The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 14:42

jeanmonroe wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
frost wrote:Also noted not once did the McCanns say the word abducted or abductor , does this mean they know the game is finally up and nobody believes their abduction story one jot . 

I thought Gerry using the term  no evidence Madeleine has been seriously injured rather strange if she had been seriously injured she would have been found by now probably within the first 24 hours of going missing .
I wondered if he was acknowledging the tiny bit of blood found in the apartment, an injury maybe, but not a serious one.

That would be the 'bit of blood' the McCanns hastily jumped in with, and suggested, when it was 'found' 'that might have been from a Madeleine 'nose bleed'

Then when the previous 'tenant' said 'it might be his from shaving' (albeit he must have been having a 'secret' shave BEHIND the sofa against the wall!)

The McCanns SAID 'Oh, oh, the blood must of been his!"

Having previously said 'it might have been from Madeleine 'nose bleed'

The things they say, (and 'forget') eh?

Indeed. With all the inconsistent statements they, and others, have made over the years, one can't help but wonder why they are still at liberty.
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 29 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Brian Griffin 16.06.14 14:43

Just a total mindset of how inconvenient all these petty things are , if 'getting justice for Madeliene' is so important, why would booking a few flights and a hotel room online be such a big deal?  It would take 30 mins tops.
These details struck me too, as being so insignificant, they are not worth mentioning. It wouldn't even take 30 mins if you get a travel agent to do it for you! But the childcare thing really takes the biscuit!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.06.14 14:45

Yes, Maddie does have a human right to be searched for - so why wasn't a stamp put on an envelope and a request made for the case to be re-opened in Portugal?  Rocky has stated that this was all that was required.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 16.06.14 14:46

Well, nobody saw that coming did they!? Wow. What on earth to make of it? I suppose we have to look at the two immediate outcomes:

1. The McCanns were absolutely RAGING - both of them were livid and could barely speak through their anger on the steps.
2. The press have got a much bigger story than they otherwise would have got - and it's getting LOTS more airtime due to its unexpectedness

Let's assume it's a ploy by Amaral. Why do it? Well, whilst point 1 is probably very satisfying for him - (and it was clearly one of his aims) it's a very temporary victory. So it must be point 2 - publicity. Perhaps he is correctly assuming that if he raises the profile of the case, then when it resumes in 10 days time, the press coverage will be MUCH bigger than it otherwise would have been. Might this then suggest that he is very confident of winning, and wants to make sure that the UK press don't simply ignore it? Hard to say.

The snag with that theory is that this is not verdict day. This was just closing arguments and pointless speeches from the McCanns day. So it's not a very good plan - because next time their 'big speech' will get more publicity.

The other possibility is simply that he knows he has lost and is delaying the inevitable. But again that doesn't stack up because this was not verdict day.

WEIRD...  huh 
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 14:48

Bishop Brennan wrote:
The other possibility is simply that he knows he has lost and is delaying the inevitable.  But again that doesn't stack up because this was not verdict day.  

WEIRD...  huh 

Or that he knows (or hopes) that the recent searches have uncovered something damning that just needs a little extra time to be confirmed.
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.14 14:50

Joey Deacon wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
The other possibility is simply that he knows he has lost and is delaying the inevitable.  But again that doesn't stack up because this was not verdict day.  

WEIRD...  huh 

Or that he knows (or hopes) that the recent searches have uncovered something damning that just needs a little extra time to be confirmed.

They sure packed up and left smartish, did they find something and are now waiting for results?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.06.14 14:50

No midget holding brolly to shelter them and no LIFT Consultant surrounding them to ward off Press and Cameras.

They were left to fence for themselves; and Kate looks absolutely thunderously constipated in her attempt to look distress....

Watch out PUNCH bag in Rothley....here I come.....!

Be prepared for a source close to the couple or a family friend to speak to the UK press as soon as the easyjet engine is turned off.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16.06.14 14:50

@Bishop Brennan, the only way he could lose this case would be if the judge has been got at.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 16.06.14 14:51

frost wrote:Also noted not once did the McCanns say the word abducted or abductor , does this mean they know the game is finally up and nobody believes their abduction story one jot . 

I thought Gerry using the term  no evidence Madeleine has been seriously injured rather strange if she had been seriously injured she would have been found by now probably within the first 24 hours of going missing .

I noticed that strange remark from him - why, after all these years would he say " seriously injured"     ( bear with me )   would he have said that if he had not been so angry at todays turn of events and didn't stop to put his brain into gear before he spoke ?  
 I am wondering if it was a slip of the tongue because he may be very worried and afraid there has been evidence found that indicates she may have been injured before she was disposed of/buried ?  just me wondering WHY he would have mentioned seriously injured  ?
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.14 14:51

aiyoyo wrote:No midget holding brolly to shelter them and no LIFT Consultant surrounding them to ward off Press and Cameras.

They were left to fence for themselves; and Kate looks absolutely thunderously constipated in her attempt to look distress....

Be prepared for a source close to the couple or a family friend  to speak to the UK press as soon as the easyjet engine is turned off.
 spit coffee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by elasticandy 16.06.14 14:51

Bishop Brennan wrote:Well, nobody saw that coming did they!?  Wow.  What on earth to make of it?   I suppose we have to look at the two immediate outcomes:

1. The McCanns were absolutely RAGING - both of them were livid and could barely speak through their anger on the steps.  
2. The press have got a much bigger story than they otherwise would have got - and it's getting LOTS more airtime due to its unexpectedness

Let's assume it's a ploy by Amaral.  Why do it?  Well, whilst point 1 is probably very satisfying for him - (and it was clearly one of his aims) it's a very temporary victory.  So it must be point 2 - publicity.  Perhaps he is correctly assuming that if he raises the profile of the case, then when it resumes in 10 days time, the press coverage will be MUCH bigger than it otherwise would have been.    Might this then suggest that he is very confident of winning, and wants to make sure that the UK press don't simply ignore it?   Hard to say.

The snag with that theory is that this is not verdict day.  This was just closing arguments and pointless speeches from the McCanns day. So it's not a very good plan - because next time their 'big speech' will get more publicity.  

WEIRD...  huh 
Well let's hope there is some logic to this - more time to gather evidence? who knows - GA tipped off?

One good thing that has come out of this is that Gerry and Kate now realise the importance of childcare - even though Kate has to arrange this as if its the most complex of arrangements - dead or alive Madeleine deserved childcare or parents that cared. 

Justice for Madeleine I say. She is the only victim not Gerry or Kate.
elasticandy

Activity : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.06.14 14:52

If he is not confident (as confident as he can be )of a win,why is he still speaking out on tv?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind 16.06.14 14:53

Have just watched the video outside court today. GM's reaction the KM's childcare comment is the funniest thing I've seen in ages laughat 

And he does NOT want to let her talk after that!

Not quite the united front I would expect........

I to wonder if GA has been asked to cause a delay??? yes

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.06.14 14:54

Gerry: What is clear is that the searches haven't found any evidence to show that Madeleine has been seriously injured or is dead. So, as far as we're concerned, there is a good chance she's still alive and we have to keep searching for her. That's why we're here.
-----------------------------------------------
"searching" for Madeleine outside and inside a Court room, in Lisbon, and THAT'S WHY you are in Portugal, Gerry?

Really?

I thought she went 'missing' in beautiful Praia daLuz., 183 kms from Lisbon.

Oh well , you learn something every day.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 14:54

missmar1 wrote:

I noticed that strange remark from him - why, after all these years would he say " seriously injured"     ( bear with me )   would he have said that if he had not been so angry at todays turn of events and didn't stop to put his brain into gear before he spoke ?  
 I am wondering if it was a slip of the tongue because he may be very worried and afraid there has been evidence found that indicates she may have been injured before she was disposed of/buried ?  just me wondering WHY he would have mentioned seriously injured  ?

It does seem rather odd to use that phrase now if it's never been used before.

An off script moment perhaps?
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 16.06.14 14:56

aiyoyo wrote:No midget holding brolly to shelter them and no LIFT Consultant surrounding them to ward off Press and Cameras.

Be prepared for a source close to the couple or a family friend  to speak to the UK press as soon as the easyjet engine is turned off.

Anyone know why Clarence wasn't there lurking ready to fend off the reporters asking direct questions to the couple  ?
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 16.06.14 14:57

That's the other fail with the McCanns impromptu raging on the court steps...Madeleine is being searched for, by two police forces in two countries at a significant expense...so what are they blethering on about.  Amaral is not preventing the current searches in any way, shape or form.  Amaral has never prevented any searching, at any time.

Oh dear, it's gone a bit belly up for the Mc's today and the interview has shown them in a particularly bad light..if that's the only reason for the delay, then it's a good one, but I do think there is more to it than that.  Snr Amaral is not a spiteful or petty man, and whilst the ensuing melee has had the added bonus of putting the McCanns on the backfoot, I doubt that would be the only reason to make such a decision.
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 14:57

missmar1 wrote:

Anyone know why Clarence wasn't there lurking ready to fend off the reporters asking direct questions to the couple  ?

Having coffee and cakes with his potential constituents in Brighton?
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.06.14 14:58

All I hope is that we don't see them on wee Kelly's sofa between now and 8th July, telling us all how unfair it all is.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.06.14 14:59

missmar1 wrote:

Possible he might have spotted a stray dog that needed rescuing at that exact moment.  big grin
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16.06.14 14:59

missmar1 wrote:

I was going to ask that question about Clarence,wonder if he has jumped ship
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 16.06.14 15:00

plebgate wrote:All I hope is that we don't see them on wee Kelly's sofa between now and 8th July, telling us all how unfair it all is.

Say what you like about La Kelly, she's a total fox  big grin
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.14 15:01

missmar1 wrote:

It really jumps out in the same way as did that remark re 'the abductor might do something to her eye' (the good marketing ploy one).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 16.06.14 15:03

Wow! I have just read the 80 comments on the Mail article, only 5 supportive, their outburst has done them no favours. Many people picking up on the childcare comment.

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 16.06.14 15:05

MILLIE wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

It really jumps out in the same way as did that remark re 'the abductor might do something to her eye' (the good marketing ploy one).
As with all things McCann, there's usually something behind what they say, but why seriously injured, would being injured in any way not be terrible, especially as she wasn't even 4 yrs old.  It's reminiscent of Gerry's unbelievably crass remark that if Madeleine had hurt herself in the apartment, how would that be their fault...
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top