The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Guest on 17.06.14 0:03

@petunia wrote:
@sharonl wrote:Not quite sure what to make of this, sounds like complete nonsense in parts
http://portugalresident.com/new-revelations-as-mccanns-go-all-out-for-%E2%82%AC1-million-in-damages

New revelations as McCanns go all-out for €1 million in damages

As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press.

On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”.

The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach.

Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished.

“The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM.

“He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.”

Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing.

But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper.

Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.

“We have tried to recover the testimony and the documents that related to it. They simply disappeared. Still today we don’t know who this person is, or where she is,” he told the news channel.

Even more intriguing perhaps is a letter received in The Resident offices today claiming that Madeleine’s body is indeed buried in Praia da Luz, but not in any of the places searched so far.

Madeleine will be found under a nearby driveway to a private house, “very possibly inside a missing carry all tennis bag", wrote South African investigator Martin Van Wyk, who maintains the truth lies with the Tapas 13 - not the Tapas 7 “as everybody was made to believe”. Adding that he knows his email, sent to a number of news sources and investigating police, “will be pushed to one side”, Wyk advises recipients “do not delete it, as you will later refer back to it and be calling me”.

As we wrote up these developments, Sky News reported that Gerry and Kate McCann had not yet been able to give their “victim impact assessments” to the Lisbon court. There has been a “delay in the proceedings”.

Whatever happens today however will not lead to any instant verdict. The case, which was brought out against Amaral in 2009, will need “a few weeks” consideration before the judge contacts the legal teams on both sides with her final decision. By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com
So candido who has a house near the beach but not on the beach see's Gerry in a drunken state passing his house and tells him to call the police after "dismissing" Gerry's noise,and then goes fishing only to see Gerry on the beach,but not only did Candido see him but a "British tourist" who's statement has been wooshed. weird just weird..

Sorry for long quoting but I just wonder if the above has anything to do with this.........

PDL at Dawn thread

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1618-pdl-and-dawn?highlight=dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by cassius on 17.06.14 0:03

@fossey wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:The cremation story is front of mirror

And here is the online version:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

Extraordinary story and claim.  What is GA up to?   Part of a plan or has he lost the plot?  
Must be part of the plan. Surely. Has to be.

I find it interesting that he has (afaik) only come out with the cremation story now though.

What part of the game is this and surely if he is stating it then there must be truth in it. Surely.
The words used by GM today and in previous outbursts suggest he is very confident a body will never be found.

The cremation theory whilst very difficult to prove does imo seem the most plausible so far.

cassius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 17.06.14 0:04

The sacking of the lawyer is an obvious delaying tactic. 

It coincides with the Cremation story and the McCanns were not happy. The McCanns wanted it postponed till Sept but the Judge overruled it. I believe they were told they would have to attend the court so travelling to Portugal would be bad enough let alone if it were a wasted journey so they would have to do it again.

Two questions , why delay and why the last minute?

Delay?
1. He thinks he is going to loose and wants more time, hoping more evidence will come forward.
2. He thinks he is going to win but want more time for new evidence to come forward to make totally sure or to assist a criminal investigation.
3. Purely to get the McCanns to travel for what seems like a wasted journey.

Last minute?
1. To make sure the McCanns travelled to Portugal, are they under surveillance, being questioned by the PJ, is their house back home being searched?
2. To be awkward and cause the McCanns grief.

DurhamGuy1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 17.06.14 0:06

Dee Coy wrote:

Wow. Dr Amaral's theories on the front page of a British newspaper. Fresh allegations that they were responsible for hiding the body. Have we seen the like since 2008?

And is it unprecedented that such detail regarding the possible method of that concealment has ever been spelled out to the British public? Has this ever happened?

Now the UK knows about the libel trial, Dr Amaral's theory, the title of his book. And not tucked away inside in a half-inch column. Screaming on the front page. And also today they've seen the MCs at their worst. All in all, not a bad day for truth-seekers. In my opinion. The timing of the cremation story and the new witnesses must be significant, surely.

What will the next couple of weeks bring?

Agree - the timing is no coincidence. Trial day - sacking the lawyer only once the McCanns had landed. Releasing Amaral's incendiary body-disposal theory into the media. Releasing information about a new witness on TV. All happening at the same time, on the same day... Deliberate for sure. Goodness knows what's next! The stakes are getting ever higher...

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.06.14 0:13

@Lance De Boils wrote:
McCann libel trial delay 'an attempt to wear us down'
8 hours ago
The trial has been postponed of a former Portuguese police chief accused of libel over comments he made about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Kate and Gerry McCann said the delay, caused by the sacking of his legal team by Goncalo Amaral, caused "more pain and distress".
Madeleine's parents had been due to explain in court how accusations in a book by the officer affected them.
They say claims they hid Madeleine's body and faked an abduction after she died in an accident damaged the search for her and exacerbated their anguish.
The trial will resume in 10 days' time.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27870998

I took the '10 days' from this. Haven't checked it's correct. Anyone?

I've seen mention of the trial having been adjourned until 8 July, LdeB.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 17.06.14 0:16

Dee Coy wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:The cremation story is front of mirror

And here is the online version:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

Extraordinary story and claim.  What is GA up to?   Part of a plan or has he lost the plot?  

Wow. Dr Amaral's theories on the front page of a British newspaper. Fresh allegations that they were responsible for hiding the body. Have we seen the like since 2008?

And is it unprecedented that such detail regarding the possible method of that concealment has ever been spelled out to the British public? Has this ever happened?

Now the UK knows about the libel trial, Dr Amaral's theory, the title of his book. And not tucked away inside in a half-inch column. Screaming on the front page. And also today they've seen the MCs at their worst. All in all, not a bad day for truth-seekers. In my opinion. The timing of the cremation story and the new witnesses must be significant, surely.

What will the next couple of weeks bring?

I'm undecided about the Mirror article. Too many inaccuracies: "Amaral, sacked after botching the initial hunt for Madeleine" - He wasn't sacked.

"He suggested the McCanns hid her body in the woman’s coffin at Praia da Luz catholic church – which they had a key for – a month after she vanished in 2007." - Mirror making G.A.'s claims sound so far-fetched that readers will laugh at G.A.

Amaral added: “The mystery will only end when the McCann couple are no longer being protected. Only then will we understand the truth.” - Good bit

Heart doctor Gerry said: “We’re exasperated that the hearing has been cancelled once again at Mr Amaral’s request. This is the fourth time. - LIES

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.06.14 0:23

Oh, I know it's dressed up as negative for Amaral, but ultimately it's all there on the front page! Very intriguing.

ETA. AND I've just noticed that they've included the Luz Key - that the McCanns had the key to the church. Surely that's got to get cogs creaking in even the most rusty of apathetic brains?

Perhaps  pray2 .

Back to top Go down

Post by heinzbeanz on 17.06.14 0:27

I have a question. 
When Gerry and then Kate said GA has done this 'four times'..... is that true? 

I cannot find mention of GA postponing anything when they have arrived in portugal for the trial, except obviously  today. 
Also it really irks me that Kate said 'about four times'. Either it is four times or it isn't.  That's what got me pondering this matter. 

Thanks

heinzbeanz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 17.06.14 0:31

@heinzbeanz wrote:I have a question. 

I cannot find mention of GA postponing anything when they have arrived in portugal for the trial, except obviously  today. 
Also it really irks me that Kate said 'about four times'. Either it is four times or it isn't.  That's what got me pondering this matter. 

Thanks

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I believe in the last few days I have read here the M's have delayed the trial once (at the beginning?) and also asked for the judgment to be delayed till September?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post soon.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 17.06.14 0:33

Dee Coy wrote:Oh, I know it's dressed up as negative for Amaral, but ultimately it's all there on the front page! Very intriguing.

It sure is DC. "Maddie Coffin Outrage" is horrible but if it directs more people to the truth, that's good. If the Mirror are really trying to get the truth out they should ditch the "disgraced Detective Goncalo Amaral"

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 17.06.14 0:39

Just a thought before bed. Did you notice the undisguised emotion shown in the faces and voices of both Kate and Gerry today? Genuine, unmistakeable and intense feelings were being shown. And now compare that to what the world saw in the hours and days immediately following poor Maddie's disappearance.... No comparison is there?  ppcorn 

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom on 17.06.14 0:48

@missmar1 wrote:
@nglfi wrote:I'm still a bit in shock if I'm honest that Goncalo has come out with this information about the coffin scenario. He is not a serving police officer, and these are serious allegations.  Surely what we are entering now is endgame, for sure. I don't think Amaral  would be as silly as to throw it all away when he was clearly on the verge of winning.  He must have some knowledge of what is about to happen, which is why he also mentioned the second sighting of Gerry on the beach. I have faith that, as Gerry says, this is part of a strategy. It will be fascinating to see what happens over the next ten days.

I dont think for one minute that Mr Amaral would make himself a target for another libel ( coffin scenario ) unless he was very certain of his claims - he has waited many years for this trial and I dont believe he would jeopardise his chances of winning at this very crucial time. I believe he knows exactly what he is doing and for what ends.... 
Btw, am still thinking about the odd remark Gerry Mccann came out with today :  " seriously injured"  ?    I have never heard him say that before in all the years he has commented on his missing child ...

agreed 
Maybe Gerry stating that there is no proof that Madeleine has been "seriously injured" is worried there may be NEW proof and worried that NEW proof could be linked to him? IIRC, they recently stated they are being kept up to date on the case. Erm, new evidence may have been found? Amaral's latest info regarding the church may be hitting too close to the truth for some? The parents being so defensive makes them seem rather guilty and Amaral being dismissive seems very truthful. In my opinion (all of the above). Still hoping Maddie is found safe and well...

Loving Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 17.06.14 0:49

candyfloss wrote:

Sorry for long quoting but I just wonder if the above has anything to do with this.........

PDL at Dawn thread

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1618-pdl-and-dawn?highlight=dawn

Thank you so much candyfloss. I've been wracking my brain all afternoon for when I first read this. I've been googling for the last hour but used early hours instead of Dawn and got nowhere.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 17.06.14 0:55

@Bishop Brennan wrote:Just a thought before bed.  Did you notice the undisguised emotion shown in the faces and voices of both Kate and Gerry today?  Genuine, unmistakeable and intense feelings were being shown.   And now compare that to what the world saw in the hours and days immediately following poor Maddie's disappearance....    No comparison is there?    ppcorn 

Yep. There was an outrage today from the McCanns. A stark contrast to their demeanor in the days after her "abduction". Today they were beaten at their own game.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 17.06.14 0:58

@Bishop Brennan wrote:Just a thought before bed.  Did you notice the undisguised emotion shown in the faces and voices of both Kate and Gerry today?  Genuine, unmistakeable and intense feelings were being shown.   And now compare that to what the world saw in the hours and days immediately following poor Maddie's disappearance....    No comparison is there?    ppcorn 

For certain. Kate's voice was wavery with tears to start but they were tears of absolute fury.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 17.06.14 1:02

No CF MY thinking is the fisherman said "this took place"the night Maddie went missing but i can not see Gerry going around on the 3rd May drunk,i was thinking the fisherman may have got the day wrong.A drunken Gerry with a lot on his mind and drowning the loss(with a bottle of wine in his hand) of a precious one..I still believe and always will do that Gerry Mccann loved his  daughter Madeleine.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Issy on 17.06.14 1:07

I've no idea why the Mirror is getting all hot and bothered about the cremation idea, since IIRC all the newspapers reported the first mention of cremation back in 2007 when the owner of a local pet cemetery was interviewed by the police and his premises checked out. The general idea was that Madeleine might have been cremated there, but it seems the furnaces were sealed up and the business wasn't running at that time. Have the papers forgotten about this, or is the thought of Carter Ruck that makes it necessary these days to sound horrified at the very idea of discussing ways to dispose of the body in this case? Our British newspapers are just so spineless it's unbelievable.

Issy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.06.14 1:10

@HelenMeg wrote:
@nglfi wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:But why, it makes no sense, he was on the verge of winning?

As you previously told us that the issue of the Wardship could have no impact on the trial and that it had, in fact, 'collapsed, Cristobell  I'm curious to know why you have now concluded that 'he was on the verge of winning'?

No verdict was going to be handed down today and if Dr Amaral has 'fired' his lawyer at this late stage, he is highly unlikely to have done so without good reason.
Perhaps he just wants to inconvenience the McCanns by making them stay in Portugal for at least ten days while he tries to find a new lawyer. Will they stay, or go home and come back? 
If he still has contacts in the PJ and is aware they are on the verge of being charged, this could be a reason for postponement? ALL IMO.

Either way he left the court looking happy enough and they are 'furious', so I'm happy!
If they're furious then we 're all happy  laughat

I don't know Helenmeg, I feel there must have been something serious. I can't believe Dr. Amaral wanting this to drag on much longer, his life is on halt. So to stop it and have another postponement must be for a very good reason. We just don't know what yet.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 17.06.14 1:24

Did anyone else find that interview with Kate McCann on the steps of the court a bit disturbing.  Poker Face Gerry is obviously fully in control...but she was a different matter. The looks that could kill...and that non sequitir phrase "trying to stop her". Hmmm.  And the insistence on "either way"...twice. 

We've got to remember she's supposed to be a trained doctor. Almost by definition that implies some ability to control your emotions and maintain equilibrium. But she seems to lack that completely. We've seen her numb, dumb, glum, schtum...flying, flailing, blazing, off the wall and all over the place...she seems to channel emotions, rather than express them.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.06.14 1:30

@Issy wrote:I've no idea why the Mirror is getting all hot and bothered about the cremation idea, since IIRC all the newspapers reported the first mention of cremation back in 2007 when the owner of a local pet cemetery was interviewed by the police and his premises checked out. The general idea was that Madeleine might have been cremated there, but it seems the furnaces were sealed up and the business wasn't running at that time. Have the papers forgotten about this, or is the thought of Carter Ruck that makes it necessary these days to sound horrified at the very idea of discussing ways to dispose of the body in this case? Our British newspapers are just so spineless it's unbelievable.
You're right, our press is pathetic (or cornered?).

But it's not the cremation per se that's getting the clutching-the-throat-in-outrage reaction, but the scenario that a body was smuggled into another's coffin thus desecrating both funerals.

There has been similar outrage in Hull in the last couple of years regarding the funeral (that sadly wasn't) of an ex-para who died while restrained on the floor of the local police station. This really beggars belief, and has the surrealism of the Madeleine case. Google "Christopher Alder". The 'mortuary mix up' almost makes one believe someone was trying to preserve the evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.06.14 1:35

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@heinzbeanz wrote:I have a question. 

Thanks

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I believe in the last few days I have read here the M's have delayed the trial once (at the beginning?) and also asked for the judgment to be delayed till September?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post soon.

As far as I can remember, GA's lawyer was taken ill and had to go into hospital, then later on I think the lawyer's son was injured at school and he had to rush from the Court room to be with him, then the Judge postponed the case another time because she was called away on a personal matter, then the McCanns delayed because they were trying to go for an out of Court settlement with GA.

The McCanns have always been disingenuous and will twist anything to make themselves look good and others devious.

How they can blame GA for his lawyer being rushed into hospital, then his lawyer's son being injured at school, then the Judge having to deal with a personal problem is anyone's guess, but as long as it makes them look like saints, they'll say anything.  If there were 4 delays they were obviously even blaming GA for them having to try for an out of court settlement.

ETA: Then of course there was the WOC issue, which I think postponed another trial, so that could be 5 times in total.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joel27 on 17.06.14 1:49

Trying to catch up with the events of the day, have to wonder what GA is playing at. There is a doubt I just worry he is being played the new evidence of the missing woman, the coffin used as the hiding place for the body. If I recall correctly none of the papers released to date back any of that up. Now ok if there is new evidence, but if you or your friends were losing a court case and could plant a story that you know will be used by your opponent that may help discredit him would you ? The stakes in money terms are high very high.

joel27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 1:52

Postponement (s)?
KM: "And every time he postpones the case like this it brings us more pain and distress"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember THIS Kate?

7th January 2014

He (GA) did not ask for any postponement.  It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

Afterwards, Dr Isabel Duarte (McCanns lawyer) filed a document that is related to Mr Alan Pike, and (she) ASKED for a POSTPONEMENT of Tuesday's session.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT GA, asking for a postponement, but YOUR very own lawyer ID who asked for a postponement!

I noticed yesterday ID wasn't to the fore, explaining how she must have brought you pain and stress!

How much pain and distress did your own lawyer's ASKED for postponement bring you, Kate?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORGAN

"Actually, there is something worse. Vile, vicious trolls abusing the McCanns for what happened to Madeleine. Despicable people"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT did actually HAPPEN to Madeleine, Mr Morgan?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Despicable people?

Surely this can't have been tweeted by the upstanding Mr Morgan, who was sacked, and frog marched out of the Mirror Offices, when he was EDITOR, for publishing FAKED 'disgusting' photo shopped photos of 'squaddies' torturing 'suspects'?

DESPICABLE behaviour, indeed, by yourself, Mr Morgan!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KM: "We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop her that human right to be looked for"

Conveniently 'forgetting' Madeleine's 'human right' on 3rd May 2007, to be 'nourished, nurtured, secure, and unconditionally loved' by her mother and father.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally: Yesterdays 'performance' in Lisbon WAS,

"ALL about the money, money, money
                  Er
We need your money, money, money
                 and
We just wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the Price Tag.

Was all about the (ha) Ka-Ching Ka-Ching.
               Er
And the (yeah) Ba-Bling Ba-Bling"

Dosen't even need to photoshopped!

Ok really FINALLY:

Ain't the 'elite' Met Police 'quiet'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by End on 17.06.14 2:42

@DurhamGuy1967 wrote:The sacking of the lawyer is an obvious delaying tactic. 

It coincides with the Cremation story and the McCanns were not happy. The McCanns wanted it postponed till Sept but the Judge overruled it. I believe they were told they would have to attend the court so travelling to Portugal would be bad enough let alone if it were a wasted journey so they would have to do it again.

Two questions , why delay and why the last minute?

Delay?
1. He thinks he is going to loose and wants more time, hoping more evidence will come forward.
2. He thinks he is going to win but want more time for new evidence to come forward to make totally sure or to assist a criminal investigation.
3. Purely to get the McCanns to travel for what seems like a wasted journey.

Last minute?
1. To make sure the McCanns travelled to Portugal, are they under surveillance, being questioned by the PJ, is their house back home being searched?
2. To be awkward and cause the McCanns grief.

IMO anything is possible when he is likely too loose so much.

Why delay and why the last minute? .....maybe he wanted to put a wire on them.

Perhaps having them in the country together, for a change was the time to do it.

Locate their hotel. 
Get them out to the Courthouse.
Send the boys in to wire the place.
Make both announcements at the same time (sack lawyer and deploy cremation story) all whilst both securely inside the Courthouse.

Monitor the conversation on their return, not likely to discuss it in a taxi or cafe.
Maybe even a wire in the jogging shoes, too!

I would imagine desperate measures are being resorted to now.

Has he got anything else to loose?

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 17.06.14 5:28

CM is quiet... Maybe he knows a storms brewing in PDL and his clients are not looking too good if something was found or is about to be

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum