The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Mm11

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Mm11

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Regist10

Missing Tia Sharp

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing Tia Sharp

Post by The Shelfstacker 07.08.12 13:17

kinell wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Just one query though, how does he know she was 'going to the Whitgift shopping centre in Croydon' if he was 'unable to hear her...'?[/color]

That's exactly what I logged on to say!

Having read the reports so far, from various sources, my feeling is that the police already have an 'arguido' in their sights. I'm being gender-specific.
The Shelfstacker
The Shelfstacker

Activity : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 07.08.12 16:04

[size=9][size=12]

]quote="tigger"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9457291/Family-fears-missing-Tia-Sharp-has-been-abducted.html

...'Relations said Tia told Mr Hazell she was catching the bus into Croydon and left the house alone at about midday. She has not been seen since.
However, Mr Hazell told his sister, Sarah Parratt, and his father, Keith Hazell, that he had walked with her to the tram station but was unsure whether she boarded a tram.' unquote

They've got the T shirts! The Fund can't be far off... Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 181747 [/quote]

Wasn't Mr Hazell also doing the hoovering so he didn't hear what Tia said when she went out. How could he be doing the hoovering and walk her to the tram station at the same time, or have I missed something.

Tia also only had £10 on her apparently, where I live the bus fare for 2 or 3 stops is about £2.50, so that's £5.00 just for the bus fare which doesn't leave much change to buy flipflops.

As Tia went out at midday Friday and the family had printed T-shirts on on the news this morning (or they could have been wearing them yesterday, I didn't notice), how come they got them printed so quickly. If they ordered them on-line on Friday night, seeing that they had the weekend in the middle (do T-shirt printing companies work on Sunday) that only leaves say Saturday and part of Monday to get them printed and delivered to the family by this morning.

I hope the police haven't overlooked all these discrepancies.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 07.08.12 16:44

I read somewhere that the T shorts were homemade.

if true, it would explain the speed of production.

I also think there may be services where you can take along a picture and the shop puts it on a Tshirt and you collect in a couple of hours. Putting a picture on a T shirt isn't rocket science with the equipment available today.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.08.12 16:53

pauline wrote:I read somewhere that the T shorts were homemade.

if true, it would explain the speed of production.

I also think there may be services where you can take along a picture and the shop puts it on a Tshirt and you collect in a couple of hours. Putting a picture on a T shirt isn't rocket science with the equipment available today.

Very true they can be done quickly. On the news flash that I saw of the candle lit vigil there were a number of people wearing them, now who funded these, if few, printed tee shirts?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.08.12 17:14

Who needs 'missing people charity' for this? The police is doing their job as only they know how.
This is a genuinely missing person, not a girl who's run away from home - otherwise she'd surely have at least her bus pass with her.

I agree that the t-shirt can be done in minutes in various outlets. But a candle vigil is pretty tacky - she's not declared dead after all. All this second hand emotion is extremely distasteful especially when done in public. Burning candles at home, in church fine. Getting your picture taken wearing the t-shirt, holding a candle and posing for the papers is beyond tacky.

Incidentally I read somewhere that her 'granddad' is 37? Not substantiated I hasten to add.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.08.12 17:20

tigger wrote:Who needs 'missing people charity' for this? The police is doing their job as only they know how.
This is a genuinely missing person, not a girl who's run away from home - otherwise she'd surely have at least her bus pass with her.

I agree that the t-shirt can be done in minutes in various outlets. But a candle vigil is pretty tacky - she's not declared dead after all. All this second hand emotion is extremely distasteful especially when done in public. Burning candles at home, in church fine. Getting your picture taken wearing the t-shirt, holding a candle and posing for the papers is beyond tacky.

Incidentally I read somewhere that her 'granddad' is 37? Not substantiated I hasten to add.

I agree tigger, it is the Princess Di cryfest again. Nothing wrong with quietly entering a church and lighting a candle, I have done that many times for n=many reasons, but it is a personal thing, not a photo opportunity, or shouldn't be imo. yes support the family, take some flowers, pop in for a cuppa, offer to do the supermarket shop, whatever will help the family, but these have been media events and it is tacky imo.
And yes the 'Grandad' is 37, he is the 'step Grandad'

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.08.12 17:20

Interesting how Bruntie is making it very clear that the family are still the focus. I wonder why he has finally come to realise that the family is always the focus.
I do hope they let them have a press conference.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.08.12 17:22

The "granddad" is her grandmother's partner, not her biological grandfather, so yes his age could well be 37.

I'm just wondering when it became the norm in missing person cases for T-shirts with photos and messages to be printed in record time and worn even by people with no connection to whoever is missing.

Did it happen with the Soham girls?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.08.12 17:49

One of the other things that bothers me is all that boll***s of the candelit vigil where they walked the alleged route from her last alleged leaving the house to the alleged bus stop where she allegedly caught an alleged bus, wearing the official authorised T shirt and carrying the official authorised candle.

Led by... the grand mother's boyfriend. Who was allegedly the last person to see her alive and who has given all the vital information of here last movements, even though he can have absolutely no idea of what she did after she allegedly left the house.

Watch and wait. Keep your eyes on the family. Don't absolutely exclude anything else just yet, but don't take your eyes off the family for an instant.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.08.12 18:19

I already pictured you checking out the TV appeal, Petermac.
Perhaps there's already a shrine started at the bus station, or the tram stop - be interesting to know when she was reported missing exactly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.08.12 18:34

Jean wrote:The "granddad" is her grandmother's partner, not her biological grandfather, so yes his age could well be 37.

I'm just wondering when it became the norm in missing person cases for T-shirts with photos and messages to be printed in record time and worn even by people with no connection to whoever is missing.

I cannot remember re the Soham girls Jean, but certainly in the Mathews case they wore them.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.08.12 18:42

AskTheDogsSandra wrote:Is Kate McCann doing anything about this young girl in her role as Ambassador for Missing People?

I hear that the Sun has already offered a very good reward.

I have every confidence that Ambassador Kate will be the one find her, safe and sound. winkwink
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.08.12 18:44

Oh yes certainly in that case Nina but I was wondering about genuine instances where the parents were in no way responsible for what happened.

Here's a link to a clip of an interview with the chief executive of the Missing People charity - thank goodness he didn't send his new ambassador instead!

http://news.sky.com/story/969766/stepfathers-agony-over-missing-tia-sharp

Perhaps, as Sharon suggests, she is actively involved in the search.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.08.12 19:01

Jean wrote:Oh yes certainly in that case Nina but I was wondering about genuine instances where the parents were in no way responsible for what happened.

Here's a link to a clip of an interview with the chief executive of the Missing People charity - thank goodness he didn't send his new ambassador instead!

Well that will be a novelty.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shelfstacker 07.08.12 19:02

So, and bearing in mind we have more CCTV cameras in this country than anywhere else in the world, the last time she was recorded on CCTV was not Friday when she allegedly disappeared but Thursday. She was seen in a Co-op not far from her grandmother's house with her grandmother's partner, a non-biologically-related man of 37. Just them two.

She had gone to spend the weekend with her grandmother from her mother's house in Mitcham. Nearby but not walking distance. On the Friday it appears that she was alone in the house with the same grandmother's partner. It's interesting to note that the grandmother does not say explicitly that she saw Tia in the house on Friday, just that she was not there when the girl allegedly went out. No one else positively sighted her apart from the grandmother's partner, though I remain to be corrected if I overlooked this.

The grandmother's partner says Tia was going to the Whitgift Centre to meet some friends and buy some shoes. Yet he also says he had the hoover on and didn't hear her when she said goodbye and went out. He says he gave her £10 though quite how one could expect to buy a pair of shoes out of that escapes me, especially as her Zip Oyster card was left in the house. That card would have given her free bus travel. Without it she would have had to pay £2.30 out of her £10.

There is no logical reason for her to leave the Zip card behind especially as this trip would appear to have been planned with friends. She did not rush out of the house and forget it.

Similarly her mobile phone. She was allegedly meeting friends at the Whitgift Centre. She knew this. She would have needed her phone to liaise. That's without even considering the plausibility of any 12 year old in possession of a mobile phone during the summer holidays not having it about their person. Hers was left on charge at her grandmother's house.

Not one bus driver in the area remembers her getting on their bus. All buses have CCTV yet she appears on none. She's not on any street CCTV camera nor on any at the Whitgift Centre.

I would surmise that she has never left the immediate vicinity of the gransmother's house and I would pay close attention to the events of Thursday evening. Just my feeling.
The Shelfstacker
The Shelfstacker

Activity : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 07.08.12 19:20

Jean wrote:The "granddad" is her grandmother's partner, not her biological grandfather, so yes his age could well be 37.

