The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Regist10

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by plebgate 21.05.13 21:46

[color=red]russiandoll wrote:Didn't Gerry McCann say around anniversary time, during an interview, that the police would be going public in a couple of weeks ?

And then HC comes out with his statement.
And then there is the story about people in 5a the evening before abduction.[/color]

Sounds right to me and about that time when wee Kelly said it is the first time in six years Mrs. was able to smile. Yes there were smiles and sofa sittings then, but where are they now that HC has given this statement?

Tanner's description certainly does not fit with a middle age man being the abductor.

I wonder if we will hear next of somebody seeing one of those electric wheelchairs hanging around during the holiday. It's about the only thing yet not to have been seen in such a quiet resort, so quiet that it was apparently safe to leave doors opens and children alone in their apartments whilst the parents went out WINING and dining.

Jog on with the stories, cos it's all getting on my nerves.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Khalgregar 21.05.13 21:56

plebgate wrote:
[color=red]russiandoll wrote:Didn't Gerry McCann say around anniversary time, during an interview, that the police would be going public in a couple of weeks ?

And then HC comes out with his statement.
And then there is the story about people in 5a the evening before abduction.[/color]

Sounds right to me and about that time when wee Kelly said it is the first time in six years Mrs. was able to smile. Yes there were smiles and sofa sittings then, but where are they now that HC has given this statement?

Tanner's description certainly does not fit with a middle age man being the abductor.

I wonder if we will hear next of somebody seeing one of those electric wheelchairs hanging around during the holiday. It's about the only thing yet not to have been seen in such a quiet resort, so quiet that it was apparently safe to leave doors opens and children alone in their apartments whilst the parents went out WINING and dining.

Jog on with the stories, cos it's all getting on my nerves.

JT will probably change her story again and say that the person she saw crossing the road was actually a pleasant middle-aged couple big grin
Khalgregar

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.05.13 21:58

Yes, each with a souped up electric wheelchair racing away from the scene.  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 110921

Vroom vroom. ha ha.  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 110921
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.05.13 22:50

The whole Jane Tanner business with her being the McCanns' main abduction witness is incredulous. For a start, Gerry himself discredits her testimony. How can he then act like he believes she saw a swarthy pimple-faced raptor make off with Maddie in the dark of night? It doesn't add up. Then again, nothing about this case adds up  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 172348
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.05.13 22:56

and still, as far as we know, they have not been re-interviewed.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.05.13 1:32

[quote="Cheshire Cat"]
aiyoyo wrote:If Campbell was peddling the abduction line, maybe the Mccanns might hire him as pte detective provided they still have money in the Pte Ltd Co.

"Mr Campbell, 56, recently took temporary charge of Operation Yewtree, the inquiry into claims connected with the Jimmy Savile scandal. Now he is to fill a senior role at the Jamaican Independent Commission of Investigations, which probes fatal shootings by the island’s police force."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/we-did-all-we-could-to-catch-dando-killer-londons-top-murder-detective-on-his-biggest-cases-8620902.html[/quote]

Mr Campbell, Mcs new PI, will then come up with a 'credible SIGHTING' and K&G will jump on a plane to 'search' the beautiful holiday island for THREE YEARS whilst strolling on the beach at sunset and staring wistfully out to sea!
Kate will say 'THIS beautiful island paradise is the ONLY place i feel close to Madeleine, you can leave your apartment unlocked every night, while you dine out miles away and people, passing by, will just pop in to make sure all your valuables are safe and, er, um...soothe the children, if they are crying, and that everything is alright and they will leave just before you get back, as if they were never there'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.05.13 6:29

Curioser wrote:
russiandoll wrote:from Mrs Fenn's statement :

SNIP

When questioned, she said that she did not know the cause of the crying, perhaps a nightmare or another destabilising factor.
As soon as the parents entered the child stopped crying.
That
night she contacted a friend called EDNA GLYN, who also lives in Praia
da Luz, after 23.00, telling her about the situation, who was not
surprised at the childs crying.
She did not have anything to report for the 2nd May, because she was only home at night.

Am I reading this correctly, that Mrs Fenn being home " at night " means she was out for the evening so could not tell police about any crying while McCanns were at dinner, having returned late evening, " night" time ?
As she has been previously describing crying after dark, I find it difficult to interpret this part of her statement as meaning " I can't tell you about the Wednesday because I was out during the day"...[ she had not been focusing her memory on daytime is what I mean]

If she was out for the day returning for the evening, [ tapas mealtime] then she is saying she WAS at home but no crying like evening before.

Ah well, confusion is good!

I think she meant she was out all day and only came home to sleep, so later at night.

I've always thought this was weird too. Mrs Fenn says:
At about 23H45, an hour and fifteen minutes after the crying began, she heard the parents arrive, she did not see them, but she heard the patio doors open, she was quite worried as the crying had gone on for more than an hour and had gradually got worse

Which means she could hear any little thing, any door opening below etc. Then:
When asked, she replied that on 3rd May she did not hear any noise from the McCANN apartment, not even the opening of doors. She also said that before hearing the shouts she was watching television, as she often stays up late.

She didn't hear anything on the night of the 3rd. No-one going in or out, no checks, no people talking. Nada.

To add:

Daily Express BRAVERY: Mrs Fenn challenged intruder

By David Pilditch in Praia da Luz
Saturday August 18,2007
[..]
Mrs Fenn also told police that two nights before Madeleine disappeared she heard a child crying in the McCanns' apartment.
Her screams carried on from around 10.30pm to 11.45pm until family members returned from a night out.
A friend of Mrs Fenn told The Daily Express last night: "She is an elderly lady who is quite nervous and was very shaken up after the break-in.
She was surprised that neither the police nor the McCanns had approached her for information before.
unquote

Snipped from the article to be found in http://www.mccannfiles.com/id331.html

We're in August 2007 - The PJ should have interviewed her but why didn't the McCanns want to talk to her?
Asking the neighbours if they've heard or seen anything is pretty well the first step even if you lose your dog or cat for goodness' sakes.
Yet all Gerry says to her on the night is that they've already phoned the police (not true) and that a 'little girl' is missing. Neither of the McCanns, nor anyone connected with them bother to ask Mrs. Fenn anything at all.
Big red flag.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 22.05.13 6:41

If the one hour forty five minutes crying story is rehashed in the press, would Mr & Mrs still come out and defend their parenting skills as being reasonable parenting I wonder.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.05.13 8:29

My guess is they will have been advised by their expensive legal eagles to keep schtum. Who knows what else might be printed in the papers this weekend or any time for that matter.

We know that Mrs. listens to advice given by her legal rep. as reportedly she would not answer those 48 questions based on her solicitor's advice.

As the banner at the top of the page states - the SY review has unearthed enough further clues to warrant re-opening of the case. Hopefully we will read soon that in view of this, Mr. & Mrs. have urgently requested that this be done.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 22.05.13 9:22

Do we know who Kate is referring to in this passage of her bewk, is it meant to be Mrs. Fenn?

She writes ...

"Then a lady appeared on a balcony - I'm fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived - and, in a plummy voice, inquired "Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?" I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded 'Oh I see,' almost as if she had been told a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction.
I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point."
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.05.13 9:27

bristow wrote:She writes ...

"...I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point."
Could that have been:

"F****** Tosser"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostfridge 22.05.13 9:28

bristow wrote:Do we know who Kate is referring to in the bewk, is it meant to be Mrs. Fenn?

She writes ...

"Then a lady appeared on a balcony - I'm fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived - and, in a plummy voice, inquired "Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?" I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded 'Oh I see,' almost as if she had been told a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction.
I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point."

Did KM really write this in her book?!!! These snippets paint much different picture than I had of her originally!. I've always had an element of sympathy for her but reading things like this....I am really surprised at how obvious it is what shes trying to do and I dont think its helping her cause.
Lostfridge
Lostfridge

Activity : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.05.13 9:33

This quote is certainly mentioned elsewhere on the site as referring to Mrs Fenn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.05.13 9:35

Not just Mrs. but Fiona joined in.

Insulting an 80 odd year old lady, charming!!!!!

Of course Mrs. Fenn gave a much more detailed account in her statement, I know which version of events I believe.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalgregar 22.05.13 9:37

Lostfridge wrote:
bristow wrote:Do we know who Kate is referring to in the bewk, is it meant to be Mrs. Fenn?

She writes ...

Did KM really write this in her book?!!! These snippets paint much different picture than I had of her originally!. I've always had an element of sympathy for her but reading things like this....I am really surprised at how obvious it is what shes trying to do and I dont think its helping her cause.

A few things of notice:

1. She insults Mrs Fenn's 'plummy voice', yet I don't remember her ever insulting Clement Freud's similarly dulcet tones
2. A can of beans falling off a shelf ... falling ....
3. Mrs Fenn stated that she spoke to Gerry, not Kate.
Khalgregar

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 22.05.13 9:38

bobbin wrote:
margaret wrote:
The first thing the made me think the parents were suspicious was reading in the daily mail that jez Wilkins saw Gerry by the shutters of the apartment that night and Gerry came over to talk to him. So that's why l believe the cadaver scent was in the flower bed too.

And afterwards someone forgot or didn't have time to 'jemmy' those shutters.
Margaret, I remember reading that too, but couldn't remember where and on searching I find its not around any more.
Do you have a copy of the article or can you remember any more details. The fact that Gerry went over to talk to him would place them round the front of the house, by the car park which is where Jez would have started his walk with the child in the buggy around 8 to 8.30, and at some time he saw the lady in the purple dress, looking at 5a whom he later discovered was Jane Tanner.
Your memories here would be good.

I've had the weekend Daily Mails for years and it would have been in either a Saturday or Sunday version. Thinking back though it must have been within a month of Maddie disappearing.

I clearly remember it because up until then l believed the McCanns - had no reason to think they were lying even though l thought they were odd and coldly behaved - it was that story that made me think 'wtf' and l went on the internet to find forums/chat rooms to see if anyone else was thinking what l was thinking. I found the mirror forums  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 1956175960and have been around since.

I have since tried to find those articles online with no luck. I did get in touch with the DM but they wanted £8 a copy and since l don't know the exact date it could be a costly exercise, but l know it was in there because as l say, that's when the penny dropped for me.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 22.05.13 9:45

I also remember Jeremy saying that Gerry was fiddling with the shutters. way back in 07 on tapestrytalks(pro site) some one there remembers it.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 22.05.13 10:03

MJC wrote:
bristow wrote:She writes ...

"...I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point."
Could that have been:

"F****** Tosser"?

What an odd thing to shout back. It almost doesn't fit the situation, it is meaningless.

That's a thing people shout at drivers or people who they are arguing with. Not something that fits when you feel somebody is nosy and insensitive.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.05.13 10:08

margaret wrote:
bobbin wrote:
margaret wrote:
The first thing the made me think the parents were suspicious was reading in the daily mail that jez Wilkins saw Gerry by the shutters of the apartment that night and Gerry came over to talk to him. So that's why l believe the cadaver scent was in the flower bed too.

And afterwards someone forgot or didn't have time to 'jemmy' those shutters.
Margaret, I remember reading that too, but couldn't remember where and on searching I find its not around any more.
Do you have a copy of the article or can you remember any more details. The fact that Gerry went over to talk to him would place them round the front of the house, by the car park which is where Jez would have started his walk with the child in the buggy around 8 to 8.30, and at some time he saw the lady in the purple dress, looking at 5a whom he later discovered was Jane Tanner.
Your memories here would be good.

I've had the weekend Daily Mails for years and it would have been in either a Saturday or Sunday version. Thinking back though it must have been within a month of Maddie disappearing.

I clearly remember it because up until then l believed the McCanns - had no reason to think they were lying even though l thought they were odd and coldly behaved - it was that story that made me think 'wtf' and l went on the internet to find forums/chat rooms to see if anyone else was thinking what l was thinking. I found the mirror forums  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 28 1956175960and have been around since.

I have since tried to find those articles online with no luck. I did get in touch with the DM but they wanted £8 a copy and since l don't know the exact date it could be a costly exercise, but l know it was in there because as l say, that's when the penny dropped for me.

Jeremy Wilkins Statment snipped from

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

On Thursday 3rd May 2007 at 10 am I went to the tennis lesson as usual and Jerry was there and a female. The other two (2) females were not present. We again engaged in general conversation and played the lesson for an hour. I went to the pool where BRIDGETTE was. I think JERRY'S wife, KATE was already by the pool and he joined her. JERRY and KATE were speaking to the tennis coach. We weren't really involved in a conversation by JERRY would say the odd [word missing] and get involved in [word missing].

At 12.30 pm we went to pick XXXX [daughter] up from the crèche as usual. Everyone left the pool at about the same time. I didn't see JERRY or KATE.

We returned to our apartment. We decided to spend the evening-in, watching television. Our son was awake and unable to sleep. I decided to take him for a walk in his pram. I left about 8.15 pm – 8.30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I couldn't see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out of the top road. I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat.

There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said 'you're on walking duty'. I said I was staying in and the pro's and con's and what to do with the children. He said that if he was staying two (2) weeks, he may stay in one night. I don't remember anyone else walk past with a child. The conversation lasted for about three (3) to five (5) minutes. He was acting completely normal from what I know of him so far.

I then walked back to the apartment. I had dinner, watched a DVD and went to bed at about 11 pm

Is this similer to what was in the DM?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 22.05.13 11:12

It didn't go into that much detail cherry blossom. I think it was just a general mention of events that night.

I remember words to the effect of: 'Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry by the shutters'

After seeing Tinys post he may be correct, the word tampering may have been there?? At least from what l read l made that inference.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 22.05.13 11:17

We could really do with Jez rewalking that route around the complex to narrow down the time he met GM.

JW says he left his apartment at 8.15pm - 8.30pm. How far is just just around the complex? I'm sure he would remember if he went round once, twice, three times.

He would have had time to take a much further walk (45 mins to 1 hour) if, as Gerry says, they didn't meet until 9.15pm. (Of course, because
Jayne says she saw them together, then Jayne is also saying that GM met JW at 9.15pm)

It would be helpful to be able to prove that the meeting happened earlier

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.05.13 11:29

The point is - there is NO COMPLEX.
The pool and bar and tennis courts are enclosed by a wall, but all the apartments are in the village, leased to MW by the owners. They are outside any wall.
So walking round the complex is meaningless.
He was walking round the village, as far and wide as he wanted.
So a detailed report of where he went would be very interesting.
Or rather, would have been . . since it is extremely unlikely that after six years his recollection would be of much value.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 22.05.13 13:01

I don`t know if this piece by Duarte Levy and Paulo Reis is correct but it gives an indication of part of JW`s route.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/mccann-case-jeremy-wilkins-and-woman-in.html
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 22.05.13 13:35

aiyoyo wrote:If the one hour forty five minutes crying story is rehashed in the press, would Mr & Mrs still come out and defend their parenting skills as being reasonable parenting I wonder.

They're upgraded to heroic!!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 22.05.13 13:43

Lostfridge wrote:

She writes ...

Kate is strong like the steel magnolias and with equal lack of feelings. Which other mother would leave her child alone after it asked "why didn't you come when we were crying?".

I know some think that never happened and is a setup for the abduction story. I do believe it happened and fits very well in the narcissistic character of Kate.

Don't forget about Gerry: just look at my signature to see what his idea about responsible parenting is.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top