The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Regist10

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by ShuBob 20.07.12 18:37

One wonders what Kate McCann thinks of the use of lie-detector tests on paedophiles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176275/Lie-detector-tests-given-high-risk-sex-offenders-prison-bid-prevent-future-attacks.html
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by jd 20.07.12 18:54

ShuBob wrote:One wonders what Kate McCanns thinks of the use of lie-detector tests on paedohiles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176275/Lie-detector-tests-given-high-risk-sex-offenders-prison-bid-prevent-future-attacks.html

Good question. She would have real problems answering this
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.07.12 19:58

jd wrote:
ShuBob wrote:One wonders what Kate McCanns thinks of the use of lie-detector tests on paedohiles.

What would happen if the paedophiles would do the same thing the McCanns did? They said they'd take the test and then some time later the pink one told the press that this wasn't necessary since they were innocent...

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.07.12 20:04

tigger wrote:
jd wrote:

What would happen if the paedophiles would do the same thing the McCanns did? They said they'd take the test and then some time later the pink one told the press that this wasn't necessary since they were innocent...

The problem with the lie detector test is Mc's and the pink one would not have had control over the questions. The PJ have ownership of the case and would be free to ask anything pertaining to it. Including the 48 unanswered questions. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.07.12 20:10

It was the McCanns themselves who first brought up the issue of lie-detecor tests. Perhaps, they weren't expecting anyone to call their bluff.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.07.12 20:19

ShuBob wrote:It was the McCanns themselves who first brought up the issue of lie-detecor tests. Perhaps, they weren't expecting anyone to call their bluff.

Are polygraphs admissable in a Portuguese court or investigation?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.07.12 20:21

aquila wrote:
ShuBob wrote:It was the McCanns themselves who first brought up the issue of lie-detecor tests. Perhaps, they weren't expecting anyone to call their bluff.

Are polygraphs admissable in a Portuguese court or investigation?

No and they must have known this but still said they would take one until their bluff was called.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 Empty Oh, where is the ambassador when she is needed?

Post by winjoy 04.08.12 23:35

......not a sign of the saintly ambassador when this young girl goes missing....but I hope she will be found nonetheless.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/337565/Fears-grow-over-missing-girl-12

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.08.12 7:35

The ambassador role has been a long time in the making. From the timeline of February :

Sunday 17 February 2008
KATE QUITS AS GP TO WORK FOR KIDS' CHARITIES EXCLUSIVE The People
Mum combines 'ambassador' role with search for missing Maddie

Meanwhile, it is understood Kate McCann is quitting her job as a locum GP to devote her life to children's charities. Mrs McCann has not returned to work since Madeleine's disappearance in May and has reportedly told friends she feels she has a lot to offer charity organisations.
The couple want to campaign for a Europe-wide alert system for missing children, like the amber alert system in place in the U.S. The McCanns attended a lunch for Missing Children Europe last week and they have both met with officials from the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children and the Centre for Child Exploitation and Online Protection.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been threatened with legal action by the father of missing five-year-old girl after they included her in a poster campaign appealing for information about Madeleine's disappearance.

unquote.

We are talking 4.5 years ago here and it's taken all this time to get a foot on the bottom rung.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.03.13 9:38

http://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann-Marathon

Now don't all fall over yourselves in your haste to sponsor Kate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.03.13 9:41

Jean wrote:http://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann-Marathon

i see she is highjacking another event,you can RUN kate but YOU cant HIDE, and no amount of trying to look innocent will make you so.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 12.03.13 9:59

Jean wrote:http://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann-Marathon

I wonder if she had to enter the ballot for entry like "ordinary" people, or if she was given preferential treatment. Apparently, over 100,000 people applied for places, with in excess of 70,000 missing out.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/04/30/london-marathon-2013-thousands-of-hopefuls-enter-ballot-for-big-race-408534/

And, no, I fear I shan't be reaching for some cash to sponsor her. I save my money for actual charities that try to help many people and animals.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.03.13 10:01

I believe Kate is running for Missing People which is a charity. She's an ambassador for this charity.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 12.03.13 10:04

aquila wrote:I believe Kate is running for Missing People which is a charity. She's an ambassador for this charity.

Sorry,aquila, I've become so used to the begging bowl being held out for the "fund" that I automatically thought of that in connection with her. Which, actually, I suppose, many people do. Not good for the Missing People charity, if that's the case.
mydadsanastronaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.03.13 10:05

Yes that's correct. She is representing the Missing People charity - it's their 20th anniversary this year - not her own pseudo organisation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 12.03.13 10:08

Jean wrote:Yes that's correct. She is representing the Missing People charity - it's their 20th anniversary this year - not her own pseudo organisation.

Again, apologies, Jean. Her name, in my mind, is always inextricably linked to the "fund" and all its shenanigans.

But, I still wonder whether she had to apply in the ballot, or if the charity were invited to put forward a high profile representative.
mydadsanastronaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.03.13 10:13

Jean wrote:Yes that's correct. She is representing the Missing People charity - it's their 20th anniversary this year - not her own pseudo organisation.

It's a very telling thing that KM is not running for the Fund imo. It could be that she is 'contractually' obliged to do certain events for Missing People. It could also be that she simply wants to do it of her own free will. Either way it doesn't sit well with the sole focus on finding Madeleine the McCanns have relentlessly spouted.

Now the little cynic in me tells me there hasn't been a public announcement/update on the Find Madeleine website since Christmas so this will be a good news story opportunity.

Oh, and why is Kate pictured in a running vest with Madeleine's picture of when she was 3 years old.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 12.03.13 10:22

You do not need to go in the ballot for marathon places if you are running for charity. You normally have to agree to fundraise a set amount. Each charity has a different limit.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.03.13 10:39

Have you read some of the posts with the donations? What do these people see that I am missing. All I know is there eldest child is missing, at best as a result of gross neglect and at worse something far worse. And people still fawn over her :please:

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.03.13 10:44

She was fit enough to go uphill jogging the day after Maddie was whooshed, so this should be a complete doddle. Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 94409
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.03.13 10:49

Nina wrote:Have you read some of the posts with the donations? What do these people see that I am missing. All I know is there eldest child is missing, at best as a result of gross neglect and at worse something far worse. And people still fawn over her Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 11 3087562708

Nina, it's unfortunately a sign of the times now. Kate complained that people would have more sympathy with her if she were fatter and had bigger boobs but being a yummy mummy running for charidee, writing a book (essentially about yourself), taking time to care for others when you are only concerned with searching for your abducted daughter has great appeal. You only have to watch one episode of Loose Women (a daytime tv programme) to understand how plastic our society is and how easy it is to become an icon.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 12.03.13 11:31

People would have had a lot more sympathy for Kate, not if she had bigger boobs, but if she and Gerry had had the grace to say that they were bl**dy fools for neglecting their children, and that "me time" with friends is insignificant when your children are at risk.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.03.13 12:36

Miraflores wrote:People would have had a lot more sympathy for Kate, not if she had bigger boobs, but if she and Gerry had had the grace to say that they were bl**dy fools for neglecting their children, and that "me time" with friends is insignificant when your children are at risk.

There will be no such openly honest admissions from this vile pair as their narcissism is at the very heart of this tragedy, and sadly 3 year old Maddie has paid the ultimate price.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.03.13 12:55

she's has put her foot in mouth.

This year (old, crumbly body allowing) I will be running the London marathon in aid of Missing People as the charity celebrates its 20 anniversary. If I’m honest, I would happily have gone through my life without ever contemplating running a marathon, or even a half-marathon for that matter!
However, knowing what it’s like to be living with a child missing and believing very strongly in what the workers at the charity do in helping other families like mine, I realised it was a challenge that I had to take.

The bolded bits is in total contradiction to her well-known hobby. Everyone knows she loves jogging and running and was seen keeping up this obssession throughout her holiday in PDL even after Maddie went missing.

Can't understand why a Charity would want a selfish person representing their cause? In Kate's word "however..." meaning if not because she knows how it feels like to be living with a child missing.......she would not be doing this. In other words, she did not do it for the Charity but for a selfish personal reason.

Wont surprise me if some gullible come online to support her and say what an inspirational woman she is...and you can bet this is from her own camp.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.03.13 14:40

And yet again that give away "IF I'm honest" which leads one immediately to conclude that most of the time she isn't.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top