The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Smithman theory - Page 5 Mm11

Smithman theory - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Smithman theory - Page 5 Mm11

Smithman theory - Page 5 Regist10

Smithman theory

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 15.05.24 11:42

People in the Millenium reported hearing the commotion before 22:00 as well.

Before, during or after the Alert if Gerry was ‘Smithman’ he had to have been away from the OC. Unless the Smiths were told to change the time of their sighting?

Only one Answer fits.

Which?

21:30 to 22:00 or 22:00 - 22:30?
Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Paddingtom 15.05.24 11:47

crusader wrote:I'm bemused as to why the Smith sighting is so derided, I've never doubted they were telling the truth.

Crusader, The reason the Smith sighting is so contentious is because it has got far reaching implications.


As I said previously, it matters to RDH because it does not fit in with his theory.


It matters to the Portugese police because the Smiths are their star witnesses.


It matters to Team Mccann because it blew up all their plans:


They had got their patsy: Murat. Many of the team Mccann agreed it was him and Goncalo, in his book admitted that the “profilers” agreed he was a good candidate. It would go to kangaroo court, he would be convicted and we would have all forgotten about it within the year.


But the Smiths rocked up and said “Its not him”.


After desperately trying to bury the Smith sighting and being unable to they had to reluctantly accept that promoting Murat was untenable now. The Smiths had put a spanner in the works that they couldnt get out. There was no point pursuing it.


So, they had their secret meetings to confirm the abandonment of operation Patsy1 and decided the best thing they could do in the circumstances was to try and get as much control of the Smiths as possible and try to influence their future statements to sound less like Gerry.


Meanwhile the search for patsy2 began.


However, the media loved the extra revenue from sales of their papers. The Mccanns loved the extra revenue from donations by the public. The “private Investigators” loved the extra revenue from chasing their tails.....the list goes on.......so noone was in a hurry to bring an end to it....


However, all good things must come to an end and eventually it was decided that enough was enough and a serious search for Patsy2 began.


Christian B turns up. Mr Smith recently stated that he didnt recognise Christian B but no-one had asked his opinion.


I wonder why that is? Perhaps because it didnt go well last time they asked for your opinion did it?
Paddingtom
Paddingtom

Posts : 50
Activity : 52
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2024-04-28

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Paddingtom 15.05.24 11:52

Silentscope wrote:People in the Millenium reported hearing the commotion before 22:00 as well.

Before, during or after the Alert if Gerry was ‘Smithman’ he had to have been away from the OC. Unless the Smiths were told to change the time of their sighting?

Only one Answer fits.

Which?

21:30 to 22:00 or 22:00 - 22:30?
The police retrieved the Smiths bar bill .....If I remeber correctly it placed them at the scene at 22.00 ish....they couldnt change the time of their sighting...the evidence proved it.
Paddingtom
Paddingtom

Posts : 50
Activity : 52
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2024-04-28

Silentscope likes this post

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by shirleytemple 15.05.24 13:37

Cake Lover wrote:A different child being used at one point is not impossible; the girls were described as 'all blonde, all pretty'.
Yes, how the Smith version fits.  Two different little blonde girls theory  i would never have thought of it.
avatar
shirleytemple

Posts : 8
Activity : 12
Likes received : 4
Join date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 15.05.24 22:08

Paddingtom wrote:
Silentscope wrote:People in the Millenium reported hearing the commotion before 22:00 as well.

Before, during or after the Alert if Gerry was ‘Smithman’ he had to have been away from the OC. Unless the Smiths were told to change the time of their sighting?

Only one Answer fits.

Which?

21:30 to 22:00 or 22:00 - 22:30?
The police retrieved the Smiths bar bill .....If I remeber correctly it placed them at the scene at 22.00 ish....they couldnt change the time of their sighting...the evidence proved it.

Either the whole group did not order very many Drinks, or the Drinks are very cheap there!
€8 or €5 were the last three Transactions before 22:00.
Everything was paid Cash.
Not Card.
No one remembers the Group being there.
Not enough for me, sorry.
Larger sums were printed on the Reciepts later that evening which would be more consistent with a large Group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by sharonl 15.05.24 23:18

thinking

The times of these receipts seem to be:

21:46
21:49
21;50
22:16
22:24

and they all say bar * 1

are we to believe that the family all went to the bar separately within minutes of each other?

