The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by frost 11.06.14 18:19

A child does not simply vanish into thin air with no trace ever to be found
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Justformaddie 11.06.14 18:19

Oh please! I think I know now that I have a strong ticker after those few hours!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 11.06.14 18:20

I don't think they 'gave up' , just finished todays search. 'Wednesdays searches' implies there are going to be more searches.

"Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have completed their search of three sites near the Algarve holiday resort of Praia da Luz.
Portuguese and British officers were seen shaking hands with each other, and taking down a police cordon.
Police sources have confirmed to the BBC that Wednesday's searches have now been completed on Wednesday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27791105'
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 18:21

Lance De Boils wrote:Seriously? They found nothing yet but gave up before their time was up?

That makes NO sense to me.

Either they found what they were looking for and the media are wrong, or this is all a huge farce.

Or maybe they have started  searching elsewhere that can't be reported?

What is going on?

Very strange indeed Lance, in fact they had only just moved onto the third site.......what made them give up so quickly.  The only thing I can think of is no dog alerts there, there was certainly hardly any time to dig or search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 11.06.14 18:22

The BBC report quotes Portugese police as saying nothing of interest was found.  I don't believe Portugese police would tell the press anything, and especially the UK press.

If asked a direct question by the likes of Brunty - nothing is the best answer.  No comment leads to speculation, yes is worse.  Nothing found puts an end to it....for now.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 11.06.14 18:24

ChippyM wrote:I don't think they 'gave up' , just finished todays search.

"Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have completed their search of three sites near the Algarve holiday resort of Praia da Luz.
Portuguese and British officers were seen shaking hands with each other, and taking down a police cordon.
Police sources have confirmed to the BBC that Wednesday's searches have now been completed on Wednesday."

I hope that's the case, but it's not what they said. They said Portuguese police had said that British police had been given until Friday to search, but that they had now completed their searches.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 18:24

candyfloss wrote:This is interesting, this was only the first phase???

Mark Williams-Thomas @mwilliamsthomas  ·  3m
Op.Grange :After the first phase and 8 days of searching - currently no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified.

Quite an ambiguous statement that isn't it ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 11.06.14 18:24

"27 minutes ago

McCann search to start again tomorrow

The search by police investigating Madeline McCann's disappearance in Portugal has finished for the day and will resume tomorrow.
ITV News Correspondent Martin Geissler reports from Praia da Luz.

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 79d8571db1d5e249460b9d3875d68460_normal

martin geissler
@mmgeissler

I'm told search of location 3 is finished. The operation here, it seems, is complete. #mccann''

[url=http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-06-02/madeleine-mccann-praia-da-luz-portugal/]http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-06-02/madeleine-mccann-praia-da-luz-portugal/
[/url]
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 11.06.14 18:25

Anyone who wants an end and a resolution to this tragedy, will still desperately hope that something is found that assists in that aim.

However, we may all have to accept that, whoever is responsible for the little girl's removal from the apartment [ answers on a postcard], just did a very good job and evidence is simply not going to be found imminently.

The reluctance of the Police Authorities to formally interview those individuals who were closest to Maddie and to 'correct' any conflicting statements that were given at the time, will only serve to confirm how odd this 'investigation' has become.

It will remain a stain on the concept of justice.It will also devalue the integrity of the Police Force in this country.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 11.06.14 18:26

ChippyM wrote:"27 minutes ago

McCann search to start again tomorrow

The search by police investigating Madeline McCann's disappearance in Portugal has finished for the day and will resume tomorrow.
ITV News Correspondent Martin Geissler reports from Praia da Luz.

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 79d8571db1d5e249460b9d3875d68460_normal

martin geissler
@mmgeissler

I'm told search of location 3 is finished. The operation here, it seems, is complete. #mccann''

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-06-02/madeleine-mccann-praia-da-luz-portugal/
Ack for f##k sake, I'm gonna lay down for awhile!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 11.06.14 18:27

sofieellis wrote:
ChippyM wrote:I don't think they 'gave up' , just finished todays search.

I hope that's the case, but it's not what they said. They said Portuguese police had said that British police had been given until Friday to search, but that they had now completed their searches.
i think it was an anonymous source that said SY had till Friday. Even if that report is accurate, it didn't specify this particular site was to be searched till Friday.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 11.06.14 18:29

sofieellis wrote:BBC News channel has just announced that the British police search is over in Praia de Luz. The news has apparently come from the Portuguese police.
 I think this has caused some confusion as the BBC report says 'Wednesday's search' is over.... not THE search  big grin
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 26 Empty Met Police Press Release

Post by Doug D 11.06.14 18:29

Met Police Press Release - Operation Grange Update
11th June 2014, 17.50
Operation Grange officers working alongside experts in their field from around the UK, the Policia Judicial and the Guarda Nacional Republicana today, Wednesday 11 June completed an eight day period of work searching specific areas of land in Praia da Luz.
At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified. However it has given us an essential understanding of the activity on and people that have used this piece of land.
This was the first phase of this major investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese following the four International Letters of Request submitted to date. More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly. In addition further requests are being compiled and will be submitted in due course.
The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.
The total area of land searched and surveyed was of approximately 60,000 sq metres and included all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings. 41 ground anomalies were identified initially by both aerial survey and ground analysis which were then investigated fully. These included three outside of the original area.
This deployment which was the largest ever undertaken by UK police overseas in a case of this type, highlighted the effective nature of the assistance given by the Portuguese authorities, for which the investigation team and family are very grateful.
The media’s understanding and co-operation following Assistant Commissioner Rowley’s pre deployment briefing has also been noted and appreciated.
There is still a substantial amount of work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months, which again should be viewed as no more than normal operational activity in a case of this size and complexity. This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally. This is the same as would be done in the UK for a murder or high risk missing person enquiry. The scientific support staff involved were there to provide the highest level of assurance that this area was searched to the highest possible standards.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 18:29

PAT BROWN @ProfilerPatB
SY finished with 3 sites. Got zip. Maybe they could search 2 more that are better choices; the Rocha Negra & Monte do Jose Mestre.#McCann
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 18:30

Mark Williams-Thomas @mwilliamsthomas                                     
OpGrange: Recent work is part of just 1 hypothesis that she was killed & buried locally. Same as for any murder or high risk missing person
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 11.06.14 18:34

ChippyM wrote:
sofieellis wrote:BBC News channel has just announced that the British police search is over in Praia de Luz. The news has apparently come from the Portuguese police.
 I think this has caused some confusion as the BBC report says 'Wednesday's search' is over.... not THE search  big grin

I agree there is definitely confusion, but it's definitely what they said. They even announced it as Breaking News - I am just hoping they misinterpreted it.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 11.06.14 18:39

So this would suggest they need to pursue an alternative hypotheses that maybe she was killed and not buried locally? This would of course indicate a crime which had been more carefully planned.I always thought it unlikely she'd be found near 5A given the searches that had already taken place in the locality in the days after the disappearance.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 11.06.14 18:40

sofieellis wrote:
ChippyM wrote:

I agree there is definitely confusion, but it's definitely what they said. They even announced it as Breaking News - I am just hoping they misinterpreted it.

Going by the police statement it looks like the BBC did get it wrong.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 18:41

Joana Morais @xklamation 3 mins
Maddie searches have ended, English police to return to UK on Thursday #McCann

Brit police returning tomorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 11.06.14 18:41

British Police are returning back to UK on Thursday. J.Morais has just tweeted.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 11.06.14 18:41

View-from-Ireland wrote:So this would suggest they need to pursue an alternative hypotheses that maybe she was killed and not buried locally? This would of course indicate a crime which had been more carefully planned.I always thought it unlikely she'd be found near 5A given the searches that had already taken place in the locality in the days after the disappearance.
Oh here, that's encouraging.... Just what I needed!

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 11.06.14 18:43

Justformaddie wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:So this would suggest they need to pursue an alternative hypotheses that maybe she was killed and not buried locally? This would of course indicate a crime which had been more carefully planned.I always thought it unlikely she'd be found near 5A given the searches that had already taken place in the locality in the days after the disappearance.

I am just hoping this is not a whitewash/cover-up and trying to stay optimistic that this is a pursuit of Justice for Madeleine.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 11.06.14 18:43

Justformaddie wrote:
It may also suggest they overstayed their welcome.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 11.06.14 18:48

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
That's true too cc, let's think logically.

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 11.06.14 18:48

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
Or that they got confirmation of what they wanted and are going home to wait for the forensics on the objects they recovered earlier.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top