The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On it goes... - Page 2 Mm11

On it goes... - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On it goes... - Page 2 Mm11

On it goes... - Page 2 Regist10

On it goes...

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On it goes... - Page 2 Empty Re: On it goes...

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 20:47

Tony, I'm a bit puzzled. I'm not aware of any print procedure you mentioned. I've heard of a dummy proof, which demonstrates the binding of the book around blank pages.

and as I have pointed out to you before 16 doesn't divide equally into 180pp.

Can you tell us again how many pages you are perfect binding?

and the quantities and the weight of papers - covers and pages.?

Thanks
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 19.02.10 20:57

Why don't you make it available to download? it would be available to more people meaning you get the word out to more.

I have never understood your reasoning for having them printed.....it's old hat.
bunny

Activity : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 19.02.10 21:01

I think Tony is aware of our senior friends, and people without internet access etc. Plus you can't wrap a download up for Christmas and birthday presents.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 19.02.10 21:02

Pascal wrote:Tony, I'm a bit puzzled. I'm not aware of any print procedure you mentioned. I've heard of a dummy proof, which demonstrates the binding of the book around blank pages.

and the quantities and the weight of papers - covers and pages.?

Thanks

Pascal, what does this mean? ty.x

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 19.02.10 21:06

vaguely1 wrote:I think Tony is aware of our senior friends, and people without internet access etc. Plus you can't wrap a download up for Christmas and birthday presents.

Well then you could do both, The vast majority of sales are from people on the forums anyway!
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 21:16

@Vaguely. A book is printed in sections; either 16's sometimes 32s. An odd '4' can be done but often at some considerable waste and cost.

I'm sure Tony said it was 180 pages. if so that would mean 11.4 sections. Normally you would edit back to 11 or pad out to 12 - the former being more economical. I'm not saying it can't be done - but it is unusual.

Perfect binding is counted as four separate pages and usually on a heavier weight stock.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

On it goes... - Page 2 Empty More questions about pages and gsms

Post by Tony Bennett 19.02.10 21:21

Pascal wrote:Tony, I'm a bit puzzled. I'm not aware of any print procedure you mentioned. I've heard of a dummy proof, which demonstrates the binding of the book around blank pages.

and the quantities and the weight of papers - covers and pages?

Thanks
Forgive me, I am a little nervous about answering more questions about the book, having (all of us) put a lot of our time and also our own money (because of the account being frozen by Debbie Butler) into the project; we just want to see the booklet out and fulfiil all the pre-orders and then I'll answer all these fascinating questions about whether 180 divides by 16, how many gsm each page is and so on.

I can tell you Pascal again that the booklet consists of 108 pages plus the covers = 112 sides of A5 altogether.

I can tell you also that the finished weight of the entire book is 5 ounces and 10 drams, that should enable you to calculate the weight of the page in gsms.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

On it goes... - Page 2 Empty Not old hat

Post by Tony Bennett 19.02.10 21:30

bunny wrote:Why don't you make it available to download? it would be available to more people meaning you get the word out to more.

I have never understood your reasoning for having them printed...it's old hat.
1. We have no objection to making the booklet available for free download although I am not sure we have the tecchie skills between us to do that.

We know that countless people printed off the '30 Key Reasons' article from our former website; however, it was not in 'free download' format. We will happily receive advice and help on how to set up free downloads for this book and indeed all the other articles on our website.

I must take issue with you on books being 'old hat', though, and more to the point it wasn't 'old hat' for the thousands who bought '60 Reasons'. Just before the intervention of Carter-Ruck stopped the sales of '60 Reasons', one gentleman wrote and said: "I greatly prefer to have a book in my hand". Besides that, a great number of people do not have the internet, or rarely use the internet, or even if they do use the internet, prefer to have a book in their hand.

'60 Reasons' was handed out by buyers to their friends and relatives, placed by hotel owners in hotel rooms, left in dentists' waiting rooms etc. You couldn't achieve this with 64 pages of printed-off A4 pages from a computer, all stapled together. There is a much greater demand for things to be in book form than you may think.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 19.02.10 21:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
bunny wrote:Why don't you make it available to download? it would be available to more people meaning you get the word out to more.

I have never understood your reasoning for having them printed...it's old hat.
1. We have no objection to making the booklet available for free download although I am not sure we have the tecchie skills between us to do that.

We know that countless people printed off the '30 Key Reasons' article from our former website; however, it was not in 'free download' format. We will happily receive advice and help on how to set up free downloads for this book and indeed all the other articles on our website.

I must take issue with you on books being 'old hat', though, and more to the point it wasn't 'old hat' for the thousands who bought '60 Reasons'. Just before the intervention of Carter-Ruck stopped the sales of '60 Reasons', one gentleman wrote and said: "I greatly prefer to have a book in my hand". Besides that, a great number of people do not have the internet, or rarely use the internet, or even if they do use the internet, prefer to have a book in their hand.

'60 Reasons' was handed out by buyers to their friends and relatives, placed by hotel owners in hotel rooms, left in dentists' waiting rooms etc. You couldn't achieve this with 64 pages of printed-off A4 pages from a computer, all stapled together. There is a much greater demand for things to be in book form than you may think.

And they went there expecting good news!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 21:32

Ohhh 108 sorry I thought you said 180.. Even though that still doesn't fit exactly - are you counting the blank pages? 6.75 sections plus four blanks? yes?

Ok I understand you're nervous. I'm just curious is all.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 21:33

Bunny. How very dare you. I make a good living from publishing books.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 19.02.10 21:54

Pascal wrote:Ohhh 108 sorry I thought you said 180.. Even though that still doesn't fit exactly - are you counting the blank pages? 6.75 sections plus four blanks? yes?

Ok I understand you're nervous. I'm just curious is all.

112 pages according to Amazon, due on 14th Feb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 22:07

okidoke. thumbsup
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 19.02.10 22:57

Pascal wrote:Bunny. How very dare you. I make a good living from publishing books.

Just reading your posts I was wondering if you were in publishing or printing big grin

I never really saw it as a book.
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 22:58

both.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 19.02.10 23:15

web offset?
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 19.02.10 23:19

what do you think?
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 19.02.10 23:48

havent got the foggiest.
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 20.02.10 0:09

Oh good.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 21.02.10 22:25

jkh wrote:Well, if they both reacted to blood then there must have been an awful lot of blood for it to be behind the sofa, up the wall, under a floor tile, in the wardrobe, on the verandah, on some items of clothes and in the hire car.

Who would abduct a child who was bleeding that much? And why did the bleeding seem to stop on the verandah and not all across the street? Who would hide a bleeding child in so many various places before 'abducting' her, when there was only supposed to be a 3 minute timeframe? And then why bring her back so she could bleed in the hire car 25 days later?

No.. the Dogs react to very small Amounts of Blood... and Older Blood, too. a Mosquito Bite's blood could cause Them to React.
aliberte2

Activity : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 25.02.10 12:50

aliberte2 wrote:
jkh wrote:Well, if they both reacted to blood then there must have been an awful lot of blood for it to be behind the sofa, up the wall, under a floor tile, in the wardrobe, on the verandah, on some items of clothes and in the hire car.

Who would abduct a child who was bleeding that much? And why did the bleeding seem to stop on the verandah and not all across the street? Who would hide a bleeding child in so many various places before 'abducting' her, when there was only supposed to be a 3 minute timeframe? And then why bring her back so she could bleed in the hire car 25 days later?

No.. the Dogs react to very small Amounts of Blood... and Older Blood, too. a Mosquito Bite's blood could cause Them to React.

Oh dear, the excuses get more laughable. If that was the case then the dogs would be reacting all over the place, there wouldn't be much point in using them. They only reacted in the MCCANNS apartment, hire car etc. Unless of course the Mccanns are the only ones attracting mosquitos.
Eddie reacts to cadaver. If he is reacting and Keela isn't then there is cadaver odour present. Now please don't say it's a mosquito's cadaver.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 25.02.10 14:23

marigold wrote:
aliberte2 wrote:

Oh dear, the excuses get more laughable. If that was the case then the dogs would be reacting all over the place, there wouldn't be much point in using them. They only reacted in the MCCANNS apartment, hire car etc. Unless of course the Mccanns are the only ones attracting mosquitos.
Eddie reacts to cadaver. If he is reacting and Keela isn't then there is cadaver odour present. Now please don't say it's a mosquito's cadaver.
I have recently watched those videos again.I don't think that the full length ones are available, unless someone on here has a link. From what I could determine, the dogs were kept longer in the McCanns apartment than anywhere else. In the underground car park the dog really did seem more interested in the wall than the cars.
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 25.02.10 16:03

bunnie1 wrote:
marigold wrote:
aliberte2 wrote:

I have recently watched those videos again.I don't think that the full length ones are available, unless someone on here has a link. From what I could determine, the dogs were kept longer in the McCanns apartment than anywhere else. In the underground car park the dog really did seem more interested in the wall than the cars.

Even if they were kept in the apartment for umpteen hours if there wasn't a trace of a cadaver then Eddie wouldn't alert. As I recall. it was observed that Eddie became very excited and agitated as soon as soon as he went into 5A. The fact is these dogs are damn good and someone died in 5A. Nobody except Madeleine is on record as being missing. It's therefore not difficult to surmise it WAS Madeleine. Proving it is another matter. Hence why we are here.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 25.02.10 16:06

OMG yes keep telling yourself that Bunnie1 lol! .
Why do you think Gerry's immediate reaction was to discredit the dogs' ability, rather than shock at their reaction, because I have never understood this. I wonder if he has revised his opinion since Eddie found that body on the Orkneys... bet he hasn't. It's too ridiculous. He - and you - are fooling nobody. laugh
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 25.02.10 16:08

marigold wrote:

Even if they were kept in the apartment for umpteen hours if there wasn't a trace of a cadaver then Eddie wouldn't alert. As I recall. it was observed that Eddie became very excited and agitated as soon as soon as he went into 5A. The fact is these dogs are damn good and someone died in 5A. Nobody except Madeleine is on record as being missing. It's therefore not difficult to surmise it WAS Madeleine. Proving it is another matter. Hence why we are here.

Marigold, even if you choose to ignore the fact that the dogs evidence needs to be backed up forensically, it's a huge leap of faith to say it's a fact someone died in the apartment.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum