The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by fossey 12.06.14 9:07

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
scrants wrote:
ProfessorPPlum wrote:I cannot believe that this forum, so critical of the comment-whooshing of the pro-McCanns has deleted a link to the latest Blacksmith bureau for the simple reason that they have critical and 'rude' to this forum in the past! I've just read the Blacksmiths piece and absolutely agree with earlier poster on here that it is an excellent summary. To 'ban' it, to censor it out of this forum reduces this forum to the level of the OFM Facebook page that we love to criticise all the time. Please reconsider your approach on this and show you are above mere criticism.
I totally agree.  It's petty behaviour.  He holds differing views to some and in my opinion hasn't been rude, just honest about what he thinks.

Perhaps we could have a poll on whether to ban Blacksmith links.  I've no doubt that it will return a result in favour of banning Blacksmith but it might be a nice idea to let the members decide, seeing as the reason given for the ban is that the members were insulted by him/them.  Otherwise, I might start to suspect that the reason for the ban was because of insults to one person in particular, and not the general membership of the forum.

My personal opinion is that the ban doesn't achieve anything as many posters here still read Blacksmith, we're still allowed to discuss Blacksmith, just not post a link to it.  It doesn't bother me personally as I will continue to read that blog links or not, but I fear that the ban firstly justifies his criticism, and secondly puts us on a par with the censorship of the pro-McCann world.  Weren't people upset that the mainstream media didn't show all of that graffiti yesterday?  Well folks, that's exactly what we're doing here.  Half of a picture equals half of a story, indeed.
Well said WLBTS. Totally agree.

Blacksmith's latest (yesterday) is a very good one and IMO should be seen by all members of this forum.

Does it really matter that they at the Bureau and Tony Bennett don't get on.
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 31 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by plebgate 12.06.14 9:08

The owner of this site has decided that BS links are not allowed.  Good enough for me.

Of course those who want links to blogs could always open their own site and post as many links as they like.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by cassius 12.06.14 9:10

scrants wrote:
ProfessorPPlum wrote:I cannot believe that this forum, so critical of the comment-whooshing of the pro-McCanns has deleted a link to the latest Blacksmith bureau for the simple reason that they have critical and 'rude' to this forum in the past! I've just read the Blacksmiths piece and absolutely agree with earlier poster on here that it is an excellent summary. To 'ban' it, to censor it out of this forum reduces this forum to the level of the OFM Facebook page that we love to criticise all the time. Please reconsider your approach on this and show you are above mere criticism.
I totally agree.  It's petty behaviour.  He holds differing views to some and in my opinion hasn't been rude, just honest about what he thinks.

Perhaps we could have a poll on whether to ban Blacksmith links.  I've no doubt that it will return a result in favour of banning Blacksmith but it might be a nice idea to let the members decide, seeing as the reason given for the ban is that the members were insulted by him/them.  Otherwise, I might start to suspect that the reason for the ban was because of insults to one person in particular, and not the general membership of the forum.

My personal opinion is that the ban doesn't achieve anything as many posters here still read Blacksmith, we're still allowed to discuss Blacksmith, just not post a link to it.  It doesn't bother me personally as I will continue to read that blog links or not, but I fear that the ban firstly justifies his criticism, and secondly puts us on a par with the censorship of the pro-McCann world.  Weren't people upset that the mainstream media didn't show all of that graffiti yesterday?  Well folks, that's exactly what we're doing here.  Half of a picture equals half of a story, indeed.
Well said all the above posters.
cassius

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 12.06.14 9:11

Justformaddie wrote:Is it strange that reports of all these different suspects come out as in who they're wanting to trace and why, in the open as TV and media, but if say, they found a blanket, toothbrush, clothes and so on, does anyone think they'd report on that? I actually don't think they would for some reason IMO
IF they DID find say a blue sports bag or maybe a pink blanket or even a toothbrush then they sure as hell would not be announcing it to the media.
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 12.06.14 9:15

With regards to the official statement mentioning 'the family', don't forget that the twins, and non scummy members of the family are still Madeleine's family.  I think it's an interesting departure from specifically saying 'Kate and Gerry' or 'the parents'. I'm also thinking of K n G's clear statement that they will not return to Portugal without Madeleine's DNA. It suggests they must have known that it is highly unlikely her DNA would be found there, but also that they were pretty scared something else would be found. I don't think either police force were looking for Madeleine's body there, just evidence of it having been there at some point and evidence of other people having been there, and disposal materials. Thinking about the male sock, it could be MSM rubbish or it could be genuine. If genuine,  it can only be of relevance if that sock was owned by someone known to Madeleine.  Otherwise it proves nothing.  There are no suspects apart from the t9 as far as we know. I'm heartened by the careful use of language in the official statement.  Nothing relating to Madeleine was found. Not nothing relating to the investigation or nothing related to those around her.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 12.06.14 9:16

fossey wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:Is it strange that reports of all these different suspects come out as in who they're wanting to trace and why, in the open as TV and media, but if say, they found a blanket, toothbrush, clothes and so on, does anyone think they'd report on that? I actually don't think they would for some reason IMO
IF they DID find say a blue sports bag or maybe a pink blanket or even a toothbrush then they sure as hell would not be announcing it to the media.
Just what I thought!  yes

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 12.06.14 9:17

fossey wrote:

No they wouldn't and there was a report that things were still at the lab the same day SY announced 'no evidence found at this time'.

I'm still intrugued as to what they found yesterday. The dogs were interested in one particular area, they cordoned off that small area, then the police used sticks and found an object which was sent away.  If the dogs are cadaver or blood dogs then surely something relating to human blood or death was found....otherwise we have to agree with the McCanns and say these dogs are always making mistakes!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 12.06.14 9:23

ChippyM wrote:
fossey wrote:

No they wouldn't and there was a report that things were still at the lab the same day SY announced 'no evidence found at this time'.

I'm still intrugued as to what they found yesterday. The dogs were interested in one particular area, they cordoned off that small area, then the police used sticks and found an object which was sent away.  If the dogs are cadaver or blood dogs then surely something relating to human blood or death was found....otherwise we have to agree with the McCanns and say these dogs are always making mistakes!
Yes, and IMO sy obviously trust these super dogs, yesterday, showed a lot of people that! Yesterday was quite strange.
To me, they knew what they were looking for, and hopefully they got it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 12.06.14 9:24

I hope this is not giving them weeks or months as they say, to further this investigation and then find someone to blame with a water tight case. Just hope whatever they come up with is the truth. As we all do.
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 12.06.14 9:24

ChippyM wrote:

The dogs never make mistakes.

I'm very much encouraged with yesterday's almost stealth like operation. They clearly had intelligence for that specific area.

IN, FOUND, OUT. 

Jobs a good un.
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.14 9:26

Are the dogs unreliable?  actions speak louder than words.  They are in great demand for a reason.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 12.06.14 9:28

cassius wrote:
scrants wrote:

Absolutely. By deleting links it implies we, the members, need 'protecting' and are being dictated to in what we can or cant read. Give us credit to read and be discerning about what we read. (If the link was deleted for another reason then apologies.)
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 12.06.14 9:29

Hope Kieth Bennett or something associated with him is found.... That's 50 years later!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 9:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:You can't have seen his foul-mouthed rants about Tony Bennett and this forum then.

He can be good at times but at others he's on a level with the most degenerate McCann supporters.

There's nothing to stop anyone from reading his blogs if they want to.

I can only repeat my earlier comment that this was the reason for the ban.

It wasn't an isolated incident - he has produced several absolutely vile outpourings about this forum.

No more  offtopic posts here please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 9:41

Justformaddie wrote:Hope Kieth Bennett or something associated with him is found.... That's 50 years later!

You're right. It will be 50 years on 16th June and today would have been Keith's birthday.

http://keithbennett.moonfruit.com

That's his family's official website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 12.06.14 9:52

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:Hope Kieth Bennett or something associated with him is found.... That's 50 years later!

