The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by SallyVern 08.06.14 18:44

aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:
Clare wrote:aiyoyo,

The Express is naming the source as none other than the Portuguese Authorities.

"Portuguese authorities in Lisbon looked at potential evidence British officers had against all the suspects before agreeing that they could be questioned....Portuguese newspapers say Scotland Yard is looking at the theory that a drugs gang seeking money from burglaries came across Madeleine during a raid on apartment 5a and took her away.....Detectives think the burglars carried out a previous break-in at the resort, disturbing another child, days before Madeleine vanished. The first youngster’s parents rushed in after hearing a noise to find the intruders had fled. Police did not link the incidents during the fruitless first inquiry"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/480979/Madeleine-McCann-Three-to-be-quizzed-as-hunt-continues?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

Sneaky.  "Police did not link the incidents during the fruitless first inquiry".  Why would they link the incidents, if they had no evidence of a burglary?  
Maybe because burglars nick cameras, laptops, mobile phones, jewellery, wallets, money.

The only laptop and mobile phone nicked in a burglary connected to this case is from the Hubbards (note to self - I really need to see a dentist about my itchy teeth). Gerry had his wallet 'nicked' in UK and it was miraculously returned minus credit cards, UK money but thoughtfully the UK thieves left the Euros.
I've never believed the story about the stolen wallet personally. Maybe pre-empting to head off something that never arose? If my memory serves me well, I think he said that his stolen wallet made him late for a meeting or made the meetings run late (can't remember which one). He made a big thing about the special photo of Madeleine yet when the wallet was returned the photo, as far as I'm aware, was never mentioned. Odd. Adding to that, GM mentioned he had to cancel his credit cards, all of which makes me feel that the stolen wallet was a cover story, but for what is anyone's guess.
SallyVern

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by stillsloppingout 08.06.14 18:49

SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:
I've never believed the story about the stolen wallet personally. Maybe pre-empting to head off something that never arose? If my memory serves me well, I think he said that his stolen wallet made him late for a meeting or made the meetings run late (can't remember which one). He made a big thing about the special photo of Madeleine yet when the wallet was returned the photo, as far as I'm aware, was never mentioned. Odd. Adding to that, GM mentioned he had to cancel his credit cards, all of which makes me feel that the stolen wallet was a cover story, but for what is anyone's guess.
IMO drug users cut lines with credit cards , traces of coke ?
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 08.06.14 19:53

N
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

You could just rinse them under the tap, no need to get rid of them. Denying some kind of transaction, or being somewhere at a certain time when paying for something has to be the only reason to pretend they were stolen.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 08.06.14 19:58

ChippyM wrote:N
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

You could just rinse them under the tap, no need to get rid of them. Denying some kind of transaction, or being somewhere at a certain time when paying for something has to be the only reason to pretend they were stolen.
Not as easy as that . with the cards , the wallet being made of cotton and leather would have traces of drugs on it even if washed . probably the cards too.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.06.14 20:03

stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

I wonder what transaction or certain place could be? Hmm IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 08.06.14 20:19

Surely transactions can be traced on statement etc . changing card alters the 3 digit code at the back thats all i can think .

I still think he IMO kept his marching powder in the wallet , and no cleaning would remove the traces from the nose of dogs .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 08.06.14 20:20

Justformaddie wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

Card or no card the powers that be could still trace transactions.

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 08.06.14 20:25

Justformaddie wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

If his wallet/cards were nicked. He'd have a crime number wouldn't he? Rather than just lost.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 08.06.14 20:30

From Twitter:

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Proxy
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyVern 08.06.14 20:31

MRNOODLES wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

If his wallet/cards were nicked.  He'd have a crime number wouldn't he?  Rather than just lost.
If he reported it stolen then yes. Lost property (if reported to the police) also gets logged but with a different number.
SallyVern

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 08.06.14 20:33

bristow wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
SallyVern wrote:
aquila wrote:
Naz_Nomad wrote:

Card or no card the powers that be could still trace transactions.

Yes but if you report them stolen you can say whoever stole them carried out the transactions, it weren't me guv!

As for traces of coke on a card, wallet etc after washing it's irrelevant as you can 't be prosecuted for having minute amounts of drugs. Traces of coke is often found on the notes in our wallets, no-one is prosecuted for that. So if anyone had been using a Cc for doing lines of drugs so what?  It wouldn't count as possesion and no reason to pretend your cards were stolen.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Latest News

Post by canada12 08.06.14 20:53

LATEST NEWS

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/08/police-search-praia-de-luz-portugal-madeleine-mccann
Sun sets on week-long search for Madeleine McCann by British police
Locals come to terms with invasion of journalists and further disruption as detectives' investigation moves to new area

Josh Halliday and Brendan de Beer in Praia da Luz, Portugal
   The Guardian, Sunday 8 June 2014 20.07 BST

British policemen searching a cordoned-off area of Praia da Luz for signs of madeleine mccann
British police working in the cordoned-off area in Praia da Luz. They uncovered a hidden shaft and what appeared to be a makeshift grave. Photo: Francisco Seco/AP

It began with British detectives on all fours scouring a hilly stretch of scrubland on the Algarve coast. But as the sun set on the first week of searches in Praia da Luz, the air of hopeful anticipation collapsed into acrimony as the parents of Madeleine McCann were forced yet again to plead for calm.

Police officers on Sunday night packed up and left a six-hectare (15-acre) site where they had focused their operations over the previous week. On Wednesday they will start again on two new areas near a campsite in the Portuguese village where Madeleine was last seen alive seven years ago.

For Kate and Gerry McCann, who were told by police not to visit Portugal while the searches were under way, the agony continues. As last week's searches drew to a close, they defied orders to keep a low profile and appealed to people to "refrain from spreading rumours and speculation based on inaccurate press reporting".

"We are kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress," the couple said. "Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home."

The McCanns' rare public statement came after a tortuous week when the face of their missing daughter was again splashed across the front pages of newspapers at home in Britain and in Portugal, after a team of about 50 police officers cordoned off a dense stretch of wasteland a short walk from the holiday apartment where Madeleine disappeared on 3 May 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

As the painstaking investigative work got under way, incremental developments came thick and fast. There was the chamber-like shaft beneath a scrap of corrugated iron where police found an item of clothing – but that later turned out to be a man's sock. Then there was a makeshift grave discovered by officers using ground-penetrating radar, a laptop-sized tool that detects any disturbance in the ground below. After that, the searches delved into the resort's underground sewerage network as detectives prised open at least three old manholes.

The police activity took place under the lenses of the world's media – and even when the work was concealed from the human eye, British and Portuguese media used a drone equipped with tiny cameras to ensure that nothing was left undocumented.

The insatiable appetite for details on the case has evidently not waned in the seven years since Madeleine went missing. But the tiny village of Praia da Luz is trying to move on. The little whitewashed church attended by the McCanns in 2007 has taken down its sun-bleached photograph of the then-three-year-old girl.

The mayor, Victor Mata, believes the locals here have come to terms with once again being the focus of the police investigation.

"What's been happening in the past week hasn't bothered anybody really. People can move freely, nobody's lives have been turned upside down because of this," he said. "The disruption is much less than we had foreseen.

"I don't think it has in any way changed the image of Luz. It's almost been uplifting in a sense, because all the press who have come from the UK have seen for themselves what a lovely place Luz is."

The villagers here may have acquiesced for now, but Carlos Marques, the landlord of an ersatz English pub opposite the church Our Lady of Light, said locals would "explode" in protest if the operation spread to two other parts of Praia da Luz as the resort approaches the peak holiday season.

"It's still nice and quiet here. What happened here once happened millions of times in other places like Britain," he said. What does he think of the current searches? "Pfft. Bullshit. People here complain that what they are doing is a load of crap. Nothing is going to happen there."

Marques is complimentary about the behaviour of the media this time around. "They don't complain about journalists anymore. What is more the problem is the big TV cars sometimes here in the square, but up the side street nobody cares. Lots of people don't get upset with people like you anymore."

Portuguese police warned before the searches began that the operation would be halted if it was obstructed by the media, but those concerns turned out to be unfounded.

The massed ranks of photographers and camera crews appeared to be on their best behaviour, although one harassed local called in police after his garden was overrun with journalists who scaled his tree and trampled his lawn in the pursuit of a shot of the excavation work.

One foreign TV correspondent was stopped by police for chasing after Scotland Yard's DCI Andy Redwood, but the vast majority of exchanges between journalists, police and locals were limited to a polite bom dia (good morning).

As the searches drew to a close for a seventh day, detectives appeared no closer to solving the mystery of what happened to Madeleine McCann.

The McCanns, meanwhile, are left once more to await news from the confines of their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, breaking their silence only to plead for calm in their very long and very public nightmare.
-------------------------------
For Kate and Gerry McCann, who were told by police not to visit Portugal while the searches were under way, the agony continues. As last week's searches drew to a close, they defied orders to keep a low profile and appealed to people to "refrain from spreading rumours and speculation based on inaccurate press reporting".

Interesting. The police want them to keep a low profile...and they are defying police orders?

The McCanns, meanwhile, are left once more to await news from the confines of their home in Rothley,

Are they under house arrest...?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 08.06.14 21:56

I firmly believe this is all a farce now, a show for the worlds media that the PJ are having to go along with.

It appears they are trying to find any scrap of evidence that fits in with one of SYs random theories, burglary or abduction, rather than doing what the PJ did was to take the hard evidence and hypothesise on those facts.

The statements coming out of the investigation are all pointing away from the mccanns, and I don't believe for one second that SY/PJ are playing some clever game of call my bluff with the mccanns and the T9. Every investigation like this I've seen, when the police genuinely suspect someone they just question them.

Can anyone convince me that there is a glimmer of hope?
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 08.06.14 21:58

notlongnow wrote:ere dave,you sure broccoli will be ok to plant here?

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Bphqpw2IUAAVHdY

Aha. So it was Aneka Rice who replaced Charlie Dimmock in that BBC Gardening programme.

high5
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by paradigm67 08.06.14 22:14

What I cant figure out is where of all of the sudden leaks apparently by the PJ are supposed to be coming from. They have consistently stated secrecy while ongoing investigations are going on with all media stating that previous leaks have come from a 'source' close to SY and the PJ stating they will stop any co-operation if the media gets out of hand. In the last few days we have seen numerous reports from a source within the Pj that have apparently said that they are looking to question 3 burglars, 5 other people and then Monteiro.  Now on twitter Isabelle MacFadden is stating

IsabelleMcFadden ‏

[ltr]@PORTUGALONLINE[/ltr]

1h
@suzannetaylor71 PJ statement to Sandra Felgueiras translation : PJ now believes who is responsible is in UK and a 1 time offender #mccann

Just how much bullsh1t is being fed by who, to who and for what purpose. After previous posturing I imagine the PJ would go ape if someone is leaking this from within ranks. Just does not make sense.
paradigm67

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 08.06.14 22:22

phil_burton wrote:I firmly believe this is all a farce now, a show for the worlds media that the PJ are having to go along with.

It appears they are trying to find any scrap of evidence that fits in with one of SYs random theories, burglary or abduction, rather than doing what the PJ did was to take the hard evidence and hypothesise on those facts.

The statements coming out of the investigation are all pointing away from the mccanns, and I don't believe for one second that SY/PJ are playing some clever game of call my bluff with the mccanns and the T9. Every investigation like this I've seen, when the police genuinely suspect someone they just question them.

Not even a smidgeon of a glimmer I'm afraid!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 08.06.14 22:24

I get a feeling Canada12 that the Guardian is on the same wave length as Kate Burley makeshift grave,call for calm,is there a camp site near 5a? sun "bleached" and i see on reading it quite a few other little nugget's all in my opinion of course.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.06.14 22:26

pennylane wrote:
phil_burton wrote:I firmly believe this is all a farce now, a show for the worlds media that the PJ are having to go along with.

Pj now believe the person is in the uk and is a one time offender, is there a link ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 08.06.14 22:27

pennylane wrote:

I'm starting to feel that way too.
I really don't think that SY/PJ are playing some clever game of call my bluff either.
I'm ready to get my large paintbrush out, the white paint is ready and waiting.

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 08.06.14 22:33

Justformaddie wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Pj now believe the person is in the uk and is a one time offender, is there a link ?
The cleaners/persons of interest are British...
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.06.14 22:36

paradigm67 wrote:What I cant figure out is where of all of the sudden leaks apparently by the PJ are supposed to be coming from. They have consistently stated secrecy while ongoing investigations are going on with all media stating that previous leaks have come from a 'source' close to SY and the PJ stating they will stop any co-operation if the media gets out of hand. In the last few days we have seen numerous reports from a source within the Pj that have apparently said that they are looking to question 3 burglars, 5 other people and then Monteiro.  Now on twitter Isabelle MacFadden is stating

IsabelleMcFadden ‏

1h
@suzannetaylor71 PJ statement to Sandra Felgueiras translation : PJ now believes who is responsible is in UK and a 1 time offender #mccann

Just how much bullsh1t is being fed by who, to who and for what purpose. After previous posturing I imagine the PJ would go ape if someone is leaking this from within ranks. Just does not make sense.

The McCanns' UK 'source' has more than one opposite number deployed in Portugal, paradigm.

Fwiw if, as the 'source' claims, the PJ are 'planning to question' Monteiro, they'll need to hold a seance.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.06.14 22:43

UT... Ur amazing, wish I had ur whit! spit coffee 
ultimaThule wrote:
paradigm67 wrote:What I cant figure out is where of all of the sudden leaks apparently by the PJ are supposed to be coming from. They have consistently stated secrecy while ongoing investigations are going on with all media stating that previous leaks have come from a 'source' close to SY and the PJ stating they will stop any co-operation if the media gets out of hand. In the last few days we have seen numerous reports from a source within the Pj that have apparently said that they are looking to question 3 burglars, 5 other people and then Monteiro.  Now on twitter Isabelle MacFadden is stating

IsabelleMcFadden ‏

1h

The McCanns' UK 'source' has more than one opposite number deployed in Portugal, paradigm.

Fwiw if, as the 'source' claims, the PJ are 'planning to question' Monteiro, they'll need to hold a seance.

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 08.06.14 22:46

Anyone got Redwood's email address so can send him the below to remind him. 

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 BpozpQ1IAAAmrbl
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.06.14 22:47

Gonçalo Amaral: "There was no assault that house"

Former PJ inspector spoke to CMTV on the Maddie Case, classifying the current thesis the English police as "fake and staged."

Gonçalo Amaral spoke on "fake and staged" to refer to the current theory of the British police in the Maddie case. Commenting on CMTV, former Judiciary Police coordinator believes that the idea of there being a "thief who is frightened by the child and mate" is a scenario created for the media.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/lazer/cmtv/goncalo-amaral-nao-houve-nenhum-assalto-aquela-casa202425753
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.06.14 22:52

I'll believe that a criminal would be scared of a 3y old child when pigs can fly IMO  yes

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top