The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Regist10

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by loopzdaloop 02.01.14 0:16

Tony Bennett wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:
Eh?  How does this actually work using KM as a bench mark?

Here is is another person (see below in blue) explaining himself about the obvious innocence of the McCanns in the ITV programme, which featured Karen Matthews, Tracey Andrews and another similar case.

This Transcript is from mccannfiles. At this point I just want to digress for a moment and pay a very warm and generous tribute to Nigel Moore of McCannFiles. Just as the forum-owner and 'candyfloss' have kept this place ticking over for over 4 years for the benefit of so many, so has Nigel Moore kept his 'McCann encyclopaedia' ticking over for well over 5 years. And he has the valuable Dr Martin Roberts on board as well (wink).

So I'd like to wish Nigel a happy and successful New Year and thank him once again for his energy and dedication to recording as much information as possible on the McCann case for us all to use. He has personally spent hours painstakingly giving us trannscripts of relevant interviews and programmes, and that's where I draw the extract below from. These transcripts are a veritable mine of information. In thanking Nigel, there are no doubt many others deserve thanks, not least the Portuguese-English translators who have given us so much - but it would be completely wrong for me not to acknowledge 'pamalam's heroic efforts as well - and also to wish her a Happy New Year.

That bit over, here's the transcript of the very end of the programme, with various people talking over the issues raised:

+++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id243.html

Footage of KM and Craig during the search

RE: “Those performances were Oscar-winning and I don’t hesitate to hold my hands up and say that I, like everyone else, was absolutely taken in by her.”

JB: “People felt anger, frustration. Yeah, I suppose they felt a lot like me. Used. Used and abused.”

Footage of neighbours carrying a banner during the search

MA: “Everyone just got taken for idiots. I think everyone just pulled back after that. Just being used made us look stupid.”

PJ: “I felt like I’d been punched in the stomach by someone I trusted.”

MA: “She’ll get out. Sell her story, no doubt. Then she’ll be off. No problems. It’s Shannon now. And Shannon’s brothers and sisters. She’s hurt all them people and she’s not bothered. So long as she’s alright herself.”

Footage of boarded-up house, former home of KM

Voiceover: “Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan were both sentenced to 8 years for kidnapping and falsely imprisoning Shannon. Even after the trial, it was still no clearer as to why Karen had allowed her own daughter to be abducted.”

MA: “To be honest, I just told Megan straight away it was Shannon’s mum that had something to do with it. ‘Why? Why would her mum do that to her?’ ‘I can’t tell you that. I’ve no idea’ and then it’s just ‘Why? Why? Why?’”

Picture of KM in handcuffs

Prof DC: “I think the claim that Karen and Donovan were somehow or other setting things up to get some reward money for finding Shannon doesn’t really hold a lot of water. It’s very difficult to work out how they thought that could happen.”

JB: “I personally don’t think it was for the reward. I don’t know what it was for. I don’t know… It could have been attention.”

Footage of a taxi driving along a street

Voiceover: “It’s now a year since Karen was arrested. Is she ready to give us anymore answers?”

Julie is in the back of the taxi

Voiceover: “Julie Bushby visits Karen in prison to see if she’s ready to talk.”

Taxi turns down a road sign posted ‘HM Prison’

JB: “I just said ‘Why did you do it?’ and she just glared at me actually and then says ‘I didn’t do it’ She’s adamant she’s totally innocent. Absolutely adamant. I mean, a year on and she’s still coming out with the same story. Well, she’s still claiming that she’s innocent and she’s being used as the scapegoat but I think she’s lying to herself that much that she’s convinced herself. But…it was worth a try.”

Footage of press conferences

Voiceover: “Have Karen and others like her made it impossible now for anyone else in that situation to be believed?”

MA: “If someone goes missing and you come on TV and appeal for them, straight away people are going to think you’ve got something to do with it. This is what’s annoying. There are genuine people out there who do want their loved one back and they are innocent but it’s people like Karen and others that make you question them.”

JB: “You’ll always be there looking now. Looking for a tell-tale sign in their eyes, their mouth, the words. Looking for that little grin.”

Prof DC: “People will always be curious about whether they’re telling the truth or not and I think now with all these cases of crocodile tears, the public will be even more sceptical.”

IJ: “As a result of the Tracey Andrews case I am more sceptical about victims. You know, you start to look to see if you can spot the flaws. You start to think about whether they’ve set themselves on this sort of story or not.”

JB: “I’d do it again. If a child went missing again I’d do it again.”

RC: “I don’t think my attitude has changed. I think that genuine people making public appeals touch my heart now just as much as they ever did. And I can give you an example. The McCanns. Clearly innocent. Absolutely clearly innocent. And they have my greatest sympathy. Nothing’s changed.”

