The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by JackieL 16.06.14 22:12

fossey wrote:McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 BqR63OACAAEYB-8

AWESOME!   goodpost
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 22:13

I hope they get closure too Piers.

Of a prison cell door.
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by mary, mungo & midge 16.06.14 22:17

Does anyone know if the McCann's are still in Portugal tonight? Haven't seen any pics of their arrival at a UK airport and I think they'd be unlikely to arrive quietly without fuss...
mary, mungo & midge

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by riskybuisness 16.06.14 22:24

fossey wrote:McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 BqR63OACAAEYB-8
Now that is a t-shirt  with a slogan I would buy!!
riskybuisness

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 22:24

mary, mungo & midge wrote:Does anyone know if the McCann's are still in Portugal tonight? Haven't seen any pics of their arrival at a UK airport and I think they'd be unlikely to arrive quietly without fuss...

Maybe the fund doesn't stretch to the fees that would be incurred for changing flight times...
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 16.06.14 22:27

Not quite sure what to make of this, sounds like complete nonsense in parts
http://portugalresident.com/new-revelations-as-mccanns-go-all-out-for-%E2%82%AC1-million-in-damages

New revelations as McCanns go all-out for €1 million in damages

As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press.

On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”.

The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach.

Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished.

“The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM.

“He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.”

Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing.

But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper.

Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.

“We have tried to recover the testimony and the documents that related to it. They simply disappeared. Still today we don’t know who this person is, or where she is,” he told the news channel.

Even more intriguing perhaps is a letter received in The Resident offices today claiming that Madeleine’s body is indeed buried in Praia da Luz, but not in any of the places searched so far.

Madeleine will be found under a nearby driveway to a private house, “very possibly inside a missing carry all tennis bag", wrote South African investigator Martin Van Wyk, who maintains the truth lies with the Tapas 13 - not the Tapas 7 “as everybody was made to believe”. Adding that he knows his email, sent to a number of news sources and investigating police, “will be pushed to one side”, Wyk advises recipients “do not delete it, as you will later refer back to it and be calling me”.

As we wrote up these developments, Sky News reported that Gerry and Kate McCann had not yet been able to give their “victim impact assessments” to the Lisbon court. There has been a “delay in the proceedings”.

Whatever happens today however will not lead to any instant verdict. The case, which was brought out against Amaral in 2009, will need “a few weeks” consideration before the judge contacts the legal teams on both sides with her final decision. By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 16.06.14 22:28

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 BqR-ARoCYAAfaWM
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 16.06.14 22:38

fossey wrote:Piers Morgan getting some right stick and rightly so for the comments he tweeted earlier.

Always thought he was a muppet.

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Piers_profile_twitter_normalPiers Morgan 

[ltr]@piersmorgan[/ltr]

· 

Actually, there is something worse. Vile, vicious trolls abusing the McCanns for what happened to Madeleine. Despicable people.

Replied to 0 times
  • Retweet
    Retweeted 93 times93
  • Favorite
    Favorited 224 times224
  • More

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Piers_profile_twitter_normalPiers Morgan 

[ltr]@piersmorgan[/ltr]

[size=0][size=14] · 2h

My heart absolutely breaks for Kate & Gerry McCann. Can't imagine anything worse than what they are enduring. Just pray they get closure.

My heart absolutely breaks for Kate & Gerry McCann. Can't imagine anything worse than what they are enduring. Just pray they get

[/size][/size]

The Mirror are currently being sued by 20+ people for alleged phone hacking. BBC executive, Alan Yentob, alleges he was hacked between 2002- 2004, At that time Peirs Morgan was editor. Why no prosecutions?

Guardian. June 10, 2014
Senior BBC executive Alan Yentob is taking the Sunday Mirror to court over alleged phone hacking.
The veteran BBC creative director, who also presents BBC1’s Imagine arts documentary strand, has lodged his compensation suit in the high court and will have a first hearing before Mr Justice Mann at 2pm on Wednesday, it has been confirmed. It is understood that his case relates to alleged hacking between 2002 and 2004.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/10/alan-yentob-sunday-mirror-alleged-phone-hacking

20 people, which include British celebrity Peter Andre and the personal assistant of actor Jude Law, has pursued legal action against Mirror Group newspapers over phone hacking charges. The Guardian said that ten more have already expressed their intentions to follow suit for similar claims. The counsel for the plaintiffs, David Sherborne, told a judge that the other claimants include actor Christopher Eccleston and the BBC's creative director Alan Yentob
http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/5798/20140612/mirror-group-gets-sued-by-a-class-of-british-celebrities-over-phone-hacking-charges.htm#cOJsowp65hXo3uIc.99
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.14 22:44

Sonmi-451 wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Praia wrote:I don't know but given the info in CDM this morning about the body and cremation perhaps this whole thing is about to explode.

If the relatives of the woman who was cremated in the church have kept her ashes, then it's possible to obtain bone and teeth fragments and conduct DNA tests on them. Cremation is not usually 100% complete. Teeth and bone fragments do remain. Just a thought.
I wonder where the lady's ashes might have been scattered? I guess it's too much to hope that it might have been somewhere where SY/PJ have just been searching with sieves, etc.

A very interesting thought bearing in mind the search stopped so abruptly, samples were sent for analysis and now it appears Goncalo has engineered a stall in the libel trial. Who owned the deserted farmhouse where the search reached it's sudden conclusion? Has it been deserted since, say, 2007?

Again, just thoughts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 16.06.14 22:46

fossey wrote:At the end of the day, GA is a very astute and smart man. He has literally his life riding on the outcome of this. He would not in a million years do anything reckless to jeopardise it.

He is playing a clever game. Deliberate and calculated. He knows exactly what he is doing. The sacking of his lawyer for postponement would of been worked out and discussed (with his lawyer) well in advance. Not a Monday morning spur of the moment thing.

He has said all along that he has an 'Ace up his sleeve' so very soon I'm expecting him to show his full hand. 

What ever his reason's are for today you can rest assure he know's exactly what he is doing.

goodpost I agree.  Being a Dr. of Portuguese law he is no fool. He wouldn't have done this without very good reason.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Empty News? What news?

Post by Doug D 16.06.14 22:49

Clearly nothing happened today as there was no mention at all on the 10 o'clock BBC news!

Pinkie's influence?

P.S. Only just catching up. Work's a bugger isn't it!
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 16.06.14 22:49

maebee wrote:
Missmar1 wrote:
Btw, am still thinking about the odd remark Gerry Mccann came out with today :  " seriously injured"  ?    I have never heard him say that before in all the years he has commented on his missing child ...

Like, it would be ok if she had only been mildly injured. Another one to add to his list of unbelievable statements.
Yes, another strange use of words similar to - if Madeliene's DNA is not found etc.

For all I'm unsure of SY's latest searching ( yes Madeleine still need to be found ) I'm reasonably certain that this search is still ongoing.

If in the process of the searches something/someone is found then DNA and the cause of death will obviously merit a deep analysis.

If in the course of the ongoing search some material evidence is found which may belong to Madeleine the same process will occur. But just finding this material evidence does not mean by defintion that Madeleine may still be alive unfortunately and would only indicate that where the material was found may have been a place where she had been. If they ran the material past the noses of the British Cadaver dogs ( if
they return specifically for that purpose that would be another indication like the Eddie indications. Therefore in my humble opinion the necessity of finding Madeliene I'm sure has always been paramount for all the police involved in this mystery so I don't know where the harm to the search for Madeleine has come from. Because of no additional evidence being added to the original Archiving file it is crucial to find a path which would lead to the finding of Madeleine. It's arriving at the right path to the finding that has been at issue in this case. Sadly due
to lack of assistance from many quarters it has taken 7 years to get to this point and I hope ( that's all it is -hope ) that the path that leads to Madeleine being found is found itself. I think that if SY are exploring every option and not selective ones that little by little the right path will be found. If this is all about politics and money then shame on all of them and the fakers shouldn't ever look in the mirror again if their public stance is to find Madeleine  but their private knowledge is the reason why she won't be found.

The ball is in Redwoods court. I suspect that he has a mirror too?

p.s. Another hope is that Mr Amaral does have an ace up his sleeve. This is a great game of poker where the player with the biggest amount of stake can bet the other players out of the game. Modern justice is not about finding the truth it's about having the best lawyers. Although
on odd occasions it can go against you to be too smart. Ask Archer and Aitken. Very public, very PR. Very public loss and shame.

Just opinion though.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 37 Empty Amarals New Lawyer....

Post by SchrodingersBody 16.06.14 23:09

Ace up the sleeve.... his new lawyer might just be an ace up his sleeve.
SchrodingersBody

Activity : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 16.06.14 23:12

mary, mungo & midge wrote:Does anyone know if the McCann's are still in Portugal tonight? Haven't seen any pics of their arrival at a UK airport and I think they'd be unlikely to arrive quietly without fuss...
At a guess i would of thought they would of immediately hot footed it to the airport and got the next available flight back to the UK.

I don't think they would of stayed in Portugal a minute longer than was necessary. They certainly won't be chilling out in a luxury 5 star hotel for the next 10 days until the trial resumes again.

P.s - Are you 3 people sharing a computer.  big grin
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 16.06.14 23:16

I have been on and off through the day, but insifficient time, so not really up to date with today's happenings so maybe this has already been posted, please forgive me if it has.
Last night, Gonçalo Amaral put as his Facebook page avatar an eagle. Now I know this image is from his favoured football team, but thought it had a deeper meaning, and then today and the left field bombshells. So was this morning planned, it must have been, any ideas please as to what it was about.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 16.06.14 23:22

The cremation story is front of mirror
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by jack dexter 16.06.14 23:23

jack dexter wrote:
fossey wrote:
jack dexter wrote:Looking back when DA put the eagle on his fb page he must have known about today. Any ideas now what 
it symbolised anyone?
http://www.universeofsymbolism.com/eagle-symbolism.html
Thanks fossey. can't see anyone stressed or worried bothering to change a picture. It's a sign of a confident man in my opinion.

asked the same thing nina, looks confident to me
jack dexter

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 16.06.14 23:31

noddy100 wrote:The cremation story is front of mirror

And here is the online version:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

Extraordinary story and claim. What is GA up to? Part of a plan or has he lost the plot?
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by heinzbeanz 16.06.14 23:42

canada12 wrote:Just think. If Madeleine is alive (as her parents keep insisting she is), then she'd be 11 years old and fully able to read and watch TV and understand exactly what her parents were saying today. They've obviously not stopped to consider what their "we have to find someone to look after the kids, we have to book hotels" whine would sound like to their almost-adolescent daughter. The one they want everyone to believe they're still looking for and who is just waiting to be found. Big mistake on their part. If they really believed their daughter was alive, they'd stop with the mantra and address her directly, having been given the platform and opportunity by the press.

"We're so sorry about this delay, Madeleine. We'll do everything within our power to try and bring you home."
Said Kate and Gerry McCann, never.

This, for me (as a mother) is the absolute top and bottom of it all. 

It couldn't be more obvious that k&g are after the money; not Madeleine. 

I feel so desperately sad. That poor little girl deserves more in her memory than to be completely used. Kate says this is about pain and distress but as Canada has so eloquently stated, considering Madeleine's distress doesn't seem to come highly on kate's list of priorities.  

They may have been told not to show emotion or tears seven years ago - but now? Come off it. 

Ugh the pair of them make me feel physically sick.
heinzbeanz

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 16.06.14 23:45

Bishop Brennan wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

Extraordinary story and claim.  What is GA up to?   Part of a plan or has he lost the plot?  
Must be part of the plan. Surely. Has to be.

I find it interesting that he has (afaik) only come out with the cremation story now though.

What part of the game is this and surely if he is stating it then there must be truth in it. Surely.
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 16.06.14 23:54

sharonl wrote:Not quite sure what to make of this, sounds like complete nonsense in parts
http://portugalresident.com/new-revelations-as-mccanns-go-all-out-for-%E2%82%AC1-million-in-damages

New revelations as McCanns go all-out for €1 million in damages

As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press.

On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”.

The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach.

Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished.

“The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM.

“He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.”

Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing.

But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper.

Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.

“We have tried to recover the testimony and the documents that related to it. They simply disappeared. Still today we don’t know who this person is, or where she is,” he told the news channel.

Even more intriguing perhaps is a letter received in The Resident offices today claiming that Madeleine’s body is indeed buried in Praia da Luz, but not in any of the places searched so far.

Madeleine will be found under a nearby driveway to a private house, “very possibly inside a missing carry all tennis bag", wrote South African investigator Martin Van Wyk, who maintains the truth lies with the Tapas 13 - not the Tapas 7 “as everybody was made to believe”. Adding that he knows his email, sent to a number of news sources and investigating police, “will be pushed to one side”, Wyk advises recipients “do not delete it, as you will later refer back to it and be calling me”.

As we wrote up these developments, Sky News reported that Gerry and Kate McCann had not yet been able to give their “victim impact assessments” to the Lisbon court. There has been a “delay in the proceedings”.

Whatever happens today however will not lead to any instant verdict. The case, which was brought out against Amaral in 2009, will need “a few weeks” consideration before the judge contacts the legal teams on both sides with her final decision. By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com
So candido who has a house near the beach but not on the beach see's Gerry in a drunken state passing his house and tells him to call the police after "dismissing" Gerry's noise,and then goes fishing only to see Gerry on the beach,but not only did Candido see him but a "British tourist" who's statement has been wooshed. weird just weird..
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 23:56

Bishop Brennan wrote:

Extraordinary story and claim.  What is GA up to?   Part of a plan or has he lost the plot?  

There is a lot of information in that article that doesn't usually find it's way into the British media.
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 16.06.14 23:58

fossey wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:

I find it interesting that he has (afaik) only come out with the cremation story now though.

What part of the game is this and surely if he is stating it then there must be truth in it. Surely.

This has been some 7 year roller-coaster ride and today it hit the summit. GA "firing" his lawyer at 9 am. was a shock but him talking about Madeleine possibly being cremated (Oh God) and laid to rest in a coffin with A.N.other is ................ I can't find the word. Unthinkable that such a thing could happen and unthinkable that Amaral should say such a thing. He must have very good reason for his actions today.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.14 23:58

Bishop Brennan wrote:

Wow. Dr Amaral's theories on the front page of a British newspaper. Fresh allegations that they were responsible for hiding the body. Have we seen the like since 2008?

And is it unprecedented that such detail regarding the possible method of that concealment has ever been spelled out to the British public? Has this ever happened?

Now the UK knows about the libel trial, Dr Amaral's theory, the title of his book. And not tucked away inside in a half-inch column. Screaming on the front page. And also today they've seen the MCs at their worst. All in all, not a bad day for truth-seekers. In my opinion. The timing of the cremation story and the new witnesses must be significant, surely.

What will the next couple of weeks bring?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 17.06.14 0:02

fossey wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:

Can't see him coming out with this without good reason. I'd love to know what evidence he has to back this up.

Interesting times ahead.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top