The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Mm11

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Mm11

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Regist10

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest 10.09.11 13:52

All focus was initially placed on quite a few Doctor's, but I can't help but wonder if that was stop us from looking at other big names such as Oppenheimer and Baker Tilly? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 234726
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by J.J. 10.09.11 16:49

Tony Bennett wrote:
One matter I have looked at especially, and have written about, is the controversial nature of many of the reported ‘sightings’ of Madeleine McCann on Thursday 3 May, the day she was reported missing. One of many curious features about the case is that only two photographs of Madeleine at Praia da Luz that week have ever surfaced. One was a photo of her playing tennis sometime earlier in the week, apparently taken by another parent. The other is the famous ‘last photo’ taken by Dr Kate McCann, one that was not produced for the public to see until after Dr Gerald McCann returned to England for a short visit in late May.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Bennett

Hi Tony. Been lurking here for a while. I read this in Rachael's rogatory interview about the tennis picture, which says it was taken around 10.30 on the 3rd.

So that makes 4 hours between each of the only two photos of Maddie on that holiday........Change of clothes, hair blow dried/straightened, identity bracelet removed, sun burn healed????? Erm??

Keep up the questions everyone. The lie cannot stand up in the light of truth.

1578 “Okay. So we move on then, we move forward to Thursday”.
Reply “Mmm mmm”.
1578 “The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities”?
Reply “Yeah, the day was actually, it was different to the others because, well it was warmer weather wise, erm we went to the Millennium for breakfast as usual, erm we did that every day, Gerry and Kate didn’t, it was just too far for them to go with the twins, so they didn’t ever go for breakfast up there, I think apart from the first morning, erm so Matt, G***e and I went up to the Millennium, there was nobody else there from our group, erm and just as we were finishing and leaving, Russell arrived with E**a and E**e, erm Jane, because their tennis lesson had been cancelled the day before, Jane was in the, stayed back at the Ocean Club to start her lesson, cos that started at nine, erm and so I took G***e to the crèche and Matt stayed with Russell, erm and they took E**a, I think they took E**a down to her crèche and then the, Matt wanted to go down to the beach and go sailing, erm so I took G***e to crèche and then erm Matt and I were having a tennis lesson at eleven o’clock, and so basically it just, you know I just sat by the pool and read my book, sort of waiting for the tennis lesson and Kate, Kate was there and we sat together and had you know, chatted a bit, erm and then I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and E**a and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and E**a, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis b*lls, that sort of pictures”. 00.51
00.51.21 1578 “That was taken on the”?
Reply “Yeah that was that morning”.
1578 “Thursday”?
Reply “Yeah,
erm so we sort of watched them have their tennis lesson, erm and there were a few other parents there, sort of taking photos and that sort of thing, erm and then they headed back off to crèche
J.J.

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty HELP WANTED - the two holiday photos

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 17:08

J.J., thank you.

Yes, lies are dark, the truth always shines bright, let us turn up the lights.

Has anyone got the two photos side by side please so that we could look at the two photos and see how they compare, in the light of J.J.'s comment that:

So that makes 4 hours between each of the only two photos of Maddie on that holiday...

* change of clothes,

* hair blow dried/straightened,

* identity bracelet removed,

* sunburn healed?????

Erm??

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.09.11 18:00

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 2_pics10

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 42052

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty Massive growth spurt?

Post by Guest 10.09.11 18:06

Don't forget that she grew some 24 centimetres as well - the difference between her given height 90 cms and the estimated height 114 cms of the tennis ball girl.

lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 19:43

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 2_pics10
Thank you GEG. I am not sure from looking at these again how far (if at all) J.J. has made out his case, I would be interested to hear what others think about his/her comments.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 10.09.11 19:57

The bodies are totally different...eyebrows too. never the same girl in a million years. The tennis picture looks like the head has been photoshopped on

We did an experiment last month swapping the heads in these photos in 'the last photo' topic...will find it

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by J.J. 10.09.11 20:05

I'm female Tony. That's probably why I noticed the hair. The pool picture, to me, has that fresh, just washed and dried look to it. I don't get the same impression from the tennis pic from what I can see under the hat.

In the tennis pic, Maddie's arm is darker from the shoulder, to the wrist. Looks like she has been sunbathing in a glove. I read on here, I think, that someone had said that Kate had said it was due to sunburn?? Anyway in the large version of the pool pic, Maddies skin looks much paler, with just a hint of tan on the lower arms.

In the larger version of the pool photo her left wrist is seen with no wristband. In the tennis photo her right wrist is seen with no wristband. Both photos taken on the same day.

And yes, she does look much bigger/taller at 10.30am than she does at 2.30pm but I thought it best not to mention that one Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 110921

I think the significance here is that the only two photos we have seen of Maddie are taken on the 3rd, so I think Tony is very right in pointing out that Mr Edmonds photos which show Maddie from the 3rd are very important.
J.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 20:23

J.J. wrote:J.J., I can see that you have arrived at your conclusions carefully, and probably females are much better at this type of facial and body analysis than men, indeed I believe that has been scientifically proved. Anyway, I am going to play Devil's Advocate here with some comments, no offence intended but I want to see how strong or weak your argument is:

I'm female Tony.

REPLY: Oops.

That's probably why I noticed the hair. The pool picture, to me, has that fresh, just washed and dried look to it. I don't get the same impression from the tennis pic from what I can see under the hat.

REPLY: But the length, colour and style of the hair is otherwise exactly the same?

In the tennis pic, Maddie's arm is darker from the shoulder, to the wrist. Looks like she has been sunbathing in a glove. I read on here, I think, that someone had said that Kate had said it was due to sunburn?? Anyway in the large version of the pool pic, Maddies skin looks much paler, with just a hint of tan on the lower arms.

REPLY: I wonder if different weather conditions could account for the difference?

In the 'last photo' pool picture, Madeleine is in bright sunlight. Could that account for the pale-looking skin? The part of her skin that is in shadow looks brown by comparison.

The tennis photo was taken in cloudy conditions I think. Thus no bright sunlight.

In the larger version of the pool photo her left wrist is seen with no wristband. In the tennis photo her right wrist is seen with no wristband. Both photos taken on the same day.

REPLY: No, I think you are wrong. The tennis photo was taken on the Monday or Tuesday?

And yes, she does look much bigger/taller at 10.30am than she does at 2.30pm but I thought it best not to mention that one.

I think the significance here is that the only two photos we have seen of Maddie are taken on the 3rd...

REPLY: See above

...so I think Tony is very right in pointing out that Mr Edmonds' photos which show Maddie from the 3rd are very important.

REPLY: FWIW I don't think that these photos/this photo with Madeleine allegedly in the background ever existed.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 10.09.11 20:24

You make some very good points JJ.

Just comparing the faces: Madeleine by the poolside is (imo) without
doubt a fair bit younger than Madeleine with the tennis balls. The
second photo is of a maturer faced youngster, the baby features of
toddlerhood ( shown in 1st pic) have all but disappeared.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty The tennis court photo

Post by Guest 10.09.11 20:26

I forgot to add in my last post that, as discussed somewhere else on the site, Kate says in her honest and truthful book that it was she who took the photo on 1st May, if I remember the date correctly, definitely not the 3rd; loads of accompanying false sentimentality about how Madeleine looked so gorgeous that she (Kate) ran back to get her camera to take the picture.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by J.J. 10.09.11 20:43

Tony Bennett wrote:But the length, colour and style of the hair is otherwise exactly the same?

I think so. It's difficult to see in the tennis picture because of the way she is posing with the chin down.

I wonder if different weather conditions could account for the difference?

Yes, perhaps a rain shower in the morning, sun out in the afternoon. Usually when hair gets wet in the rain, it never dries again the same as when it's blow dried after shampooing - which is why us women make such a fuss about getting our hair wet in the rain Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 742129

In the 'last photo' pool picture, Madeleine is in bright sunlight. Could that account for the pale-looking skin? The part of her skin that is in shadow looks brown by comparison.

The tennis photo was taken in cloudy conditions I think. Thus no bright sunlight.

Possibly, but if the skin has colour due to suntan in the cloudy picture, then although it would appear lighter in the pool picture due to the bright conditions, it would surely still have the darker tone shoulder to elbow and the lighter tone on the hand. Although I have never seen anyone with tanned arms and white hands before.

No, I think you are wrong. The tennis photo was taken on the Monday or Tuesday?

That's why I posted Rachael's rogatory interview on the previous page. She claimed that Jane took the photo on Thursday at around 10.30. Why do you say it was taken on Monday or Tuesday?

REPLY: FWIW I don't think that these photos/this photo with Madeleine allegedly in the background ever existed.

Nor do I. Why he sent you that letter baffles me. But then all of it does
J.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.J. 10.09.11 20:49

Jean wrote:I forgot to add in my last post that, as discussed somewhere else on the site, Kate says in her honest and truthful book that it was she who took the photo on 1st May, if I remember the date correctly, definitely not the 3rd; loads of accompanying false sentimentality about how Madeleine looked so gorgeous that she (Kate) ran back to get her camera to take the picture.

Hi Jean, I didn't know that. Not read the book.

So why did Rachael say that Jane took the photo on Thursday ? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 110921

Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and E**a, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis b*lls, that sort of pictures”. 00.51
1578 “Thursday”?
Reply “Yeah, erm
J.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 10.09.11 21:44

Stella wrote:All focus was initially placed on quite a few Doctor's, but I can't help but wonder if that was stop us from looking at other big names such as Oppenheimer and Baker Tilly? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 234726

Yes, the focus was on Doctors on holiday but it seems that an important business meeting was taking place at the Ocean Club when Madeleine vanished.

Analysis of some of the people staying at the OC perhaps indicates that a new business venture, a UK start-up company may have been the prime reason for the gathering at the Ocean Club:

a) Gerry McCann was 'not there to enjoy himself' and perhaps was there to provide advice on his sphere of expertise, Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (diagnostics).

b) I believe we had a number of Merchant bankers present?

c) Alistair Hynd (Financial modeller and project finance partner at Baker Tilly) would have had a pivotal role in the investment decision process. He would have been there to advise on risk management and generate a financial model of the proposed business venture.

http://www.bakertillytfw.com/BTI%20Insight%20Newsletter.pdf

d) Paul Weinberger was working for Enigma Diagnostics (part owned by the UK MoD) during his stay at the Ocean Club and he had recently relinquished his high profile role as Chair of BIVDA: "As I relinquished the Chairmanship of BIVDA I also changed jobs and I am now looking forward to representing the interests of UK start-up companies at BIVDA, while using my skills to develop a market for a new technology at Enigma Diagnostics."

I am sure some of the other Docs (e.g. Payne) may have been there just for the 'jolly' but it looks to me that an investment proposal for a new company or innovative product was on the table and given the Enigma link it may well have been hushed up.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.09.11 21:47

Looking at her approximate age I have lined up some of the main shots and put them in order of what I think the ages are

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 2011-010

I think that the last photo was taken on 28th without Madeleine but she was photoshopped in afterwards. I think that Kate's account of the cold day/pool swim on the Sat and Gerry needing sunglasses on the Wed were planted to deflect suspicion about the last photo

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 2011-010
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HotlipsHealy 10.09.11 21:57

Cheshire Cat wrote:Yes, the focus was on Doctors on holiday but it seems that an important business meeting was taking place at the Ocean Club when Madeleine vanished.

Peter Reading, Chief Executive of University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, announced the latest progress on the project to create new 21st century hospitals in Leicester.

“Earlier this year the Department of Health announced a national review of Private Finance Initiative, (PFI) schemes. That review has now taken place and the initial feedback is looking pretty positive.”

“We want to invest in our two emergency hospitals, the Royal Infirmary and the Glenfield; create a new innovative planned care and rehabilitation hospital at the General and develop a one site solution to maternity services and integrate children’s services at the Royal. Though this is work in progress, it is what we are pitching to the Department of Health, (DH) and the Treasury.”

“However, the shape of the whole NHS is changing at an astounding rate and the Treasury are concerned that Trusts are locking themselves into big PFI financial commitments over many years. In the uncertain world of payment by results, and a White Paper which encourages more activity to move into community hospitals we have to be sure that the plans we make now are right for this generation the next and the next.”

“So, in common with other new hospital schemes in the UK the DH has instructed us to cut some of the planned investment in our scheme. This means our available cash is likely to be in the region of £600m.”

Source: University Hospitals Leicester website: Pathway Progress
Ministers approve £1.5bn hospital building proposal

-----

Hospital chief resigns from post

The chief executive of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust has announced his retirement from the role.

Peter Reading is stepping down just two months after a £700m plan to rebuild Leicester's NHS hospitals was scrapped.

A spokesman has said they were "entering a new chapter in the history of these hospitals" and that is was "the right time for a change".

The decision to abandon the rebuilding plan drew some criticism as more than £20m had already been spent on it.

Earlier in the year the trust said it was looking to cut hundreds of posts to make budget savings.

(Does that include cancelling operations and denying life saving treatment to make budget savings?) Link
NHS should not save patients' lives if it costs too much, says watchdog

Source: BBC News

Peter Reading, Leicester Royal Infirmary's scapegoat
McCanns millionnaire backer, Richard Branson, steps into new role in NHS
Bailiffs called in to Leicester Hospitals
Leicester City Health UNISON slammed plans to axe up to 900 jobs and close 200 beds at Leicester’s three city hospitals.
-----
Taken from British Democracy forum
One close friend of the McCanns living nearby in Praia da Luz was Mr Brian Geraghty, also a Roman Catholic, who was seen on camera emerging from the Roman Catholic Church with the McCanns the Sunday immediately after Madeleine 'disappeared'. He was also seen on subsequent occasions in close contact with the McCanns (including on subsequent TV broadcasts) and is known to have helped the McCanns out during the aftermath of Madeleine McCann 'going missing'.

In addition, it is clear from researches undertaken by others that Brian Geraghty was very closely involved in the failed PFI bid that was made by a consortium at Leicester University Hospital - that included the Doctors McCann and at least one other of their 'Tapas 9' doctor friends. The McCanns and Geraghty had been hoping to pull off a bid for some £700 million PFI funding, but Patricia Hewitt, right at the last, refused the application in one of her last acts as Health Secretary (in January 2007).

A quite possible reason for the McCanns' 'holiday' in Praia da Luz was to discuss with Geraghty and his contacts how to revive their failed PFI bid, from which both the McCanns and John Geraghty stood to gain from potentially highly lucrative contracts.

(It is John Geraghty not Brian)
-----

How convenient, then, that their holiday produced the need for such a huge fundraising campaign, and that UHL link directly to the McCanns Fund from their hospital noticeboard.

How convenient that Gerry's boss, Doug Skehan, is adept at fundraising and is also a director of the fraudulent Fund and that UHL refuse to comment on this.

thinking

Kate McCann: It was our holiday too.

HotlipsHealy
HotlipsHealy

Activity : 169

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty Tennis court photo again

Post by Guest 10.09.11 22:14

I thought this all sounded familiar! There is an existing topic called "Who took the tennis court photo?" on this site.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty A lot more questions about those photos

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 22:27

J.J. wrote:
Jean wrote:I forgot to add in my last post that, as discussed somewhere else on the site, Kate says in her honest and truthful book that it was she who took the photo on 1st May, if I remember the date correctly, definitely not the 3rd; loads of accompanying false sentimentality about how Madeleine looked so gorgeous that she (Kate) ran back to get her camera to take the picture.

Hi Jean, I didn't know that. Not read the book.
So why did Rachael say that Jane took the photo on Thursday ? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 110921

Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and E**a, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis b*lls, that sort of pictures”. 00.51
1578 “Thursday”?
Reply “Yeah, erm
J.J. and Jean,

To be honest, it always stuck in my mind that the photo had been taken on the Monday or Tuesday, because that was when a tennis lesson for the children was supposed to have happened, though I confess that three years old is a little bit early for learning tennis. I thought in the back of my mind that Jane Tanner said she had taken the picture (see below). I was aware of some conflict about the date, I think HideHo might have covered this on her 'aimoo' site:

But Jean is right, it's in Kate's book, and in green below is this posting by'candyfloss' of an extract from Kate's book back in July:

On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn’t get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we’d arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It’s the Gerry touch...The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they’d established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the ‘on’ button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutter.

During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in
her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls.

At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself. Gerry loves that picture.

'candyfloss': "Rachael Oldfield says it was taken on Thursday 3rd May - Kate says Tuesday 1st?? Rachael says Jane took it, Kate says she did??"

TB: I found this statement of Dr Kate interesting: "She looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion".

I wondered first of all why, if Madeleine was already in her 'little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals', Dr Kate didn't take a picture of her at or near the flat? After all, according to another part of her book, she loved photographing Madeleine.

Next - if she so loved taking photographs of Madeleine, why didn't she take her camera with her?

Then - was it necessary in the book to re-describe exactly what Madeleine was wearing? It is almost as if she was trying to prove that this really was a photograph that she personally took.

Another point - if she was so mad keen on photographing Madeleine whenever she 'looked so gorgeous', why aren't there simply loads of pics of Madeleine from her camera that week? It's striking, is it not, that there are no other pics of Madeleine on holiday that week - neither from the McCanns' cameras, nor from any one of their friends. Amazing, in fact.

A further question - when did that 'tennis balls photo' first make it to the media? Was it before or after Dr Gerald McCann made his visit to Leicester at the end of May 2007? Once again, if it really was Kate's photo, why wasn't it made available to the police immediately? (along with all the others)

And then the final point, made above by 'candyfloss' - how can it possibly be that there is a debate about who actually took that photo - with no fewer than three people claiming to have taken it? That is beyond bizarre.

[ P.S. Thanks again for raising this, J.J., we've cleared up where the confusion over the date of the photo originated. But then as Dr Gerald McCann once [24 August 2007 to be precise] famously said: "And in fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not". He was dead right! ]
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 22:38

Molly wrote:Looking at her approximate age I have lined up some of the main shots and put them in order of what I think the ages are

I think that the last photo was taken on 28th...
Molly, I think that's simply impossible.

Look at the shadows on both Dr Gerald McCann and Madeleine and it's clear (whether the photo is photoshopped or not) that both individuals were photographed close to noon. In late April the sun has not yet reached its zenith by some way - that comes of course around 21 June. I have to say that if indeed the photo was taken 2.5 hours after noon AND nearly two months before the summer solstice then quite frankly the shadows on both Dr McCann and Madeleine look suspiciously short.

But - leaving all of that analysis on one side - the McCanns didn't arrive in Praia da Luz until I think late afternoon. That being so, there was no way the photo of them could have been taken after then and produce such short shadows, looking as though the sun was practically overhead.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 Empty was not is

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.11 22:43

HotlipsHealy wrote:How convenient that Gerry's boss, Doug Skehan, is adept at fundraising and is also a director of the (allegdely - ADMIN) fraudulent Fund...
WAS a Director of the Fund. He resigned earlier in the year
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 10.09.11 23:15

HotlipsHealy wrote:

Taken from British Democracy forum
One close friend of the McCanns living nearby in Praia da Luz was Mr Brian Geraghty, also a Roman Catholic, who was seen on camera emerging from the Roman Catholic Church with the McCanns the Sunday immediately after Madeleine 'disappeared'. He was also seen on subsequent occasions in close contact with the McCanns (including on subsequent TV broadcasts) and is known to have helped the McCanns out during the aftermath of Madeleine McCann 'going missing'.

In addition, it is clear from researches undertaken by others that Brian Geraghty was very closely involved in the failed PFI bid that was made by a consortium at Leicester University Hospital - that included the Doctors McCann and at least one other of their 'Tapas 9' doctor friends. The McCanns and Geraghty had been hoping to pull off a bid for some £700 million PFI funding, but Patricia Hewitt, right at the last, refused the application in one of her last acts as Health Secretary (in January 2007).

A quite possible reason for the McCanns' 'holiday' in Praia da Luz was to discuss with Geraghty and his contacts how to revive their failed PFI bid, from which both the McCanns and John Geraghty stood to gain from potentially highly lucrative contracts.

(It is John Geraghty not Brian)
-----

How convenient, then, that their holiday produced the need for such a huge fundraising campaign, and that UHL link directly to the McCanns Fund from their hospital noticeboard.

How convenient that Gerry's boss, Doug Skehan, is adept at fundraising and is also a director of the fraudulent Fund and that UHL refuse to comment on this.

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 234726

Great post HotlipsHealy (how daft i feel saying that name Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 90835 ). Sorry I cut the rest of it, it contained some good information that deserves looking at. I just wanted to zoom in on this chap - John (not Brian lol) Geraghty. The McCanns sure keep some dodgy company. I have to say i'm given a bit more hope after reading this Judges descision against Geraghty Constuction.

This is all the same John Geraghty isn't it?

"A judge has let off a businessman who took dramatic revenge after he was
driven close to bankruptcy by a larger firm's refusal to pay his bill."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023217/Judge-lets-officer-wrecker-caused-24-000-damage.html#ixzz1Xaeat3uN

Geraghty the Tycoon Friend of the McCanns http://madeleinemccann.org/2009/1941/profile-john-geraghty/

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by J.J. 10.09.11 23:25

Tony Bennett wrote:Another point - if she was so mad keen on photographing Madeleine whenever she 'looked so gorgeous', why aren't there simply loads of pics of Madeleine from her camera that week? It's striking, is it not, that there are no other pics of Madeleine on holiday that week - neither from the McCanns' cameras, nor from any one of their friends. Amazing, in fact.

Yes amazing, considering they started the holiday with video boarding the plane, then on the airport bus, then nothing!!

No photos, no video until the two photos published. Very strange from a family who seem to take a lot of photos/video.

If she had been with them until the 3rd, they would have published loads of photos of her in PDL. What better way to grab the attention of the public to help with the search (fund!) than to show a slideshow of her last few days enjoying her holiday with her family.
J.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 10.09.11 23:56

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stella wrote:All focus was initially placed on quite a few Doctor's, but I can't help but wonder if that was stop us from looking at other big names such as Oppenheimer and Baker Tilly? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 4 234726

Yes, the focus was on Doctors on holiday but it seems that an important business meeting was taking place at the Ocean Club when Madeleine vanished.

Analysis of some of the people staying at the OC perhaps indicates that a new business venture, a UK start-up company may have been the prime reason for the gathering at the Ocean Club:

a) Gerry McCann was 'not there to enjoy himself' and perhaps was there to provide advice on his sphere of expertise, Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (diagnostics).

c) Alistair Hynd (Financial modeller and project finance partner at Baker Tilly) would have had a pivotal role in the investment decision process. He would have been there to advise on risk management and generate a financial model of the proposed business venture.

d) Paul Weinberger was working for Enigma Diagnostics (part owned by the UK MoD) during his stay at the Ocean Club and he had recently relinquished his high profile role as Chair of BIVDA: "As I relinquished the Chairmanship of BIVDA I also changed jobs and I am now looking forward to representing the interests of UK start-up companies at BIVDA, while using my skills to develop a market for a new technology at Enigma Diagnostics."

I am sure some of the other Docs (e.g. Payne) may have been there just for the 'jolly' but it looks to me that an investment proposal for a new company or innovative product was on the table and given the Enigma link it may well have been hushed up.
The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product and the launching of a company.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 11.09.11 0:00

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product.
How would Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, one of the 11-strong members of the Board of Directors of the world's largest steel firm, Stemor Ltd., fit into this scenario? (if at all?)
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 11.09.11 3:28

I still find it hard to believe that so many important and comparatively wealthy folk (certainly earning a lot more than me) all chose to go to such a basic resort such as the Ocean Club. It looks no better than any other resort I have been to in Turkey etc and the weather would have been better over there too.

Why were all these professional people chosing to go there on that particular week. Wouldn't it be interesting to see who had been there the week before (and the one before that), just to see if the same type of people went there regularly or if the w/c 28.4.07 was a one off!
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top