The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest 05.06.14 14:21

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
sofieellis wrote:Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  9m
Dear Jane Tanner. If what I am hearing is TRUE, then I might even forgive your invented "sighting" :-) #McCann #McCanns

Does Spudgun think Jane Tanner has talked for some reason?

Mind blowing, isn't it?  I suspected that she had told all back at the October Crimewatch special.

I hope spudgun goes into further detail.

It's a shame then that any remaining credibility that she might have had was so utterly destroyed on telly last night.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 25 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by CynicAl 05.06.14 14:24

Tony Bennett wrote:
russiandoll wrote:
As realistic as your conspiracy theory involving millions of pounds and from the very top of the powers that be, without a rational reason for what and why.
I've given my rational reasons many times over - in 21 words:

Rupert Murdoch
Rebekah Brooks
Clarence Mitchell
Tony Blair
Gordon Brown

Something nasty close to government and media elites being covered up
I'd abridge that to just 20 words. Just remove the word 'rational.' 

You can' t call a conspiracy theory held together by threads of fragmented circumstantial association 'rational.'  There's nothing 'rational'  or 'logical' about it.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal 05.06.14 14:25

Oooh , I like Spudgun!

BTW, these twice yearly visits by Kate to Portugal to be close to Madeleine; has she ever been spotted? Does she just go to somewhere in the country or does she visit PdL in disguise or am I the only person to think it a load of twaddle? Surely someone would tip the press the wink if she were on her way over?
Hopespringseternal
Hopespringseternal

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 05.06.14 14:25

How well connected is spudgun?  Is it likely he would have info on JT or not? Or is he having a coldwater moment?
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 05.06.14 14:28

Tony Bennett wrote:
noddy100 wrote:I agree. I think Smithman was Gerry
One person who shares your strong belief that there really was a 'Smithman' is of course D.C.I. Andy Redwood.

Indeed, he and the BBC spent a couple of million pounds (about £1 million each) to tell us just that - in a programme seen by 6.7 million people. He told the nation: Don't look for an abductor at 9.15pm, I've found that bloke. Look instead for someone seen by the Smiths who probably removed Madeleine from the apartment much nearer 10.00pm.

Without a shadow of a doubt, in promoting the 'Smithman' sighting so strongly (the McCanns having promoted him to a lesser extent already for the previous three years), Redwood does not for one nanosecond share the belief of many on here that Smithman was Gerry McCann. He thinks Smithman was the abductor.

(if, that is, he really believes in Smithman at all himself)
Hyperbole. 

You've not a clue what AR believes. For all you know he loathes GM and can't wait to arrest him personally if he gets the chance.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 14:33

CynicAl wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
noddy100 wrote:I agree. I think Smithman was Gerry
One person who shares your strong belief that there really was a 'Smithman' is of course D.C.I. Andy Redwood.

Indeed, he and the BBC spent a couple of million pounds (about £1 million each) to tell us just that - in a programme seen by 6.7 million people. He told the nation: Don't look for an abductor at 9.15pm, I've found that bloke. Look instead for someone seen by the Smiths who probably removed Madeleine from the apartment much nearer 10.00pm.

Without a shadow of a doubt, in promoting the 'Smithman' sighting so strongly (the McCanns having promoted him to a lesser extent already for the previous three years), Redwood does not for one nanosecond share the belief of many on here that Smithman was Gerry McCann. He thinks Smithman was the abductor.

(if, that is, he really believes in Smithman at all himself)
Hyperbole. 

You've not a clue what AR believes. For all you know he loathes GM and can't wait to arrest him personally if he gets the chance.

Any further posts on Smithman here will be deleted and not moved. There is now a Smithman thread on which to discuss things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 05.06.14 14:40

Bishop Brennan wrote:How well connected is spudgun?  Is it likely he would have info on JT or not? Or is he having a coldwater moment?

No idea, I'm afraid. It may just be optimism.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 05.06.14 14:41

If they find anything short of a body do you think it would leak?
DurhamGuy1967

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.06.14 14:54

Will somebody tell me WHY the MET are 'digging' at the 'snail'

'based' on info the Smith's, via Halligen, said?

If 'Madeleine' is NOT 'there', then i presume the MET go will home.

Because if they move 'somewhere' else to 'search' (beach, cliffs) then that will NOT be 'based' on the Smith's sighting, will it?

So where has THAT 'other place(s) to search' info, come from?

I'm sure i read that the searches ARE based on specific 'intell' (Smiths/Halligen)

THREE 'different' locations is NOT specific.

eta: Officers are expected to use ground-penetrating radar to look for signs of soil disturbance, while mechanical diggers will carry out full excavations. Trained sniffer dogs will also be used to search for human remains.

Keith Farquharson, a former Metropolitan Police search adviser, told Sky News that the police have "obviously got hard information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area".
---------------------------------------------------------------
..........the police HAVE "obviously GOT 'HARD' information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area"

REALLY?

Then no need to 'search' anywhere else, i would have thought.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.06.14 14:56

tiny wrote:They look at bit dirt-y
That's from counting the money

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 05.06.14 14:58

jeanmonroe wrote:Will somebody tell me WHY the MET are 'digging' at the 'snail'

Because if they move 'somewhere' else to 'search' (beach, cliffs) then that will NOT be 'based' on the Smith's sighting, will it?

I'm sure i read that the searches ARE based on specific 'intell' (Smiths/Halligen)

As far as I'm aware neither police force have revealed any reasons for why the digs are being carried out. Any reasons given in the media must be speculation.
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal 05.06.14 15:02

Some very good comments on the Sky News site. Much being made about the discounting of Eddie and Keela's findings but the use of 2 more dogs in this search.

MaxShalamar2112
2:31 PM on 5/6/2014

So what happened about the blood in the boot of the rental car?

Score: 0
Name withheld
MaxShalamar2112
2:20 PM on 5/6/2014

Let's hope they find her, get evidence to put those guilty away and maybe the circus will end :)

.. and most importantly learn a few lessons about investigation and co-operation

Name withheld
jules37
2:18 PM on 5/6/2014

I hope they find her body and the truth can finally come out, if they can prove it that is!

Name withheld
splifm8
2:08 PM on 5/6/2014

Its amazing watching this unfold - Most of this should have been done at the time - shows how useless Police are

Name withheld
Yordi Busceski
2:04 PM on 5/6/2014

Cut to the chase and questions the parents!!! Poor little Maddie. It's a disgrace that the McCanns have not yet been held accountable for any portion of what happened that night. First things first, a lie detector test perhaps?!

Name withheld
Bunika
12:03 PM on 5/6/2014

It is a sad sight to see. Poor little Madeleine.

Name withheld
Miss Button
11:34 AM on 5/6/2014

Torchwood77

10:51 AM on 5/6/2014

Still waiting for any acknowledgement that they are partly responsible for what happened for leaving their daughter alone....but won't hold my breath as they will no doubt continue to blame and sue everyone else.

Both Gerry and Kate accepted that they were wrong to leave their children alone and said that they would have to live with that mistake for the rest of their lives.

Name withheld
dragonflyuk
11:29 AM on 5/6/2014

@2mingmong - No doubt, just no one has the guts to say it!

Name withheld
2mingmong
11:09 AM on 5/6/2014

Scotland Yard works in mysterious ways.....I wonder if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking?

Name withheld
Torchwood77
10:51 AM on 5/6/2014

Sorry but this is a complete waste of tax payers money , the crime happened in Portugal the Portuguese police should be doing this are we going to fly cops all over the world solving other countries crimes??? Why is this kid more important than the hundreds of others missing ??

Still waiting for any acknowledgement that they are partly responsible for what happened for leaving their daughter alone....but won't hold my breath as they will no doubt continue to blame and sue everyone else.

Name withheld
Kris W
10:42 AM on 5/6/2014
@Sandra Rennie: "So what was wrong with Eddie and Keela ?"

...the McCann's didn't like the evidence those dogs found, so it was rejected.

Apparently the two best-trained dogs in the British police force both produced spurious results - simultaneously - even though they were searching for different things. How odd.

Name withheld
sandra rennie
10:09 AM on 5/6/2014

Seven years too late for sniffer dogs now ! Did these dogs find April Jones - no !

So what was wrong with Eddie and Keela ?
Hopespringseternal
Hopespringseternal

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 15:07

LHL News @LHLNews 8 mins
12:33pm, Thu 5 Jun 2014 Image beneath soil at Madeleine #McCann search site 'worth close attention' http://www.itv.com/news/2014-06-05/image-beneath-soil-at-madeleine-mccann-search-site-offering-police-something-worth-close-attention/ …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 15:08

Three specific locations? Just guessing (but you get my point).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.06.14 15:18

MarcoG wrote:

The 'show' must go on!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.06.14 15:25

missmar1 wrote:Sorry if I have put this on the wrong thread so please remove if I have,

I was reading a post recently ( cant remember exact words )  which mentioned the recent comment via a friend of the Mccann's that unless Madeleine's DNA is found they wont be returning to Portugal.....  the poster thought it was an odd comment for parents of a missing child to make, and so do I, you would think they would have said if they find her body - not her DNA

When you think about it, imo, it really is a very odd comment  and ranks among some other seemingly odd comments they have made...ie, The one where Gerry Mccann snapped " find the body" seemed odd at the time but it doesnt seem so odd now if you think about the more recent odd one about not returning to Portugal unless Madeleine's DNA is found.... unless her DNA is found ? Why say that ?  imo, if the Mccann's know for sure there is no body to be found,  then these two odd comments when put together would make sense  .....  was Gerry Mccann's subconscious mind coming to the front when he said DNA and not body ?

It is in line though with their earlier behaviour of Kate thinks thge police drives to fast to a sighting, or Gerry discussing footbal while sucking lollipops with the police around them being more anxious about a possible sighting that the pathetic parents.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 05.06.14 15:25

The 'three locations' initially mapped out by the press did not include the snail. From that we can probably conclude the press don't really have a clue, just like the rest of us!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.06.14 15:27

The SHOW must go on.............

Empty spaces - what are we searching for?
Abandoned places - I guess we know the score
On and on!
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

Another hero - another, mindless crime.
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime
Hold the line!
Does anybody want to take it anymore?

The Show must go on!
The Show must go on!Yeah!
The Show must go on! Yeah!
The Show must go on!

I'll face it with a grin!
I'm never giving in!
On with the show!

OG 'chorus' (about Andy)

He'll top the bill!
He is ol' Bill
He'll overkill!
He has to find the will to carry on!
On with the show!
On with the show!

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 05.06.14 15:32

Exactly, the press don't have a clue.

I've yet to see a report that includes a direct quote from someone who is part of the investigation.

All the stories we are seeing at the moment are simply just reporters interpretations of the pictures they are seeing, not a result of questioning a member of the investigation team.

It's all stuff like "they've done some digging", "they've erected a tent", "they have found some non organic material"...no shit Sherlock, non organic material could be anything and the tents are in plain sight. 

This radio silence from the cops is probably down to the PJ demanding that there isn't a media circus this time around.

I presume the press will be briefed at some point, but I don't think that'll happen until arrests are made or the dig ends.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.06.14 15:34

Pershing36 wrote:
petunia wrote:I am sure they will find plenty of bones if this scrub land was  a place were people buried their dead animals. roses

Yes but it sounds important!

We went to some wasteland, immediately found an area of interest.  Erected some tents and dug and guess what we found bones and a news paper headline.  Alas they turned out to be animal bones but just how good were we to find remains in such a short time.

It is a massive site and they have dug a tiny bit, now if it follows what the local papers say they will search a few other bits then move on.  This seems to have to be completed to a time schedule (which is boastfully been increased) not till a thorough job has been done.  If this achieves nothing then no doubt we will get 'well the Portuguese authorities only allowed us this amount of time'.

Will the next 7 days be that area of wasteland or are they moving on towards the other areas they wanted to dig?  

For a search that wasn't meant to have a running commentary we have loads of pictures of detectives, dogs, tents, holes covered by corrugated iron and reports of bones.

I am sorry I think this is all a crock to justify the amount of money spent with no apparent results so far.

Cast your minds back, they did this in Kos with the Ben Needham case when nobody believed he was buried in that field.  They went anyway, with the press, dug and found nothing.

Indeed. I have seen nothing yet that will change my mind about that.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 15:35

jeanmonroe wrote:
MarcoG wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:THREE 'different' locations is NOT specific.

The 'show' must go on!
It looks specific. Whatever main stream media say without knowing. I see tents, not a show.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 05.06.14 15:42

candyfloss wrote:LHL News @LHLNews 8 mins
12:33pm, Thu 5 Jun 2014 Image beneath soil at Madeleine #McCann search site 'worth close attention' http://www.itv.com/news/2014-06-05/image-beneath-soil-at-madeleine-mccann-search-site-offering-police-something-worth-close-attention/ …

I found this bit (in bold) from the itv news report above interesting....

Frustratingly, we're receiving no updates from the teams here, no progress reports at all. The British taxpayer would be entitled to expect at least some information, perhaps, given the search is being funded from the public purse, but Scotland Yard insists its hands are tied. This is, officially, a Portuguese police operation and the law here forbids officers from talking about an ongoing inquiry.

So it may be that for another week or more we watch this meticulous search continue, fascinated by the methods the police are employing but unable to tell whether any of this is taking them even a small step closer to finding Madeleine McCann.

Just thought it was a bit of a 'dig' (no pun intended) at SY.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 05.06.14 15:45

Tangled Web wrote:
candyfloss wrote:LHL News @LHLNews 8 mins

I found this bit (in bold) from the itv news report above interesting....

Frustratingly, we're receiving no updates from the teams here, no progress reports at all. The British taxpayer would be entitled to expect at least some information, perhaps, given the search is being funded from the public purse, but Scotland Yard insists its hands are tied. This is, officially, a Portuguese police operation and the law here forbids officers from talking about an ongoing inquiry.

So it may be that for another week or more we watch this meticulous search continue, fascinated by the methods the police are employing but unable to tell whether any of this is taking them even a small step closer to finding Madeleine McCann.

Just thought it was a bit of a 'dig' (no pun intended) at SY.

I have noticed that reports from journalists at the site are very thin on the ground today compared to the rest of the week.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 05.06.14 15:46

New post on the Official Facebook page:

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
42 minutes ago
We would like to ask people to refrain from spreading rumours and speculation based on inaccurate press reporting. We are kept updated on the on-going work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress.

Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home. 

Gerry and Kate
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.06.14 15:47

Mike Spudgun ‏@spudgun01  9m
Dear Jane Tanner. If what I am hearing is TRUE, then I might even forgive your invented "sighting" :-) #McCann #McCanns

If true then we know why sy are digging where they are. :fingerscrossed
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top