The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Mm11

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Mm11

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Regist10

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 7 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 5 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_lcap38%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 91 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_lcap57%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 136 ]

Total Votes : 239

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Hicks 08.04.14 19:23

Hicks wrote:I wonder if anyone can help me out here?

I have posted a photo showing the layout of the Ocean Club and the surrounding streets. IIRC JT said at the very beginning that the man she saw was carrying a bundle in the direction of the Baptista supermarket.

Where on this plan is the supermarket? Is it in the direction of the beach or towards Murat's villa?

Notice that Sergey Malinka has property near the beach. Interesting!
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id94.html.

I should add....4th picture down the page.
http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/deletedexpress.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=291&LastModified=4675661808975592838.htmress.

I have found the answer I think! This deleted article from the Express hopefully confirms that JT DID say that the abductor was heading towards the Baptista supermarket, she then changed her mind and said he was heading in the opposite direction towards Murat's Villa.

If it could be established when 'exactly' JT changed her mind about the direction ( was it just after the Smith family came forward?) that would make GM much more likely to be Smithman.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by ultimaThule 08.04.14 19:55

Surely if Tanner-Crecheman was heading towards the Baptista, JT would have passed him head on and he would have passed Gezza gassing to Jezza, Hicks?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 08.04.14 20:47

ultimaThule wrote:Surely if Tanner-Crecheman was heading towards the Baptista, JT would have passed him head on and he would have passed Gezza gassing to Jezza, Hicks?
That is allegedly what JT stated first off, that he was heading in the direction of the Baptista. We all know that in reality this sighting by JT is nothing more than pure fiction.

GM was caught out by the Smith family. JT did not pass GM talking to JW in the street so therefore did not see a man carrying a bundle/child in pyjamas.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 15.04.14 22:43

canada12 wrote:If we accept that Tannerman was invented to cover the fact that the Smiths spotted Gerry (or any of the Tapas gentlemen) carrying a child, then it's a very clever move on the part of SY to find and identify "Tannerman". An innocent father. And therefore not the same gentleman that the Smiths saw.

Therefore, in spite of massive publicity, if Smithman cannot be located and eliminated by SY, it stands to reason that Smithman, by process of elimination, must continue to be a "person of interest" in the case. If no one has come forward to identify themselves, they cannot be eliminated. It's unlikely the Smiths made up the story of seeing a man with a child. The only question is, who was he and who was the child?

Whether the man was Gerry or one of the other Tapas friends (or even an acquaintance of Gerry), the question logically must be, why were you carrying that child in that direction? It was either a) a diversion or decoy or b) it was Madeleine. Either way, Smithman is involved in the "removal". There can be no other explanation in the absence of anyone coming forward to identify themselves.
Yes to me that is good logic.

JT is/was the pivot for the abduction occuring just after GM left 5a between 9.04 ( digital watch or mobile phone time?) and MO's voluntary check alongside ROB and the sick child sheet washing at around 9.30?

RE: ROB: How long would  take to wash a sheet with a modern washing machine? 20 minutes? So JT had gone back to the Tapas Bar- not noticing that her child was feeling ill and it was ROB who found out that she was. JT then made the trek again to her apartment to relieve
ROB of his duties and to no doubt keep any eye an the rinse and spin of the sheets in the wash? As far as I know JT never mentioned putting the sheets in the dryer ( more time spent) or out to dry and it was ROB that insisted that it was he who sorted this unforseen mess out.

They were both at their apartment on the changeover for a while and MO re-joined ROB after the changeover apparently.

Smithman is curious as Mrs Fenn's two lots of statements say that it was around 10.30pm when the commotion started when GM told her
a child had gone missing. Therefore if DI Redwood is exploring timelines has he took note of Mrs fenn? If he hasn't perhaps he should.

