The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by worriedmum 09.07.14 23:13

plebgate wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:Having given their testimonies, the McCanns are driven away from the court.  Note the wee one's wristband and the body language:

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Guardi11
She looks like thunder!
She's looking awfully thin and skeletal too. I'm no doctor, obviously, but I would recommend a lot less running and a sensible diet with plenty of good proteins.
Yes she does look rather annoyed I think.    Looks to me like she is giving him the cold shoulder.   Reminds me of Royalty again, that pic. when Diana turned away from Charlie in the limo.
They are not connecting with each other at all . He is upright and tense, with closed- in body language. Kate looks exhausted,but her eyes look haunted, to me.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Iamtheseeker 09.07.14 23:15

Possibly he let one out in fear ? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 09.07.14 23:16

missmar1 wrote:Kate Mccann has complained Mr Amaral's book has caused her and her family no end of anguish -  yet she herself has also written a book for her remaining children to read when they are older.  From what I gather there are certain pages in her book that relate to sensitive issues - including her  inability to make love to their dad and her thoughts about what could be happening to their older missing sister's  "perfect genitals "  apparently, Kate Mccann wants her twins to read all about it !

Although only young now, and no doubt believe every word their parents tell them, one day, these twins will be able to read their mother's book and, also, when old enough, go to the resort where their sister disappeared.  They will be able to see for themselves the exact distance that was between the apartment and the tappas bar ...... they will also have access to the original tappas statements, the PJ files and Mr Amaral's book.  They will be able to compare what is contained in the files and their mother's book .  

The Mccann's have opened a can of worms by dragging their children into this libel trial. All my opinion only.
'Perfect genitals'? Very odd writing about things like that, in my opinion. Well at least her genitals are perfect, because according to Gerry, Maddie, as a whole, was just 'almost perfect'. So what was wrong with her then? Just wondering.

Ironically, I am just watching 'Archangel' as I write this. There are a lot of hard-line believers in Josef Stalin, and how great he was, in spite of masses of evidence to the contrary. People were brainwashed to the point where they could not see the faults in spite of everything available to them. Why would you expect Sean and Amelie to see otherwise, in spite of everything written and available, if they have been brainwashed enough to believe only in the 'truth' they are presented at home?

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 09.07.14 23:17

Brian Griffin wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:Having given their testimonies, the McCanns are driven away from the court.  Note the wee one's wristband and the body language:

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Guardi11
She looks like thunder!
She's looking awfully thin and skeletal too. I'm no doctor, obviously, but I would recommend a lot less running and a sensible diet with plenty of good proteins.

No wonder she 'looks like thunder', BG - she's just had to listen to the wee one holding forth outside the court and she was lucky to get a sentence in which, following her debacle last time round, makes me wonder whether she was under orders to let the lord and master do the talking.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.07.14 23:18

Woofer wrote:He has an aura of being so very superior, important - she just looks as if she`s winding the window up to me.
\
With her left hand ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 09.07.14 23:20

PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:He has an aura of being so very superior, important - she just looks as if she`s winding the window up to me.
\
With her left hand ?

Good point Clouseau - although she may be left handed.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 09.07.14 23:21

AYE she could be left hand drive  big grin
Iamtheseeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi 09.07.14 23:22

It would only be a button, no-one's wound a window in about 20 years... smilie 
I think she's sitting as far away from him as possible, but it's difficult to tell what's going on in stills.
Ochosi

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 09.07.14 23:24

Cos he farted out of fear of getting caught and left a stink in the car after telling lies all these years? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 09.07.14 23:25

PeterMac wrote:
\
With her left hand ?

There is certainly a huge void between them as they sit in the back of the car, after a shared traumatic experience. I would have expected at least a gentle hand holding, especially from a couple where in the past we were exposed to the female partner who couldn't keep her mauling hands off her man.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 09.07.14 23:25

Ochosi wrote:It would only be a button, no-one's wound a window in about 20 years... smilie 
I think she's sitting as far away from him as possible, but it's difficult to tell what's going on in stills.

I beg your pardon - we`re not all rich enough to afford automatic buttons for everything - or we may like classic cars.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 09.07.14 23:26

Nina wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
\
With her left hand ?

There is certainly a huge void between them as they sit in the back of the car, after a shared traumatic experience. I would have expected at least a gentle hand holding, especially from a couple where in the past we were exposed to the female partner who couldn't keep her mauling hands off her man.
Especially with all those cameras clicking away.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Ice Creams 09.07.14 23:28

PeterMac wrote:
\
With her left hand ?

I've noticed many times she's rather physically "awkward" ... so, yes, she probably would wind the window with her left hand, particularly if she's clutching a freshly laundered Cuddle Cat in her right hand.  She was carrying Cuddle Cat, right?  big grin
Five Ice Creams

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 09.07.14 23:35

Cuddlecat did a Garbo years ago, FIC, and spends his days perched on top of the 7 years' worth of Christmas and Birthday presents which are piled in Madeleine's bedroom at the Towers awaiting her return from the 'situation she finds herself in'.  yes 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi 09.07.14 23:36

Woofer wrote:
Ochosi wrote:It would only be a button, no-one's wound a window in about 20 years... smilie 

I beg your pardon - we`re not all rich enough to afford automatic buttons for everything - or we may like classic cars.

It was meant as a joke, Woofer, but I don't think that car would be manual window winding - not that it's important.
Ochosi

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 09.07.14 23:38

Ochosi wrote:
Woofer wrote:

It was meant as a joke, Woofer, but I don't think that car would be manual window winding - not that it's important.
Those cars don't come cheap either.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 09.07.14 23:39

Woofer wrote:Running is a drug you know - like cycling - once you start running its difficult to stop.

One reason that jogging so soon after Maddie`s `disappearance` was because of tension borne out of guilt IMO.
I'm amazed at all the running and sports and what appeared to be business as usual after their child went missing. I wouldn't be able to jog. I'd be in a state of shock and would probably need strong sedation after wearing myself out searching frantically for my daughter for days on end. After the adrenalin wore out I'd have been a complete mess. Neither of them were anything of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 10.07.14 0:03

Brian Griffin wrote:
Woofer wrote:Running is a drug you know - like cycling - once you start running its difficult to stop.

One reason that jogging so soon after Maddie`s `disappearance` was because of tension borne out of guilt IMO.
I'm amazed at all the running and sports and what appeared to be business as usual after their child went missing. I wouldn't be able to jog. I'd be in a state of shock and would probably need strong sedation after wearing myself out searching frantically for my daughter for days on end. After the adrenalin wore out I'd have been a complete mess. Neither of them were anything of the sort.

It was the jogging that was my WTF moment. I just could not believe they could go go jogging (and blogging about their times) within days of their 3 year old daughter's disappearance. If my baby was missing I know that I could not lift myself out of my chair.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 10.07.14 0:25

i dont believe sean asked that...at least not how kate said it..i think she wanted to show how distressed she is blah blah kate always about you..cant see why a confession dont come out then would be about you for sure IMO. Its disgusting how Madeleine is still only your convenience

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 10.07.14 0:29

So  Kate "thinks" it was on the school bus that Sean heard this radio interview so she is obviously not 100% certain?? so who is 100% certain Sean or Kate or maybe it's all 100% made up. nah
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 10.07.14 0:41

I think it's high time SY really put the pressure on K&G ... Kate's performance three weeks ago, Gerry's habit of putting his foot in things (plus his non-verbal communications) and their obvious unease together suggests to me that one of them would slip up.

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 31 Empty Kate McCann Court transcript

Post by SallyVern 10.07.14 0:49

If this has been posted before please delete

www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/77sep13/AnneGuedes_12_09_2013.htm#day12km

Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 12 – Kate McCann's deposition

The hearing as it happened 
(08.07.2014, 9:45am)

The judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro starts by asking the lawyers for the defence whether they intend to speak out about a request that was made by the plaintiffs on the 26th of June. They say they give up.
The judge then refers to the fact that the plaintiffs appealed against the decision not to hear the parties whereas Gonçalo Amaral didn't and that therefore only Gerald and Kate McCann will be heard to-day.
The judge finally clarifies what was her first point: the plaintiffs had asked for information about the financial situation of GA on the 6th of January but didn't obtain it, Dra Isabel Duarte having requested on the 26th of June a Court's order for the Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira (HM Revenue and Customs) to disclose confidential documents concerning GA.
The judge decides to grant this request, which was opposed only by the Guerra&Paz lawyer who finds it unnecessary and increasing the delay up to the end of this trial. The plaintiffs have ten days to obtain the documents and release them to the tribunal.
Therefore the hearing scheduled for this afternoon (Dra Duarte) and the hearing on the 10th (the defence lawyers) will have to be postponed. Sine die, because of 

1) the tribunal holidays (starting on 16 of July and ending on 31 of August) and 

2) A new judiciary organization that will be implemented in the whole country in the beginning of September.

Statement of Kate McCann
The first plaintiff to be heard is Kate Healy (name on her passport). Standing, as any witness did, she indicates her identity, address, profession (says she is a doctor but doesn't work any more), etc. Finally the judge claims that the plaintiff is here to make a statement on some facts of this trial. The plaintiff is expected to speak the truth about those points. Then she's invited to sit down.
The statement that the new CPC authorises is in fact not a voluntary and deliberate oral deposition, but consists of replying to the judge's questions. After that questioning, the lawyers are invited to submit their own questions, but those are themselves questioned by the judge who will reformulate or possibly reject some of them.

Judge – Do you remember when you first learnt about the book by Gonçalo Amaral and when you read it?
KMC learnt that the book existed through the media and read parts of it that were quoted. She read it completely around the end of 2008.
Judge – How did you feel when you read the book?
KMC says that she was devastated. She already had an idea of what was in that book, but when she read it all she felt desperate because of the injustice against her and her family as a whole and also felt anxious because of the damage that this book was causing to Madeleine. She gives as an example the fact that the book accuses her and her husband of being somehow involved and of faking an abduction. The book smears her and her husband throughout.
Judge – What data are you now referring to?
KMC says that the book had many negative effects in Portugal. She says that this book sounds credible and if people believe what it says, that Madeleine is dead, they will not search for her and bring more information about her. She says that it is a particularly serious matter that such a theory is published in Portugal, because it is from there that Madeleine disappeared.

Judge – Do you remember the documentary?
KMC says that Portuguese and non Portuguese friends told her that it had been horrible, they didn't dare to tell her on the night it was broadcast, but the following day they gave her details.
Judge – Did you happen to watch it?
KMC says that she watched it when it was available on the Web.
Judge – What new element does this documentary bring? How did you feel watching it compared to what you felt when you read the book?
KMC finds that the destructive power of the documentary is bigger, it is yet more damaging.
Judge – Did you feel worse and why?
KMC explains that the documentary is more definitive and cutting than the book. She felt despair because of the injustice towards her family as a whole and she was anxious that it would damage the search since there was no official investigation and they were the only ones working very hard. As it was jeopardising their efforts, she felt pain and fear.

The Judge asks whether KMC knows about an interview given by Gonçalo Amaral to the Correio da Manhã, whether she remembers a particular interview.
KMC remembers an interview about the documentary, she remembers in particular one where it was said that Madeleine was dead, that they had kept her body in a freezer and transported it in the car boot.
Judge asks how KMC was made aware of the interviews.
KMC replies that she has friends in Portugal and that those friends sent her the articles and indicated the essential points.
Judge – When did you learn of that interview?
KMC doesn't remember the date but thinks it was soon after... (Suspended voice)
Judge – How did you react?
KMC says that her friends in Portugal were a big support.

Judge – How do you feel concerning the perception that the majority of Portuguese are against you?
KMC says that negative claims are very distressing and bothering.
Judge – Do you feel rather uncomfortable, ashamed?
KMC replies that "ashamed" is not quite the right word for it. She clarifies that it makes her lose confidence.
Judge asks whether she suffered because the people thought that they were cowards for having hidden the body.
KMC, after a silence, says that people thought much worse than that.

Judge – Did that cause you insomnia?
KMC says that it happened obviously, but that she isn't no more as she was, destroyed. She says that she cried, that the book brought her pain and emotion while she was desperate to find Madeleine.

Judge – Do the twins know about the book, the documentary?
KMC answers that of course they use computers at school and at home and she has to be very careful and try to supervise the information they get.
Judge – Do they have a global idea about what people say?
KMC mentions that her son, in October asked her why Mr Amaral said that they hid Madeleine. She answered that there were many stupid things in his book.
Judge – How did your son know about that? How was it possible if you were careful to prevent access to the book?
KMC thinks he heard it on the radio, in the school bus.
Judge – So what did you do?
KMC says that they spoke to David Trickey who advised them to let the twins make comments and just answer when they ask questions. She says that they had to contact the school in case a child would tell the twins about something that is in the book. She says that the book is noxious for adults and must be even more damaging for children.
Judge asks if KMC had a depression.
KMC says no, but of course she had been depressed.
Judge – Clinically?
KMC – No.
Judge – Did you publicly say that you wished you were in a coma to forget the pain?
KMC – Yes.
Judge – In what circumstances? Was it linked to the disappearance of Madeleine or to the book and the documentary?
KMC replies that the pain was increased by the book.
The judge asks how old the twins are (9) and when they started school (2009).

Isabel Duarte (for the plaintiffs) – Was there a reaction to the book and the documentary in the UK?
Judge reformulates but keeps the question
KMC says that there were a bit less reactions than in Portugal and that it was because of the media who accepted what the book said and published reports upon it. People on the Web and through e-mails were stimulated to insult them, like the Madeleine Foundation, and created a lot of damages. As Gonçalo Amaral was the coordinator of the investigation, it provided him credibility and it intensified the vilification of them.

Judge – What is the Madeleine Foundation?
KMC explains that it's a group of people who essentially promotes theories up to the point of trying to manipulate people in their village.
Judge – What relation is there between this group and the book?
KMC says there is none, but they invited Gonçalo Amaral. She thinks that he didn't go.
Judge – This group was created because of the book?
KMC – No, it existed before the book was published. She says that obviously the book strengthened them.

Isabel Duarte says she wants KMC to speak of the threats. The judge asks from who, from where, but as Isabel Duarte doesn't known the judge rejects this question because it is not within the scope of the trial.

The judge gets back to the conversation with Sean and asks whether he left it at that.
KMC says it occurred only then, after that they followed the Trickey's advice.
Judge – Did Sean speak again to you about it?
KMC – No.

Gonçalo Amaral's new lawyer, Miguel Cruz Rodrigues, wants to know what caused more distress to KMC.
The judge rephrases – What disturbed you more: the disappearance of your daughter, the fact you were made arguido or the reason for this trial, i.e the book and the documentary?
KMC says there's nothing worse than the abduction of a child, but that the rest intensified the pain and that there are limits to what a person can bear.

MCR mentions the topic of the social (image) destruction. The judge confirms that it is an issue to establish or refute.
Judge – Did you have the support of famous people like Angelina Jolie?
KMC says that she has no idea about Angelina Jolie, but knows that renowned people supported them.

MCR mentions a celebration that gathered 20 thousand people in order to pray on the 8th of December 2008
http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/news/3959495.Thousands_join_East_Lancashire_group_s_prayers_for_Madeleine_McCann/
KMC doesn't remember and asks where it was.
MCR says it was in the UK.
KMC says that there are obviously people who pray.

MCR mentions that KMC became an ambassador for Missing People in July 2012. Judge repeats the question.
KMC – Yes.

MCR mentions a gala party in January 2010 to commemorate 1000 days. Does she remember?
KMC – Yes.

The judge tells KMC that she's free to leave or to remain in the Court room. She remains there, sitting next to her lawyer.
And so it ended

With many thanks to QV and Astro for review
SallyVern

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 10.07.14 0:53

maebee wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:

It was the jogging that was my WTF moment. I just could not believe they could go go jogging (and blogging about their times) within days of their 3 year old daughter's disappearance. If my baby was missing I know that I could not lift myself out of my chair.
Noone normal would have been able to. They seem to see nothing wrong in any of it, though.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 10.07.14 0:55

petunia wrote:So  Kate "thinks" it was on the school bus that Sean heard this radio interview so she is obviously not 100% certain?? so who is 100% certain Sean or Kate or maybe it's all 100% made up. nah

Ridiculous. If Seán did ask this question, which I do not believe he did, it should be ingrained in her memory, it being that traumatic. Why did she not document it like she did with other events related to Madeleine's disappearance, in her "diary"? She is such a bad liar.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 10.07.14 0:57

kimHager wrote:i dont believe sean asked that...at least not how kate said it..i think she wanted to show how distressed she is  blah blah kate always about you..cant see why a confession dont come out then would be about you for sure IMO. Its disgusting how Madeleine is still only your convenience
It's a bridge too far I think, and they know that. Hopefully it will all start to unravel now, and the truth will start to come out. I'm not holding my breath though! I think the verdict on the trial should have been given on the day. If they win this trial after all this, it's time to put the chairs on the tables and turn out the lights.

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top