If they drinks were paid for in cash, why is "Caixa" showing on the receipts? Isn't this a Portuguese bank?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Posts : 8568
Activity : 11207
Likes received : 1397
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 15.05.24 23:27

Caixa translated simply means box it is also a financial institution or cash box.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by sharonl 15.05.24 23:34

It also looks like the bar may have been quiet at the time.

The receipts are numbered 57 - 61  inclusive so the Smiths (if it were them) must have been the only people served between 21:46 and 22:24
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Posts : 8568
Activity : 11207
Likes received : 1397
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 15.05.24 23:49

5 receipts in half an hour is not much for sure, so yes, it does seem there was not a lot of people about.
And they do all look like single drinks being bought.
21 -50 then a gap until 22-16 and the Smiths were out of there somewhere around 10pm.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 16.05.24 7:59

Or so they say.

No large amounts of Drinks seem to have been served to a large group and paid for before the appointed time 22:00 when they left to meet Smithman.

The last large Transaction was at 21:39 for €13,75.

No one used a Bank card which could have been traced to the Smiths.

As I said, not enough Independent proof that they were really there until 22:00. The only reason I can think of is that the Smiths paid at 21:39 for their Drinks, took 20 minutes to consume them, then left around 22:00.

An important time for the British, as the Polls were closing in the U.K. and a Child was to be reported missing at exactly the same time?

All just a coincidence?





Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 16.05.24 8:36

There is another scenario not yet considered,
Aoife said they left Dolphin restaurant around 9:30, so it's not impossible that the bar bill at 20:28 for 24:50 was their bill.
She said they were in Kelly's bar around 30 minutes.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Paddingtom 16.05.24 8:39

Whats all this about the election?  I dont know this connection....apologies if its all been discussed before, but can you please tell me the gist of what the theory is please?
Paddingtom
Paddingtom

Posts : 50
Activity : 52
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2024-04-28

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 16.05.24 8:50

It was only local elections I believe, not a general election.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 16.05.24 9:22

The Dolphin Restaurant is only 50 Metres away from Kelly’s Bar so it would not take 5 minutes to walk. Even with small Children in tow.

Who paid how much and when was worthy of deeper investigation.

The Smiths could not have paid €24,50 in Kelly’s at 20:28 because they were still eating in the Dolphin Restaurant at that time, or?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the Theory about 22:00 is that the McCanns had already made contact or been contacted by the U.K. government because they had been informed that a Death had occurred, which was going to be covered up.
The Parents planned to or were told to make the Case for an Abduction in the Mainstream Media and the Government did not want the Election overshadowed in the Press. The Election was more important to the Government than a missing person.

Therefore the Abduction Alert was ordered / to be made at 22:00 after the Polling Stations closed. It was not a General Election issue as Crusader rightly stated, but who was being Elected to where might give us some Clues.

The Sighting of ‘Smithman’ could have been made on the way TO Kelly’s 21:40 and not after leaving it around 22:00?
If ‘Smithman’ was Gerry then either the times are wrong, or have been changed to suit a purpose by someone.

Because no one person can be at the Tapas Table, and running through PDL at the same point in time.

Either:
The time of raising the Alert is wrong.
Or the Sighting of the Smith’s is wrong.
If Gerry really was ‘Smithman’!
Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Cake Lover 16.05.24 9:27

I can't visualise  Gerry McCann asking one of his friends to carry his deceased daughter around, or that friend saying 'Of course I will'. I'm pretty sure none of his mates would oblige, unless they are really stupid. So, it would have to be Gerry McCann pretending to be the 'abductor' imo. That's rather a simple view, but I can't imagine any other scenario.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Posts : 1083
Activity : 1093
Likes received : 10
Join date : 2024-02-13

crusader and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 16.05.24 10:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Aha, I see your point now, thanks.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 16.05.24 10:10

Ignore my last post, I got the timings completely wrong.
Silentscope is right, the Smiths bill could be the one at 
21:39, because Aoife said they left the Dolphin restaurant at 9-30.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 16.05.24 10:14

The McCanns like Dr.Who but even they do not have a Time Machine!

