The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by canada12 05.06.14 12:42

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:LATEST NEWS

Joana Morais ‏@xklamation  54s
Diário de Noticias @dntwit reports that some inorganic material was found, it might be clothes or any other object. #McCann

Bumping...
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Cristobell 05.06.14 12:43

RIPM wrote:
Cristobel wrote:
The way in which the body is laid to rest also gives clues as to who buried the child.  A parent for example, despite the heinous thing they are about to do, will ensure the body is wrapped and perhaps even given a treasured possession.  A stranger wouldn't bother with any niceities, in fact in most cases, they wouldn't bother to dig a grave, they would discard the body at the earliest opportunity.
"A Parent will ensure the body is wrapped"

I'm sorry but this is total nonsense.

If you seriously believe what you have written, check out the case of Fred West, a notorious British murderer and what he did to his own daughter, Heather.  Cutting her into chunks and putting her under his own patio, to name but one case of which sadly, there are many where parents have disposed of their children as rubbish.

Your thoughts that a parent would show respect, is commendable but lacks reality and closed minds will never look objectively.

People do the most depraved things and that includes parents
Each case is individual of course, and the case of Fred and Rosemary West was sensational because of its rarity.  Sadly, I agree some parents do treat their children appalling, in life as well as in death.  Perhaps I should have said that examiners will look out for signs that a body has been interred by someone who once 'cared' for that person.  Little touches, such as favourite toy, blanket, crucifix, some final form of respect.  Something that a stranger would not do.  Far from being nonsense, a crime scene will be examined from every perspective, including psychological.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 12:44

Cristobell wrote:
The Smiths are decent people who have never sought notoriety, in fact, they have flinched away from publicity.  What kind of man would ask his wife, children and grandchildren to lie on behalf of a possible child murderer, a man he barely knew?  I actually find the suggestion of it distasteful.  This case involves lots of twists and turns for sure, but it doesn't involve a nice Irish family taking a stroll home after a pleasant evening together.  I think the quiet dignity of Mr Smith and his family is to be applauded.  Like Goncalo Amaral, they clearly believe justice works in silence.
You presume to know quite a lot about the Smiths, whereas we know very little.

What we do know, for example, is that he lied when registering his Golf Net Ltd company by inventing four Directors, i.e. he named as Directors of his Golf Net Ltd four leading CEOs of internationally known companies who are clearly not fellow Directors.

First of all, Cristobell, did you know that?

Second, now that you know that, does that change in any way your view about whether Martin Smith could have fabricated his 'sighting'?

Third, Martin Smith describes himself in the Golf Net company documents as:

• Martin Smith , Managing Director & Founder

A former senior army officer - with extensive management and leadership skills acquired during a twenty-five year career both at home and overseas -, his entrepeneurship, vision, enthusiasm and perseverence has aassembled a team of hugely experienced and talented individuals with the combined skill-sets to realise his ambition of creating a global brand. Through the strategic partnerships that he has established, he has positioned Golf Net to rapidly establish a significant international presence. His inventiveness has created an impressive range of unique and innovative products that will be the launch-pad for what will become a major international brand.

UNQUOTE

How sure are you that that's all true?

Have a look at Golf Net on the net and see if you can see any evidence of his 'strategic partnerships', for example.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 05.06.14 12:45

annemab wrote:Candyfloss, please can you remove the Smith man discussions into another thread? The latest news that inorganic material has been found has gone unnoticed in this thread due to all the Smith man posts!

I wonder if it is true that they have found anything, and whether it is relevant?
I noticed it but was waiting for more info....do you have it ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 12:48

annemab wrote:Candyfloss, please can you remove the Smith man discussions into another thread? The latest news that inorganic material has been found has gone unnoticed in this thread due to all the Smith man posts!

I wonder if it is true that they have found anything, and whether it is relevant?

Sorry no, too big a job now and too many posts....... it is very difficult to do this.