An interesting aside visa - vis The Smith Family: One of the younger ( and possibly trendier of the group) said he was pretty sure that the man carrying the child was wearing something like a Blazer jacket. This may be a stereotype but the only people I am aware of who wear blazers are yachting types or Golf Club members. Maybe DI Redwood should be looking for a member of the local Yachting Club who is very high up in the local Golfing scene?

p.s. I do think that the original bundleman is pure invention. To be fair some thoerists think it is a slowly moving trap but I'm afraid I'm not convinced of that. If after May the 4th the investigations gather pace and the Libel case is resolved then I may alter my view but it has gone very quiet and as usual we await developments. Good logic your post though.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 12:53

Bumping this for any discussions on 'Smithman'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 12:58

candyfloss wrote:Bumping this for any discussions on 'Smithman'
Tony Bennett wrote:Third, Martin Smith describes himself in the Golf Net company documents as:

• Martin Smith , Managing Director & Founder

A former senior army officer - with extensive management and leadership skills acquired during a twenty-five year career both at home and overseas -, his entrepeneurship, vision, enthusiasm and perseverence has aassembled a team of hugely experienced and talented individuals with the combined skill-sets to realise his ambition of creating a global brand. Through the strategic partnerships that he has established, he has positioned Golf Net to rapidly establish a significant international presence. His inventiveness has created an impressive range of unique and innovative products that will be the launch-pad for what will become a major international brand.
Presumably the British army rather than the Irish one, then, given the "overseas" bit.
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 05.06.14 13:04

haroldd2 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Bumping this for any discussions on 'Smithman'
Tony Bennett wrote:Third, Martin Smith describes himself in the Golf Net company documents as:

• Martin Smith , Managing Director & Founder

A former senior army officer - with extensive management and leadership skills acquired during a twenty-five year career both at home and overseas -, his entrepeneurship, vision, enthusiasm and perseverence has aassembled a team of hugely experienced and talented individuals with the combined skill-sets to realise his ambition of creating a global brand. Through the strategic partnerships that he has established, he has positioned Golf Net to rapidly establish a significant international presence. His inventiveness has created an impressive range of unique and innovative products that will be the launch-pad for what will become a major international brand.
Presumably the British army rather than the Irish one, then, given the "overseas" bit.
Maybe The Smith family have links through golf to John Geraghty if they are regular visitors to PdL area. Perhaps they are in on this too. I had not considered this but it is worth considering if they were regulars. Maybe their alleged recognition of GM being possible Smithman was to promote yet another red herring to defer from the truth. Nothing would surprise.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 05.06.14 13:06

Sockpuppet wrote:Can you please add the option:

'Jane Tanner engineered her sighting to match the appearance of the man witnessed by the Smith family'.

That seems like a reasonable request.
Rob Royston

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 05.06.14 13:07

Copied this over from the 'digging' thread before I get told off  soz 

1) If 'Smithman' was Gerry carrying a 'decoy' child, surely somebody saw him returning with that child so where are the witness statements supporting this?

2) If 'Smithman' was Gerry carrying Madeleine, surely somebody would still have seen him on his return, even if empty handed. So where are these witness statements?

Witnesses will have been asked what/who they saw around 10 p.m in the vicinity.

Thanks.

Tangled Web.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:09

Tangled Web wrote:Copied this over from the 'digging' thread before I get told off  soz 

1) If 'Smithman' was Gerry carrying a 'decoy' child, surely somebody saw him returning with that child so where are the witness statements supporting this?

2) If 'Smithman' was Gerry carrying Madeleine, surely somebody would still have seen him on his return, even if empty handed. So where are these witness statements?

Witnesses will have been asked what/who they saw around 10 p.m in the vicinity.

Thanks.

Tangled Web.

Thank you, good idea, others could do the same.  thumbsup 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 13:15

HelenMeg wrote:
haroldd2 wrote:Presumably the British army rather than the Irish one, then, given the "overseas" bit.
Maybe The Smith family have links through golf to John Geraghty if they are regular visitors to PdL area. Perhaps they are in on this too. I had not considered this but it is worth considering if they were regulars. Maybe their alleged recognition of GM being possible Smithman was to promote yet another red herring to defer from the truth. Nothing would surprise.
A John Geraghty link would be very interesting.

So Martin Smith is an Irish businessman and supposed former senior officer in what must surely be the British army, who set up a company in Dundalk, a town in the Irish Republic that was formerly well known as an IRA stronghold which even tourist literature said to avoid.
haroldd2

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrincha 05.06.14 13:20

Hi Harold - the Irish Army have also been active overseas since the early sixties
Garrincha

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 05.06.14 13:22

haroldd2 wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
haroldd2 wrote:Presumably the British army rather than the Irish one, then, given the "overseas" bit.

So Martin Smith is an Irish businessman and supposed former senior officer in what must surely be the British army, who set up a company in Dundalk, a town in the Irish Republic that was formerly well known as an IRA stronghold which even tourist literature said to avoid.

Why would he have to be British army?The Irish army has been involved in numerous peacekeeping missions and many friends of mine have served in places like the Congo, Lebanon and younger men in more recent trouble spots.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:26

Fiona09 wrote:I'm just catching up with this thread so apologies if someone else has already said this (and also apologies for being off-topic but there's been a lot of speculation re Smithman in recent posts).

I don't subscribe to the decoy theory of GM running through the streets with a substitute girl. Why would he risk being identified when according to the timelines he should've been at the Tapas Bar waiting for Kate's announcement along with everyone else? It makes more sense to me that in a panic, GM attempted to hide Madeleine's body before the alarm was raised and took what he believed to be a quieter route, where there was less of a chance of being spotted. Unfortunately, he ran into the Smiths. I think this is when it was decided that Jane should say she saw Tannerman in case the Smith family reported their sighting to the police. This then gave Gerry an alibi as, according to Jane, he was standing on the other side of the street when she saw Tannerman. Therefore, no-one would suspect that it was Gerry that was spotted by the Smiths.

IMO if no-one spotted Smithman, Tannerman would never have existed in the story as he wouldn't have been needed.

All speculation on my part of course!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 13:31

View-from-Ireland wrote:
haroldd2 wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:

Why would he have to be British army?The Irish army has been involved in numerous peacekeeping missions and many friends of mine have served in places like the Congo, Lebanon and younger men in more recent trouble spots.
Point taken. I wrongly assumed Golf Net Limited was a British company, and to my ears the word "overseas" has always had a "British empire" ring to it, but you are right - it could have been the Irish army.
haroldd2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:37

This may be a bit off topic - and I will duly rap my own knuckles if so - but this is a question for Tony about the four international businessmen whom Martin Smith claims are fellow directors of one of his companies.

It would I agree reflect badly on his credibility if this turned out not to be true.

However, has it been established beyond doubt that these people are not directors? I know that it seems very unlikely but, unless they have been contacted and have stated they have no connection with Mr Smith, how do we know that he has made it up?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:46

Moving this here......

Tony Bennett wrote:
cassius wrote:
Maybe Smithman is Gerry with another child, not as a decoy as such but rather as a shield or distraction in the event of him being seen, as he does a final check on the burial place he had sourced earlier in the day .
I thought that HelenMeg's 'decoy' theory about Smithman was about as convoluted as you could get, but evidently I was wrong, you have come up with something even more unlikely.

Like HelenMeg, though, you propose a theory that involves one of the Tapas 7 parents volunteering for their young blonde daughter to be carried around the streets of Praia da Luz on a cold night dressed only in pyjamas.

These two theories (yours and HelenMeg's) are theories without a shred of evidence, whereas at least my suggestion that Smithman was fabricated (whether or not you agree) does have a considerable amount of circumstantial evidence to support it.

CynicalAl wrote:

Sorry.... at risk of this place becoming a one-wild-and-unsupportable-theory town, can you enlighten me as to quite what a 'considerable amount of circumstantial evidence to support' the non-occurrence of a non-event which was not witnessed by anyone, as opposed to the common or garden unsupportable and inexplicable denunciation of a legitimate claim of a sighting corroborated repeatedly over time, without any significant change of testimony, by multiple members of the same family looks like, exactly?

Since the latter would seemingly involve a conspiracy theory invented to account for the testimony being nothing short of a contrived and deliberate fabrication involving multiple-generations of the same family for reasons about as spurious and irrational as one can get, presumably the former involves a veritable barrel of eyewitnesses who either saw 'Smithman' but no Smiths, or saw the Smiths but no Smithman, who can be demonstrated as having been in the same street at the same time as this non-event occurred. That should be a fairly simple wrapping up, without the need for any attempts at connecting the dots between common surnames of people who might have happened to have visited the same towns somewhere in the same spheres of travel and who may know someone who might be seventeen shades removed from someone else who knows someone, as the usual efforts at declaring the Smith Family to be liars seem to run.

How, exactly, does this work?

I can't say I agree with HelenMeg's suggestion, but this is where I have a problem with the way you've responded to this, and other suggestions.

HelenMeg's suggestion isn't logical. You apparently correctly recognise that.

Without getting into a debate about how much more illogical your suggestion is than hers, I'll explain why I have a problem with the logic being used to critique these suggestions.

The logic never seems to take into account real world dynamics. The suggestion seems to be illogical to you because in the cold light of day, having pored over this situation - like the rest of us - for a perhaps unhealthy number of hours and imagined and re-imagined it every which way, the lack of logic is apparent. I wonder if a resident former officer of the law might like to confirm just how many otherwise complex cases might have been cracked not by the genius of detection but by the idiocy of an ordinary person, finding themselves on the dark end of misadventure, accident or loss of self-control, acting not with the advantage of many hours of thought and some good banter with a few experts in the field, afforded plenty of time, clear windows of opportunity and a zero-risk environment in which to play out a plot.

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the idea that whatever happened to MBM was premeditated. What unfolded after her demise had, at all times, to be a reaction birthed amid a haze of grief, fear and panic-stricken confusion. The collusion of a multiple of individuals, caught in the same emergency, to remove themselves from the most serious consequences of something - particularly if the group agreed that it was an accident arising in circumstances that they all contributed to or routinely replicated, suddenly conjuring up a 'master' plan which seemed at the time to be infallible but which ultimately proved to be ridiculously ambitious and grotesquely ill-advised would appear to fit the available facts and credible hypotheses of this case. Even more than that, the evidence points to there existing multiple stages of collective 'adjustment' to the plan, in other words that mistakes and inadequacies became apparent to the group very quickly and the group was so invested in their committment to the cover-up that they became pragmatic and dynamic in their reactions to what was going on around them - to either control circumstances by any and all means, or where unable, to react in ways which were not only extremely dangerous to their cover story, but also embarrassingly transparent to the point of being tell-tale in the investigation.

At this point, on that basis, we have a hypothesis in which the number of participants and the degree of pragmatic reaction regardless of risk could organically produce an incredibly complex cover-up which may even reach out to a handful of local enablers, perhaps people who have a similarly murky contribution to the situation that they would like to be 'disappeared' from the account of those events and never uncovered. So far we've no need for a complex network of secret society 'pillars of the community' who apparently have no morals and don't blink at the unlawful death of a child and the covering up of said death by those involved, even to the point of the undignified and desecrating treatment of the infant's body - apparently psycopaths in our midst, our government, our legal system, our police force, our medical practices, our churches, our village fetes etc etc ad infinitum.

If the events that unfolded were premeditated, they were catastrophically awful in their planning, resulting in hypothesis that looks like a plan devised by a committee of people in a blind panic, dodging bullets flying everywhere.

Now...

Two choices...

If what happened to MBM happened at the hands of the T9, or under their watch, it was either premeditated or it was an unplanned incident. Therefore the 'cover up' was either dogmatic or pragmatic, planned or unplanned, proactive or reactive.

If it was planned, it came out looking unplanned. If it was supposed to be a proactive cover-up, it came out looking reactive. If it was supposed to be flawless, it came out whistling due to the number of holes in it.

If it was unplanned, it came out looking that way. If the cover-up was reactive, it came out looking so. If it was loaded with mistakes because ordinary people got themselves in an atrocious situation and tried to cover it up, it certainly looks like it was.

I cannot accept in a million years that master planning criminals with an effective criminal network cooked up what transpired and then committed to seven years of cover-up, bringing us to this point.

Conversely, I have every belief that ordinary people did something reckless which went extraordinarily bad and their attempt to cover their own backsides has snowballed into the very embodiment of the proverbial, 'what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.'

If that is true, then I cannot possibly have any expectation that what actually took place that week, that night, and every day ever since then, would in any way conform to objective rules of logic, rationality, predictability or even common sense. It would be my belief that the evidence fits this being a scenario in which logic, rationality, predictability and common sense were already tragically absent among the very routine plans that this group - apparently selfishly - put into operation in order to have themselves a fun, relaxing holiday unencumbered by responsibilities that they clearly did not take seriously enough. I think something horrible occurred, and logic, rationality, predictability and common sense - having not been invited on the trip - never made another appearance in the story.

Literally every weapon raised in forum like this as a means of critiquing the behaviour of the persons under suspicion and condemning them further, every detail raised as 'evidence' of their involvement, has at the root of it the same absence of logic, rationality, predictability and common sense, or 'organisation', which is one of the key characteristics which tells me that regardless of the engagement of vicious law firms and PR pundits, there is no grand conspiracy led by a masterful intelligence agency, police force, deity or new world order, but rather that even the actions of the contracted help scream loudly of direction by individuals gripped by a paranoia-fuelled blind panic, sociopathically buoyed by the arrogance resulting from their continued survival and their inclusion of well-meaning men and women of influence who have been fooled, not by experts, but by their own misplaced empathy and the legitimacy that this monumental machine appears to have.

I would suggest that those people, the ones in the driving seats, are very much like the man who fell from the top of a great skyscraper and was heard by those on the floors below, as he passed each window, saying 'so far so good.'

They've made this up as they went along, advised by a sea of well-meaning, and maybe even some complicit personalities, offering suggestions and pitching expectations, adding bits on as they go.

On that basis, I don't think any idea involving Smithman, equating Smithman to GM, and considering the possibility of this sighting being the intentional deployment of a decoy can possibly be ruled out on the basis of how logical, rational or 'safe' performing such an act would have been
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 13:51

Ooops, sorry CynicalAl I have accidently chopped off the end of your post when moving it here, it was in the wrong thread.

If you want to pm me the missing bit I can add it on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 14:10

candyfloss, quoting CynicalAl wrote:Sorry.... at risk of this place becoming a one-wild-and-unsupportable-theory town, can you enlighten me as to quite what a 'considerable amount of circumstantial evidence to support' the non-occurrence of a non-event which was not witnessed by anyone, as opposed to the common or garden unsupportable and inexplicable denunciation of a legitimate claim of a sighting corroborated repeatedly over time, without any significant change of testimony, by multiple members of the same family looks like, exactly?
I have covered this in many places on the forum - and I have more to say.

But before we go any further, please tell me what you have already read on this forum and understand about my reasons for doubting the Smith sighting.

If you do not know what I've said already, I will need to begin again from scratch - or, to sound excessively pompous - I would need to 'draw everything back to zero'.

Oh, and just this little thought, for you are an old cynic, Al:

Accept nothing. Question everything

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 14:12

So do you have a theory as to why the Smith sighting would be fabricated? I'm not asking you to elaborate, just wondered if you do or not. Your argument regarding the Smiths is persuasive but I can't work out what was, or was supposed to be, achieved in comparison to never raising the issue in the first place. Independent proof of abduction? False trail? What?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 05.06.14 14:46

Can anyone remember where, and when, and by whom, it was reported that the child carried by Smithman had her arms hanging down? If Smithman existed, as he may well have done, whoever he was, carrying a child with arms hanging down is very odd indeed. However sleepy, a child carried upright usually stirs and slings their arms around your neck, or at least does not leave them 'hanging down'. Is that observation a forum myth?
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 05.06.14 14:55

Yikes! In consecutive sentences I counted 82, 100, 70 and 81 words! Others had 75,83, 72, 91, 88 and 155. If one of your opponents replies in similar fashion the two of you may find it difficult to reach common ground.

But to get to a kernel: what you view as the faulty approaches used by several posters on these forums makes you convinced that no intelligence agency has been involved in a big way in this case? If that's a fair description, I can't see that a lot of logic has been used in getting from the premise to the claim.
CynicalAl wrote:contrived and deliberate fabrication
If you are going to accuse opponents of not having a clue about how to apply Occam's razor, I don't think it helps your efforts to appeal to readers' rationality if you use over-emphatic language to describe their suggestions in such a way as to make them sound rabid. All fabrication is deliberate and much of it is contrived.
CynicalAl wrote:logic, rationality, predictability and common sense (...)
logic, rationality, predictability and common sense (...)
logic, rationality, predictability and common sense,
Why do you so often group logic together with common sense - and in such an emphatic way? They're very different.

I agree that psychological insights are important in trying to grapple with this case, but so is a sharp view - and a wish to increase one's understanding - of the vile and corrupt dominant social system and the types of agency that come into play.
haroldd2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 14:59

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
So do you have a theory as to why the Smith sighting would be fabricated? I'm not asking you to elaborate, just wondered if you do or not. Your argument regarding the Smiths is persuasive but I can't work out what was, or was supposed to be, achieved in comparison to never raising the issue in the first place. Independent proof of abduction? False trail? What?

Clay, I have given my reason why in many places on this forum already, but just for you, I will tell you that I take into consideration all the following:

1. That on 4 May 2007, the day after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine who were with him at the time thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting of a man carrying a small blonde child only dressed in her pyjamas through the streets of Praia da Luz on a cold early May evening at 10.00pm

2. That on 5 May 2007, two days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

3. That on 6 May 2007, three days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

4. That on 7 May 2007, four days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

5. That on 8 May 2007, five days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

6. That on 9 May 2007, six days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

7. That on 10 May 2007, seven days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

8. That on 11 May 2007, eight days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

9. That on 12 May 2007, nine days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

10. That on 13 May 2007, ten days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

11. That on 14 May 2007, eleven days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

12. That on 15 May 2007, twelve days after Madeleine was reported missing and there was extensive worldwide media coverage of her disappearance, neither Martin Smith nor any other member of his family of nine still thought of contacting the police to tell them about their alleged sighting

13. That in the days leading up to 15 May, widespread suspicion in the media had fallen on Robert Murat as the likely abductor of Madeleine

14. That Martin Smith was a friend of Robert Murat, saw him in bars regularly during his regular holidays in the Estrela da Luz complex in Praia da Luz ,and had known him for at least two years    

15. That his friend Robert Murat was, in a blaze of publicity, pulled in for questioning on 15 May 2007 and made a suspect

16. That, on Martin Smith’s own testimony, his own son Peter had to ring up and remind him, on 16 May, the day after Martin Smith’s friend Robert Murat was arrested, as follows: “Dad, am I remembering this correctly, did we see a man carrying a child that night that Madeleine went missing” (not his exact words, but that’s the essence of it)

17. That only then did Martin Smith contact the police

18. That although he

(a) only had a very brief sighting of the man he said he saw, and

(b) it was dark, and

(c) the street lighting was ‘very weak’, and

(d) the child was obscuring the man’s face, and

(e) he admitted he would never be able to recognise him again if he saw him

(f) he was not wearing his glasses that night, yet…

…he could be absolutely sure that the man he says he saw carrying the child was definitely not Robert Murat

19. That this at the very least raises the possibility that in contacting the police on 16 May 2014 he may have been in touch with his friend Robert Murat and may have been seeking to help him. 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 15:05

comperedna wrote:Can anyone remember where, and when, and by whom, it was reported that the child carried by Smithman had her arms hanging down? If Smithman existed, as he may well have done, whoever he was, carrying a child with arms hanging down is very odd indeed. However sleepy, a child carried upright usually stirs and slings their arms around your neck, or at least does not leave them 'hanging down'. Is that observation a forum myth?

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvIwIXlIyY4G8xiYLq6MXeFCzOtvic2PaakY3cg8cTP8SieamVSA
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 15:09

candyfloss wrote:
comperedna wrote:Can anyone remember where, and when, and by whom, it was reported that the child carried by Smithman had her arms hanging down? If Smithman existed, as he may well have done, whoever he was, carrying a child with arms hanging down is very odd indeed. However sleepy, a child carried upright usually stirs and slings their arms around your neck, or at least does not leave them 'hanging down'. Is that observation a forum myth?

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvIwIXlIyY4G8xiYLq6MXeFCzOtvic2PaakY3cg8cTP8SieamVSA

I think comperedna may have been referring to the original (alleged) sighting

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top