The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Mm11

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Mm11

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Regist10

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.01.13 18:23

Are mobile phone companies actually able to access what you have written in a text message? I never knew that.

I do think a bit of bugging of conversations might have taken place.

In fact is Peter able to answer this please? Is it normal for Police to bug supsects of murder cases? I presume they would need to get a Court order. And if they couldn't get it/or couldn't be bothered would they break the rules and do it to try and confirm suspicions or lead them to evidence.
Olive_Boyle

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie

Post by Guest 24.01.13 18:39

I think that's correct. The way I've understood since Adam & Eve's time [O.K. 2007 ...]: they were not allowed to introduce/use this [the transcripts of the SMS, mails, calls, etc.], because they [being too eager to get forward] didn't have permission. The Evera Court decision, as I recall it. But, of course, they all know what was in it. They just couldn't use it. Now, if this has been changed, for whatever reason [SY being privy of withheld files, maybe ...] it would be fireworks, if the courts would permit and release it after all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 24.01.13 20:47

Guido Fawkes has tweeted about the hoax photo again:

"REVEALED: Sunday Express "new Maddie photo" splash actually refers to old photo used by BBC to report Ibiza bomb scare http://guyfawk.es/10B4Cdj "

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/294545560298479617

I wonder why the sudden interest Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 82678
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 21:08

Just read this from 'annonymous' which is no.15 in the comments on Joana's blog..........

Also, I understand Amaral is presently collaborating with the famous American criminal profiler Pat Brown, on THE DEFINITE BOOK on the case, which is bound to be a huge success world-wide.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/01/mccanns-ask-for-extrajudicial-settlement.html

Wonder if this is true??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 22:30

candyfloss wrote:Just read this from 'annonymous' which is no.15 in the comments on Joana's blog..........

Also, I understand Amaral is presently collaborating with the famous American criminal profiler Pat Brown, on THE DEFINITE BOOK on the case, which is bound to be a huge success world-wide.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/01/mccanns-ask-for-extrajudicial-settlement.html

Wonder if this is true??
Yes, I've read about that some days/weeks before. Will try and find the link.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 24.01.13 22:31

candyfloss wrote:Just read this from 'annonymous' which is no.15 in the comments on Joana's blog..........

Wonder if this is true??

I hope so, have often wondered about Pat since her trip to PDL.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 22:36

It was months ...

Pat Brown, September 8, 2012:

"My literary agent and I are working to
secure a publisher for a book which would be a collaboration between myself and
Dr. Amaral bringing in all the issues of the case before a larger audience
without the stranglehold the British press and Carter Ruck. I want the public
worldwide to understand the truth about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
and the impact this case has had on the world of missing children."

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 23:14

Châtelaine wrote:It was months ...

[url=http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html
http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html[/quote[/url]]

Wow, thanks for finding that Chatelaine, I don't think I had seen it before.Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 636506
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.01.13 3:33

monkey mind wrote:
That will tell us much for I feel sure pressure will be brought for Grange to be wound down soon. They may even, probably do know the time frame already. I’d guess the 2 yr mark, could easily be wrong.

Anything beyond the 2-yr mark would render it a joke.
If their bust on M3's office is anything to go by, interesting time is ahead.
The spin machinery was quick to comment on that surprise visit putting a spin on it, and their spin machinery is not wheeled out for no good reason.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 25.01.13 6:21

ShuBob wrote:
david_uk wrote:
ShuBob wrote:IIRC, it was ruled that the McCanns' text messages had been obtained by the PJ without getting the right authorization and therefore, the evidence was inadmissible. Does anyone know if, say, SY can get their hands on the same evidence perhaps from the phone company? I think it'll be a travesty if the phone records of all the tapas group don't form part of the evidence.

So the transcripts of the text messages exist and the PJ have them, but have not released them because they where not permitted. yes?. ooh I would love to read them, wouldn't you

It would appear the PJ did not get the correct authorization to access the messages from the Portuguese authorities so were ordered to destroy them Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 1255849920

I remember when this happened thinking how utterly ridiculous. What if the answer to the who thing was there on a phone, but because of some dippy judge, the chance of solving has been lost?