I HAVE ASKED REPEATEDLY FOR SMITHMAN DISCUSSION TO BE DISCUSSED ON APPROPTATE THREADS - AND YES I AM SHOUTING!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by annemab 05.06.14 12:51

Sorry candyfloss, you are doing a great job!  thumbsup 

Josie, no I don't know anything more, but I was hoping someone else might have some ideas
annemab

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.06.14 12:53

annemab wrote:Sorry candyfloss, you are doing a great job!  thumbsup 

Josie, no I don't know anything more, but I was hoping someone else might have some ideas

I've not heard any more on Twitter yet, could be nothing of significance.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 12:54

(deleted by poster - sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention to what's on and off topic!)
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.06.14 12:55

RE: Kate's 'dream'

Could the 'snail' be described as her 'hill'?

It looks pretty damned 'steep', from ground level, to me. I WOULD call it a 'hill'.

eta: Where are the 30 'strong' MET team staying?

I think they should be 'staying in' and spending some of the UK taxpayers money in the local PDL 'economy', seeing they have given the place, such bad publicity, with their 'stories' of 'all sorts'

What do the 30 strong MET team do between 'clocking off' from a days 'searching' and 'clocking on' the next day?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 12:58

At the same time I have just begun this new thread for discussion here, in the 'Debate Section':

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9741-theories-about-smithman-new-discussion-thread-june-2014#254033

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.06.14 13:00

jeanmonroe wrote:RE: Kate's 'dream'

It looks pretty damned 'steep', from ground level, to me. I WOULD call it a 'hill'.

Didn't she also mention a sewer outlet?
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:01

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

Tom Parmenter @TomSkyNews · 12m

Live update on @sky news now from Praia Da Luz - officers went into at least three drains this morning

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.06.14 13:03

“It will be a hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s parents but it is a scenario they know needs to happen. They will only go to Portugal, God forbid, if any remains matching her DNA were found.”
--------------------------------------------

Does this actually mean they are EXPECTING 'remains' to be 'found'?

Does 'any remains' mean 'remains' of their daughter?

IF not, then what 'remains' are they possibly talking about?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.06.14 13:05

candyfloss wrote:
whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

Tom Parmenter @TomSkyNews     ·   12m    

Live update on @sky news now from Praia Da Luz - officers went into at least three drains this morning

Amaral wrote in "The Truth of the Lie" (ch. 14):

It is at this time that, suddenly, the parents seem to admit the possibility of their daughter’s death. Afterwards – and to this day, if I am not mistaken -, they take exception to this hypothesis. Perhaps we were being naive, but it had seemed to us that Kate was going to provide us, indirectly, with indications about where her daughter’s body was to be found. Thus, at the beginning of June, she informed us that the body could have been hidden in the outlet of a sewer pipe at Praia da Luz, or on the cliffs to the west of the beach, where she happened to run. She will say later that this information had been given to her by mediums possessing psychic power.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Empty LATEST NEWS

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:13

LATEST NEWS

• News
  • UK news
  • Madeleine McCann

Madeleine McCann: police investigate sewerage system in Praia da Luz
Officers continue scouring patch of scrubland including concealed shaft, as others use micro-cameras to inspect drains

• Share18

• inShare1
  • Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Icon-emailEmail

• Josh Halliday and Brendan de Beer in Praia da Luz

• theguardian.com, Thursday 5 June 2014 12.22 BST

[size]
Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 British-police-with-sniff-011
British police with sniffer dogs check an area of scrubland during the search in the Praia da Luz. Photograph: Philip Toscano/PA
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have opened manholes and begun searching drains in the Portuguese holiday resort where she went missing in 2007.
A team of British and Portuguese police officers lifted off three manhole covers and used a micro-camera on a long stick to search the underground sewerage system in Praia da Luz on Thursday.
The manholes are around 20ft from a grave-like hole discovered on Wednesday by officers using ground penetrating radar. Around two dozen journalists, holidaymakers and residents looked on as the work was carried out on a road that borders the 15-acre area of scrubland where the search began on Monday.
[/size]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiona09 05.06.14 13:21

Deleted moved to other thread.
Fiona09

Activity : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:21

LATEST NEWS

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/english-police-asks-for-more-time-to.html

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 Ng3370767

English Police asks for more time to search Maddie
5 JUNE 2014 | POSTED BY JOANA MORAIS LEAVE A COMMENT

photo Carlos Vidigal/Reuters

by Marisa Rodrigues

Terrain features of Praia da Luz, Lagos, spoiled the plans of the British investigators, who concluded that they need more time to search for traces of the body of Madeleine McCann. The searches, set to end Friday, will continue until the end of next week, at the request of Scotland Yard.

The Judiciary Police (PJ) and GNR, which ensures the surveillance and patrolling the area, have already been informed of this intention. The formal request is about to arrive at the National Directorate of the PJ after being authorized by the Public Prosecutor's Office.

The terrain is sandy, loamy and has large blocks of limestone, which has made the work of the experts from a private company hired by the British authorities very difficult.

Yesterday, the Forest Sappers from Lagos continued to cut back vegetation so ground samples could be collected, which were then analysed in the "mini labs" installed in tents on the ground, away from the eyes of journalists.

So far several bones of domestic animals have been found, but no evidence that supports the thesis of the British police that the body of Madeleine, vanished seven years ago from Praia da Luz, Lagos, may be buried there.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 05.06.14 13:25

If it is so bloody difficult to cut back vegatation and dig for experts with latest methods how in God's name did anyone in TM or local helpers manage it?

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 05.06.14 13:41

jeanmonroe wrote:“It will be a hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s parents but it is a scenario they know needs to happen. They will only go to Portugal, God forbid, if any remains matching her DNA were found.”
--------------------------------------------

Does this actually mean they are EXPECTING 'remains' to be 'found'?

Does 'any remains' mean 'remains' of their daughter?

IF not, then what 'remains' are they possibly talking about?

I read it as an expectation that remains of sea bass may be detected but unless those unreliable dogs dig up a pile of bones that can proved not to have come from the butcher's and can be shown to contain DNA which matches that on the famous Rothley pillowcase which the wee one interrupted his holiday made a special trip to collect from the Towers, the McCanns won't be travelling to Portugal anytiime soon, jeanm.

This means Kate hasn't 'walked those streets' since April 2013 but, as she assured Lorraine she visits Luz twice a year to be close to Madeline and it's now June 2014, that can't be right, can it? confused  < reaches for calculator >  Just as I thought.  It doesn't add up, but no matter - they'll both be able to speed down to the Algarve and sit on 'Kate's rocks' after Gezza has given his statement to the Lisbon court. big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 05.06.14 13:42

Sorry but just couldn't resist. Happy birthday Gerry  big grin   

[size=1Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 24 British-police-with-sniff-011
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 14:10

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Madeleine McCann Digging for the TRUTH?

So.............

You make public promises that you will not rest until you find Madeleine.

You state, categorically, that no stone shall be left unturned.

You assert that you will never give up looking. Never give up hoping. Never give up believing.

So..............

given that 30 plus police officers clear a large area of waste land, removing shrubs and foliage before using specialised, high-tech equipment, marking out specific, precise areas…………………carefully sifting through soil in a finger-tip forensic search in a prelude to DIGGING………………….where you believe, (according to your own LAWYER), that "police will come up with some significant news"

HOW can ANY parent, given such circumstances..................

elect to STAY AT HOME in the UK and prefer to be “kept informed of any developments……??”.

PS: Given that you are SUING former Polícia Judiciária coordinator Gonçalo Amaral for publishing a book which “harmed the search for Madeleine because it reinforced an uncorroborated assumption that Madeleine is dead”; will you now also be suing Scotland Yard for reinforcing the same assumption?

If not, WHY not?

PPS: "Ask the dogs, Sandra......." (Gerry McCann, 2009).

Gerry. I think someone just has.

Godbless Madeleine McCann, wherever you may be

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/

Spudgun has just tweeted a rather interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/spudgun01
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 05.06.14 14:14

Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  9m
Dear Jane Tanner. If what I am hearing is TRUE, then I might even forgive your invented "sighting" :-) #McCann #McCanns

Does Spudgun think Jane Tanner has talked for some reason?
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.06.14 14:17

sofieellis wrote:Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  9m
Dear Jane Tanner. If what I am hearing is TRUE, then I might even forgive your invented "sighting" :-) #McCann #McCanns

Looks like it,but it could be that quite a few think she has
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.06.14 14:18

sofieellis wrote:Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  9m

Mind blowing, isn't it? I suspected that she had told all back at the October Crimewatch special.

I hope spudgun goes into further detail.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top