The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Regist10

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by aiyoyo 08.01.14 13:22

bobbin wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:It's a 'blink and you miss it' segment added for no apparent reason  winkwink

Link requires post code to open, not worth submitting for something worthless.

Any expert worth her salt would not quantify degree of innocence considering subject-under-study was featured only for milliseconds.
It suggests lack of objectivity.  Someone objective is likely to afford it just general comment.
In a Court of Law her professionalism would become open book - her full qualification, experience, and her analysis would be under scrutiny either questioned or challenged.

Remember Alan Pike ?  
He counseled or evaluated (subjective)  the Mccanns for a good few years,and just ONE question from the Judge and his analysis proves waste of time.

Just another ? Coincidence ? Pike was at Manchester Metropolitan University, the same place as where the 'lying' technology is being developed ?
A playful little thought....Did he attend the McCs to guide them on how to 'evade' the developing technology, or was he sent as a 'spook' to gather info to catch them out ?
He certainly hasn't helped them to get successful mileage out of the libel case (presuming it goes to a just and legal plan and is not 'politically' sideswiped at last minute).  spin 

Pike is definitely on side with the liars.  
Personally I donn't think the Mccanns need guidance on how to lie.  They prove they're naturally professional at it.
He was just perpetuating their lies by supporting their stance first by blind belief then subsequently by becoming friends with them especially the fragrant Mrs.
Once the professional line is crossed, conflict of interests come into play, and the element of biased is introduced.

Bogus psychologist and bogus private detectives are a series of professional-less people hired to suit Mccanns agenda.
The only professional element that emits from all this is the Mccanns expertise at lying.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by gbwales 08.01.14 13:34

PeterMac wrote:I have just sent a copy to Dr Leal, for her information.

Excellent! Her acquaintance with the McCanns signals did appear to be a bit thin on the ground  yes

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 08.01.14 13:36

Dee Coy wrote:
I think you may have hit the nail on the head, here. On the tiny clip shown, where Gerry reads to describe their anguish and loss, they aren't lying. For those 30 seconds or so, they are 100% innocent of lying. They have just lost their firstborn, and are no doubt genuinely anguished and sad, regardless of anything else that happened.

That's a very good point indeed.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 08.01.14 14:29

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I didn't recognise all the people mentioned in the programme as being definitely innocent.

I was watching the mighty Sunderland in action so missed the programme..... but did Sion Jenkins get a mention at all?
No,but this maybe worth a watch.
There is a small piece on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAz5uwgp0O4
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.01.14 14:42

fao of cesspit and twitter pros who read here.

If you wish to show off by using Latin please do so correctly, it is not " ad nauseum " but " ad nauseam " Better to stick to plain English than use foreign languages incorrectly.

Dr Leal is a research fellow and you should not give her the title of Professor simply because she has a doctorate. Look down the departmental academic and research staff lists and you will see the title Professor next to those who are Professors [ a small handful in a large department] and the many Doctors amongst the large number of staff who as you would expect hold postgraduate degrees. Her title, as clearly displayed, is Doctor.

I must end on a positive note though and congratulate Pedro Silva on the dramatic improvement in his English language skills.

He has suddenly gone from calling antis " fools"  to " mindless aberrations"

Amazing  !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 08.01.14 14:44

Didn`t watch the programme, but is it possible that there were 2 versions produced depending on the outcome of the libel trial. Because it is still ongoing, they may have shown the back up version which left out the "guilty looking" clips. Maybe there will be an update later. 
What is highly irregular is for a tv broadcast to even comment on a current police investigation that asserts guilt or innocence of anyone involved. Must have broken some code or other, I would have thought.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 08.01.14 15:08

I believe it was only ITV early morning news that 'broke ranks' and reported that 'today (7th) was the last day of the trial', even when everyone else knew that it had been postponed many hours before, maybe building up to their sensational 'exclusive' that evening. 
But if there were two versions, surely the back-up would have made no mention at all and also as it was unlikely that any verdict was going to be given out yesterday if it had gone ahead, it probably doesn't make much sense, but then what does?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 15:15

I haven't had the chance to watch the full program yet, just really the clip with the MCs. It seems that it is Dr Leals opinion that the MCs are 100% innocent because GM read from a script. That he had an important list of things to remember and that having a list was not a sign of guilt.
Did she mean not a sign of guilt in this case. Or not a sign of guilt, ever.
She gave no other evidence for her opinion. Did not use any of her wonderful techiques to identify liars. Just pulled her opinion out of the sky. Where is her evidence? What research has she done on the couple?
How can a scientist make a statement of 100% certainty about anything, even less so with no evidence to back it up.
All of the techniques that are used to retrospectivly identify liars and non liars are bypassed in this one case.
He raid from a script therefore he is 100% innocent!
What absolute b*******.
She has just undermined her credibility completely.
And the question is why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.01.14 15:15

I wonder why the McCanns didn't have Dr Leal on their list of 'witnesses' for their libel trial 'evidence'

After all, they must have TOLD her they were 'innocent' which obviously she believes, implicitly.

She dosen't, it seems, need to read the PJ files, she justs KNOWS they are 100% innocent, but oddly dosen't provide a scintilla of evidence that they are.

They are 100% innocent of WHAT, Dr Leal?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Empty Nose-job

Post by Guest 08.01.14 15:32

Just viewing an old Falklands documentary, I saw the instructions for the Vulcans' crew in case of capture by the Argies:

When they put you in front of a TV camera, scratch your nose: righthand side for: I'm telling the truth; left for: I'm lying

Now, let's look at Paxman again and see for ourselves, shall we?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 08.01.14 15:33

Maybe all that was on the script was 'Don't forget to put your arm round her', because to me that looked completely unnatural, but I'm probably wrong not having studied at Portsmouth.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 08.01.14 15:34

Doug D wrote:I believe it was only ITV early morning news that 'broke ranks' and reported that 'today (7th) was the last day of the trial', even when everyone else knew that it had been postponed many hours before, maybe building up to their sensational 'exclusive' that evening. 
But if there were two versions, surely the back-up would have made no mention at all and also as it was unlikely that any verdict was going to be given out yesterday if it had gone ahead, it probably doesn't make much sense, but then what does?
I agree that showing a very brief clip to show "innocence" unbalances the program . Maybe the full version is balanced and shows the "guilty clips". That had to show an example of innocence to contrast and the McCann`s was in the can.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 15:39

Doug D wrote:Maybe all that was on the script was 'Don't forget to put your arm round her', because to me that looked completely unnatural, but I'm probably wrong not having studied at Portsmouth.

I agree completely Doug. It was that gesture which was for the cameras that made me question from the start.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.01.14 15:55

This segment was about those people wrongly considered guilty in the court of public opinion. Guilty of a crime. There was no crime specified for the Mcs. Dr Leal could have mentioned why people were wrongly suspicious and disagreed , instead she highlighted a statement of fact which could not be argued with

" the anguish we feel as the parents of our beautiful daughter Madeleine"

No mention of why anguished..." this is how I would expect the parents of an abducted child would behave "

No expert contrasted this clip to any previously shown of Matthews

the segment was introduced by a voiceover from the narrator saying that people can be wrongly perceived as guilty if you don't know what signs [ of innocence presumably] to look for. There was no follow-up to this in any of the cases quoted, including the Mcs.
 There was no focus on facial expression, body movements, just a remark about the innocence shown by not being concerned about what others might think of you, if you read from a prepared script in a highly charged and stressful situation.

Compared to what came before and after it, this segment had the look of something put together and inserted at short notice. It was poor stuff and not just with regard to the McCanns.

We saw a distressed Lindy Chamberlain  repeating what she had said about the dingo taking the baby.
 We saw a young woman expressing her displeasure with the media who clearly had angered her by whipping up the public not to believe her story.
At no time was there any evidence of the signs we should look for which show that these seemingly guilty, dishonest people are in fact being truthful

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 08.01.14 16:01

russiandoll wrote:This segment was about those people wrongly considered guilty in the court of public opinion. Guilty of a crime. There was no crime specified for the Mcs. Dr Leal could have mentioned why people were wrongly suspicious and disagreed , instead she highlighted a statement of fact which could not be argued with

" the anguish we feel as the parents of our beautiful daughter Madeleine"

No mention of why anguished..." this is how I would expect the parents of an abducted child would behave "

No expert contrasted this clip to any previously shown of Matthews

the segment was introduced by a voiceover from the narrator saying that people can be wrongly perceived as guilty if you don't know what signs [ of innocence presumably] to look for. There was no follow-up to this in any of the cases quoted, including the Mcs.
 There was no focus on facial expression, body movements, just a remark about the innocence shown by not being concerned about what others might think of you, if you read from a prepared script in a highly charged and stressful situation.

