The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Regist10

Hacked Off Campaign.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hacked Off Campaign.

Post by Nina 03.12.12 22:27

Bob Southgate wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:It might be time to bring out two of my alter ego's, Seymour Titz and Hugh Janus just for the hacked off petitionHacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 110921

Duly signed in both names, which shows what a farce their petiton is.

Just worked out what those names actually say, very funny, and they went through. What a farce.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.02.13 6:20

The Press bite back. I bet there's a few truly hacked off people today.

Daily Mail headline

'It's called a free press for a reason, Mr Clegg: Fury as 'Liberal'
leader calls journalists 'self-appointed detectives' for exposing
scandal he and his party covered up'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285025/Lord-Rennard-Its-called-free-press-reason-Mr-Clegg-Fury-Liberal-leader-calls-journalists-self-appointed-detectives-exposing-scandal-party-covered-up.html#ixzz2M4sU5qt0

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 27.02.13 7:41

aquila wrote:The Press bite back. I bet there's a few truly hacked off people today.

Daily Mail headline

'It's called a free press for a reason, Mr Clegg: Fury as 'Liberal'
leader calls journalists 'self-appointed detectives' for exposing
scandal he and his party covered up'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285025/Lord-Rennard-Its-called-free-press-reason-Mr-Clegg-Fury-Liberal-leader-calls-journalists-self-appointed-detectives-exposing-scandal-party-covered-up.html#ixzz2M4sU5qt0

Investigative journalism is just what we're looking for.
splat Serves the ghastly Liberals right. What a disaster Clegg would be if he were in a position of power.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.02.13 8:07

@aquilla
I saw that headline on the press preview show last night and thought well it's about time the Press came out fighting. Free speech must stay in Britian. Not long ago some politiciains were condemning China for curbing free speech. I think the UK politicians should practice what they preach.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.02.13 8:21

plebgate wrote:@aquilla
I saw that headline on the press preview show last night and thought well it's about time the Press came out fighting. Free speech must stay in Britian. Not long ago some politiciains were condemning China for curbing free speech. I think the UK politicians should practice what they preach.

I dislike our government as much as I dislike the press. Both entities are pretending to be concerned about society when in truth they are only interested in themselves. The government and the press are writhing in the same snake pit imo. It's a circus and there's occasionally a change of Ringmaster and Clown.

How sad we haven't evolved in all these years. It's more and more about money. There isn't likely to be a shred of decency when these two packs of wolves make money on the back of each other. Never mind our society is disintegrating at a rate of knots, let's hear it for the edited highlights of ministerial speeches and press retort.

Somedays I really want to pull the duvet over my head.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.02.13 9:10

Here is my message to the McCanns. You left your kids alone, most parents don't do that. Had you not done that she'd still be here. You've had your plight supported in every single way by the British public, the government and the press. You have not to my knowledge sold a single possession to find your daughter. You are still able to fund a home, look after the other two children you left alone in an unlocked apartment and you stand on a public platform to call for press reform - the press you called the very moment your daughter went missing. Parents of other missing children have done far more both physically and financially to find their children.

Consider yourselves privileged. You are not the only ones suffering in our country.

Rant over.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 27.02.13 9:16

aquila wrote:
plebgate wrote:@aquilla

I dislike our government as much as I dislike the press. Both entities are pretending to be concerned about society when in truth they are only interested in themselves. The government and the press are writhing in the same snake pit imo. It's a circus and there's occasionally a change of Ringmaster and Clown.

How sad we haven't evolved in all these years. It's more and more about money. There isn't likely to be a shred of decency when these two packs of wolves make money on the back of each other. Never mind our society is disintegrating at a rate of knots, let's hear it for the edited highlights of ministerial speeches and press retort.

Somedays I really want to pull the duvet over my head.

Yes, but don't hide under the bedspread, you'll miss the show. Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 50899
There's some satisfaction in knowing that they are each as disloyal to the other, and that for even less than a shilling they'll filch on each other.
And whilst they are squabbling, ordinary people get on with their ordinary lives, their joys, their woes, leaving the politicians and press to cat-fight, tear each other's fur out and occasionally draw blood.
The joy is, if one can take a long-term enough view, that those 'riding high' like the McCs did (note the past tense) will be reduced to humiliation, just as quickly as their former meteoric rise to infamy.
Lord Rennard has attracted the humiliating light to his once magnificently be-robed figure. Not much honour, respect or credibility left there, when the rank gets exposed.
For all its ills, long live the free press.
The laws are in place to curtail its worst, and who else will expose the rank for their corrupt expectation that others may suffer abuse from them as if they were worthless nithings and who should expect no recourse other than to just pliantly accede.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.02.13 17:04

@Bobbin,

To my mind you always bring calm and rationality to this forum and I thank you for that Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 725573
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 27.02.13 17:13

aquila wrote:@Bobbin,

To my mind you always bring calm and rationality to this forum and I thank you for that Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 725573
Thank you aquila, I needed that today. Last night on the Dan car thread it was getting very late, past 01.30 for me and I made a quick and tired reply which was in error. I don't like to deal with anything other than verifiable or acceptably reasonable and I had to castigate myself today and spend one and a half hours trawling statements and rogatories to find my error and correct it. I have felt chastened so your rose is very welcome thank you. Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 410353720
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.02.13 17:59

Bobbin, hope you are not upset by my post. The reason I questioned was because I had never seen mention of this, and wanted to verify it. I hope you understand, as it does lead to things then being repeated as facts. We all make mistakes, and thank you for putting it rightHacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 725573
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 27.02.13 18:44

candyfloss wrote:Bobbin, hope you are not upset by my post. The reason I questioned was because I had never seen mention of this, and wanted to verify it. I hope you understand, as it does lead to things then being repeated as facts. We all make mistakes, and thank you for putting it rightHacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 725573
candyfloss, I absolutely agree about repeating an error, it soon becomes an accepted truth and then a fact, albeit still an error.
That's why I went trawling to make sure what the status quo was.
I had got the impression somehow, don't know where from, and we all know there is so much reading both on the busy threads and when we go back researching old work, statements etc. that info overload can be a real thing.
However, I did feel it essential to try to clear the matter up, and am now quite certain that ROB did NOT get into Dan's car. And bless Dan and his passenger(s), he was at least out looking in the dark and it wasn't even his child.
So, no candyfloss, I wasn't upset, but I was concerned. Thank you however for keeping such a tight ship here. You are just amazing and this forum is an exceptional and privileged place to be. Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 259100
I think when all is done and dusted it will become a study in its own right. When we have seen so many cover-ups in the police, politics, the judiciary, exposed by newspapers who still have the freedom of the press, people are forced to take control back and become the investigators themselves, to seek the justice, that those who should be delivering it are failing to do.
We all depend upon social cohesion to sleep easily in our beds at night and if the powers-that-be fail to provide it, then we have to provide it ourselves. This forum, and the many other groups working in unison, silently and tirelessly, are a remarkable phenomenon. Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 410353720thank you. Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 725573
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.05.13 18:22

http://order-order.com/2011/05/09/guidos-celebrity-advice/

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 82678

Guido's advice to celebs who don't want to be Hacked off.

Worth another showing I think?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Empty hacked off

Post by sheila.edwards 01.05.13 20:27

whats happening to uk ! id check all the signatures all the time and the funds !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 Empty A good start to the day!

Post by Guest 23.05.13 9:05

I received an e-mail today headed "A message from Kate and Gerry McCann" which for some reason grabbed my attention.....

It had been forwarded by my son who received it originally from the Hacked Off campaign. Sadly I have yet to learn how to copy and paste anything - if only computers came with instructions about basic procedures, but that's another subject.

Here's the gist of it.

"You probably remember the appalling treatment dished out to us by the press after our daughter disappeared. The press barons are now fighting to protect low standards and bad practices in their papers, and if they get their way other families in the future will probably have to endure what we went through. Please help us prevent that.

Let's block this press barons charter (link to petition here) and clear the way for the Royal Charter which will bring real change, the one that was approved by all parties in Parliament and by victims of press abuse such as ourselves. It's the one that is based on the Leveson Report.

Thank you for your continued support".

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 359723
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.05.13 16:01

Do you think this might have gone out because of what has been printed in papers this week?

Very interesting. Concentrate of finding Maddie, they had their say at Leveson, so why still harking on about it?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.05.13 16:09

In view of the Woodwich Hacking Horror of yesterday, I suggest the Hugh Grant sycophants change the name of their anti-democratic shenanigans to: Curb Crawlers of this World Unite (Ltd?), or something like that.

The image of "hacking off" will forever be that man with the two knives, holding forth about what he sees wrong in British society.

So: Gerry: time to show some decency and hack yourself off from Hacked Off!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.05.13 20:28

IMO it's pathetic. Coming from them ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 24.05.13 10:44

Agree.Also We had to put up with McCann propaganda from stories they told tabloids then changed and in the set interviews all the time for yrs.then asking for help and donations,selling us book to tell us truth ! its not our fault there story dosent add up in a lot of peoples minds and time wasted trying to figure it out is annoying.dont want them interfering with out free press thank you
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.06.13 22:33

I've just received another e-mail from the Hacked Off campaign ending with "if we raise enough money through this appeal we will be able to finally deliver a system which can eliminate the abuses - illegal or unethical - that have wrought such havoc in the lives of ordinary people like the Dowler family, the McCanns and Christopher Jefferies".

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 2 359723
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 07.06.13 22:49

Oh dear ! id say the McCann have been unethical to the tabloids and the public with the family fund which as far as I can see is not being used as they said but that is just in my opinion of course which we are still allowed uk as far as I know. Is it all over now this hacked off campaign please anyone!
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 07.06.13 23:07

little mr levison seemed big on the mccanns and the dowlers who police in end deleted there daughters messages apparently did he give hacked off permission I wounder for the electronic graffiti or have checks of all the signatures being from uk or valid ?
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.06.13 8:55

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342043/Leveson-barrister-affair-Hacked-Off-lawyer-significant-role-inquiry-judge-admits.html

Pah
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 15.06.13 18:56

Oh dear what a SHAME !!!! thank you for posting you couldent make it up:itwashim;:notmenotmenotmenotme
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.06.13 19:32

plebgate wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342043/Leveson-barrister-affair-Hacked-Off-lawyer-significant-role-inquiry-judge-admits.html

Pah
Thank you for finding and posting.

So, to put it bluntly, the Lord who was put in charge of a public inquiry LIED to the world about the conduct of his own enquiry.

So we can't really trust what he says.

If' I'd apppointed him to run the enquiry, or was a taxpayer who had helped to fund it, or indeed was a genuine victim of press intrustion, I think this revelation about Lord Leveson's lie would be making me feel...

...pretty...

...hacked off...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 15.06.13 19:47

yes indeed  my lord !
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top