The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Regist10

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by sallypelt 10.01.14 1:22

jeanmonroe wrote:I wonder why the McCanns didn't have Dr Leal on their list of expenses paid for 'witnesses' for their libel trial 'evidence'

THE JUDGE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOTALLY IN AWE OF HER EXPERTISE AND WOULD HAVE GRANTED THE MCCANNS CLAIM IN FULL AGAINST GA. NO IF'S NO BUTS. WITH DR LEAL'S ASSERTION THAT THE MCCANNS WERE 100% INNOCENT THE JUDGE WOULD HAVE NOT HAD ANY OTHER OPTION THAN TO HAVE GIVEN A JUDGEMENT IN THEIR FAVOUR.

AND WE COULD HAVE ALL GONE 'HOME'!

Dr Leal didn't, it seems, need to read the PJ files, she justs KNOWS they are 100% innocent, but oddly dosen't provide a scintilla of evidence that they are 100% innocent of anything.

Just exactly WHAT, in your opinion, are they 100% innocent of, Dr Leal?

I totally agree, jean. We can get rid of law courts. Just let Dr Leal observe the defendants for 2 minutes, and hey presto, she will know "100%" whether a person is innocent or guilty.

What future do our and children and grandchildren have? Truth, decency and justice are now dirty words. Do we advice them that the law stands for nothing, and to go out and get what they want, regardless of how you get it?

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY COUNTRY?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by jeanmonroe 10.01.14 3:13

Thanks to Iris.

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Aba10
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.01.14 13:37

Just thinking aloud here:

But would the facial 'lie detector' featured on the programme be able to 'record' facial expressions on/from my TV?

I have hundreds of hours of McCanns and their friends (including 'our' Clarrie) on Blu ray discs.

Especially 'I was carrying' JT.

And lots of 'close ups' of the McCanns faces from interviews, they just couldn't stop giving!

Bet they are glad HDTV was invented!

Would it be at all possible for this 'wonder machine' to record from my TV?

We've all seen the 'signs' shoulder shrugs, gulps, face touching, smirks, lip curls etc.

I just thought that little old me might, one day, also be referred to as an 'expert'!

Then i could help out SY, like Dr Leal, and identify a 'liar' at 50 paces.

Couldn't i?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.01.14 14:04

The Lying Game

I know all there is to know about The Lying Game,
I shared it all in The Lying Game.
I was dismissive, I fed the lie,
And then before I knew where I was they told me goodbye.

One day soon I'm gonna tell the moon about The Lying Game.
And if he knows, maybe he'll explain,
Why they spot bad fakes. Why there are jeers.
And what to do to stop feeling blue when my job disappears. 

I was dismissive, I fed the lie,
And then before I knew where I was they told me goodbye.

They don't want no more of The Lying Game
They don't want no more of The Lying Game

Fades (to oblivion)
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal 10.01.14 14:13

Did this wonder woman mind reader actually say of what the McCanns are 100% innocent ? Did she stipulate or merely cover herself by omission? Sorry, but my ability to believe her is about as acute as my ability to plait fog.
Hopespringseternal
Hopespringseternal

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.01.14 14:22

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY COUNTRY?

----------------------------------------

In the Industrial Revolution it became mechanised.

In the Post  Industrial Era it became McCannised.

T
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.01.14 14:53

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 11 Article-1242736-07D7D179000005DC-81_468x286

Dr Leal!  Where's me script?
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.01.14 15:09

Crib-sheet reader ?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 10.01.14 15:22

russiandoll wrote:Is this the e mail people are commenting on? I find it hard to believe the articulate woman on t v wrote this. Underlining of poor English mine.
A most excellent reply from Dr Leal to some hatemailing numty:

''I am very well acquainted with the case and I totally disagree that there is "plenty of evidence to say the opposite" ! Unfortunately irresponsible and heartless news reporters made up claims that were simply not true. Despite the fact that these people even admit they told lies ( see for example Leveson enquiry) the rubbish they Initially wrote is what seems to stay in some peoples minds( in psychology we call this ' belief perseverance effect' ) . That , coupled with a Portuguese policeman who has an axe to grind ( because he was sacked for telling lies to the press about the enquiry) still spouting nonsense has not helped. As I said in the program , people also tend to look for the wrong signs when detecting deception. An innocent person who is upset and falsely accused WILL react with nervous/ emotional behaviour. If you can try and think of any time you have been wrongly accused of something , how did you feel?
I have formed my opinion that they are innocent based on the verifiable facts surrounding the case, rather than media conjecture. I am aware this is a contentious case and as such you are not the only person to contact me ; some have cited or attached what they mistakingly believe to be facts ( i.e. that non verbal displays indicate guilt or citing libellous press reports or anecdotal social network lies) .
Best Wishes,
Sharon Leal'

why is there an English spelling of behaviour but the American spelling of program.

Was this what Petermac received? It is abysmal.

Please re read the above so called e mail from Dr Leal and compare with her bio below....does anyone here believe that these were written by the same person, [ the bio is at the level of literacy I would expect, having heard her speak]. While I know that e mailing is a lot more casual than producing something for a  c.v.  or an official web site,  even allowing for this  the alleged reply from her to a" hater anti" contains way too many basic grammatical errors imho.

Dr Sharon Leal

Biography

I obtained a first class honours degree in Psychology at the University of Portsmouth in 2000. The following year I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in research methods before embarking upon PhD research. My doctoral research was funded by the E.S.R.C and focused on the Central and Peripheral Physiology of Attention and Cognitive Demand, where multiple physiological responses were examined within the context of varying cognitive demand. Since completing my PhD I have received grants from the E.S.R.C. and UK / US governments to work with Aldert Vrij’s research team.
Teaching Responsibilities

During my time at Portsmouth I have had many teaching duties including delivering lectures on the following units: Quantitative Analysis for Psychology using SPSS; Biological Psychology and Criminological Psychology. I have also been a personal tutor to year 1 and 2 BSc undergraduates.
Research Interests

My current research focuses on the behavioural and physiological effects of cognitive load during deception. This research is very relevant for detecting how people engaged in ‘high stake’ deception respond verbally, non-verbally and physiologically. My work involves cooperation with national and international governments and police. I am a member of the European consortium of Psychological Research on Deception Detection (E-prodd). The consortium utilises cutting edge research from laboratories across Europe to optimise the detection of deception in serious crime.

[ ETA. I doubt very much that a person with the brain to get herself a doctorate would publicise words libelling Dr Amaral, sacked for telling lies.......instead of using the more scientific and sensible wording of the man having what she believed was an incorrect theory. The so -called e mail was chock full of the language and atrocious grammar and spelling that you read from the more rabid pros].

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.01.14 15:25

russiandoll wrote:
russiandoll wrote:Is this the e mail people are commenting on? I find it hard to believe the articulate woman on t v wrote this. Underlining of poor English mine.
A most excellent reply from Dr Leal to some hatemailing numty:

''I am very well acquainted with the case and I totally disagree that there is "plenty of evidence to say the opposite" ! Unfortunately irresponsible and heartless news reporters made up claims that were simply not true. Despite the fact that these people even admit they told lies ( see for example Leveson enquiry) the rubbish they Initially wrote is what seems to stay in some peoples minds( in psychology we call this ' belief perseverance effect' ) . That , coupled with a Portuguese policeman who has an axe to grind ( because he was sacked for telling lies to the press about the enquiry) still spouting nonsense has not helped. As I said in the program , people also tend to look for the wrong signs when detecting deception. An innocent person who is upset and falsely accused WILL react with nervous/ emotional behaviour. If you can try and think of any time you have been wrongly accused of something , how did you feel?
I have formed my opinion that they are innocent based on the verifiable facts surrounding the case, rather than media conjecture. I am aware this is a contentious case and as such you are not the only person to contact me ; some have cited or attached what they mistakingly believe to be facts ( i.e. that non verbal displays indicate guilt or citing libellous press reports or anecdotal social network lies) .
Best Wishes,
Sharon Leal'

why is there an English spelling of behaviour but the American spelling of program.

Was this what Petermac received? It is abysmal.

Please re read the above so called e mail from Dr Leal and compare with her bio below....does anyone here believe that these were written by the same person, [ the bio is at the level of literacy I would expect, having heard her speak]. While I know that e mailing is a lot more casual than producing something for a  c.v.  or an official web site,  even allowing for this  the alleged reply from her to a" hater anti" contains way too many basic grammatical errors imho.

Dr Sharon Leal

Biography

I obtained a first class honours degree in Psychology at the University of Portsmouth in 2000. The following year I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in research methods before embarking upon PhD research. My doctoral research was funded by the E.S.R.C and focused on the Central and Peripheral Physiology of Attention and Cognitive Demand, where multiple physiological responses were examined within the context of varying cognitive demand. Since completing my PhD I have received grants from the E.S.R.C. and UK / US governments to work with Aldert Vrij’s research team.
Teaching Responsibilities

During my time at Portsmouth I have had many teaching duties including delivering lectures on the following units: Quantitative Analysis for Psychology using SPSS; Biological Psychology and Criminological Psychology. I have also been a personal tutor to year 1 and 2 BSc undergraduates.
Research Interests

My current research focuses on the behavioural and physiological effects of cognitive load during deception. This research is very relevant for detecting how people engaged in ‘high stake’ deception respond verbally, non-verbally and physiologically. My work involves cooperation with national and international governments and police. I am a member of the European consortium of Psychological Research on Deception Detection (E-prodd). The consortium utilises cutting edge research from laboratories across Europe to optimise the detection of deception in serious crime.

[ ETA. I doubt very much that a person with the brain to get herself a doctorate would publicise words libelling Dr Amaral, sacked for telling lies.......instead of using the more scientific and sensible wording of the man having what she believed was an incorrect theory. The so -called e mail was chock full of the language and atrocious grammar and spelling that you read from the more rabid pros].

Can you have made up reports that ARE true?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 10.01.14 15:34

Not sure what you mean SP but what I am quite sure of is that the person who wrote that bio is not the same person who would write mistakingly instead of mistakenly, [ sure she knows how to spell that adverb] nor would she write the word initially with a capital I in the middle of a sentence.

Those are just 2 for starters!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 15:34

I think the bio is standard for academics.  They are written in a standardised style, just fill in the gaps, such as where studying/teaching, research grants etc. 

My daughter has recently been awarded her PhD (in a real science at a proper uni).  Sorry, I know that sounds awful.  She would never assert 100% in anything without evidence even at the dinner table!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.01.14 15:45

Ladyinred wrote:I think the bio is standard for academics.  They are written in a standardised style, just fill in the gaps, such as where studying/teaching, research grants etc. 

My daughter has recently been awarded her PhD (in a real science at a proper uni).  Sorry, I know that sounds awful.  She would never assert 100% in anything without evidence even at the dinner table!

So did you and your daughter have a debate over Christmas dinner whether they were really sprouts on her plate or, as in my house, they were, and still are, really the Devil's 'grapes'?

laughat laughat
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 15:54

tongue She doesn't like them!  I ate them, but not keen, as they're good for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 10.01.14 16:55

bobbin wrote: she's going to need it when the truth finally bursts this toxic boil.

I like that phrase.
  Mr
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 10.01.14 19:26

Lance De Boils wrote:
bobbin wrote: she's going to need it when the truth finally bursts this toxic boil.

I like that phrase.
  Mr

Sir Lance, knighted with the sharp pointed stick Sword of Truth, ready at the helm to burst this toxic boil, in the not too distant future one hopes.  spin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.01.14 21:30

bobbin wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:

I like that phrase.
  Mr

Sir Lance, knighted with the sharp pointed stick Sword of Truth, ready at the helm to burst this toxic boil, in the not too distant future one hopes.  spin 

Rightie-ho I'll book the deep cleaning team in the white van when you're ready. One of the national rags will have the contact details.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger 12.01.14 16:37

Re Dr Sharon Leal... I was googling the libel trial and stumbled upon a website called "stop the myths"and thinking it was going to be in a similar vein to this one popped in to have a peek. The first thing I noticed was the scrolling banner reading: "100% innocent, Dr Sharon Leal, PhD, fellow of the university of Portsmouth". I thought they were being ironic but sadly not. The funny thing is, this is the only quote they seemed to be able to find... Also, Petermac, you seen to have rattled a few cages over there!
truthfultiger

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.01.14 16:44

If I recall correctly, Stop the Myths issued a challenge to this forum a year or so ago to debate the issues surrounding the case but it didn't come to anything because their members were abusive.

It is not quite on the level of the really fetid pro sites but it certainly isn't one where reasoned debate is allowed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger 12.01.14 16:59

Glad I didn't post anything then! My favourite site which comes up fairly regularly it's the Madeleine myths exposed one where they have a lot of very half baked attempts at refuting the assessments of the likes of Goncalo Amaral and Pat Brown. It makes me chuckle. Then I remember that it's about a little girl and it's not so funny.
truthfultiger

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.01.14 22:03

'Catching a Killer: Crocodile Tears' about to start on More 4 now.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 23:41

I think it's a repeat of one from a few months ago which featured the cases of the Philpotts, Stuart Hazell and  Shafila Ahmed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top