Not T-shirts, though Wells wrote a book and appeared in a programme. I didn't read the book but watched the programme. I couldn't see the point frankly, as all it did was point out how well they'd coped and prospered since.

Two houses for the parents, another for the son and all through window cleaning and Mrs Wells' salary as a legal secretary? I think the book royalties and TV fees helped. There is no doubt however of their love for their little girl.

The Chapmans coped differently. They made no capital whatsoever from the loss of their daughter and have remained quiet to this day. I hope they are both well and coping with their loss, if it's ever possible to cope with the murder of your child.

Two very different ways of managing grief.

Getting back to Tia. There has been such confusion, that I wonder did anyone even notice this young girl in the chaos of their lives?

First she was wearing a yellow bandeau with her bra showing and leopard print leggings. Now it's a yellow T-shirt and jeans. The CCTV is when she went to meet her grandfather age 37, the day before? So no one knows where she was or what she was wearing. The fact that this poor child called someone of 37 her grandfather disgusts me.

There was a post on the Mail online comments this morning, since removed, from someone in Croydon who'd been doorknocked by the Police. The Police said they had no idea who saw her last.

What a sad situation when a family has no idea when a 12 year old went missing or what she was wearing, heartbreaking.

There is an outcry as to why this story is not above the Olympics? Sadly I believe the Police know, and therefore no search for a missing child.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.08.12 19:59

Jean wrote:Oh yes certainly in that case Nina but I was wondering about genuine instances where the parents were in no way responsible for what happened.

What is the actual use of this charity? The chief exec. will have to charge the charity travel money and extra time thus making more money available for him to spend which in turn will uplift the economy?
Appearing on a TV programme when the police and media have done all the work and there is plenty of publicity doesn't really count in my book. Sky news might as well have picked up anyone from the street who would be just as valid.

The police have just found a 14 year old who disappeared from her home in Banbury, not a good outcome since she committed suicide. No missing people charity got on the bandwagon there - why not?
On the whole the police seem to manage quite well without this sort of interference. No doubt when a child is found from time to time, it's often the police who have found her and the charity which can exhibit the lost child.
I notice that no details were given on the girl who was found just as Kate became ambassador. So who found her and where was it reported?

Back to top Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Empty The purpose of 'Missing People'

Post by Tony Bennett 07.08.12 20:11

tigger wrote:
What is the actual use of this charity?
The charity itself says:

Kate McCann to launch nationwide campaign to find missing people
From Wednesday 11th July, Kate McCann – in her first official role as Ambassador of the charity Missing People – will launch the biggest digital billboard campaign in British history. Organised by the Outdoor Media Centre and produced by Grand Visual, this unprecedented campaign will see a network of billboards publicise people missing across the UK.

The value of the advertising space donated by the outdoor advertising industry is estimated at over £1million, and the campaign is estimated to reach over 10 million adults during the summer months when – thanks to the Olympics – Britain will be at its busiest. New ‘OpenLoop’ technology created by Grand Visual will allow staff and volunteers at the charity Missing People to update the appeals instantly to billboards, with details of the latest high risk individuals.

The campaign will see appeals on donated digital billboards in major cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow, running across rail and underground networks, on high streets and in shopping centres.

The advertisements will include details of individual missing people, creating awareness of the new number to call for sighting – 116 000 – and harnessing the public’s help to join the search.

Kate McCann, a new Ambassador for Missing People, said:

“When your child goes missing you want the whole world to stop and join the search. Missing People, the Outdoor Media Centre and its members are providing an unprecedented opportunity to help safely reconnect missing children.

“More than 250,000 people are reported missing each year in the UK – worryingly they could fill the Olympic Stadium three times over. Thankfully, campaigns like this can play a vital part in the search. In May, two youngsters featured in the charity’s ‘Big Tweet for Missing Children’ were found safely.

“The search for Madeleine continues and I am delighted to lend my support as an Ambassador to this practical solution that gives hope to families like mine.”

Bill Wilson, Operations Director at the Outdoor Media Centre said:

“Outdoor advertising is able to reach a mass audience again and again, so it’s really the perfect medium to help the authorities find some of the missing people, whose stories are so important but too often slip under the radar.

“The Outdoor Media Centre and our members feel strongly that we can make a difference to the hundreds of thousands of families who are living each day not knowing when they’ll see their loved ones again.”

Neil Morris, Founder and Managing Director of Grand Visual, the production and creative technology company supporting the campaign commented:

The Digital Out of Home market is now at a stage where it can really deliver on its key strengths - its ability to react in real-time with relevant copy to a broadcast audience.

“It is the perfect platform for the Missing People’s Initiative – allowing the charity to manage and deliver this impactful campaign from their desktop computer and publish it instantly to a nationwide audience.”

To find out more visit
www.missingpeople.org.uk/kate. Give £3 to the charity by texting SEARCH to 70990

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 07.08.12 20:16

I'm guessing, and I hope I'm wrong, is that Tia was last seen by her family on Thursday, not Friday. For teenagers that sleep in half the day it's more than possible.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.08.12 20:20

Missing People lists its Trustees.

Here's one of them:

Chris Rollings

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Chris-rollings%201Chris Rollings is a Chief Superintendent with Leicestershire Constabulary. For the last 10 years he has been in charge of missing persons for the Force, introducing a computerised missing persons system in 2002, and a new way of working with local authority partners whereby the top 10 missing persons were reviewed regularly.

Following an inspection in 2007 Leicestershire Constabulary were the only police force in the country to receive an ‘excellent’ rating for missing persons investigation. Chris’ role quickly developed into a more national focus and he assisted in the introduction of Child Rescue Alert across the country. Chris currently chairs the East Midlands Regional Missing Persons Group and a National police group of 23 Forces using the same computer system. He has a passion for improving the investigation and management of Missing Persons cases.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 07.08.12 20:28

Tigger said;

"I notice that no details were given on the girl who was found just as Kate became ambassador. So who found her and where was it reported?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

At least one day before they took the credit. Unless it was a minute after midnight.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 2 Empty Disgruntled

Post by Tony Bennett 07.08.12 20:31

A video of a rather disgruntled stepfather of Tia Sharp is here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9457291/Tia-Sharps-mother-talks-of-heartbreak-as-police-search-woods.html

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 07.08.12 20:41

Tony Bennett wrote:A video of a rather disgruntled stepfather of Tia Sharp is here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9457291/Tia-Sharps-mother-talks-of-heartbreak-as-police-search-woods.html

Is that a beer can he's holding in his hand? no doubt necessary to cope with the stress of losing his 'little girl.'

Also note in one of the articles that the mother said Tia spent every weekend with her gran and grans boyfriend. Isn't that odd? To visit her every weekend, OK, but to stay all weekend every weekend..? Was there a problem at home? or is this yet again sloppy journalism?
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 07.08.12 20:44

Mrs Sharp, 46, a care worker, left Tia with her boyfriend Stuart Hazell, 37, when she went to work on Friday morning.
Relations said Tia told Mr Hazell she was catching the bus into Croydon and left the house alone at about midday. She has not been seen since.

However, Mr Hazell told his sister, Sarah Parratt, and his father, Keith Hazell, that he had walked with her to the tram station but was unsure whether she boarded a tram.
“He’s beside himself,” Mrs Parratt said. “He was the last person to see her and he just doesn’t know what has happened.
“He said he almost went into town with her but it would have been too busy. He gave her £11 to buy some flip-flops and left her to it. He thinks the world of her and treats her like his own daughter. Tia spends every weekend with Stuart and her gran.”
Keith Hazell said: “I spoke to Stuart this morning. He said he had walked her to the tram but then what happened?”

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.08.12 20:45

I think that this charity could do more harm than good in some, if not most cases.

When an adult goes missing it is often out of choice and for a multitude of reasons, many may not want to be found, having made new lives for themselves. What right does a charity or anyone else have to put up posters and banners, exposing these people who know exactly who they are, where they came from and how to get in touch if they really want to. If an adult was suffering from some mental or emotional problems, that information would be passed onto the police and obviously the case would be treated with more urgency. Again, posters and banners may frighten a disturbed person.

In the case of a missing child the police are involved, is it really a good idea to interfere by creating such publicity? If a child was abducted it would force the abductor to go to ground hiding the child even further away or even worse to harm the child. To interfere in the case of a missing 12 year old after just 4 days seems very wrong, even if she had not been abducted it sends out a clear message to all paedophiles that this little girl is out there alone and very vunerable.

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top