You're right. It will be 50 years on 16th June and today would have been Keith's birthday.

http://keithbennett.moonfruit.com

That's his family's official website.
Poor poor child, no one should be left in that horrible place or in that horrible way  sad1  Especially children.
RIP Keith and hope u have happiness with ur mom in heaven x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 9:57

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:You can't have seen his foul-mouthed rants about Tony Bennett and this forum then.

He can be good at times but at others he's on a level with the most degenerate McCann supporters.

There's nothing to stop anyone from reading his blogs if they want to.

I can only repeat my earlier comment that this was the reason for the ban.

It wasn't an isolated incident - he has produced several absolutely vile outpourings about this forum.

No more  offtopic posts here please.    

Thank you NFWTD. Admin has made it clear that links and copied blogs are not allowed here. It is her house so to speak, and whilst in her house you abide by her rules. I am all for no censorship, and yes Blacksmith writes some excellent blogs, but his attacks on Tony and this forum were nothing short of disgusting and that is why no links are allowed. You are quite at liberty to go and read there though so let that be and end to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.06.14 10:21

The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.
-------------------------------------------------

funny shaped 'horse shoe'.

'Seemingly' UK's investigation work not 'specific enough'.

What happened to the ripping up, by JCB's, 'beach' search, flagged up 'in advance'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 12.06.14 10:26

jeanmonroe wrote:The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.

What happened to the ripping up, by JCB's, 'beach' search, flagged up 'in advance'?

What happened is that the papers exaggerated everything ...as per usual.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 12.06.14 10:33

From The portugal news yesterday,

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-mccann-police-announce-completion-of-searches/31812

"
......The two Welsh police dogs Tito and Muzzie, used in last week’s searches, were brought out again this morning and spent around an hour on the new site.

By lunchtime the police tape cordon had been removed from the second site as officers moved on to a third piece of land directly opposite, which was also promptly secured.

While “some items” have been gathered from the searches, so far “there is no apparent relation” between the items and the case, the source added."

Interesting wording about the 'items' having 'no apparent relation'.

A) They may not know if they are definitely related to the case until analysed  ... and B) There must have been some reason enough for them to pick these objects up in the first place.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 10:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-writing-is-on-the-wall.html

It means that imminent danger has become apparent.
I'll actually go one better. Right Bible story, wrong meaning on 'phrases' part. 

The most common use of the phrase is universally regarded as a 'fait accompli', a done deal, an inescapable conclusion, usually bringing something to an end. 

Belshazzar was a pagan degenerate, arrogant, violent and vile. History doesn't record him with any affection. He was actually conducting a debauched party out of his luxurious stores while outside his city and his people were under siege. His rule was divided, since he was a joint king with his father, and while he resided in Babylon elsewhere the domain was falling to the Persians. In defiance of the invading empire he partied hard, celebrated the idols of his culture, and then took it upon himself, even before his Hebrew counsellor, to call for the sacred relics of the Hebrew tabernacle which Babylon had raided, sacked and looted along with its people previously, and to proceed to use them as partyware, a profound disrespect to YHWH, the Hebrew God. While the party was still in full flow, it is suggested that in the light cast by a Hebrew temple lampstand, a hand appeared, disembodied, and wrote into the wall a kind of humorous riddle made up of terms similar to those used in the reckoning and valuing of goods. The wall in question was almost certainly covered with the tales of conquest and the glories of the empire and the king, as was common practice. And the hand effectively returned the humiliation, issuing an indelible judgement which foreshadowed the demise of king and kingdom. The inscription could be taken several ways, none of them complimentary and all of them 'stackable' or compounded. One was the slight of diminishing the king personally by use of three terms representing sequentially diminishing values, kind of like 'you think you' re something, but you're not even half something, in fact you're a fraction of something'. Another was taken as the division and succession of reign - such a suggestion of demise was certainly written by a hand that offer much hope of a noble or happy ending. Another was a merchant/valuers term sometimes used for the testing of the integrity of precious goods, which translated 'tested, weighed in the balance and found to be fallen short.' 

Contrary to the phrases account which states Belshazzar was unable to see the' warning' that others could see because he was engrossed with his wild and wickedness, the source account for this demonstrates that he saw, reacted with extreme fear, and to add insult to injury was humiliated before his court when he spontaneously messed himself. It also states that no one understood these Chaldean words, except for the Hebrew prophet Daniel, suggesting that the letters used to inscribe the words were from the ancient hebrew characters. After consulting his occultists to whom he offered great honour for an interpretation, he was reminded of his grandfather's reverence for a once honoured, now demoted Hebrew prophet, who he sends for. Daniel gives the interpretation and reminds the king that he grew up with first hand knowledge of the verity of the Hebrew God over and above Chaldean deities, and should have known better than to defame his grandfather's legacy and be profane in defiance of YHWH. No doubt temporarily contrite, the king indeed bestows the promised great honour upon Daniel and proceeds to celebrate having done so, perhaps believing that YHWH will relent judgement. Having previously declined honour at this degenerate king's hand, amazingly Daniel accepts, and is dressed in the robes of the next highest official to the king, setting him up for what would come next.  

Unbeknownst to the king, at that very moment the Persians had managed to identify an exploit the city's defences through underground tunnels connected with water courses and were in the process of taking the city from inside. Having prepared their plan during the siege, while the revelry was in full swing, the invading force very suddenly activated a diversion to the river and invaded the city from the old river channel. The king was killed in the assault by the Medes who jointly divided the Babylonian empire with the persians. 

Hence the most common use of this phrase is to denote an inescapable outcome, a done deal. 

Incidentally Babylon the city was taken in a raid led by a young Median prince called Cyrus, nephew of the Median king Darius, and Daniel was able to not only greet the conquering ruler whose Uncle effectively gave him the city for his success, having been identified from his new robes as being an honoured man with administrative authority, but was also able to show him ancient Hebrew prophecy in which YHWH predicted the fall of Babylon to Cyrus by name, long before Cyrus and his father were even born in a culture that know nothing of Hebrew prophecy. IIRC Cyrus memorialised these events on something like a carved stone cylinder which is now in the British Museum.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 10:38

HelenMeg wrote:
cassius wrote:
scrants wrote:

Absolutely. By deleting links it implies we, the members, need 'protecting' and are being dictated to in what we can or cant read. Give us credit to read and be discerning about what we read. (If the link was deleted for another reason then apologies.)
 thumbup
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.06.14 10:41

Why do posters need a link to bs,its easy to find all by ones self.Cant understand why some posters are making a meal out of it.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 10:42

jeanmonroe wrote:The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.

IIRC SY stated that the dogs would scan an area, and if they were disinterested, it seems so were SY unless the location was specifically earmarked for attention which was not related to anything the dogs would detect (perhaps burial of connected items uncontaminated by blood or cadaverine).
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 12.06.14 10:46

ChippyM wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:I really think they would still be out there  until Friday sniffing around  looking like they were on the job but as soon as this unease came up they decided  this afternoon to come home . Imo  it is nothing but a con,  whitewash,  waste of money etc etc.

You really think they 'just decided' to go home on a whim?

The police statement said there is more activity planned.  It seems they can't win because if they had been on that site till Friday, there would be people saying 'what's taking them so long, they have no idea' etc.  If they are following some kind of plan people say 'why have they gone so soon'.

Yes afraid I do
Senior officers said the searches were the ‘first phase’ of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine, who was three when she went missing in Praia da Luz in May 2007, and more activity will ‘commence shortly’.
This could include the arrest of a handful of suspects who detectives suspect may be able to cast fresh light on the notorious case.
The announcement came just hours after graffiti was daubed in large orange letters on a brick wall opposite one of the search areas.
Written in Portuguese, the misspelled message translated as: ‘Maddie’s parents killed her. English police are stupid!’Written in Portuguese, the misspelled message translated as: ‘Maddie’s parents killed her. English police are stupid!’

ad more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654890/Police-Madeleine-McCann-search-begin-combing-new-patch-scrubland-today-near-went-missing-seven-years-ago.html#ixzz34PtTCvqC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top