterMac - Good point... Let's hope so. 

On the matter of only Kate's name being there, I noticed this too and looked back through their previous updates to see if they were always signed off by both - but they are not - a number of times only Kate signs at the end of news updates, so there is certainly precedent for only one name being there.
It *does* however seem a strange thing to do for a Christmas message rather than a 'standard' update (and especially given its splash page prominence.)

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.12.13 11:54

@ChillyHeat wrote:I have a strange feeling 2014 will bring in the end of the fund. With a joint investigation, Its possible the 7 year Declared death in absentia may come into play. Cannot find ruling for Portugal

Declarations or presumuptions of death after a 7 year period in absentia are not compulsory, nor are they constrained to that time period.  

In this particular case the laws of Portugal do not apply as only the English courts have the power to grant a death certificate for a child who was habitually domiciled within their jurisdiction.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 11:57

@PeterMac wrote:
@gbwales wrote:

He may however be revelling in their confusion, and waiting for something to be said or done . . .

Come on, to be fair they'd done something.
They replaced 'Give-us-$-button" with "Kate's Gibberish-Yuletide-Message (after too many glasses of NZ savignon blanc perhaps)!

Her head is still in the Cloud somewhat because some out-of-date images are still there on display.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 12:00

@ultimaThule wrote:
@ChillyHeat wrote:I have a strange feeling 2014 will bring in the end of the fund. With a joint investigation, Its possible the 7 year Declared death in absentia may come into play. Cannot find ruling for Portugal

Declarations or presumuptions of death after a 7 year period in absentia are not compulsory, nor are they constrained to that time period.  

In this particular case the laws of Portugal do not apply as only the English courts have the power to grant a death certificate for a child who was habitually domiciled within their jurisdiction.

Dont think this would apply to a child, especially in this exceptionally mysterious disappearance case.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 19.12.13 12:00

My feelings are that this was done as an excuse to remove the SY investigation splash page.  Other than that, I'm not reading too much into it.  Kate has signed with her name only in the majority of the updates as far as I can tell.

ETA: I guess a test of this is whether they put the investigation splash page back after Christmas.  Will wait and see!

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 12:04

It's just as easy to sign Kate & Gerry Mccann especially considering it is on their Official website.
It not as if Kate's writing out Christmas cards after all.
Personally I don't read too much into it but there just might be a significance as people observed.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.12.13 12:26

@canada12 wrote:I think they are terrified. And I don't think they insisted on the review / investigation. I think they got word that the case was going to be investigated by SY and belatedly issued a notice asking for the investigation to happen. I think they'd already found out it was going ahead and needed to give the impression it was their idea. I don't actually believe it was their idea at all.

Yes.

Campeão das Províncias: "Do you think the reopening of the process is possible?"

Gonçalo Amaral: "I remind you that they (McCanns) “demanded” the archiving of the process, in 2008, when they were arguidos, merely to defend their image. They are not interested in the reopening of the process or of the investigation"

Kate and Gerry McCann
Have never requested the re-opening of the investigation into her disappearance.

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/madeleine-mccann-her-parents-have-never.html
Madeleine McCann's parents, Kate and Gerry, have never requested the re-opening of the investigation into their daughter's disappearance.

Neither the McCanns nor their lawyers have asked for the re-opening of the case, was confirmed by the office of the Chief Prosecutor of the Republic, putting an end to speculation.

Despite its being three years since the little British girl was reported missing, her parents have at no time taken the necessary steps for the Portuguese authorities - those who hold jurisdiction - to carry on with the case.

As a reminder, the investigation by the Portimao PJ's Department of Criminal Investigation was HARMED when the McCanns and their friends left Portugal (Sept 2007) the British people never wanted to participate in a reconstruction of the events surrounding Maddie's disappearance, blocking several diligences of the investigation.

"Her parents insist on a so-called private investigation which has produced no results," a police source confirmed, stressing that, "the latest revelation from the British media about a new witness in Portugal has no credibility, but is part of an orchestrated campaign that is a long way from an investigation," an opinion shared by the Prosecutor's office who stress that, "it's common practice for the media to disclose an abundance of imaginary news stories from time to time."

"If we have evidence with any reasonable degree of credibility, the case can be re-opened," the Prosecutor's office concluded.
29/05/10
___________________________________________________________________________________

Mr Amaral can 'remind' us as often as he likes that they (McCanns) “demanded” the archiving of the process, in 2008!

Mr Amaral can 'remind' us as often as he likes that the McCanns had never requested the re-opening of the investigation into her disappearance.!

Mr Amaral can 'remind' us as often as he likes that "If they had wanted the case to be reopened, they would have asked for the crime process and the investigation to be reopened, and they would supply all of the reports from the various private detectives that they have hired. To have asked for the process to be reopened, all it would have taken was a letter to the Prosecutor, as has already happened in so many other cases. It would have cost them nothing, just the stamp on the letter."

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 19.12.13 12:51

A Very Merry Infamous to you too Kate! 

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spandex on 19.12.13 13:03

So what is going on behind the scenes after the recent CW activity etc does anyone know? When will GA.s libel trial continue and why is it so quiet?

Spandex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.12.13 13:36

And to Kate and Gerry

Meretricious and a happy New Year

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 19.12.13 13:37

The libel trial begins again on Jan 7th. That is supposed to be the final summing up, or whatever it is called.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 19.12.13 13:43

@PeterMac wrote:And to Kate and Gerry

Meretricious and a happy New Year

Had to look that one up PM, many thanks for my vocabulary + 1 !  cheers 

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 15:37

I had to too. Good gracious, what a word. Could be French, with so many meanings ...
I'm afraid, Kate will also have to look it up and than decide which meaning was meant.
If it was me, I would go for meretricious praise, rather than any of the other non-flattering ones.
 titter

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 15:46

comperedna5 wrote:The libel trial begins again on Jan 7th. That is supposed to be the final summing up, or whatever it is called.

It may be final provided the Judge did not allow the two Mcclown to come on to carry on their balderdash and delay the process.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 19.12.13 16:10

True, that's true.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 19.12.13 18:38

On the Find Madeleine website, I've only just noticed that if you click on the link to try to buy the book, it doesn't open a link to buy the book, it just opens up a poster. I know the donate button and shop haven't been working for quite some time, but I thought it was still possible to buy the book or at least be shown where to buy it - is this something that has changed recently?

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 18:54

Pretty incredulous that they no longer want MONEY.

Never before, so what caused them to be WARY? Must have got wind of the change in the tide......

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 19:01

@aiyoyo wrote:Pretty incredulous that they no longer want MONEY.

Never before, so what caused them to be WARY?   Must have got wind of the change in the tide......
High tide, low tide, like in PdL ...?

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 20:12

No!
Tide of the JIT .....that delights Kate so much that she wished time would slow down......

I bet she wished she could rewind the clock to pre-Tannerman-elimination and CW day.

She knows that Grange knows..........

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 20:15

I was only  jesting, Aiyoyo ...

And referring to one of the ideas, Madeleine was hid on the beach at low tide, which would afterwards hide her for a good 12 hours and give time to get her to a more definite, safe, hiding place, just before the final one...

IMO, of course. Oops, almost forgot.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 20:29

Châtelaine wrote:I was only  jesting, Aiyoyo ...

And referring to one of the ideas, Madeleine was hid on the beach at low tide, which would afterwards hide her for a good 12 hours and give time to get her to a more definite, safe, hiding place, just before the final one...

IMO, of course. Oops, almost forgot.

You dont say...HA HA,,,,,,kidding..... of course I know you're jesting.

OH a plain good o' MERRY CHRISTMAS to you & Maman!  (Sorry I can't mimic Kate's fancy-liar-superficial style)

Is Maman putting a bird and pie in the oven for Christmas?  Or is it going to be Oysters and foie gras the French style?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum