The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Christmas Message from Kate

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Christmas Message from Kate

Post by russiandoll on 19.12.13 8:58

There are 7 refs to a plural we/our. There should logically be two names at the end.

There are errors of grammar and style- wise it is messy. A rare personal message on an official site  imo should be crafted with care and proof-read.

"regards " are good wishes, it should read  " with regard to Madeleine"

As for the cryptic sentence about slowing down time, why would it STILL be a comfort? Has Kate made a remark like this before to her readers? And why comfort? There is no clarification of why she feels this way, so whoever is reading is meant to understand its meaning.  I would expect to read the opposite here, given that there is, according to the media, a hunt for Madeleine.
Perhaps a sentence such as  " No matter the speed at which things appear to be moving and the mental fatigue we experience due to this, we need to know what happened to our beloved daughter and so that time can't come soon enough. For that reason we need to stay strong and have to hope that the momentum is the same next year and we will receive the good news we long for, that our dear Madeleine is found and comes back where she belongs, at the heart of this family."

Is Kate commenting on the speed of developments this year, maybe she would prefer that the libel case and Grange developments had not been simultaneous ?

Bobbin , re your quote "Please spare a thought and prayer for all families similar to ours who will be unable to share this Christmas with a special loved one." Kate McCann, Christmas Message, 2013.

I did not want to post what I would have advised a student, had I proof-read this item, because it would be churlish and nit-picking, however I will comment on the above. It would be better and more appropriate to say something more like " Please keep all families with missing loved ones in your thoughts and prayers at this special time of year "

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 19.12.13 9:00

@MarleneP wrote:
Thursday, 27 October, 2011
My grandparents always used to say that the years pass more quickly the older you get. It certainly feels that way. I still dream of being able to stop time. Our only alternative however is to continue doing as much as we can to the best of our ability to enhance the search for Madeleine. So that is what we’ll do.  

http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

ABOUT time, she has already written. One wonders: she wants to stop time in order to remain in the situation. Or she just do not want to be older?
The reason she wants to stop time is because she knows jail awaits

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 19.12.13 9:02

@bobbin wrote:"Please spare a thought and prayer for all families similar to ours who will be unable to share this Christmas with a special loved one." Kate McCann, Christmas Message, 2013.
Come on forum guys, picking Katie's message to pieces, where's your Christmas spirit ? (Little squeaky voice...... It's in the cupboard under the stairs so the vicar doesn't find it  big grin )
No seriously, it's very nice of Kate to ask us to spare a thought and prayer for all families similar to theirs, although I can't imagine that there would be many families really that would fit their criteria.
I mean, who else abandoned their three kids to get their faces round the liqueur, who then made up a humungous story about abduction which the 're-opening of the investigation' they personally called for, has announced as null and void, and indicated therefore that they must have concealed the fate of their own 'dear daughter'.
Are there many families like that?
So what on the face of it looks like a really generous thought, is actually very limiting in its reach.
Wouldn't it have been nice if Katie, taking advantage of her celebrity appeal status, had wished for a Christmas prayer for all the other families who have lost children but not in a fashion similar to the McCanns.
Once again, the musical notes of their mantra ooze out as if from the open wounds of their message, so altogether now, sing along now with..... 'me, me, us.... me, me, us.... me, me, us, us.... me, me, us.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE  nah
Its not the case of picking her message to pieces,its the fact she and Gerry SUPPRESSED VITAL INFO

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.12.13 9:07

@tiny wrote:

ABOUT time, she has already written. One wonders: she wants to stop time in order to remain in the situation. Or she just do not want to be older?
The reason she wants to stop time is because she knows jail awaits

Another one who wanted time to stand still was Faustus.
Ah Faustus,
Now hast thou but one bare hour to live,
And then thou must be damned perpetually.
. . .
The stars move still, time runs, the clock will strike,
The devil will come, and Faustus must be damned.
O I’ll leap up to my God! Who pulls me down?
See, see where Christ’s blood streams in the firmament!
One drop would save my soul, half a drop: ah my Christ—
Ah, rend not my heart for naming of my Christ;
Yet will I call on him—O spare me, Lucifer!
. . .
Earth, gape! O no, it will not harbor me.
You stars that reigned at my nativity,
Whose influence hath allotted death and hell,
Now draw up Faustus like a foggy mist
Into the entrails of yon laboring cloud,
That when you vomit forth into the air
My limbs may issue from your smoky mouths,
So that my soul may but ascend to heaven.
. . .
O God, if thou wilt not have mercy on my soul,
. . .
Let Faustus live in hell a thousand years,
A hundred thousand, and at last be saved.
. . .
Cursed be the parents that engendered me:
No, Faustus, curse thy self, curse Lucifer,
That hath deprived thee of the joys of heaven.
. . .
My God, my God, look not so fierce on me!
. . .
Ugly hell gape not! Come not, Lucifer!
I’ll burn my books—ah, Mepistophilis!

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 9:09

I found the following section of the message particularly heartwarming:

My Dearest Daughter Madeleine, I'm so so sorry that I wasn't there to protect you. There's not a single day that goes by where I don't miss you with every fibre of my being. I love you so much and I swear to you that I, personally, will search for you every day until I find you. Stay strong. Your loving Mummy

No? Oh that's right, the little girl that's missing, but may be unharmed,  and who is now old enough to surf the internet doesn't warrant a direct message at Christmas.

sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 19.12.13 9:12

Kate McCann left babies alone in an apartment night after night whilst she went on the piss. There is no goodwill in the world for a child abuser like her. It cost one of the children their life. Shame on you, you'll get 25 years in Holloway for that plus a whole lot of new pals who will know how to meter out your punishment. Christ it doesn't look good for you and your swinging husband. There is no goodwill for you and your supporters don't exist.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 19.12.13 9:21

@russiandoll wrote:There are 7 refs to a plural we/our. There should logically be two names at the end.

There are errors of grammar and style- wise it is messy. A rare personal message on an official site  imo should be crafted with care and proof-read.

"regards " are good wishes, it should read  " with regard to Madeleine"

As for the cryptic sentence about slowing down time, why would it STILL be a comfort? Has Kate made a remark like this before to her readers? And why comfort? There is no clarification of why she feels this way, so whoever is reading is meant to understand its meaning.  I would expect to read the opposite here, given that there is, according to the media, a hunt for Madeleine.
Perhaps a sentence such as  " No matter the speed at which things appear to be moving and the mental fatigue we experience due to this, we need to know what happened to our beloved daughter and so that time can't come soon enough. For that reason we need to stay strong and have to hope that the momentum is the same next year and we will receive the good news we long for, that our dear Madeleine is found and comes back where she belongs, at the heart of this family."

Is Kate commenting on the speed of developments this year, maybe she would prefer that the libel case and Grange developments had not been simultaneous ?
I think this is the crux of the message.
Kate knows that a Christmas message is needed to keep face. All her loyal supporters expect one.
But she can't put any heart into it. The rug has been pulled out from underneath her feet and even she is having to acknowledge that now.
Their faces in that photo with AR show they know they are out of the loop. They have lost control, it's now in the hands of those whose business it is to find the truth, and the truth is, the McCs know that that's the one thing they don't want the police to find out.
They can't have known at the time (May 2007) or at least didn't factor it into their calculations and story telling, that the files would be made public and that the internet would intercommunicate as it has done, picking over their washing, out on the line, for all to see.
What might have been loose and incoherent spewings from their so called intelligent doctor friends (arrogant in their belief that 'foreigners and their third-world thick and dozy cops ' would be too stupid to get the act together) have been analysed, cross correlated to such a degree that any inconsistency has been shown up for what it is.
And it's all on the record.
Nowhere much to go from here on, K and G.
Cows coming home to roost, chickens counting next week's eggs, the cat's lost the bag it wants to get back into, everything has gone awry. It's downhill now, and they know it.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 9:37

@bobbin wrote:picking over their washing, out on the line, for all to see

Literally, in the case of Kate's pants.

I think you're all reading too much into it. She's not exactly blessed on the literary front (ye gods, we have all seen her form in this area) so expecting her to string a few coherent sentences together, devoid of "McCannisms", was always going to be a big ask.

I would take it at face value - deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.12.13 9:49

Poe wrote:I found the following section of the message particularly heartwarming:
My Dearest Daughter Madeleine, I'm so so sorry that I wasn't there to protect you. There's not a single day that goes by where I don't miss you with every fibre of my being. I love you so much and I swear to you that I, personally, will search for you every day until I find you. Stay strong. Your loving Mummy
No? Oh that's right, the little girl that's missing, but may be unharmed,  and who is now old enough to surf the internet doesn't warrant a direct message at Christmas.
 sad

And the next sentence was very poignant
Madeleine, if you read this, you can contact us via your Fund by clicking on the donate button and leaving a small amount of money and then in the messages box, tell us where you are . . .
Then when the money has been processed through the system and is cleared in the fund we can tell some private detectives to have a look at the evidence and try to find you.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.12.13 9:53

And even more revealing that a saccharine Disney message, with lots of sparkles,
takes precedence and actually REPLACES the e-fits of the main persons of interest and suspects.

For those with strong stomachs
" />

It was our Christmas too !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 10:10

Clay Regazzoni wrote:

I think you're all reading too much into it. She's not exactly blessed on the literary front (ye gods, we have all seen her form in this area) so expecting her to string a few coherent sentences together, devoid of "McCannisms", was always going to be a big ask.

I would take it at face value - deleted.

Clay, I always read your posts with interest and they are normally well-written and constructive, and have helped me get to grips with this case.  Phrases such as "deleted are not helpful to anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 10:12

Ladyinred wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

Clay, I always read your posts with interest and they are normally well-written and constructive, and have helped me get to grips with this case.  Phrases such as "deleted are not helpful to anyone.

Yeah, I cringed myself when I read it back. I might be falling into group think.

Picture me slapping myself around the chops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 10:13

smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 19.12.13 10:28

Any ideas why Gerrys name is not included...?

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 19.12.13 10:34

You mean that much to me
And it's hard to show
Gets hectic inside of me
When you go
Can I confess these things
To you
I don't know
Embedded in my chest
And it
Hurts to hold

I couldn't spill my heart
My eyes gleam looking in from the dark
I walk out in stormy weather
Hold my words, keep us together
Steady walking but bound to trip
Should release but just tighten my grip

[Chorus]
Night time
Sympathize
I've been working on
White lies
So I'll tell the truth
I'll give it up to you
And when the day comes
It will have all been fun
We'll talk about it soon

And I couldn't spill my heart
My eyes gleam
Looking in from the dark
And I walk out in stormy weather
Hope my words keep us together
Steady walking but bound to trip
Should release but just tighten my grip

[Chorus]

The XX – Night Time.....

The XX Rune....
A Rune of great power, receiving it means that you now have the strength to achieve completion, resolution, from which comes a new beginning.”
“As you resolve and clear away the old, you will experience a release from tension and uncertainty.
You may be required to free yourself from a rut, habit or relationship; from some deep cultural or behavioral pattern… The time of birth is always a critical one. Movement can involve danger, and yet movement that is timely leads out of danger.”

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 19.12.13 10:39

@ChillyHeat wrote:Any ideas why Gerrys name is not included...?
Any idea why Madeleine's photograph isn't included ! , but then again it's not about her is it ?...
it's about " enhancing the search " ..( not FINDING our lovely daughter ) ...

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 10:42

Ladyinred wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

I would be grateful if members would not post nasty remarks, it really doesn't do us any favours, and there is not need for it imo. I have deleted some remarks and a post. Do we really want to sink to the same level as the we see on twitter?

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.12.13 10:47

Perhaps he's been 'taken' and Kate's got a few mates coming round for seasonal mince pies and tapas before she reports him missing...

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 19.12.13 10:47

I was wondering that. She uses 'we' then leaves his name off. A strange thing to do, aren't they BOTH thanking their supporters?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 19.12.13 10:51

candyfloss wrote:
I would be grateful if members would not post nasty remarks, it really doesn't do us any favours, and there is not need for it imo.  I have deleted some remarks and a post.  Do we really want to sink to the same level as the we see on twitter?

Well said  bravo 

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should it have read

Post by Trainer on 19.12.13 11:07

Should it not have read "We are incredibly relieved and buoyed by these developments and continue to hope for further collaboration in the near future with the possibility of a JIT (joint investigation team) between the f**king tossers from Portugal and the UK to enhance the search for our dear daughter. "

Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.12.13 11:07

candyfloss wrote:

I would be grateful if members would not post nasty remarks, it really doesn't do us any favours, and there is not need for it imo.  I have deleted some remarks and a post.  Do we really want to sink to the same level as the we see on twitter?

I think I might have got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

I burned the toast too.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 19.12.13 11:14

I have a strange feeling 2014 will bring in the end of the fund. With a joint investigation, Its possible the 7 year Declared death in absentia may come into play. Cannot find ruling for Portugal

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.12.13 11:29

@canada12 wrote:I think they are terrified. And I don't think they insisted on the review / investigation. I think they got word that the case was going to be investigated by SY and belatedly issued a notice asking for the investigation to happen. I think they'd already found out it was going ahead and needed to give the impression it was their idea. I don't actually believe it was their idea at all.

Yeap, from MET response to FOI, it would appear the Mccanns were like fiddle by the Politician and Newspaper.
The decision to participate in the Portuguese Review was already underway prior to Mccanns' Letter.

It makes sense too.  Because when you think about it, their approach/es to Home Office  was/were  rejected, then suddenly through NOTW campaign they got their review instantaneously accepted by the PM literally overnight.  No if no but, unlike previous approaches, so what has changed in the interim time?
No time lapse for inter-office/inter-department/inter-authorities conferring amongst politicians and Police before the decision just doesn't gel.
Leaving one to conclude this was already mis-en-place behind-the-scene prior to their letter request.  

I, too, believe their call for review was a bluff.
They were playing this silly games to make them look good, banking on historical records that No 10 had never ever granted Review for crime of this nature, especially a crime committed outside of UK Jurisdiction.  
They couldn't possibly turn down Rebecca Brooks offer to help them campaign No 10 as it would be showing up their bluff.
I bet they didn't reckon for a mere Editor to have the power to persuade No 10; little realising mighty Mdm Brooks is not any mere Editor and little realising this madam has source in No 10 feeding her privileged info; let alone realising that the Portuguese were reviewing their case on the quiet anyway.

I think the Mccanns scored their own goal there with a little manipulation by the Newspaper that happens to suit the purpose of No. 10 just fine for that instant.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 19.12.13 11:32

@ PeterMac - exactly what I pointed out earlier too.
Now that the splash page is changed to the Christmas message (as well as it appearing on the Updates), all the latest CW suspects have vanished! And although they've made this update, they've still continued to leave their own suspects collection intact and unchanged - so it's Tannerman/Crecheman, spotty bloke and Victoria Beckham.

As far as I can see the only way you might now know who SY are looking for is by taking the time out to sit back and watch the entire Youtube clip which they don't label as anything related to suspects - only a 'reconstruction'.
You have to wonder what Redwood makes of this kind of obfuscation. I get the impression he is NOT a "confusion is good" kind of guy.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum