The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Guest 17.06.14 8:56

In my opinion, Dr Amaral is far too clever and has lost far too much to be playing games with the court. This has to be a tactical delay.

The McCann meltdown was jawdropping to behold and did them no favours at all.

Can you imagine their reaction if Dr Amaral waits his full 10 days then announces that he wouldn't be able to bring a new lawyer up to speed in the time given so has decided to re-instate his old one?

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 51244440
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 40 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by stargazer59 17.06.14 9:00

SchrodingersBody wrote:
stargazer59 wrote:
SchrodingersBody wrote:
fossey wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:Just wondering aloud: Did Amaral sack his lawyers BECAUSE of the newspaper crematorium story?
A leak?
This is what I suspect as the lawyer was already court. Maybe Amaral heard that info for the court was being leaked and decided he had to put a stop to it.
Personally, I don't think so.

GA and his lawyer have been through a lot together and should imagine are very close friends now too.

It was a plan. A tactic. Agreed by both GA and his lawyer. 

They both know exactly what they are doing and what the game plan is.

I'm sure we will all find out very soon as well.
I reckon I know exactly wht the next move is... what would annoy you most if you were a McCann ??? ...that tells you the answer.
"Rehiring" his lawyer Wink ?
That's exactly what I'm expecting.....assuming of course the digs reveal nothing to change the landscape.... and then if another delay of some sort was to be engineered....
I believe the Mcanns reacted exactly as he expected they would, for the world to see ! This was planned for a reason Wink
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 17.06.14 9:02

Poe wrote:

Can you imagine their reaction if Dr Amaral waits his full 10 days then announces that he wouldn't be able to bring a new lawyer up to speed in the time given so has decided to re-instate his old one?

That is exactly what my line of thinking is and if so he has played a blinder .
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 9:07

dantezebu wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered still catching up.

Was it really four delays when they had actually travelled to Portugal?
Mrs MC said "this has happened to us about 4 times"
So even if the trial has been delayed 4 times, has this really happened 4 times to them?
Have they really (God forbid) had to arrange childcare, hotels and flights 4 times only to go home empty handed. 
Or is it a Kate Healy version of the truth?

I was thinking about this too, when she actually says 'about 4 times'.

It doesn't fit with Isabel Duarte saying 'no-one thought this could happen', which I read quoted somewhere this morning.  If Amaral has used this tactic '4 times' before then wouldn't they at least expect it was a possibility?  

Instead I think they mean they can't believe he would do this at this stage and can't understand how he had the audacity. Of course all the UK media are reporting it as if Amaral has delayed the trial 4 times before.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 17.06.14 9:09

stargazer59 wrote:
SchrodingersBody wrote:
fossey wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:Just wondering aloud: Did Amaral sack his lawyers BECAUSE of the newspaper crematorium story?
A leak?
This is what I suspect as the lawyer was already court. Maybe Amaral heard that info for the court was being leaked and decided he had to put a stop to it.
Personally, I don't think so.

GA and his lawyer have been through a lot together and should imagine are very close friends now too.

It was a plan. A tactic. Agreed by both GA and his lawyer. 

They both know exactly what they are doing and what the game plan is.

I'm sure we will all find out very soon as well.
I reckon I know exactly wht the next move is... what would annoy you most if you were a McCann ??? ...that tells you the answer.
"Rehiring" his lawyer Wink ?
That would also annoy the Judge ...not wise
DurhamGuy1967

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 9:10

I am trying to remember instances to make up the alleged total of four delays caused by Dr Amaral personally. Can anyone assist with this?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 17.06.14 9:12

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I am trying to remember instances to make up the alleged total of four delays caused by Dr Amaral personally. Can anyone assist with this?
Was the 'ward of court' issue one of the delays - where he had to apply for the documents that were required..?
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 17.06.14 9:14

HelenMeg wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I am trying to remember instances to make up the alleged total of four delays caused by Dr Amaral personally. Can anyone assist with this?
Was the 'ward of court' issue one of the delays - where he had to apply for the documents that were required..?
Taken from Mc Cann files:
[color:018e=000000][size=10]08 September 2012

A request has been made for the adjournment of the first session of the trial in the lawsuit filed by the McCanns against former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral.

The request was made due to health reasons, relating to Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer, Dr. Santos de Oliveira. The trial will now begin the following week, on 20 and 21 of September.

[color:018e=000000]also I see this:

[/size][color:018e=000000]Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton
Provisional new date for McCann v Amaral libel hearing is January 24. Delay apparently due to Amaral's lawyer undergoing surgery
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 17.06.14 9:17

[color:12eb=000000][size=10]24 January 2013, at 10:37
With thanks to [color:12eb=000000]Joana Morais
for translation

It is not often the accusers ask to negotiate before a trial, but in this case it was so. TVmais found that, on the eve of Gonçalo Amaral's trial, the McCann couple's lawyers proposed a meeting in order to reach an extrajudicial settlement [out of court].

In court, Madeleine McCann's parents demanded from Gonçalo Amaral (see box) compensation of 1.2 million euro for alleged defamation. Now it's them who propose an extrajudicial settlement. TVmais also learned the lawyers for the defendants have accepted a meeting to take place within the following 20 days.

As all parties have agreed, the start of the trial, scheduled for the 24th of this month at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, "has been suspended because the parties are trying to reach an agreement", said a judicial source to Lusa News agency.
[/size]
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 17.06.14 9:22

Libel Trial.

9th Feb 2012. Postponed. (not sure what the reason was?)

13th + 14th Sept 2012. Postponed - GA's lawyer unwell.

18th Jan 2013. Postponed - Tried to reach out of court settlement. 

Yesterday.

Also the Ward of Court issue.

So that is 5 times is it not?
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.06.14 9:28

The McCanns are not the ones who have had their assets frozen over a period of years.

The McCanns have experienced welcoming arms from the UK telly sofas over the last few years.

The McCanns have been exalted by British institutions and charities over the last few years.

The McCanns have experienced absolutely NO financial hardship since their daughter left - on the contrary.

The McCanns have been exploited by the UK media and have received out of court settlements.

The McCanns have NOT ONCE shown any transparent accounts for their Fund/Limited Company.

Now put this into reverse and apply the above to Sr Amaral.

GA has nothing to lose.

His reputation is constantly trashed in the UK media and has been trashed from day one.

He's had his assets frozen. He's used to it. He's managed to live his life without the money.

His life isn't so bad in comparison. I doubt he lacks sleep because he's so worried about his reputation that his life is totally driven by what other people think of him (unlike the McCanns). He's not starving. His reputation in Portugal by Portuguese people is not under question. He's not courting adoration.

GA has now taken to TV sofas. He might be right to do that, he might be wrong but he's only doing what the McCanns do.

GA wrote a book, Kate McCann then wrote a 'counter book' - her version of the truth and a whole pile of spin came about.

GA's book was ignored by the McCanns until it made money and it was then that the McCanns chose to sue.

The McCanns would imo have done well to take care of their remaining children, themselves and their family life by abandoning their litigious nature and lust for money.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd 17.06.14 9:33

I have a recollection that one of the postponements related to the illness of a relative of the judge, maybe her son but possibly I am thinking of the illness of Amaral's lawyer.

I think it would be useful to have an agreed schedule of all the postponements in this case and the reasons why, in as far as we know the reasons.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Activity : 132

http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 17.06.14 9:37

Translated from the Expresso.

GA sacked his lawyer by Text on Friday evening. Wonder if that is true?

t ten in the evening of Friday the Santos de Oliveira lawyer received an SMS from Gonçalo Amaral to dispense with their services. The lawyer representing the former PJ inspector in civil proceedings brought by the McCanns - where Maddie's parents ask for a compensation of EUR 1.2 million for defamation - ensures that he was not given any grounds for expulsion: "No know why I was fired. " 

The exemption was made on the eve of the last session of the trial, which causes even more strangeness to the lawyer: "We were a good procedure because it could demonstrate that the McCann couple had no power to represent the child in the process and now that we were going to talk confront them with it. "

Gonçalo Amaral delivered yesterday morning, the Court of 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, a repeal of the attorney of his lawyer. The session, during which the McCanns would speak and his lawyer, Isabel Duarte, would utter the closing arguments, the judge served only to Emilia Melo e Castro set new times - 8 and July 10. 

"I am convinced that it is another delaying tactic to tire my clients," he told Express Isabel Duarte. "For the first time in 35 years of practice I saw a lawyer with a revoked asking the judge to make an application on behalf of the former client proxy. Judge and authorized lawyer asked that the session be postponed, which actually came to pass." 

The attorney Oliveira Santos, now dismissed, denied the accusation: "dilatory maneuvers That's not me I walk for too many years in law to let me engage in such a thing?.." 

This was the fourth time that the trial was postponed. And the fourth time the McCanns had been moved to Portugal to be heard. "I expect that come next course session. Shall not be overcome by tiredness," assures Isabel Duarte. 

The hearings of the trial were inoperative since October last year, so that the McCanns arrived in court according to Gonçalo Amaral. As there was an agreement in a case that has motivated the request for seizure of property to former Inspector of Judicial as a precautionary measure, was marked resumption of the sessions. 

In this action, the McCanns considers rights, freedoms and guarantees of the family have been violated, and therefore calls for a compensation of EUR 1.2 million at the PJ inspector investigating Madeleine's disappearance, which occurred on May 3, 2007. 

In the book "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie", Gonçalo Amaral, former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Judicial Police of Portimão, advocates the involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in their daughter's disappearance and concealment of a body. The couple came to be accused in the case, but the suspicions were filed. The criminal case was reopened however, and last week the English Police were in Portugal to make new searches.

Ler mais: http://expresso.sapo.pt/goncalo-amaral-despede-advogado-por-sms=f876140#ixzz34n2QZaUP
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 17.06.14 9:41

I am not sure I like the way this is developing.

Why would he entertain the notion of settling out of court or have I missed something?

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.06.14 9:44

It is so unfair that SNR Amaral has had to endure all of this. Two parents who abandon their children whilst on holiday in his country, and they are trying to make it his fault. I'm feeling really cross about all of this today!!

This man was just doing his job, arriving at the conclusions with the evidence that was laid before him. There was ever need for him to write a book to defend himself, after all, he was thrown out of his job, reputation destroyed, life ruined.

If, god forbid, this trial does not go his way then I for one would be prepared to donate to his cause.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 9:47

View-from-Ireland wrote:I am not sure I like the way this is developing.

Why would he entertain the notion of settling out of court or have I missed something?

Where does it say that he is entertaining that notion View-from-Ireland?  Thanks.

-------

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=9847
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top