RE: “What I’ve been concentrating on, as hopefully have a lot of people, is that there is actually a happy ending to this, in that Shannon was found. She was found safe and she’s now going to go on to a better life.”

Closes with a picture of Shannon Matthews 

I just want to point out that RC is Mirror Reporter Rod Chayter and not a psychologist.
I'm aware that Prof DC is one of those people that is curious as to whether they are telling the truth and leans more towards the skeptical. However, he is savvy enough to be media aware. 

Similarly, at a lecture I attended on lying and deception headed by the person who at that point was in charge of this area for the GMC responded when queried on the Mccann case that he couldn't say anything, but what he would say is that 'if everything happened the way the McCanns said it did, the case would have been solved ages back'. Which is a perspective held by the majority of people I have worked with whose professional duties would entail an opinion on this.

*edit*

Sorry posted without making it all the way through the thread to see this had been answered.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by jeanmonroe 02.01.14 1:38

"It's totally different from the way Kate McCann carried the teddy everywhere with her as some sort of reassurance of her daughter."
(snipped)
Yes like the way Kate tucked it into her backpack so it was peeping out when she went for her arguido interview?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the way she was photographed putting cc into Amelie's hand just before walking to church.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 02.01.14 4:14

Kate, 42, said: “We love you very much, Madeleine, and we’re not going to stop what we’re doing.”

An interesting turn of phrase and rather telling.

She doesn't tell us what they are doing so i can't assume.

If you weren't familiar with statement analysis you would assume they were talking about searching for Maddie but we don't know what they aren't going to stop doing.

Since they have never physically searched they can't stop doing what they never started.

Does this mean that they are not going to stop  begging for money for the fund? does this mean they are not going to stop refusing to co-operate with the various LE agencies?

F Does this mean they are not going to stop lying about what happened the week of their vaction.

Anything in the negative is sensitive so kate what are you not going to stop doing since  it's clearly not searching, being truthful about that week and who did what and when and where, nor is it co-operating with LE.

Enquiring minds want to know  winkwink 

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys 02.01.14 5:46

Cristobell wrote:Surprised Professor Canter didn't say the 'fragrant' Kate, he couldn't have been more sycophantic.  If he is one of the experts, its lost credibility already.
Hi Cristobell, yes your right. I knew within minutes Mathews was lying. I knew within a few days that the McCanns were not telling truths. I knew Philpotts was not telling truth about the fire, and also the guy who killed Tia Sharp I knew he was guilty.

You dont have to be an expert just understand body language. 

There is a complete difference between Mathews and McCann and that is why Mathews failed miserably and was arrested.

columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 02.01.14 6:30

Hobs wrote:Kate, 42, said: “We love you very much, Madeleine, and we’re not going to stop what we’re doing.”

An interesting turn of phrase and rather telling.

She doesn't tell us what they are doing so i can't assume.

If you weren't familiar with statement analysis you would assume they were talking about searching for Maddie but we don't know what they aren't going to stop doing.

Since they have never physically searched they can't stop doing what they never started.

Does this mean that they are not going to stop  begging for money for the fund? does this mean they are not going to stop refusing to co-operate with the various LE agencies?

F Does this mean they are not going to stop lying about what happened the week of their vaction.

Anything in the negative is sensitive so kate what are you not going to stop doing since  it's clearly not searching, being truthful about that week and who did what and when and where, nor is it co-operating with LE.

Enquiring minds want to know  winkwink 

Good point, Hobnob, and from an SA perspective the ordering aspect of GM's words here speaks volumes,

Gerry: “Madeleine, we’re still looking for you. Tell someone who your mummy and daddy are, who you are.”

Its clear who's more important to GM and the implication, that if Madeleine were to tell someone i.e. anyone who her parents are they'd automatically know who she meant because they're famous people, reveals his narcissism. Yet the statement is absurd and to my mind callous because how on earth could he expect a child who was allegedly abducted as a 3 year old to still remember 'who you are'?
For me there's a sense of 'duper's delight' about this statement.
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 02.01.14 6:32

Sorry, Hobs, I stupidly got your name wrong. Apologies.
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 02.01.14 8:22

Kate, 42, said: “We love you very much, Madeleine, and we’re not going to stop what we’re doing.”

This is what you say when you cant remember. She doesn't know WHAT they are actually doing you see.

duh
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Empty The Lying Game: The Crimes That Fooled Britain

Post by Daisy 07.01.14 20:18

This should make for interesting viewing. Tonight (7th Jan) - 9pm ITV

"It’s a scene that’s played out time and time again over the last 20 years. In an attempt to throw the police off the scent, the cold-eyed killer stares into the camera and begs the public for help to solve the crime they know they have committed. But how can we tell a genuine appeal from cynical manipulation? A growing body of experts now believe they can expose a liar through scientific methods.

In the Lying Game: The Crimes That Fooled Britain, three of the nation’s top forensic and behavioural psychologists and experts reveal the developments in the science of lying.  Using their expertise they will provide fresh insight into some of the most notorious criminal cases"

Read more: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 20:27

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Empty What to watch on Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV London at 9:00pm,
The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 2 Empty  PeterMac on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:27 pm

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .
Documentary in which top forensic psychologists and behavioural experts look with fresh eyes at some of the most notorious criminal cases from the past 20 years in which the perpetrator has appeared in front of the cameras with sham displays of grief.

These include the cases of Stuart Hazell who killed his step-granddaughter, Mitchell Quy who brutally murdered his wife, Ian Huntley who murdered two children in a fit of rage, Karen Matthews who plotted to kidnap her own child and Fadi Nasri who hired a hitman to kill his wife.

Dr Sharon Leal demonstrates the techniques that give away verbal mannerisms which reveal their lies. Cliff Lansley pinpoints how lies are given away through minute movements in the face and body. Kerry Daynes explains the personality types behind these crimes and what motivated them to do what they did.

7th January
What a strange co-incidence !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.01.14 20:39

I suffered watching Lorraine Kelly this morning (the things a gal does for the forum) talking to one of these experts about this heavily promoted programme. Poor old 'we're walking in the air' Aled Jones asked questions on whether this expert constantly monitored people's body language.

What a class interview  big grin
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 07.01.14 20:44

Apologies, completely missed PeterMac's post. Ah well, at least it serves as a timely reminder. On in 15mins.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.01.14 20:50

Daisy wrote:Apologies, completely missed PeterMac's post. Ah well, at least it serves as a timely reminder. On in 15mins.
It's also worth noting that Breakfast News reported this morning on the libel trial saying it was to resume today - showed old pics of the Mc's arriving together at the court in Lisbon and an old pic of GA (a profile picture - you don't get to see his face in full) when he was carrying a bit more weight. Mind you, they also showed a picture of his book.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 21:17

Daisy wrote:This should make for interesting viewing. Tonight (7th Jan) - 9pm ITV

"It’s a scene that’s played out time and time again over the last 20 years. In an attempt to throw the police off the scent, the cold-eyed killer stares into the camera and begs the public for help to solve the crime they know they have committed. But how can we tell a genuine appeal from cynical manipulation? A growing body of experts now believe they can expose a liar through scientific methods.

In the Lying Game: The Crimes That Fooled Britain, three of the nation’s top forensic and behavioural psychologists and experts reveal the developments in the science of lying.  Using their expertise they will provide fresh insight into some of the most notorious criminal cases"

Read more: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain
Just think...Kate and Gerry will feature in a programme like this one day  pop2

eta: Oh, they have just featured in this programme and the expert says they are 100% innocent.

Time to switch the lights off and go home then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 21:22

They're on!  100% innocent, said the expert.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 21:27

wft   The McCanns are '100% innocent'???!!!     bigshock   What is that woman on apart from botox?

Or is this yet another cunning ploy to deceive the deceivers?   thinking
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by J4MM 07.01.14 21:28

"McCann's ......... 100% innocent" ?
J4MM

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 21:29

[Sinks head into hands and sighs] Jesus wept.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 07.01.14 21:29

admin wrote:Just think...Kate and Gerry will feature in a programme like this one day  pop2

eta: Oh, they have just featured in this programme and the expert says they are 100% innocent.

Time to switch the lights off and go home then.
Yup! 100% innocent! We can all rest assured now. I had a funny feeling they would feature in this program.

Like PeterMac said - 7th January What a strange co-incidence !

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 07.01.14 21:32

J4MM wrote:"McCann's ......... 100% innocent" ?
Apparently so! We may as well all go home now and maybe give a few quid to the fund! What a joke!
TMH
TMH

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 21:33

There seem to be 2 threads going on this subject:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8892-the-lying-game-the-crimes-that-fooled-britain

Can they be merged?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 21:36

ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by J4MM 07.01.14 21:36

... according to Dr Sharon Leal, Forensic Psychologist.  nah
J4MM

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 21:38

Forensic?  That explains why she looks like she's overdone the formaldehyde  winkwink
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 21:39

Sharon Leal is a disgrace to her profession after hearing her ridiculous statement. How on earth can she justify making such a statement about the mccanns.
There are too many similarities in body language between g mccann and Ian huntley in my opinion.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top