ALSO, it makes you wonder WHO had messaged who - was there someone on there that has a D notice for example, you never know with this case, the coincidences and interferences couldn't get any weirder if they tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 25.01.13 6:26

candyfloss wrote:

[url=http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html
http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html[/quote[/url]]

Wow, thanks for finding that Chatelaine, I don't think I had seen it before.Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 636506

And herein may well lie the answer as to why the McCanns want to settle out of court with Amaral. I expect the condition they feel they can demand is "we won't sue if you promise never to write about us again" With Pat Brown being pretty well known in a country that has a population of HUNDREDS of MILLIONS, can the McCann's really risk that sort of exposure of a "thesis" they have been trying to suppress.

Say "NO" Amaral, and get thee to a publisher post haste!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 25.01.13 6:58

[quote="Smokeandmirrors"]
candyfloss wrote:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html[/quote]

And herein may well lie the answer as to why the McCanns want to settle out of court with Amaral. I expect the condition they feel they can demand is "we won't sue if you promise never to write about us again" With Pat Brown being pretty well known in a country that has a population of HUNDREDS of MILLIONS, can the McCann's really risk that sort of exposure of a "thesis" they have been trying to suppress.

Eddie
Eddie

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 25.01.13 7:00

[quote="Smokeandmirrors"]
candyfloss wrote:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/2012/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-update.html[/quote]

Just a quick post before work...

Another poster agreeing with me that the McCanns may well be intending to make some demands on Amaral
Eddie
Eddie

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 25.01.13 7:31

Believe me ed1976, I DO NOT agree with you in the way you are implying. Your implication, as I have taken in from your "comments" to date, is that Amaral will be BOUND to concede to demands by the McCanns to release him from the court case. The McCanns have done NOTHING BUT make demands for 6 years so of COURSE they are still going to demand. Whether they have any LEGAL rights to demand anything in this scenario remains to be seen. Personally, I hope Amaral gives them a two-fingered salute, goes to court and wins for a THIRD time.

What you seem to have misinterpreted throughout, (willfully I suspect) is the point that REGARDLESS of whether the gruesome twosome make any demands (as we know is their way, usually for money and attention), THEY are the ones who sought to settle out of court. You have tried to imply they have the upper hand. In this theory, you are alone.

PLEASE DO NOT quote anything from me in future or say that I agree with you when that is NOT the case. I couldn't agree less with your modus operandi if I tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto 25.01.13 8:01

[quote="ed1976"]
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Just a quick post before work...

Another poster agreeing with me that the McCanns may well be intending to make some demands on Amaral

NOT sure how the Portuguese justice system works - but as far as I know its GA that will make the demands - I have just settled a court case (in Holland) wherein the company backed down agreed to settle with me - the judge instructed the co. to pay me on MY terms! - GA will HAVE to AGREE or DISAGREE and I firmly belive he will not be "gagged"

If McCanns did indeed back down - GA demandsScotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 110921
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto 25.01.13 8:46

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-back-in-portugal/27582
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.01.13 9:16

Karen Pinto wrote:

NOT sure how the Portuguese justice system works - but as far as I know its GA that will make the demands - I have just settled a court case (in Holland) wherein the company backed down agreed to settle with me - the judge instructed the co. to pay me on MY terms! - GA will HAVE to AGREE or DISAGREE and I firmly belive he will not be "gagged"

If McCanns did indeed back down - GA demandsScotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 110921

In the context of changed situation, the mccanns being party who seek the negotiation will be begging Amaral not to counter sue them. Even settling on Amaral's terms does not preclude him from taking them to court should they breach their undertakings.

Kate said she wanted Amaral to feel fear, isnt it ironic what she wished on him she ended up with it.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 25.01.13 12:42

As I said yesterday Aiyoyo, in the cases of both GA and the McCanns, fear relates directly to truth and where you stand in relation to that truth.

Both will experience stress and worry but out of KM and GA only one can experience fear, only one.

Answers on a postcard please.....
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 25.01.13 15:27

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
ShuBob wrote: It would appear the PJ did not get the correct authorization to access the messages from the Portuguese authorities so were ordered to destroy them Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 1255849920

I remember when this happened thinking how utterly ridiculous. What if the answer to the who thing was there on a phone, but because of some dippy judge, the chance of solving has been lost?

ALSO, it makes you wonder WHO had messaged who - was there someone on there that has a D notice for example, you never know with this case, the coincidences and interferences couldn't get any weirder if they tried.

I suppose procedures have to be followed to stand a chance of having a successful prosecution. There should be exceptions though.

There was a case in the UK recently when a murder suspect led police to the body of another victim of his. He wasn't prosecuted for that murder because the arresting police didn't follow procedure. So they had a body which the suspect had led the police to but he couldn't be prosecuted for the murder Scotland Yard in Porto because of Maddie - Page 5 181230
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.01.13 15:31

I presume this is the case you mean.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9619952/Sian-OCallaghan-killer-escapes-justice-for-second-murder-after-police-blunder.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 25.01.13 15:33

That's the one Jean. Thanks.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.01.13 15:39

Jean wrote:I presume this is the case you mean.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9619952/Sian-OCallaghan-killer-escapes-justice-for-second-murder-after-police-blunder.html
Arizona - v - Miranda all over again.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 25.01.13 16:11

I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this very interesting:

"Madeleine McCann - Scotland Yard back in Portugal"

"the UK, a murder team within the Homicide and Serious Crime Command was tasked to conduct the review and is led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood"

"Meanwhile, the defamation case the McCann family launched against former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral was this week reportedly suspended by a Lisbon court.
Kate and Gerry McCann have sued Amaral for 1.2 million euros in damages, but reports stated this week the case has been put on hold due to apparent attempts by both parties to reach an out-of-court settlement"

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-back-in-portugal/27582
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.01.13 7:01

sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this very interesting:

"the UK, a murder team within the Homicide and Serious Crime Command was tasked to conduct the review and is led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood"

"Meanwhile, the defamation case the McCann family launched against former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral was this week reportedly suspended by a Lisbon court.
Kate and Gerry McCann have sued Amaral for 1.2 million euros in damages, but reports stated this week the case has been put on hold due to apparent attempts by both parties to reach an out-of-court settlement"

Posted in another thread. Hope they can agree on a reopening.

Reopening is not needed to chase down sighting leads, but will be needed for reconstruction and interviewing of main players.

If there is a need to re-question the mccanns (as suspects), arguido status will be conferred on them again so as not to prejudice their rights to fair trial.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 26.01.13 7:43

aiyoyo wrote:
sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this very interesting:

Posted in another thread. Hope they can agree on a reopening.

Reopening is not needed to chase down sighting leads, but will be needed for reconstruction and interviewing of main players.

If there is a need to re-question the mccanns (as suspects), arguido status will be conferred on them again so as not to prejudice their rights to fair trial.

As we know the McCanns have been publicly pleading for a re-opening, and SY are out there or have just returned, I really hope it is re-opened. I hope the Portugese make a statement along the lines of "We have heard your public call for the case to be re-opened and we will do so on condition of a reconstruction with you and your friends, and if you answer the 48 questions. " After all, this was a big part in why it was archived. Witnesses and suspects cannot dictate the terms of an investigation. After all this wearying time, SY, the PJ and possibly Leicester Police, should quite frankly just sort it out once and for all without protracting it any longer. It just goes on and on.

If the Mc's want discussion and public criticism to stop, they owe it to their family to answer to all the myriad inconsistencies that we, the public, and various psychologists and crime experts, have seen and heard in their interviews. Gerry's body language when asked certain questions, all the squirming, scratching and changing tack is just excruciating and blatant, we want straight answers to straight questions. Imagine having your sister go on TV repeating information about smashed shutters when the forensic evidence proves no-one but your wife had touched it? Or telling another sister it's OK to publicly state that the police had offered a plea bargain when no such thing exists in Pt legal system? It's just wrong.

They need to kick Carter Ruck to the curb as no amount of suing or wasting time and money on legals is doing their reputation any good, it's just marking them as people who seek to destroy those who won't obey them. Who do they think they are that they can dictate to [/u]anyone[u] what they will or will not deduce from published police files and their statements and publicity interviews? If their story fails to stand up to the scrutiny of the Police and THOUSANDS of observers as a believable scenario, they can blame no-one but themselves, and they have no rights to dictate terms to the public.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top