The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Regist10

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by Guest 13.11.13 13:50

Maybe that is just the trading name Joe's Bar being officially registered belatedly; it seems to have been known locally as that for ages.

The building itself has clearly seen better days and must have existed for years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 22 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by Nereid 13.11.13 13:52

Did it start out as a front room pub?

"You may even find an Irish pub that’s actually someone’s front living room of their house with one or two pumps, a couple of bottles of spirits and maybe some chairs. You will find these kinds of Irish pubs to be very community orientated and a great way to meet the locals, learn some history and really experience the Irish Culture. These kind of pubs are usually found in remote villages dotted around Ireland, just because it’s not constructed with a full mahogany bar and decked with Guinness signs doesn’t mean its not an Irish pub."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But then that wouldn't explain the faded McCann's Bar printed on the building. nah
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.11.13 13:57

It appears to be true that Gerry's father was a publican when he lived in Ireland - his liquor licence (or whatever is the Irish term for that) is somewhere here so that would explain the old McCanns sign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 13.11.13 14:06

Here's a picture of the pub that can be zoomed in on. (takes a minute to load) I remember saying it before, looks like the McCann sign has just been daubed on to me. It's no where near as clear as the signage shown on the video report.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 13.11.13 14:18

I can't help but go back to this. Makes me wonder if Eileen McCann (nee Ferry) really does still have relatives in the area but for some reason it's best to keep them out of the limelight?

"Three weeks before their family holiday, the McCann family had been enjoying their time in Dungloe. They left the Rosses ..."

"“There are concerns now that some kind of paedophile ring involving Michael Ferry has been operating in the Gweedore, Dungloe and the Rosses area ..."

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 13.11.13 14:37

If McCann owned the building and ran it as a pub he had two separate assets, the physical building and his bar licence.  

If he decided to retire he would have three options:

Sell the building for re-development
Sell the licence to somebody looking to re-develop a commercial property for pub usage in another town but the property had no licence; or
Lease the bar to a third party

In the case of leasing, the third party, lets say People's, will move in and run the business, paying a specified sum for rent of the premises and a per centage of the bar takings.  McCann retained ownership of both the bar licence and building but People's ran it.  

At some stage the lessor may decide to sell everything, usually giving the lessee first refusal or perhaps he decided to sell only the licence to the lessee.  Hence some registration documents being available for People's.

In small towns its common to retain old names on pubs, it's likely if the bar was known as McCanns for a number of years, regardless of what sign was put on it, it will always be called McCanns.  Indeed, it is very often retained to keep continued custom.  People frequenting that bar will likely have their own chair and special glass .  If you or I were to walk in and sit down we could be asked to move seats because Jim or Bob sits there and is due into the bar at a specific time.

The "new road" near me was built in 1967 and has an official road map name.  Nobody uses that, everyone calls it the new road.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 13.11.13 15:13

MissDaisy wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:You could pick 100 random individuals in a republican area and not find a dissident so how you can link the son of a Scottish immigrant to them is just beyond words.
Liam McGinley (supplied information in relation to the murder of Denis Donaldson) was born in Scotland to parents from Donegal. Coincidentally, he was living in St Johnston.
Donaldson, who was one of the most highly prized informants working for Special Branch and MI5, was shot dead in Donegal in April 2006.

If you dig, you will see that Special Branch took a keen interest in the area July 2007. However, it seems to involve drugs. In 2010 hoax letters were sent out to people reportedly from Special Branch......Intimidation and digging possibly ???
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.11.13 17:45

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[...].
Thanks for the video, NFWTD. Interesting viewing ... The first time [that I know of] she's not fixing her hand on his you-know-what, but firmly on his wrist. He doesn't managed to get lose, even when he starts expressively waving his hands. When she loosens to make some two hand gesture herself, he's visibly relieved, but she comes back with her grip and he bites his teeth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.11.13 18:18

ChillyHeat wrote:
MissDaisy wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:You could pick 100 random individuals in a republican area and not find a dissident so how you can link the son of a Scottish immigrant to them is just beyond words.
Liam McGinley (supplied information in relation to the murder of Denis Donaldson) was born in Scotland to parents from Donegal. Coincidentally, he was living in St Johnston.
Donaldson, who was one of the most highly prized informants working for Special Branch and MI5, was shot dead in Donegal in April 2006.

If you dig, you will see that Special Branch took a keen interest in the area July 2007. However, it seems to involve drugs. In 2010 hoax letters were sent out to people reportedly from Special Branch......Intimidation and digging possibly ???
Maybe Special Branch in 2007 were trying full force to find (information about the abduction of) little Maddie?
They would say they were going after drugs, wouldn't they? Not after MMC, in any case!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.11.13 19:09

Amaral had considerable success in rolling up drug cartels. I think it was his speciality. 

The IRA/drug connection has nothing to do with the McCanns imo. The IRA have a long history in that area and in southern Spain which is very close. 
There's the added bonus of Spain not having an extradition arrangement with the UK and the many  criminals living on the costas. The Algarve is known as Little Britain, easy accress to Morocco, well, i'd be surprised if there were no IRA activity, drugs, gun running and all the usual suspects. 

Nothing to do with the McCanns imo.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 13.11.13 22:05

Pat Doherty was born in Glasgow and is a former Donegal resident, he is also known by the nickname of "Papa Doc". His brother Hugh was part of the IRA Balcombe Street gang. Today he is Vice President of Sinn Fein.
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 13.11.13 22:06

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A link too far for me! 

I remember a topic here though about paedophile rings in the very parts of the Irish Republic that the McCanns allegedly frequent or have connections with.

That might be interesting to see again if anyone can find it.
I would find it really hard to link to paedophilia in this case..it doesnt fit the usual profile. If you look back on cases..if its an oportunistic abuduction then its not often well planned and has many sightings, or the victims is found shortly after (either dead or alive) Others are planned but will involve the paedophile befriending the child, gaining their trust etc, and would not be 'oppotunistic' and very unlikely to happen on 'holiday' and the child would be older (in fact 'opportunistic' is unusual under 6 years)...Im quite convinced that MM case is not to do with a Paed ring..We cant count out abuse as being a factor..but it was not 'opportunistic' by design, and it was not a 'befriending' unless by one or more of the tapas group...sorry but thats what it is..
thetruthbeknown

Activity : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 14.11.13 14:20

Does anyone know where in England Gerry McCann was born? Also earlier in the thread there is a news article that says John McCann was cremated in England but his ashes buried in Glasgow - I think this came from Joe Peoples. I thought surely if he lived in Glasgow he would have been cremated there too.
MissDaisy

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 14.11.13 14:36

Sorry, I looked at Gerry's passport and it gives Glasgow as his place of birth, though I could have sworn I read somewhere he was born in England.
MissDaisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.11.13 15:28

thetruthbeknown wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A link too far for me! 

I remember a topic here though about paedophile rings in the very parts of the Irish Republic that the McCanns allegedly frequent or have connections with.

That might be interesting to see again if anyone can find it.
I would find it really hard to link to paedophilia in this case..it doesnt fit the usual profile. If you look back on cases..if its an oportunistic abuduction then its not often well planned and has many sightings, or the victims is found shortly after (either dead or alive) Others are planned but will involve the paedophile befriending the child, gaining their trust etc, and would not be 'oppotunistic' and very unlikely to happen on 'holiday' and the child would be older (in fact 'opportunistic' is unusual under 6 years)...Im quite convinced that MM case is not to do with a Paed ring..We cant count out abuse as being a factor..but it was not 'opportunistic' by design, and it was not a 'befriending' unless by one or more of the tapas group...sorry but thats what it is..
I remember reading somewhere that opportunistic murderers are less worried about hiding bodies, as there is often little to tie them to the crime. (Providing their DNA wasn't on file etc.) And that serial murderers often pose or display their victims as part of their MO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 14.11.13 16:59

Châtelaine wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[...].
Thanks for the video, NFWTD. Interesting viewing ... The first time [that I know of] she's not fixing her hand on his you-know-what, but firmly on his wrist. He doesn't managed to get lose, even when he starts expressively waving his hands. When she loosens to make some two hand gesture herself, he's visibly relieved, but she comes back with her grip and he bites his teeth.
WOW!  The interviewer introduces the story of Madeleine then straight afterwards at 30 seconds moves onto another story about a VIGIL being held for a man who had died...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 14.11.13 17:03

MissDaisy wrote:Does anyone know where in England Gerry McCann was born? Also earlier in the thread there is a news article that says John McCann was cremated in England but his ashes buried in Glasgow - I think this came from Joe Peoples. I thought surely if he lived in Glasgow he would have been cremated there too.
You're correct in thinking it was Joe Peoples that reportedly gave that information but the bolded bit is not right. He said, Johnny McCann was cremated in Glasgow and his ashes buried in St Johnston (Donegal).

There's also a funeral Directors in St Johnston in the name of Joe Peoples.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.11.13 17:12

worriedmum wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:

[...].
WOW!  The interviewer introduces the story of Madeleine then straight afterwards at 30 seconds moves onto another story about a VIGIL being held for a man who had died
Also pics of the ex-McCann pub belonging to Eileen
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 14.11.13 17:23

Daisy wrote:
MissDaisy wrote:Does anyone know where in England Gerry McCann was born? Also earlier in the thread there is a news article that says John McCann was cremated in England but his ashes buried in Glasgow - I think this came from Joe Peoples. I thought surely if he lived in Glasgow he would have been cremated there too.
You're correct in thinking it was Joe Peoples that reportedly gave that information but the bolded bit is not right. He said, Johnny McCann was cremated in Glasgow and his ashes buried in St Johnston (Donegal).

There's also a funeral Directors in St Johnston in the name of Joe Peoples.
Thanks Daisy, you're right his ashes were buried in St. Johnston and not Glasgow. However, in the Irish Daily Mirror, 2008 Joe Peoples said " He was cremated in England but is buried in the graveyard in St Johnston." Maybe the paper made a mistake, I just thought it was odd if he lived in Glasgow why he would be cremated in England. Also unusual for a Catholic of that generation to be cremated, I know when my Aunt died in England she was desperate to be buried in Ireland so made arrangements in advance for her body to be brought over, she would not consider cremation on account of her faith.
MissDaisy

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 14.11.13 18:05

Is Hugh Doherty somehow related ??? Could he be Uncle Hughie....

chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 14.11.13 18:09

ChillyHeat wrote:Is Hugh Doherty somehow related ??? Could he be Uncle Hughie....

No.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 14.11.13 18:12

Daisy wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:Is Hugh Doherty somehow related ??? Could he be Uncle Hughie....

No.
Ok Ty...
Im not getting anywhere on this big grin
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 14.11.13 18:19

I came across that too Chillyheat but I think he is Hugh Doherty and not McCann.
I was reading again what Joe Peoples had to say back in 2008, he said this  "Johnny passed away four years ago in 2004. Thursday will mark his fourth anniversary. 
I looked at Irishgraveyards.ie and there is a plot for John McCann, it says he died "March 2005, aged 68." Hugh is buried there too. Sorry if I keeping banging on about Joe Peoples, but it seems he didn't know the McCanns well at all if he gets these facts wrong.
MissDaisy

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 14.11.13 19:38

this is turning in to a very interesting thread and maybe it should be put in the main news thread.only imo of course
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 14.11.13 21:06

There was discussion about the McCann family cemetery plot, with pictures. Might have been earlier in this thread. Was quite a while ago.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top