The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Mm11

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Mm11

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Regist10

Kate McCann launches New Campaign

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate McCann launches New Campaign

Post by Watching 20.05.14 20:52

Newintown wrote:
Watching wrote:

But as mentioned many times on this forum, what happens if someone comes forward in the future and confesses everything or something.  SY or the PJ or whoever is going to have more than a lot of egg on their faces.

mirage wrote:

They'll still manage to Scramble it into something the public will swallow. The chief will only have to say: 'This couple have suffered for their mistake. Omeletting them go. It's not that they have been treated with any favouritism, we have not Coddled them in any way. We are compassionate people. Remember, we are a police service - not a force. In that respect no one can accuse us of being Hard-boiled. It's just that we have looked at two options and decided on Sunny-side up. That is not to say we won't Crack this in the future. We are Laying it on file. The whole case has been like walking on Egg Shells what with data we wanted from the PJ not easily Poached. We will keep an Albumen of all the dodgy photographs, of course.

Let me finish by saying Double yokers are rare in the criminal world, but where they arise they will be Beaten in the end. We will  never accept the Yoke has been entirely on us.

Thank you for allowing us to Whisk you into a froth of anticipation only to be let down by some very Bad Eggs.

Bon Appetit. Mind how you go."

Very funny MirageKate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 145161

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Flat,550x550,075,f
          WON'T ASK YOU AGAIN, DCI REDWOOD FROM MET HERE, MOVE ALONG

Not very funny when we're talking about the death of a 3 year old child and the "maybe" cover up/disappearance of her body by the parents and or the Tapas 7.  What chance did Madeleine have against all these people who were more concerned in keeping their families/lifestyle together instead of telling the truth of what happened on 3 May 2007 and then carrying on with their lives for the past 7 years as if nothing happened.

A bit like Pistorius really saying he didn't mean to shoot Reeva, he was shooting at the door.  The fact that she was standing behind the door and took the impact of 3 or 4 bullets didn't really matter, she should've called out to him that she was in the toilet before he shot (according to him).  Nothing to do with Pistorius, he's being carrying on his life for the past year as if nothing happened, nice girlfriend, nice house to live in (his uncle's), nice food, etc.

Well there is where we will have to disagree Newintown -  Mirage is being lighthearted, it is allowed, and sometimes it is just what is needed, and I find it witty and funny!  Many comments on the various threads posted in much the same vein, those of Mirage should not be looked upon any differently.
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann launches New Campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate McCann launches New Campaign

Post by kevmack 20.05.14 20:57

Tony Bennett wrote:
kevmack wrote:
To be fair though Tony, it was the McCanns who have claimed abduction and the press went along with it.  I only made the point I did because you seemed to be quoting from the article, substituting the words missing and disappeared with abduction, claiming that is why you believe Grange will be a whitewash, when the article does not use the word abduction in relation to Madeleine at all.

I understand. It made no difference for me whether they said 'missing Madeleine' or 'abducted Madeleine'. It is simply the fact that the National Crime Agency (our top crime-fighting body) and Missing People and Child Rescue Alert all promoting Kate McCann to head up their latest campaign tells me, as it must surely tell everyone else, that the mantra 'Madeleine was abducted' is now set in the hardest of hard stone.   

I respect your opinion Tony, but at this point I don't agree with it, inasmuch that I don't believe Grange will be a whitewash...

This will probably come over to some as 'arrogant', but with equal respect to you, kevmack, I think my opinion on this issue has a great deal more evidence to support it than yours. I wish however that the evidence did not lead me to hold that opinion
Well I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet and if Grange is a whitewash as you believe, then lets face it, we'd all do well to just pack up and forget about it all, because no amount of us writing here on this forum or elsewhere will ever change the result and like I say I still hold out hope that we will have cause to believe that justice still exists.
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:58

Tony Bennett wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
I will spell it out in more detail.

The script for the official British establishment narrative about Madeleine's disappearance was written on Day One - and has never changed.

Madeleine was abducted by an evil abductor.

So, TB, are we all here wasting our time?
A three-year-old British girl has gone missing in what by any measure are extraordinary circumstances.

That is wholly unacceptable, and for the sake of Madeleine's memory, for the sake of the truth, and for the sake of all those who have contributed to the Find Madeleine Fund, we want to know what really happened.