Compared to what came before and after it, this segment had the look of something put together and inserted at short notice. It was poor stuff and not just with regard to the McCanns.

We saw a distressed Lindy Chamberlain  repeating what she had said about the dingo taking the baby.
 We saw a young woman expressing her displeasure with the media who clearly had angered her by whipping up the public not to believe her story.
At no time was there any evidence of the signs we should look for which show that these seemingly guilty, dishonest people are in fact being truthful
Not sure RD. Just seemed to me that she wanted to highlight a controversial current case and give her opinion on it. Unfortunately for her it may backfire and expose her post rationalised pseudo science for what it is..
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.01.14 16:13

get what you are saying but when the intro has mentioned signs of truthtelling from people who superficially come over as dishonest, I expect to see some signs of the truth being shown or discussed. There was nothing.

I too think this will damage her credibility. A last minute idea imo to show a current case which has been newsworthy recently and a very fleeting vague treatment of it.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.01.14 16:16

It's curious none of the tabloids have taken up the story of 'McCanns 100% Innocent'. 

I expected to find an update on their lifestyle fund's site to the effect that

'Shazza says we're innocent. 
So there. 
Signed Kate & Gerry. 
PS. Keep sending your dosh'

but it appears to be no change and no business as was usual prior to mid-November of last year.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 8 Empty Talking about lying

Post by mank 08.01.14 16:41

mank you may not have read this yesterday. Admin has stated that no more links to his blog.........

admin wrote:Whilst I'm honoured that Blacksmith reckons this is one of the best forums, and I have to agree with him, I think we should boycott his blog and not give it any more database space.

No more links to his cesspit please.
mank

Activity : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 08.01.14 16:50

dantezebu wrote:I haven't had the chance to watch the full program yet, just really the clip with the MCs. It seems that it is Dr Leals opinion that the MCs are 100% innocent because GM read from a script. That he had an important list of things to remember and that having a list was not a sign of guilt.
Did she mean not a sign of guilt in this case. Or not a sign of guilt, ever.
She gave no other evidence for her opinion. Did not use any of her wonderful techiques to identify liars. Just pulled her opinion out of the sky. Where is her evidence? What research has she done on the couple?
How can a scientist make a statement of 100% certainty about anything, even less so with no evidence to back it up.
All of the techniques that are used to retrospectivly identify liars and non liars are bypassed in this one case.
He raid from a script therefore he is 100% innocent!
What absolute b*******.
She has just undermined her credibility completely.
And the question is why?
I think it's just a case of the emporer's new clothes, dantezebu, so many public figures in support of the McCanns that people seldom question their innocence

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 18:10

By Dr Martin Roberts

08 January 2014

ABOUT INNOCENCE

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Transcript of Dr Sharon Leal comments about McCanns also just below Dr Martin article.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 18:25

Sofia Leal, Dr. Amaral's former wife.

Dr. Sharon Leal - is she Portugese?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 08.01.14 19:21

Is it OK to confirm that Sharon Leal is on Facebook? And she's friends with quite a few Mitchell's - could be (another) coincidence of course!!
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.01.14 20:36

candyfloss wrote:
By Dr Martin Roberts

08 January 2014

ABOUT INNOCENCE

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Transcript of Dr Sharon Leal comments about McCanns also just below Dr Martin article.
Thank you for the timely link, candyfloss.  

Although I frequently access the the mccannfiles site, I hadn't realised the 'Latest News' page had been updated in such a comprehensive manner and I commend it to any members of this forum who may also be unaware of its current content.

In recognition of the immense amount of time and effort that goes into maintaining this invaluable resource, I've made a donation and would urge others to do the same.

RIP Euclides Monteiro; another innocent victim whose name has been added to those who have suffered gross injustice at the hands of Kate and Gerry McCann.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 22:06

Just locking for a mo whilst a split this topic

Unlocked now
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 22:16

Have split thread and there is now a topic Billie-Jo Jenkins murder in Crime, and Conspiracy section. Here is the link...

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8901-billie-jo-jenkins-murder
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top