The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 3 Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 3 Mm11

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 3 Regist10

Hacked Off Campaign.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hacked Off Campaign. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hacked Off Campaign.

Post by Guest 15.06.13 20:10

Few comments in the Mail re the article.......

She cost the taxpayer £218,000 for five months work that was a minor role. Now I am Hacked Off as well. We need a free press to expose these goings on. Now we know she wasn't even impartial makes a nonsense of the whole enquiry.

- Chris , Sidmouth, 15/6/2013 13:24

This relationship has clearly comprimised the enquiry - at the very least the appearance of it's so called independence. Were this to have been a criminal trial, a re-trial would undoubtably be necessary.

- and another thing... , In the sun, 15/6/2013 11:13

So LEVESON LIED!!!! when he said this women had no significant part in the report. So how can you put any faith in his report.

- Cromwell , cambridge, United Kingdom, 15/6/2013 10:46

Tear it up and start again. This was a corrupted enquiry.

- Simon Knowles , Thatcham, 15/6/2013 10:16

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342043/Leveson-barrister-affair-Hacked-Off-lawyer-significant-role-inquiry-judge-admits.html#ixzz2WJUv35mm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 20:22

Leveson should have paid more attention. Mr. Jay too.
I've had a situation, where my Belgian Project Manager had started a sexual relation with my French Personal Assistant.
I've been lenient to both, yet explaining that their relation was a threat to the team AND that the possible end of their relation could be even more disastrous for the functioning of same team ... Looking backing in time, I recognize that I should have fired one of them [as they did in "old" times: when two employees got involved, one of them had to go].
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 16.06.13 17:38

think there was lot of untruths told. eg mccanns "there were no body fluids in car" dna markers 15/19 ! from drs @ mr levesons who they found very supportive and of course they have nothing against free speech and freedom of press at all
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 17.06.13 7:22

Leveson and Jay gave the witnesses an easy ride. 

It has been reported that Leveson did not release the 150 emails which passed between Cameron and Brooks.   Public enquiry, why weren't the emails made public?

I believe  it was a Whitewash farce from start to finish and the resulting campaign from Hacked Off is a disgrace imo.  Given a bit of power at the enquiry then thought they could demand our freedom of speech be curtailed.

As I said before, these celebs who feign hurt and injustice once their sordid carrying ons are made public, have money enough to get on a plane and go to any country where free speech is allowed, then come back here when they want positive press reports.   The British general public have no such means, yet they want us to keep paying to watch their (imo) tripe acting skills and then have the nerve to try to shut us all up if they are criticised for the way in which they behave in their private lives.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE CHEEK.

Taking the Mick BIG TIME and the MPs allowed it.   WHY, WHY, WHY?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 17.06.13 14:39

plebgate wrote:Leveson and Jay gave the witnesses an easy ride. 

It has been reported that Leveson did not release the 150 emails which passed between Cameron and Brooks.   Public enquiry, why weren't the emails made public?

I believe  it was a Whitewash farce from start to finish and the resulting campaign from Hacked Off is a disgrace imo.  Given a bit of power at the enquiry then thought they could demand our freedom of speech be curtailed.

As I said before, these celebs who feign hurt and injustice once their sordid carrying ons are made public, have money enough to get on a plane and go to any country where free speech is allowed, then come back here when they want positive press reports.   The British general public have no such means, yet they want us to keep paying to watch their (imo) tripe acting skills and then have the nerve to try to shut us all up if they are criticised for the way in which they behave in their private lives.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE CHEEK.

Taking the Mick BIG TIME and the MPs allowed it.   WHY, WHY, WHY?

Good post plebgate, but you forgot to add "the public still being expected to contribute to a Ltd Co 'Fund' which now has a choice of donate buttons".

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.06.13 23:25

The self-appointed reformers of the press appear to have fallen out with the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/19/guardian-press-regulation-hacked-off?CMP=twt_gu

According to the article, the letter was signed by "10 victims of press intrusion, including the Bristol landlord Christopher Jefferies, who won a libel payout after he was wrongly associated with a murder; Mike Hollingsworth, the ex-husband of TV presenter Anne Diamond; Sky Andrew, the football agent; and Jacqui Hames, a former police officer who presented Crimewatch." As you can see, the infamous duo's names are not mentioned but they still could have been on the list. Hacked Off then tweeted that more victims had added their names to the letter bringing the total to 17: http://hackinginquiry.org/news/dont-compromise-over-press-regulation/

To my surprise, the duo's names are still missing from the list. Interesting? Perhaps!

ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 21.06.13 6:53

Just something that is niggling me - but when you accept compensation the normal requirement is that the injured party have to sign something to say they will not peruse it further (full and final settlement sort of thing). But maybe in these libel things it's different ?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 21.06.13 20:18

yes you would think there would be some sort of compromise agreements signed before cheques were all cashed in !
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.06.13 22:47

snipped from Newintown's post

Good post plebgate, but you forgot to add "the public still being expected to contribute to a Ltd Co 'Fund' which now has a choice of donate buttons"."

Yes Newintown, just read on a different thread that there is £100 donate button.   £100 donate button, can't believe they would expect someone to donate that much money into a fund which after six years has achieved NOTHING in the private search for little Maddie.

£100 donate button indeed.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.06.13 7:52

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346276/80-hacking-lawyers-major-firms--Leveson-inquiry-knew-it.html

This is far from over, the papers will make sure of that.

Edited to add another link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346228/The-Hacked-Off-professor-year-campaign-free-Press-question-Are-YOU-paying-wages.html

oh errr, maybe not such a good idea to upset the press.    big grin
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 22.06.13 16:52

plebgate wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346276/80-hacking-lawyers-major-firms--Leveson-inquiry-knew-it.html

This is far from over, the papers will make sure of that.

Edited to add another link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346228/The-Hacked-Off-professor-year-campaign-free-Press-question-Are-YOU-paying-wages.html

oh errr, maybe not such a good idea to upset the press.    big grin

One of the comments from the DM article -

Taking the subsequent revelations into account, this report should not be acted upon as it is fatally flawed. Everybody involved appear to have been economical with the truth, or ignored information that did not fit the agenda.
- micki, Granada, 22/6/2013 6:00

If the McCanns are arrested and put on trial for their involvement in the “disappearance” of Madeleine and for running a fraudulent “Fund”, I wonder how that will affect the the validity of the Leveson report and the Hacked Off campaign. Will they both end up in the dustbin?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 22.06.13 17:13

leveson looks like already in poor quality dustbin the more you hear. all that time and  money spent,id ask for refund, if paid out thoes kind of wages out.!
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 22.06.13 17:25

sheila.edwards wrote:leveson looks like already in poor quality dustbin the more you hear. all that time and  money spent,id ask for refund, if paid out thoes kind of wages out.!

Yes, very true.  Things seem to be going from bad to worse for all those involved in the Leveson enquiry and the HO campaign, not good at all.  big grin

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.07.13 15:26

The couple are at it again:

"Harry Potter author JK Rowling, Kate and Gerry McCann and other "victims" of press abuse have called on the government to implement the cross-party Leveson deal on the future of press regulation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/03/jk-rowling-press-reform-hacked-off?CMP=twt_fd

I hear the names of the Dowlers are missing from the list of signatories.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 03.07.13 15:29

[quote="ShuBob"]The couple are at it again:

"Harry Potter author JK Rowling, Kate and Gerry McCann and other "victims" of press abuse have called on the government to implement the cross-party Leveson deal on the future of press regulation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/03/jk-rowling-press-reform-hacked-off?CMP=twt_fd

I hear the names of the Dowlers are missing from the list of signatories.[/quote]

Perhaps they've wised up to the fact they're being used by unscrupulous people who have another agenda.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 03.07.13 15:57

No Hugh Grant, Steve Coogan or Charlotte Church either.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.07.13 16:05

Yep.

Hacked Off letter to culture secretary on press regulation – full text

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/03/hacked-off-letter-press-regulation-full-text
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.07.13 16:08

Leveson has told the select committee that he can appear before it later this month.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.07.13 16:14

russiandoll wrote:Leveson has told the select committee that he can appear before it later this month.

On the 24th, apparently.

The spectacle should be interesting.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 03.07.13 16:36

agreed  Conservative oliver letivin said in daily mail "he found obsessive  manner of activists difficult to deal with in HO" and stated thought some of them mad !
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 03.07.13 16:39

ShuBob wrote:Yep.

Hacked Off letter to culture secretary on press regulation – full text

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/03/hacked-off-letter-press-regulation-full-text

I didn’t read the link so wasn’t aware that others had not signed the letter, although the Dowlers are mentioned in the context, so why didn’t they sign.  I see some dodgy people have signed the letter; Alex Best and Sheryl Gascoigne, both non-entities until they married rich, well known men  –

Alex Best - is this what she’s calling press intrusion (I’m lost for words) –

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alex+best&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DUHUUZ2IBcPT0QWZu4GoBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1253&bih=436

Sheryl Gascoigne - who doesn't like press intrusion either -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Sheryl+gascoigne&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4SNYS_enGB343GB344&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LkrUUe3aCcPO0QXzi4Ao&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1253&bih=436

How dare the likes of the McCanns and others put the following sentence into the letter (i.e. speaking for the rest of society – they make me bl**dy sick to my stomach) –

"It would be appalling if such people, in defiance of the will of the rest of society, were allowed to delay the implementation of a government policy that has been formally approved by parliament"

and

"If this system is implemented, the country should have confidence that the terrible suffering of innocent victims, such as the Dowlers, the McCanns and Christopher Jeffries, should never be repeated. My message to the press is now very clear: we have had the debate, now it is time to get on and make this system work."

"We also note with sympathy that in recent weeks you have been the target of a campaign of personal abuse and intimidation in the newspapers most opposed to change. We hope that you will have the courage to resist such pressures. (Talk about sucking up to those who can help you get out of the mire, you've created for yourself, although Leveson seems to have made a right pig's ear of the whole thing anyway")

WHO THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE???   (That doesn't include Chris Jefferies by the way)

A message to the McCanns – why haven’t the Dowlers signed the letter, we’re all waiting for an answer.

P.S. Do the likes of Alex Best and Sheryl Gascoigne come under the heading of "innocent victims", when they've appeared in the press numerous times almost naked.  I would say a big "NO". How dare their names even be put in context with the likes of Chris Jefferies.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 03.07.13 16:42

If the rest of society want what they do, where is the Petition they were bandying about?  Have the rest of society signed it?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 03.07.13 16:49

Cristobell wrote:If the rest of society want what they do, where is the Petition they were bandying about?  Have the rest of society signed it?

Yes, a good point. There was a petition of sorts but it was open to abuse (not a surprise) and was signed by fictious people and multiple postings, as I can recall. I wonder what happened to it.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.07.13 17:02

Newintown, like you I'd like to know who Hacked Off think they are. They always come across combative and appear to have an air of superiority. Their cheerleaders on Tweeter spend their time slagging off the Mail, NI, and anyone who calls for a free press. When you challenge them, instead of addressing your point, they ridicule you instead. When their paid press man Dr Evan Harris recently retweeted a tweet along the lines of "Scoucers never buy the Sun", I replied to him saying they don't buy it but they sell their sex lives to it just like Kate McCann did. BLOCKED! He blocked me without replying to my tweet. He knew I had him bang to rights because I simply posted the truth!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.07.13 17:04

sheila.edwards wrote:agreed  Conservative oliver letivin said in daily mail "he found obsessive  manner of activists difficult to deal with in HO" and stated thought some of them mad !

Just some?

The lot of their vocal supporters come across as unhinged at the best of times.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top