Time spent here by those genuinely seeking the truth and contributing positivley in one way or another to doing so can never be said to be 'wasting their time'; IMO the truth about anything is a worthwhile pursuit, be it how the universe was formed, or how a little girl went missing.

What I am saying is that the news today that the National Crime Agency, Missing People and those behind Child Rescue Alert are all willing to put Madeleine's mother at the very forefront of this child safety/rescue campaign is a signal (if one were needed) that we can only expect DCI Redwood and co to return a verdict of 'Madeleine was abducted by an evil abductor'.

Whenever they have finished spending taxpayers' money to say so
What I am saying is that the news today that the National Crime Agency, Missing People and those behind Child Rescue Alert are all willing to put Madeleine's mother at the very forefront of this child safety/rescue campaign is a signal (if one were needed) that we can only expect DCI Redwood and co to return a verdict of 'Madeleine was abducted by an evil abductor'.

Quite depressing, this news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 21:00

Tony Bennett wrote:
kevmack wrote:
To be fair though Tony, it was the McCanns who have claimed abduction and the press went along with it.  I only made the point I did because you seemed to be quoting from the article, substituting the words missing and disappeared with abduction, claiming that is why you believe Grange will be a whitewash, when the article does not use the word abduction in relation to Madeleine at all.

I understand. It made no difference for me whether they said 'missing Madeleine' or 'abducted Madeleine'. It is simply the fact that the National Crime Agency (our top crime-fighting body) and Missing People and Child Rescue Alert all promoting Kate McCann to head up their latest campaign tells me, as it must surely tell everyone else, that the mantra 'Madeleine was abducted' is now set in the hardest of hard stone.   

I respect your opinion Tony, but at this point I don't agree with it, inasmuch that I don't believe Grange will be a whitewash...

This will probably come over to some as 'arrogant', but with equal respect to you, kevmack, I think my opinion on this issue has a great deal more evidence to support it than yours. I wish however that the evidence did not lead me to hold that opinion
Your last paragraph Tony is very poignant and I don't find it arrogant at all. It's no secret that I disagree with you at times.

There is nothing more in the world that is wished for by people on this forum than for truth and justice for Madeleine McCann.

No-one will feel good to say 'I was right' 'I was the one that told ya'.

It simply can't be ignored that a galloping charity is now in bed with a crime agency in UK.

Poor Madeleine, collateral damage, victim of greed and no doubt mascot for 'the greater good' that will extend her fiscal worth by vile liars who couldn't afford her the honour of telling the whole truth.

If anyone thinks there will ever be a whistle blower on this please think again.

I really, really want to be wrong.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 20.05.14 21:03

aquila wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
kevmack wrote:

Your last paragraph Tony is very poignant and I don't find it arrogant at all. It's no secret that I disagree with you at times.

There is nothing more in the world that is wished for by people on this forum than for truth and justice for Madeleine McCann.

No-one will feel good to say 'I was right' 'I was the one that told ya'.

It simply can't be ignored that a galloping charity is now in bed with a crime agency in UK.

Poor Madeleine, collateral damage, victim of greed and no doubt mascot for 'the greater good' that will extend her fiscal worth by vile liars who couldn't afford her the honour of telling the whole truth.

If anyone thinks there will ever be a whistle blower on this please think again.

I really, really want to be wrong.

Ditto,  Aquila
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 20.05.14 21:07

kevmack wrote:
Well I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet and if Grange is a whitewash as you believe, then lets face it, we'd all do well to just pack up and forget about it all, because no amount of us writing here on this forum or elsewhere will ever change the result...
What?!*!??*@??

'Admit defeat'?

The people who perished at Hillsborough in 1988 and their surviving relatives were victims of a cover-up.

The senior police invovled repeatedly lied through their teeth.

The current Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders, blocked a second inquest when she was a lawyer for the Attorney-General.

Did the victims' families give up?

Did they 'admit defeat'?

NO.

They persisted, and patiently and intelligently went on campaigning.

Until they got a result.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 21:11

Bloody hell. I was feeling quite cheerful until I read those last few posts. I wouldn't even trust myself with the plastic cutlery now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 20.05.14 21:21

It is very depressing but if Mr Bennett can survive the last seven years then surely we can all survive the next seven......please god, no!
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 21:21

Newintown wrote: Are there any photos of KM and Mrs Jones together.  The only photo I've seen on the paper's website is KM and her mother.

This sounds very strange to me too. Kate isn't very likely to have become camera shy after all this time.

I really do hope that she hasn't ingratiated herself in with the Jones family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 20.05.14 21:22

Tony Bennett wrote:
kevmack wrote:
Well I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet and if Grange is a whitewash as you believe, then lets face it, we'd all do well to just pack up and forget about it all, because no amount of us writing here on this forum or elsewhere will ever change the result...
What?!*!??*@??

'Admit defeat'?

The people who perished at Hillsborough in 1988 and their surviving relatives were victims of a cover-up.

The senior police invovled repeatedly lied through their teeth.

The current Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders, blocked a second inquest when she was a lawyer for the Attorney-General.

Did the victims' families give up?

Did they 'admit defeat'?

NO.

They persisted, and patiently and intelligently went on campaigning.

Until they got a result.
I don't think you can compare this case to Hillsborough Tony, 96 people died and their families and friends fought for years for the truth to come out.  If Grange is a whitewash then as we already know Madeleine's parents are not going to fight for her, are they.  At the end of the day, we on this forum and elsewhere have no clout whatsoever to press the investigation for answers, apart from our own desire for justice for a child we didn't know and have relation to, so I think your comparison is a bit insulting tbh

But I think we should just agree to differ at this point as we are clearly not going to agree on this issue.
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 21:23

Clay Regazzoni wrote:Bloody hell. I was feeling quite cheerful until I read those last few posts. I wouldn't even trust myself with the plastic cutlery now.

big grin   I'm still cheerful, if they wanted to whitewash it they could have done so in a much shorter time frame, and spent a lot less public money!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 20.05.14 21:24

Ladyinred wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

The script for the official British establishment narrative about Madeleine's disappearance was written on Day One - and has never changed.

A three-year-old British girl has gone missing in what by any measure are extraordinary circumstances.

That is wholly unacceptable, and for the sake of Madeleine's memory, for the sake of the truth, and for the sake of all those who have contributed to the Find Madeleine Fund, we want to know what really happened.

Time spent here by those genuinely seeking the truth and contributing positivley in one way or another to doing so can never be said to be 'wasting their time'; IMO the truth about anything is a worthwhile pursuit, be it how the universe was formed, or how a little girl went missing.

Missing People are also heading up their campaign efforts with the mother of a child murdered almost immediately after being abducted by a paedophile and the father of a missing woman, the subject of a current homicide investigation.  Therefore at least two of the 3 faces of the campaign seem counter intuitive, to say the least as the type of alert being promoted is unlikely to have aided the victims in either case. 

This simply looks like a charity prepared to go with a headline grabbing photo op at any cost while airbrushing out the cruel irony of using such ambassadors for their cause.  Ergot a singular lack of judgement which may be being extended in the case of KMcC who is willing to front the campaign and, as the mother of the most famous missing child on the planet is simply far too good a marketing ploy, regardless of any questions about her role as a suitable figurehead.  This seems more a questionable case of PR style over substance than proof of an establishment whitewash and while I do have reservations concerning the point and purpose of Grange think KMcC as abassador for Missing neither adds to nor detracts from the situation concerning a potential whitewash.  An opinion only with which others will, and are entitled to disagree as they see fit.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 21:32

Monty Heck wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Missing People are also heading up their campaign efforts with the mother of a child murdered almost immediately after being abducted by a paedophile and the father of a missing woman, the subject of a current homicide investigation.  Therefore at least two of the 3 faces of the campaign seem counter intuitive, to say the least as the type of alert being promoted is unlikely to have aided the victims in either case. 

This simply looks like a charity prepared to go with a headline grabbing photo op at any cost while airbrushing out the cruel irony of using such ambassadors for their cause.  Ergot a singular lack of judgement which may be being extended in the case of KMcC who is willing to front the campaign and, as the mother of the most famous missing child on the planet is simply far too good a marketing ploy, regardless of any questions about her role as a suitable figurehead.  This seems more a questionable case of PR style over substance than proof of an establishment whitewash and while I do have reservations concerning the point and purpose of Grange think KMcC as abassador for Missing neither adds to nor detracts from the situation concerning a potential whitewash.  An opinion only with which others will, and are entitled to disagree as they see fit.
Ask the chief constable who went along on a Sunday to give a speech to Missing People's first ever conference (it was a pathetic attendance in terms of numbers btw) if he considered his presence as an endorsement of this charity. Ask him if he thinks it a good thing for a charity to call the UK police 'our partners' and to display the logo of ACPO on their website.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 20.05.14 21:33

candyfloss wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:Bloody hell. I was feeling quite cheerful until I read those last few posts. I wouldn't even trust myself with the plastic cutlery now.