TARDIS
Time
And
Relative
Dimensions
In
Space

Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Paddingtom 17.05.24 7:56

It would indeed appear that you cant be in two places at once. Ive just found this little nugget from Goncalo's book:

It does not matter whether, at the time of the sighting by Martin S.'s family, the father of the child was in fact dining in the restaurant of the complex. The employees of the restaurant, Svetlana S. and Joaquim B., claim that the father was absent for more than thirty minutes, but their testimony was not considered relevant.”

Or perhaps it was a bit too relevant for comfort....

Ive also found out that the Portugese police told the Smiths not to discuss their sighting in accordance with Portugese law.

As we know, team Mccann took no notice of Portugese law and proceeded to talk to anyone and everyone but the Smiths, as law abiding citizems, abided by this request which would explain their refusal to engage with RDH when he tried to question them,

We know from the files describing the events surrounding the taking of the Smiths statements, that the Irish police specifically stated

He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor's letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.

I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.”


Unfortunately it seems that he was eventually pursuaded to “help” Team Mccann, but as his family stated, they were keen to do anything they could to help and you cannot expect them to have been able to distinguish between genuine officials trying to solve the case and fake officials trying to hinder it....... wouldnt you trust that the parents were desperate to find their lost child?
Paddingtom
Paddingtom

Posts : 50
Activity : 52
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2024-04-28

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 17.05.24 8:07

"It does not matter whether, at the time of the sighting by Martin S.'s family, the father of the child was in fact dining in the restaurant of the complex. The employees of the restaurant, Svetlana S. and Joaquim B., claim that the father was absent for more than thirty minutes, but their testimony was not considered relevant.” 

And we have Jane Tanner Backing this up in her statement.
Kate was moaning that Gerry had been gone ages, probably watching football.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Silentscope 17.05.24 8:35

Was that the more than thirty minutes after meeting Jez W to the time of raising the Alarm by Kate perhaps?

No wonder Tanner was so keen to have seen Madeleine being Abducted before Gerry could be suspected by the PJ.

THERE WAS NO FOOTBALL ON THAT NIGHT.

Four days after Madeleine disappeared, Mr Wilkins sat with detectives and gave a statement.
He drew a map which showed police where he remembered he had met Gerry, stood and chatted for several minutes.
The 'X' marked by Mr Wilkins was the same place Mrs Tanner claimed to have seen the men.
Nine.com.au has repeatedly contacted Mr Wilkins and Mrs Tanner for comment but neither have responded.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silentscope
Silentscope

Posts : 2559
Activity : 2656
Likes received : 103
Join date : 2020-06-30

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 17.05.24 8:41

That's right, the football was on the night before, so I'm now thinking something happened to Madeleine on the 2nd of May and not the 3rd.
I've never been fully sure about Jez Wilkins either, I'm not saying he wasn't talking to Gerry on the 3rd though.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Cake Lover 17.05.24 8:43

crusader wrote:"It does not matter whether, at the time of the sighting by Martin S.'s family, the father of the child was in fact dining in the restaurant of the complex. The employees of the restaurant, Svetlana S. and Joaquim B., claim that the father was absent for more than thirty minutes, but their testimony was not considered relevant.” 

And we have Jane Tanner Backing this up in her statement.
Kate was moaning that Gerry had been gone ages, probably watching football.
Do you know who decided that the testimonies of Svetlana S. and Joaquim B were not relevant? Was it the British interference, who investigated the case 'as though it had happened in England',  where the two witnesses could not have been? I  would be surprised if Goncalo Amaral had made that decision.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Posts : 1083
Activity : 1093
Likes received : 10
Join date : 2024-02-13

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by crusader 17.05.24 8:51

I was quoting from Silentscope's post, perhaps he will know.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 5408
Activity : 5724
Likes received : 310
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smithman theory - Page 5 Empty Re: Smithman theory

Post by Cake Lover 17.05.24 8:54

Ok, thanks.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Posts : 1083
Activity : 1093
Likes received : 10
Join date : 2024-02-13

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum