The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Mm11

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Regist10

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by Guest 08.01.14 10:01

DIBarlow wrote:Undone by their own shenanigans in Lisbon.

It would have been rather obvious if they'd pulled the programme at the last minute, after learning of the adjournment.

As it is they're going to have to try something else now.

Whatever, it's doomed to failure as they're not dealing in the truth.

There are now a couple of incidences of McCann-related TV 'developments' coinciding with key dates in the Lisbon trial. The "Crimewatch update" (which as many people commented on at the time, updated us all on precisely nothing) coincided with the belief that the judgement was going to be announced in Lisbon. In fact, two very distracting things happened at that time - the pointless Crimewatch update and the announcement that the MET sought collaboration with the PJ. If I recall correctly, back in October, just as the libel trial was starting, we also had "Scotland Yard Ready To Make Arrests" newspaper headlines (whatever happened to those arrests?)

Now, to coincide with the yesterday's expected Lisbon judgement announcement, we have a bizarre "documentary", supposedly showing how convicted criminals' body language has exposed them, but with the McCanns (who have not been found guilty of a crime) being thrown in as examples of "innocent" people. Why on earth would you include two people who have not only not been found guilty of a crime, but whose case has never been resolved and so remains open and ongoing? Didn't the programme makers think this could be the tiniest bit prejudicial in a future case? Well of course not, clearly, because their body language experts have kindly sat in judgement and decided the couple are totally innocent.

There is something a bit fishy about the content and timing of this programme and other recent McCann-related TV activity, and it doesn't reflect well on this country and its media.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 - ITV at 9:00pm,

Post by ultimaThule 08.01.14 10:04

Tony Bennett wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/
Dr Sharon Leal is a fellow at the University of Portsmouth.

The Centre for the Study of Missing Persons is based at the University of Portsmouth. Jo Youle, CEO of Missing People, is Chair of the Advisory Board.

Jo Youle, CEO Missing People:

Of whom the 100% innocent Kate McCann is an 'ambassador' for.

"The charity Missing People is delighted to be working in partnership with the CSMP.

SMALL WORLD, INNIT?

Thank you jeanmonroe for another fascinating detail relevant to the making of this programme.

Before we lose sight of, and then forget about, a few facts about this programme, we know the following. I make nothing at all of them, save to set them down for the written record on this forum:

THIRTEEN FACTS

1. The programme was called 'The Lying Game' and purported to expose criminals who tell lies

2. The programme featured Dr Sharon Leal, a 'Research Fellow' at the University of Portsmouth

3. The programme contrasted criminal liars with Doctors Gerald and Kate McCann, who featured in the programme, and whom Dr Leal said were '100% innocent'

4. Dr Leal purports to be an expert in 'investigative psychology', a technique that seems to be employed by sections of the insurance industry

5. The Centre for the Study of Missing Persons (CSMP) is based at the University of Portsmouth

6. The Chairman of the Advisory Board of CSMP is Jo Youle, the Chief Executive Officer for 'Missing People'

7. Dr Kate McCann, two years ago, was apppointed an 'Ambassador' for Missing People

8. Missing People has made a statement that "The charity Missing People is delighted to be working in partnership with the CSMP"

9. 'The Lying Game' was prodcued by Shine TV

10. Shine TV is part of the 'Shine Group', whose C-Founder and Chairman is Elisabeth Murdoch, daughter of the world's most powerful media mogul, Rupert Murdoch

11. Elisabeth Murdoch is married to Matthew Freud, Owner and Chief Executive Officer of Freud Communications, where in September 2008, the McCanns' chief reputation management adviser, Clarence Mitchell, became employed after ceasing to work for the McCanns full-time 

12. In the space of a few years, Clarence Mitchell worked for Tony Blair as Head of his Media Monitoring Unit, and then for David Cameron as his Deputy Director of Communications

13. The programme was scheduled to be transmitted on 7 January 2014, the very day that the final day of summing-up in the trial of McCanns v Amaral in the Lisbon Civil Court was slated to take place. 

PeterMac wrote:Brilliant.
Make a programme about people who have LIED and LIED and LIED again on camera and have been proved to have done so . .
And are in prison for the rest of their natural lives.
And so you have a good programme.
Signed, sealed, and delivered.
And then. . .

You include the McCanns,  
even for a few seconds, even saying C-R have told us we have to say the following  . . .
just "en passant", as you do on TV programmes - include totally extraneous and irrelevant detail, when your programme is controlled down to the last millisecond- - -
Why would you do that ?
Why did they do that?
Did the reference to them ADD to the programme ? Clearly NOT.
So why did they do it ?

They are "stuffed".
The phrase 'done up like a kipper' comes to mind. 

Mr Murdoch is unlikely to to have built his empire without keeping his friends close and his enemies even closer.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.01.14 10:10

I'm looking forward to hearing what these experts have to say when the case breaks, which it will. Dr. Sharon Leal has certainly compromised her reputation by saying 'McCanns are 100% innocent when ALL their videos clearly demonstrate the lying techniques she herself describes.

As her career is dependent on her successfully spotting lies, her views on the McCanns are so far off, that all her other work must be called into question. I have no doubt that the bizarre behaviour of the McCanns will be the stuff of text books for years and years to come, all of which seems to have gone over the head of one of the country's leading experts. Unless her remark forms part of some elaborate subterfuge, her credibility is shot to pieces.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 08.01.14 10:13

Popcorn wrote:
There is something a bit fishy about the content and timing of this programme and other recent McCann-related TV activity, and it doesn't reflect well on this country and its media.

I would agree with this. I think the content and timing of this program is the clincher.  The careful coordination of print media and TV programmes all seem to make sense only if it is to prepare the British public for a fully resourced whitewash.  The McCann PR machine is good, but it's not that good. It can drop newspaper stories but it can't influence the MET, the BBC and now this documentary. And it can't dictate TV schedules.  I have a bad feeling about this mission...
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 08.01.14 10:31

That was the same statement where GM said that he was hoping for 'the best possible outcome for us .... and for Madeleine'

I've never heard anyone with a missing child say anything quite like that. Why not just say that they were hopeful to find her as soon as possible, safe and well? Or, given the potentially terrible situation she might be in, why not 'We are hoping for the best possible outcome for Madeleine' whose well being must surely have been the priority? But GM does not say this, instead he says he wants the 'best possible outcome for 'us' and that 'us' does not include Madeleine, so he has to add, '..... and for Madeleine'. 

If GM had not said '..... and for Madeleine' I would have assumed that the 'us' did include Madeleine as part of their family, but GM has made it clear here that the 'us' referred to did not include her. She is an afterthought. Someone he felt he needed to draw attention to at that point, to make clear that he wanted the best possible outcome for Madeleine as well as for them.  

It follows that there must be a reason why Madeleine is not included in the 'us' when usually she would have been included I expect as part of the family. Already (only hours after her disappearance) GM seems to view Madeleine as being not part of the family, not part of the 'us' 

It's possible IMO that the reason for that is because he knows that MM is beyond help, therefore he wants the 'best possible outcome' for the rest of his family. In this context what he has said makes sense IMO.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.01.14 10:35

quote  :  " because their body language experts have kindly sat in judgement and decided the couple are totally innocent."

Forgive my being pedantic, but while more than one expert commented on the other notorious cases, iirc it was only one person used to comment on the Mcs.

This video is long but amongst others is worth a watch for what were described by these experts as giveaway indicators.

Special attention to the non- answer at about 36 minutes to the Q by Sandra F about what they do on a day to day basis to search for Madeleine....distraction, avoidance. The website got a mention, but no mention of what they did to search.

And there is more of the clip of the McCanns from last night, just Gerry's voice with clips from other videos whilst the words from his first tv statement are heard....to please let Madeleine come back to her family.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 10:37

These are Dr. Sharon Leal's teaching/research details.  I notice she is based on the Faculty of Science.  I'm not sure how 100% innocent can be a valid scientific statement.

Dr Sharon Leal

• Qualifications: BSc, PhD
  • Role Title: Research Fellow
  • Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
  • Telephone: 023 9284 6638
  • Email: sharon.leal@port.ac.uk
  • Department: Department of Psychology
  • Faculty: Faculty of Science

Biography
I obtained a first class honours degree in Psychology at the University of Portsmouth in 2000. The following year I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in research methods before embarking upon PhD research. My doctoral research was funded by the E.S.R.C and focused on the Central and Peripheral Physiology of Attention and Cognitive Demand, where multiple physiological responses were examined within the context of varying cognitive demand. Since completing my PhD I have received grants from the E.S.R.C. and UK / US governments to work with Aldert Vrij’s research team.  

Teaching Responsibilities
During my time at Portsmouth I have had many teaching duties including delivering lectures on the following units: Quantitative Analysis for Psychology using SPSS; Biological Psychology and Criminological Psychology. I have also been a personal tutor to year 1 and 2 BSc undergraduates.  

Research Interests
My current research focuses on the behavioural and physiological effects of cognitive load during deception. This research is very relevant for detecting how people engaged in ‘high stake’ deception respond verbally, non-verbally and physiologically. My work involves cooperation with national and international governments and police. I am a member of the European consortium of Psychological Research on Deception Detection (E-prodd). The consortium utilises cutting edge research from laboratories across Europe to optimise the detection of deception in serious crime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 08.01.14 10:59

I fear that there is a lot of disappointed barrel scraping taking place on the thread. The sad truth is that the British public have been left with another influential 'nudge' that the McCanns are 100% innocent. In fact, more of a blatant 'shove' really.

The contrast to the Portuguese CMTV programme could not be more amazing - they took the entirely opposite view.

For those who believe the McCanns are hiding a dreadful secret, the only hope seems to lie with the PJ, their ability to crack the case and to resist political interference. Past history suggests that this is a 50/50 bet at most.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 08.01.14 11:00

Cristobell wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing what these experts have to say when the case breaks, which it will.  Dr. Sharon Leal has certainly compromised her reputation by saying 'McCanns are 100% innocent when ALL their videos clearly demonstrate the lying techniques she herself describes.  

As her career is dependent on her successfully spotting lies, her views on the McCanns are so far off, that all her other work must be called into question.  I have no doubt that the bizarre behaviour of the McCanns will be the stuff of text books for years and years to come, all of which seems to have gone over the head of one of the country's leading experts.  Unless her remark forms part of some elaborate subterfuge, her credibility is shot to pieces.

Quite!

Interesting that of all the wealth of video material out there packed with weird body language, classic body language, dodgy linguistics and microsmirks etc - the only piece she/they choose to examine is based on the premise that holding a piece of paper is not indicative of guilt.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 08.01.14 11:11

Ladyinred wrote:These are Dr. Sharon Leal's teaching/research details:  [SNIPPED]

Research Interests
My current research focuses on the behavioural and physiological effects of cognitive load during deception. This research is very relevant for detecting how people engaged in ‘high stake’ deception respond verbally, non-verbally and physiologically. My work involves cooperation with national and international governments and police. I am a member of the European consortium of Psychological Research on Deception Detection (E-prodd). The consortium utilises cutting edge research from laboratories across Europe to optimise the detection of deception in serious crime.

!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 11:20

I didn't recognise all the people mentioned in the programme as being definitely innocent.

One that I did was the father of 13-year-old Lindsay Rimer who was murdered in 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Jo_Rimer

The case remains unsolved so nobody can say with any certainty who is definitely innocent. I can't find any surviving clips of Lindsay's father at his press conference but I remember how laid-back and seemingly unconcerned he was.

I am not of course suggesting that means he definitely knew more than he said but his behaviour was in my opinion extremely suspicious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by debs 08.01.14 11:30

I didn't know about a trial postponed from yesterday until I read about it here, but now I know I wonder if the timing of the show was a coincidence for the opposite reason that some of you think ie to draw attention to the trial not to cover it up
debs

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 08.01.14 11:31

I agree No Fate. Also II think the program was made by a bunch of twits who like making movies of themselves, pundits the lot of them, most definitely not scientists. However I don't know why we have got so caught on this womans words, they are merely an opinion. It I was included in a program like that along side murdering, lieing, cheating, nasty criminals I would sue the ITV for defamation.

The program did not send out a good message for McCann and Healey, they are rightly flying with the crows and will ultimately get shot down with them.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.01.14 11:52

gbwales wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing what these experts have to say when the case breaks, which it will.  Dr. Sharon Leal has certainly compromised her reputation by saying 'McCanns are 100% innocent when ALL their videos clearly demonstrate the lying techniques she herself describes.  

As her career is dependent on her successfully spotting lies, her views on the McCanns are so far off, that all her other work must be called into question.  I have no doubt that the bizarre behaviour of the McCanns will be the stuff of text books for years and years to come, all of which seems to have gone over the head of one of the country's leading experts.  Unless her remark forms part of some elaborate subterfuge, her credibility is shot to pieces.

Quite!

Interesting that of all the wealth of video material out there packed with weird body language, classic body language, dodgy linguistics and microsmirks etc - the only piece she/they choose to examine is based on the premise that holding a piece of paper is not indicative of guilt.

What a shame we didn't have that clip of Gerry telling Sandra F to 'ask the dogs' - it would have slotted nicely into the duping delight clips.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 08.01.14 11:55

MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 12:04

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I didn't recognise all the people mentioned in the programme as being definitely innocent.

I was watching the mighty Sunderland in action so missed the programme..... but did Sion Jenkins get a mention at all?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 12:09

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-lying-game-crimes-that-fooled-britain/series-1/episode-1-the-lying-game-crimes-that-fooled-britain

Here it is for those who missed it. No mention of Sion Jenkins that I recall.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.01.14 12:11

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-lying-game-crimes-that-fooled-britain/series-1/episode-1-the-lying-game-crimes-that-fooled-britain

Here it is for those who missed it. No mention of Sion Jenkins that I recall.

Thanks NFWTD. My acquaintance with the output of ITV is so slender that I didn't even realise they had one of those iplayer type things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.01.14 12:20

It's a 'blink and you miss it' segment added for no apparent reason  winkwink
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 08.01.14 12:26

I hadn't realised this is part one of a series , perhaps messrs Healy and McCann are to be featured in a further episode ?
Rasputin
Rasputin

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 08.01.14 12:37

I never saw this program but it seems strange to include persons said to be 100% innocent on program devoted to proven liars.
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.01.14 12:40

ultimaThule wrote:It's a 'blink and you miss it' segment added for no apparent reason  winkwink

Link requires post code to open, not worth submitting for something worthless.

Any expert worth her salt would not quantify degree of innocence considering subject-under-study was featured only for milliseconds.
It suggests lack of objectivity.  Someone objective is likely to afford it just general comment.
In a Court of Law her professionalism would become open book - her full qualification, experience, and her analysis would be under scrutiny either questioned or challenged.

Remember Alan Pike ?  
He counseled or evaluated (subjective) the Mccanns for a good few years,and just ONE question from the Judge and his analysis proves waste of time.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.01.14 12:52

Rasputin wrote:I hadn't realised this is part one of a series , perhaps messrs Healy and McCann are to be featured in a further episode ?

Yes, I am very much looking forward to seeing further clips of Kate and Gerry McCann that prove they are 100% innocent.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 Empty Totally innocent.

Post by PeterMac 08.01.14 12:57

[img]The Lying Game: Crimes That Fooled Britain .... Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 -   ITV  at 9:00pm,  - Page 7 The_te10[/img]
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.01.14 13:00

Good GOD !

Model looks of 100% Innocent ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top