big grin   I'm still cheerful, if they wanted to whitewash it they could have done so in a much shorter time frame, and spent a lot less public money!
 clapping
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 20.05.14 21:51

To make this campaign a success, Missing People (& the National Crime Agency) know they need a genuine person fronting it, and they've only got Kate McCann. By involving April's mother, a million signatures are virtually guaranteed. Everyone will want to sign up and show their support for Coral Jones regardless of whether KM tags along or not. It will be trumpeted as a joint accomplishment but it wouldn't happen without Coral Jones. They know it & that's why they've asked for her help.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 20.05.14 22:00

tasprin wrote:To make this campaign a success, Missing People (& the National Crime Agency) know they need a genuine person fronting it, and they've only got Kate McCann. By involving April's mother, a million signatures are virtually guaranteed. Everyone will want to sign up and show their support for Coral Jones regardless of whether KM tags along or not. It will be trumpeted as a joint accomplishment but it wouldn't happen without Coral Jones. They know it & that's why they've asked for her help.
Exactly, they need bodies to front the campaign and get those signatures rolling in.  What matters is that together they will engender maximum sympathy and who could argue with the fact that Mrs Jones is a woman whose child was murdered in the most hideous circumstances.  While there may be controversy surrounding KMcC she is not only innocent from a legal standpoint she is pretty much a well known face and capable of getting the kind of free, high profile media coverage most charities would give their eye teeth for.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 20.05.14 22:01

candyfloss wrote:

Bloody Sunday was covered up TWICE in two separate 'whitewash' enquiries.

Over 30 years later, the Savile enquiry (no relation), which eventually got to the truth, maybe on the principle of 'third time lucky', cost the taxpayer a cool £200 million, and took how many years?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 22:05

I'm not sure they've entirely got to the bottom of Hillsborough yet (well, nobody's been to prison). And in that crime there were thousands of witnesses, many of them related to the victims!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 20.05.14 22:07

aquila wrote:
Ask the chief constable who went along on a Sunday to give a speech to Missing People's first ever conference (it was a pathetic attendance in terms of numbers btw) if he considered his presence as an endorsement of this charity. Ask him if he thinks it a good thing for a charity to call the UK police 'our partners' and to display the logo of ACPO on their website.
A very good point.

And of course the McCanns and the Met are partners in solving the enduring mystery of 'who abducted Madeleine?'

Met Police website

"Got info about Madeleine? Then ring the McCanns' hotline. Or maybe Crimestoppers. Or even, as a last resort, us!"

Or remember...

The Leicestershire Constabulary website:

"Got info about Madeleine? Then ring the McCanns' hotline. Or maybe Crimestoppers. Or even, as a last resort, us!"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 20.05.14 22:12

The difference for me Tony is that the cover ups you mention are police/government covering their own lies/errors.

Unless the Met/government are somehow directly involved in what happened to MBM, then I can't see why they would put themselves in this position, especially in this climate of them being called out on historic cases the last few years.

IMO, of course.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 20.05.14 22:24

TheTruthWillOut wrote:The difference for me Tony is that the cover ups you mention are police/government covering their own lies/errors.

Unless the Met/government are somehow directly involved in what happened to MBM, then I can't see why they would put themselves in this position, especially in this climate of them being called out on historic cases the last few years.

IMO, of course.
I really hope TB is wrong on this. Yet I cant help feeling he's right and this will be a whitewash. On the other hand I still have optimism because humans have an innate optimism.
Ages ago I believed that the UK public were being prepared to be exposed to the partial truth of this case. Slowly, step by step we would be introduced to the truth. And that has happened. We have been introduced to the e-fits that were hidden away  - then that M died in the apartment - what next we will be discovering via SY?
Some have said that todays news has introduced us to the fact that 'high status' people enjoy swinging!
I'm not ruling out that SY will reveal partial truth about what happened to M..maybe not to the extent of revealing all those involved - but hopefully at least 9. I do tend to agree with Tony but there is still a faint hope of some justice - if only from the PJ.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 20.05.14 22:30

You believe that Tony is right, Helenmeg, he certainly is not correct about what is on the Met site re Grange

Contacts

• Met Incident Room: 020 7321 9251
  • Alternatively if you do not want to speak to us directly you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Tony clearly being sarcastic about the wording,,, but there were no words to rephrase which gave readers any info re the McCann contact details.

Met Police website

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 20.05.14 22:38

This brings new meaning to transparency and openness!

http://www.met.police.uk/cgi-bin/htsearch?words=madeleine&config=metpolice&restrict=&Search+this+site.x=4&Search+this+site.y=10

Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1. 

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’.  This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);

• The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
  • UK Law Enforcement agencies,
  • Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.

The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. 

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

End
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 20.05.14 22:48

Newintown wrote:
Are there any photos of KM and Mrs Jones together?  The only photo I've seen on the paper's website is KM and her mother.
Yes.

There is just such a picture on the Wales Online website, here:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coral-jones-kate-mccann-launch-7148223

Kate McCann, left: Coral Jones, right.

The more one thinks about it, the more this seems totally the wrong choice of two people to front ANY campaign connected with the welfare of children, as a couple of posters have pointed out. It's doubtful if a 'Child Rescue Alert' system would have made much difference in either case (assuming the McCanns' account of events is true).

What is amazing is that neither case (the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the murder of April Jones) has resulted in either of the parents, or any child welfare agency, using what happened to make this key point:

"Never leave young children on their own".

The McCanns admit to Madeleine and the twins being left alone evening after evening for periods of half-an-hour, despite all manner of risks, including (however unlikely) a break-in followed by an abduction.

In the case of Paul and Coral Jones and their daughter April, of course Mark Bridger is responsible for his evil act, triggered by watching a video of a violent sexual act towards a young child.

And of course, we were told that she was 'playing outside with a friend', which under many circumstances is quite acceptable.

But then we have a series of 'buts'.

But she was only 5 years old.

But she sufferd from left-side cerebral palsy.

But she was playing 200 yards and several streets away from her parents' home.

But if she was playing at a friend's house (as claimed), then the parents of that friend were not exercising adequate supervision.

But - supremely - when April was snatched, it was past 7.00pm and already dark.

I wonder if either the McCanns or the Joneses would be willing to sign up to a campaign whose slogan was:

"Don't take the risk; never leave young childen alone"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 20.05.14 23:43

Tony Bennett wrote:
Newintown wrote:
Are there any photos of KM and Mrs Jones together?  The only photo I've seen on the paper's website is KM and her mother.
Yes.

There is just such a picture on the Wales Online website, here:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coral-jones-kate-mccann-launch-7148223

Kate McCann, left: Coral Jones, right.

The more one thinks about it, the more this seems totally the wrong choice of two people to front ANY campaign connected with the welfare of children, as a couple of posters have pointed out. It's doubtful if a 'Child Rescue Alert' system would have made much difference in either case (assuming the McCanns' account of events is true).

What is amazing is that neither case (the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the murder of April Jones) has resulted in either of the parents, or any child welfare agency, using what happened to make this key point:

"Never leave young children on their own".

The McCanns admit to Madeleine and the twins being left alone evening after evening for periods of half-an-hour, despite all manner of risks, including (however unlikely) a break-in followed by an abduction.

In the case of Paul and Coral Jones and their daughter April, of course Mark Bridger is responsible for his evil act, triggered by watching a video of a violent sexual act towards a young child.

And of course, we were told that she was 'playing outside with a friend', which under many circumstances is quite acceptable.

But then we have a series of 'buts'.

But she was only 5 years old.

But she sufferd from left-side cerebral palsy.

But she was playing 200 yards and several streets away from her parents' home.

But if she was playing at a friend's house (as claimed), then the parents of that friend were not exercising adequate supervision.

But - supremely - when April was snatched, it was past 7.00pm and already dark.

I wonder if either the McCanns or the Joneses would be willing to sign up to a campaign whose slogan was:

"Don't take the risk; never leave young childen alone"
So now you are castigating Coral Jones and placing her in the same category as the McCanns Tony? 

That is a low blow, a very low blow.  I shall bid you a goodnight...
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top