The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On it goes... - Page 3 Mm11

On it goes... - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On it goes... - Page 3 Mm11

On it goes... - Page 3 Regist10

On it goes...

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On it goes... - Page 3 Empty 'Notoriously unreliable'

Post by Tony Bennett 25.02.10 16:09

marigold wrote:Even if they were kept in the apartment for umpteen hours if there wasn't a trace of a cadaver then Eddie wouldn't alert. As I recall. it was observed that Eddie became very excited and agitated as soon as soon as he went into 5A. The fact is these dogs are damn good and someone died in 5A. Nobody except Madeleine is on record as being missing. It's therefore not difficult to surmise it WAS Madeleine. Proving it is another matter. Hence why we are here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/25/hero-bomb-sniffer-dog-collects-his-animal-vc-115875-22068212/

Commenting on the dog's award today, Dr Gerald McCann said:

"Frankly, the award of this medal to the dog is ludicrous. These dogs are notoriously unreliable".
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

On it goes... - Page 3 Empty Re: On it goes...

Post by hedge 25.02.10 16:22

When it comes to life or death we like things to be as close to 100% as possible otherwise it can all feel terribly unreliable.

You have to ask yourself if your child went missing from your home, no trace of her found and you know she was the light of your life but a cadaver dog reacted there would you simply shrug your shoulders and say fair enough, we'll organise the memorial immediately or would you educate yourself and find out what this could mean for the life of your child?

Put simply, would a dog barking be enough evidence for you to accept your child is dead and walk away?
hedge

Activity : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy 25.02.10 16:25

vaguely1 wrote:
marigold wrote:

Even if they were kept in the apartment for umpteen hours if there wasn't a trace of a cadaver then Eddie wouldn't alert. As I recall. it was observed that Eddie became very excited and agitated as soon as soon as he went into 5A. The fact is these dogs are damn good and someone died in 5A. Nobody except Madeleine is on record as being missing. It's therefore not difficult to surmise it WAS Madeleine. Proving it is another matter. Hence why we are here.

Marigold, even if you choose to ignore the fact that the dogs evidence needs to be backed up forensically, it's a huge leap of faith to say it's a fact someone died in the apartment.

Especially when previous occupants included people legitimiately in contact with dead bodies in the course of their job. That would have been a major plank of any defence, which is why the actual forensic confirmation was so important.

And they didn't get it.
Snowy

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 25.02.10 16:31

hedge wrote:When it comes to life or death we like things to be as close to 100% as possible otherwise it can all feel terribly unreliable.

You have to ask yourself if your child went missing from your home, no trace of her found and you know she was the light of your life but a cadaver dog reacted there would you simply shrug your shoulders and say fair enough, we'll organise the memorial immediately or would you educate yourself and find out what this could mean for the life of your child?

Put simply, would a dog barking be enough evidence for you to accept your child is dead and walk away?

I know what I WOULDN'T do. I wouldn't immediately and arrogantly declare that the dogs are wrong and unreliable. I would be devastated, inconsolable and distraught, particularly when I discovered how accurate these dogs are. The reaction of Mccann after the dogs were brought in were more a signal of guilt than all their lies put together IMO. Quite shocking.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 25.02.10 16:35

Snowy wrote:
vaguely1 wrote:
marigold wrote:

Even if they were kept in the apartment for umpteen hours if there wasn't a trace of a cadaver then Eddie wouldn't alert. As I recall. it was observed that Eddie became very excited and agitated as soon as soon as he went into 5A. The fact is these dogs are damn good and someone died in 5A. Nobody except Madeleine is on record as being missing. It's therefore not difficult to surmise it WAS Madeleine. Proving it is another matter. Hence why we are here.

Marigold, even if you choose to ignore the fact that the dogs evidence needs to be backed up forensically, it's a huge leap of faith to say it's a fact someone died in the apartment.

Especially when previous occupants included people legitimiately in contact with dead bodies in the course of their job. That would have been a major plank of any defence, which is why the actual forensic confirmation was so important.

And they didn't get it.

Oh yes 6 dead bodies wasn't it and she went to work cuddling cuddlecat and wearing her holiday gear. Come off it! Then why didn't the other doctors have traces of cadaver on their clothes as a result of their work?
Forensics ARE important, which is why the cadaver that Eddie alerted to overwhelmingly points to Madeleine but AT THE MOMENT this cannot be proved.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 16:45

I have a monster that lives in my ceiling, my cat stares at it, but at the moment it cannot be proved, damn science lagging behind what I know in my heart.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 25.02.10 17:11

I would think the 6 dead bodies claim (if accurate) would have been easily disproved/proved by the police checking Kates case load.I have seen nothing to ascertain one way or the other if this happened or not therefore I take it with a grain of salt.
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 17:16

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/25/hero-bomb-sniffer-dog-collects-his-animal-vc-115875-22068212/

"Frankly, the award of this medal to the dog is ludicrous. These dogs are notoriously unreliable".

Tony Bennett

View user profile Send private message

Back to top Go down

???
:scratch:

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 17:21

vaguely1 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/25/hero-bomb-sniffer-dog-collects-his-animal-vc-115875-22068212/

Tony Bennett

View user profile Send private message

Back to top Go down

???
:scratch:

Another piece of Mr Bennetts artistic license with regard to the facts?
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 17:23

it's made up?

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 17:27

vaguely1 wrote:it's made up?

Sounds like one of Mr Bennetts infamous Q&As with himself, you know when he pretends to be the object of his dislike and posts what he thinks they would say in various situations, it's a sort of fan fiction thing, all the kids are doing it online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_fiction
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 25.02.10 17:28

made up but yet another wonderful example of how pros studiously ignore the results these highly trained dogs get, to suit their purposes.
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 17:29

Ruby wrote:made up but yet another wonderful example of how pros studiously ignore the results these highly trained dogs get, to suit their purposes.

Did you know he had made it up?
What do you think his purpose was in making up a quote?
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 17:39

How is it "another wonderful example of how pros studiously ignore the results these highly trained dogs get, to suit their purposes." When it's a made up quote?

It seems to be more an example of how people make up things to slate the McCanns.

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 25.02.10 17:51

and then taken as fact and used forever more. Only to be disproven as forum myth.
bunny

Activity : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 17:57

bunny wrote:and then taken as fact and used forever more. Only to be disproven as forum myth.

Which gets thrown in any pros face as proof that they will allegedly try and excuse anything and everything.

This thread title is apt .. on it goes... indeed. wail
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 25.02.10 18:04

Not one will stand up and be counted and show that they actually value the truth above the hate they have for the McCanns.

Vicious circle
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 25.02.10 18:08

Gosh Mr Bennet are you sure you aren't working for the other side? wow
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 18:13

sometimes I wonder

(has your leopard had a make-over?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 25.02.10 18:19

Yes he's wearing some new contact lenses.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 18:21

He look 10 years younger! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 25.02.10 18:22

I'll tell him. He'll be chuffed big grin
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 25.02.10 18:41

Hi
I don't think the dogs should be dismissed totally. Obviously something got them excited but without any extra proper proof it is a big step to decide somebody is guilty of murder.

The mum in me does question why they dismissed the dogs out of hand. Whilst we might not all dash off to make memorial arrangements, wouldn't you realise that you may have to consider that something did happen to her there?

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 25.02.10 18:43

They may have....who knows. I'm sure though it's a thought they put to the back of their minds.
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 25.02.10 18:50

Kololi wrote:Hi
I don't think the dogs should be dismissed totally. Obviously something got them excited but without any extra proper proof it is a big step to decide somebody is guilty of murder.

The mum in me does question why they dismissed the dogs out of hand. Whilst we might not all dash off to make memorial arrangements, wouldn't you realise that you may have to consider that something did happen to her there?

Take care

Of course, I'm sure we'd all be sick with anxiety waiting to hear if there was any evidence that our daughter had been murdered.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum