The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Regist10

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCanns Credit Cards

Post by Guest 03.11.13 14:58

Comperedna5: if I'm looking at the right post, Portia was quoting the long departed unawinchester who made one post before returning to her cave. They weren't her own comments.

I certainly agree that anything without paragraphs is a nightmare to read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCanns Credit Cards - Page 5 Empty dragging this up again

Post by PeterMac 07.12.14 10:45

Nice one from FB

"I am sure I read that the wallet was returned, i.e posted to his previous address by the thief and then forwarded to his current address,
where it was picked up en route to Portugal by friends from Holland, who then caught another plane to Portugal.
Didn't the wallet contain everything, apart from the sterling, including the driving licence and 30 euros in cash?
Was it not on this flight to Gatwick that GM says he assisted a man having a heart attack on the plane?
Then he must have caught the train from Gatwick to Victoria (it doesn't go to Waterloo)...then caught the tube, with one change at Westminster, to Waterloo.
This tale is hard to get the head around ! "
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.12.14 14:02

"I am sure I read that the wallet was returned, i.e posted to his previous address by the thief and then forwarded to his current address,
where it was picked up en route to Portugal by friends from Holland, who then caught another plane to Portugal.

Nothing in the above info adds up.

It's very odd that he'd document in his wallet showing his old address when he'd been in Rothley for a good few years by 2007.
It's very rare that a thief would be arsed to return wallet by post.
It's also very odd that the new occupier in his old address would have GM new address in order to forward it.
Also, nobody has heard about his Dutch friends being in Rothley at the time, that by pure luck of coincidence they were able to pick it up and taken it to Portugal for GM.

This tall tale about his stolen wallet and him messing-about on the London Tube at rush hour is very far fetched.

Must have been a very stupid thief who lifted the £ (and photos) and not lift the euros, if report is to be believed.

It is one of the most ambiguous pieces of crap reporting I've ever come across.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.12.14 14:04

They are beyond help.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 08.12.14 21:54

sami wrote:
tigger wrote:A strange request and even stranger answer:

A request sent by PJ to British authorities, asking for details about Gerry McCann credit cards transactions for a period of six months, starting on April 1, six weeks before Madeleine's disappearance, was considered disproportionate by Frances Kennah, the Head of UK Central Authority, a Home Office department.
Unquote (from page 2 here)

So from the 1st of April back. It's really a strange request, nothing after 1/4/07. So did Amaral already know something else? After all, they did search the Burgau apartment I believe, there was a Peugeot connected with Murat and the mtDNA of Murat and JT's maternal lines. There's a lot more going on under the surface. Certainly the trip for Easter to Portugal would have shown up.
Tigger, I read that as meaning they want statements from April 07 to sept 07 inclusive ?  So 1st April onwards ?  Perhaps I have finally cracked up huh
The  request was for info on 2 mastercards for the six months period 1/04/07 - 30/09/07 as can be seen at the following link
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/CR2/cr2_123.jpg
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.12.14 22:58

A request sent by PJ to British authorities, asking for details about Gerry McCann credit cards transactions for a period of six months, starting on April 1, six weeks before Madeleine's disappearance, was considered disproportionate by Frances Kennah, the Head of UK Central Authority, a Home Office department.
Unquote (from page 2 here)

Reading that I dont get the sense it was a downright refusal per se to supply, just that the  6-months period inclusive was regarded as "disproportionate", as in too lengthy and therefore not a reasonable period to request for.

I dont understand why the PJ did not write back and ask her to supply those that she deems not "disproportionate".  In other words, leave it to her discretion to supply whatever she can, covering whatever period she regards as proportionate.  

Is it just me, or do people interpret it differently?
If she can not meet the request due to possible breach of law on infringement of confidentiality why not just say so? Or, why not say it is "inappropriate" for home office to oblige the request. Why use the word "disproportionate"?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 10.12.14 1:43

aiyoyo

"I dont understand why the PJ did not write back and ask her to supply those that she deems not "disproportionate".  In other words, leave it to her discretion to supply whatever she can, covering whatever period she regards as proportionate.  

Is it just me, or do people interpret it differently?
If she can not meet the request due to possible breach of law on infringement of confidentiality why not just say so? Or, why not say it is "inappropriate" for home office to oblige the request. Why use the word "disproportionate"?"

IMO Politicians and the like always like to state reasons for refusal in a way that shows they "care and/or consider the rights of the individual" when refusing something requested that they don't want to give/allow. It means if you protest you are the one who shows inconsideration and your character is tarnished as opposed to the "caring" Politician/Goverment official etc.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.12.14 8:10

Angelique wrote:
IMO Politicians and the like always like to state reasons for refusal in a way that shows they "care and/or consider the rights of the individual" when refusing something requested that they don't want to give/allow. It means if you protest you are the one who shows inconsideration and your character is tarnished as opposed to the "caring" Politician/Goverment official etc.
Yes, you are right - there is that, a superficial front to keep, pretending they care.

But this is a behind closed door request, one that they can oblige and the public would not be any wiser, therefore they can't face criticism for something not out in the open.
The issue of appearing to look nice and caring ie being "good guys" in the public eyes should not have been a factor because at that time they weren't to know the files were going to be released. 

That's why their refusal to comply with such a simple request is such an enigma to me.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 17.12.14 0:14

PeterMac wrote:Nice one from FB

Didn't the wallet contain everything, apart from the sterling, including the driving licence and 30 euros in cash?
Was it not on this flight to Gatwick that GM says he assisted a man having a heart attack on the plane?
Then he must have caught the train from Gatwick to Victoria (it doesn't go to Waterloo)...then caught the tube, with one change at Westminster, to Waterloo.
This tale is hard to get the head around ! "

To get to Waterloo from Gatwick is merely a matter of changing trains at Clapham Junction but, as Gerry's intended destination was allegedly the Foreign Office in King Charles Street, it would have been far simpler and quicker for him to have stayed on the train until it reached Victoria and taken a cab or bus to Whitehall rather than engage in such a convuluted journey.

Fwiw Waterloo Station would, of course, be the likely onward destination of choice for anyone arriving at Gatwick mid-morning who was due to appear at the High Court later that day in respect of, say, an application to ward their eldest daughter.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanm 19.09.15 17:27

I thought I 'd share this link here as it raises some interesting thoughts regarding Gerry's trip home on 19th June in relation to the stolen wallet in relation to timing. 

It makes sense that a wallet dropped into a postbox will make it's way back to the owner's residence and perhaps even then the wallet made it's way to Rothley and not Queenieborough but to have the wallet returned to him in PDL a mere 10 days later seems almost too efficient to be believable. 

The other aspect that I never thought about in the past is how time consuming a missing wallet can be, reporting to police, cancelling the cards (which can only be done by the card holder), having to go to the bank to get cash etc. Was the stolen wallet story a cover used to explain a delay or absence that couldn't be explained in another way? 

http://fytton.blogspot.ie/2015/09/gerrys-trip-to-uk-19-20th-june-2007.html
ryanm
ryanm

Activity : 21

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top