The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Mm11

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Mm11

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Regist10

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Empty Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Smokeandmirrors 11.09.11 6:51

Gillyspot wrote:I still find it hard to believe that so many important and comparatively wealthy folk (certainly earning a lot more than me) all chose to go to such a basic resort such as the Ocean Club. It looks no better than any other resort I have been to in Turkey etc and the weather would have been better over there too.

Why were all these professional people chosing to go there on that particular week. Wouldn't it be interesting to see who had been there the week before (and the one before that), just to see if the same type of people went there regularly or if the w/c 28.4.07 was a one off!

Totally agree! I thought with the sorts of people there it looked a positively "budget" choice. I was astounded that the apt 5a rented for such a high sum (£1500 pw IIRC). But if this was not the main holiday, but a spring half term type break, then maybe. It does emerge that there were a lot of potentially influential people there, against the odds of probability in the circs. They weren't just affluent, but the jobs are pretty interesting. I find every level of this story interesting TBH, and I am amazed what people can find out if they try, what info is available. It's quite scary!!
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Empty Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:06

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stella wrote:All focus was initially placed on quite a few Doctor's, but I can't help but wonder if that was stop us from looking at other big names such as Oppenheimer and Baker Tilly? Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 234726

Yes, the focus was on Doctors on holiday but it seems that an important business meeting was taking place at the Ocean Club when Madeleine vanished.

Analysis of some of the people staying at the OC perhaps indicates that a new business venture, a UK start-up company may have been the prime reason for the gathering at the Ocean Club:

a) Gerry McCann was 'not there to enjoy himself' and perhaps was there to provide advice on his sphere of expertise, Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (diagnostics).

b) I believe we had a number of Merchant bankers present?

c) Alistair Hynd (Financial modeller and project finance partner at Baker Tilly) would have had a pivotal role in the investment decision process. He would have been there to advise on risk management and generate a financial model of the proposed business venture.

http://www.bakertillytfw.com/BTI%20Insight%20Newsletter.pdf

d) Paul Weinberger was working for Enigma Diagnostics (part owned by the UK MoD) during his stay at the Ocean Club and he had recently relinquished his high profile role as Chair of BIVDA: "As I relinquished the Chairmanship of BIVDA I also changed jobs and I am now looking forward to representing the interests of UK start-up companies at BIVDA, while using my skills to develop a market for a new technology at Enigma Diagnostics."

I am sure some of the other Docs (e.g. Payne) may have been there just for the 'jolly' but it looks to me that an investment proposal for a new company or innovative product was on the table and given the Enigma link it may well have been hushed up.
The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product and the launching of a company.

Which might explain why Robert Naylor of The Matrix Group was also there. The Matrix Group are brokers and if you look on this link for Baker Tilly, you will see Alistair Hynd on page 3 and The Matrix Group logo on page 33, which might suggest that these two individuals might have known each other.

http://foreigners.textovirtual.com/apef/baker-tilly_m-a-and-private-equity.pdf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:12

This is quite an interesting arm of the Matrix Group

Matrix Corporate Capital LLP, FSA No 465015 and Registered in England Number OC319462

Look this company up on the Companies House web site and towards the bottom of the page where it says name changed on. Look at the date !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:24

Previous Names:
Date of change
Previous Name
16/05/2007
MATRIX CC LLP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:29

15th May 2007, was the date of incorporation of 'Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited' with Companies House as a private, limited by guarantee, no share capital company.

It must be another one of those mysterious coincidences we have seen all to often. Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 160807
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:41

Cheshire Cat wrote:
The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product and the launching of a company.
You could be right Cheshire Cat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 9:54

Tony Bennett wrote:How would Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, one of the 11-strong members of the Board of Directors of the world's largest steel firm, Stemor Ltd., fit into this scenario? (if at all?)
Perhaps steel in large volumes is needed to build something. I have often wondered if all of our windfarms was a godsend for Stemcor.

But as with any new venture, you will need all of the basics before passing first base. In my hypothetical new company, I would perhaps choose all of the following people. A broker to set it all up (Matrix). A legal and business adviser to the Government (Baker Tilly). Someone to put up the finance (Oppenheimer), as a suggestion.

Where do a bunch of Doctors fit into my hypothetical company? Well if it was to provide something to do with healthcare, I would need someone there from every health department to give their valid opinions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 11.09.11 10:20

Stella wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

This was something I posted on the other OC Guests thread and may be relevant to this discussion:

I have read up on the failed Pathways bid and I feel doubtful that this was the reason for the Doctors, experts and business people to have gathered at the Ocean Club at the end of April 2007.
For me, the characters present and the curtain of secrecy indicate that an important meeting was indeed scheduled for that fateful week but I am inclined to believe it was to discuss some other commercial venture. Here is one suggestion:

Paul Weinberger was present at the Ocean Club and he was at the time Director of Clinical Development at Enigma Diagnostics. Enigma has an exclusive licence from the Defence Science Technology Laboratory to manage a portfolio of patents which represent over 15 years of UK Ministry of Defence funded research.

Paul Weinberger has been involved in many projects and the RANGER project is detailed below.
It was submitted to the EC in April 2007. The RANGER consortium also included the Health Protection Agency [Note: COMARE is part of HPA].

http://navigator.nic.nhs.uk/documentDetails.aspx?backtext=A-Z%20Directory&docId=73

The EC issued the following Call under the Health priority in 2007: “HEALTH-2007-2.3.3-4: Innovative point-of-care diagnostic tests for influenza. The objective is to develop and validate affordable, reliable, and rapid diagnostic tests for influenza infections with designated viruses. Research outcomes should be applicable to surveillance and early detection of an epidemic outbreak and suitable for point-of-care use in both developed and developing countries, addressing early biological markers and/or late surveillance.”

Enigma [lead partner and coordinators] decided to submit a proposal to the specified EC call as it provided an opportunity to fund the development of a clinical diagnostic system to complement its existing defence sector system. The project was called Ranger (“Rapid, robust and scalable platform technology for fully automated reference laboratory grade Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) based diagnostics regardless of global setting”) and was submitted to the EC in April 2007. The project was accepted for funding and received a grant of €3 million against a total project plan of €4.1 million and 24 month duration. The project started in January 2008.

http://www.enigmadiagnostics.com/ufiles/Ranger.pdf

PRESS RELEASE

3, October 2007
ENIGMA DIAGNOSTICS ANNOUNCES A EUROPEAN COMMISSION AWARD
OF €3MILLION TO FUND THE DEVELOPMENT OF A POINT OF CARE
PLATFORM FOR THE RAPID DIAGNOSIS OF INFLUENZA INFECTIONS
A fully automated, portable solution for in-clinic and out-reach influenza testing
Porton Down, UK, Enigma Diagnostics, the life sciences company developing rapid
molecular diagnostics and detection systems, announces a €3 million award from the
European Commission Framework 7 programme to the RANGER consortium. The
award will fund the development and validation of a fully automated, low cost system for
the rapid diagnosis of influenza infections and subtypes.
The RANGER consortium, which is coordinated by Enigma Diagnostics, comprises
leading technology companies including Applied Biosystems, Sagentia, Tico Europe,
Bruhn Newtech Group, Bioplastics BV and PERA who will contribute to the development
of the instrument and assays. The consortium also includes the Health Protection
Agency, the UK’s national reference laboratory for influenza diagnostics, and the Queen
Sirikit National Institute of Child Health who will evaluate and validate the system.
The system will be based on Enigma’s proprietary and fully-automated instrumentation
technology, which integrates sample preparation with real-time polymerase chain
reaction (PCR) to detect viral RNA in a full range of clinical samples. The simple-to-use,
portable system will provide rapid results direct to medical staff in a near-patient or outreach
environment in both the developed and developing world.
By providing laboratory standard, high specificity and sensitivity PCR results in a
decentralised setting, the system will advance the diagnosis of early stage viral
infections and the surveillance of disease outbreaks.
Enigma is also separately developing real-time PCR-based diagnostics systems
targeting chlamydia, gonorrhoea and other sexually transmitted infections.
John McKinley, Chairman of Enigma Diagnostics, said: “The award of this grant and the
strength of our consortium partners is a great endorsement of Enigma’s technology. It is
also a strategically important milestone for the company as it demonstrates the utility of
our real time PCR in what is an extremely challenging area of diagnosis. We are
confident we will be able to deliver a system that rapidly and simply delivers laboratory
quality results at the point of care”
-ENDS

A UK based SME called Enigma Diagnostics was an innovative start-up company operating out of the UK Government defence research centre DSTL at Porton Down, Salisbury, UK. Enigma is a recognised leader in developing rapid diagnostics for the detection and identification of infectious organisms, such as bacteria and viruses, in environmental, clinical, and biological samples. The basis of its technology is an automated platform for PCR diagnostics, at present focused on the defence sector.

http://www.rangerfp7.com/homep2

Paul Weinberger : Director

ENIGMA DIAGNOSTICS LTD
Building 224 Tetricus Science Park
Dstl Porton Down
Salisbury
Wiltshire
SP4 0JQ
Tel: +44 01980 590131
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 10:41

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Paul Weinberger has been involved in many projects and the RANGER project is detailed below. It was submitted to the EC in April 2007. The RANGER consortium also included the Health Protection Agency [Note: COMARE is part of HPA].
Perhaps a meeting between so many British businessmen had to take place in another country like Portugal, under the disguise of a family holiday, so as not to alert the other political parties as to what Labour may have been planning?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 11.09.11 11:27

Stella wrote: I have often wondered if all of our windfarms was a godsend for Stemcor.

Edward Smethurst who is an ambassador of Cancer Research UK and in 2007 mounted a legal challenge to stop the controversial £50 million wind farm development at Scout Moor, Edenfield.

You guys are really putting something very interesting together....Just want to add a couple more facts, mainly using quotes into the equation:

Mark Warner bought into the Ocean Club in PDL in April 2007

Edward Smethurst, the 30-year-old lawyer and millionaire property developer whose latest challenge in 1999 was the chairmanship of the the Law Society’s commerce & industry group. The new chairman of its commerce and industry (C&I) group is fresh-faced Edward Smethurst, senior legal adviser at British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL), who at 30 is by far the youngest person to take up the position.

It was the UK Government who arranged for the McCanns to meet and liaise with a number of European and other word-wide Political leaders to discuss the setting up of an American version of 'Amber Alert'; a child abduction alert system. It is entirely possible, of course that these incidents were merely born out of an association and presumably FREINDSHIP between Gerry McCann and Gordon’s brother, ANDREW Brown, with whom Gerry worked at COMARE. COMARE, (Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation) is a British Government QUANGO, basically set up to debunk claims by campaigners that certain areas around the vicinity of Power Stations can induce childhood CANCERS.

Gordon Brown is, or at least WAS, a huge supporter and advocate of further Power Station development in the UK and COMARE, (of which his BROTHER Andrew is a Director), was an essential weapon for Brown in allaying any ‘Nuclear fears’ amongst the public. Essentially, along with others, COMARE was “advised” by Gerry McCann.

Does anyone know if GM was involved with COMARE before May 2007?

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 11.09.11 11:44

The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product.

How would Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, one of the 11-strong members of the Board of Directors of the world's largest steel firm, Stemor Ltd., fit into this scenario? (if at all?)
Stainless steel is used to manufacture medical and surgical equipment. Titanium is used to manufacture light weight but tough medical products such as implants. If an innovative and important project was being discussed that required steel in the manufacturing process then perhaps Edmonds would be in a attendance? Zug, Switzerland is Stentors European hub for stainless steel.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 11.09.11 11:59

Cheshire Cat wrote:
The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product.

How would Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, one of the 11-strong members of the Board of Directors of the world's largest steel firm, Stemor Ltd., fit into this scenario? (if at all?)
Stainless steel is used to manufacture medical and surgical equipment. Titanium is used to manufacture light weight but tough medical products such as implants. If an innovative and important project was being discussed that required steel in the manufacturing process then perhaps Edmonds would be in a attendance? Zug, Switzerland is Stentors European hub for stainless steel.

Didn't one of the resorts guests at the time (forget his name) & at the Tapas bar on the night go to Switzerland on the 4th with his 3 kids?

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 12:09

jd wrote:
Didn't one of the resorts guests at the time (forget his name) & at the Tapas bar on the night go to Switzerland on the 4th with his 3 kids?
Yes jd, that is Phil Edmonds. The Oppenheimer family business is Stemcor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 12:21

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stainless steel is used to manufacture medical and surgical equipment. itanium is used to manufacture light weight but tough medical products such as implants. If an innovative and important project was being discussed that required steel in the manufacturing process then perhaps Edmonds would be in a attendance? Zug, Switzerland is Stentors European hub for stainless steel.
Anytime there is a health scare like swine flu, everyone is encouraged to go and get a vaccination. All of these injections must have stainless steel needles and as vaccinations are the way ahead, I think you might be onto something here Cheshire Cat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 13:19

Stemcor acquires steel service centre in Portugal

29 March 2011

Stemcor, the world’s largest independent steel trader, has acquired Portuguese service centre Semi-Produtos de Metais, Lda (‘Semimetais’) from Wieland Group. Semimetais stocks a range of cold rolled, pickled & oiled and zinc coated steel coils and offers cut to length and slitting facilities with processing capacity of 30,000 tonnes per annum.

From its base in Gaia in Northern Portugal - between the ports of Aveiro and Leixoes - and with warehouse facilities in Lisbon, Semimetais serves over 500 customers nationwide. The business is focused primarily on steel but also sells aluminium, brass and copper products. The main supplier of steel is Eurosteel Portugal, Stemcor’s import distribution business in Lisbon.

Jose Rufino, managing director of Eurosteel Portugal said: “Wieland is a leading manufacturer of copper and copper alloy products and has decided to divest Semimetais as a non-core activity. Semimetais is the perfect fit for the Stemcor group, as we are keen to expand down the steel supply chain and add value to our domestic service offering’.

Under the ownership of Stemcor, Semimetais will continue to distribute the products of the Wieland Group.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 13:41

Fortis Bank SA NV v Stemcor UK Ltd, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, March 17, 2011, [2011] EWHC 538 (Comm)

Case No: 2009 Folio 34

Neutral Citation Number: [2011] EWHC 538 (Comm)

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE

QUEEN'S BENCH DIVISION

COMMERCIAL COURT

Royal Courts of Justice

Strand, London, WC2A 2LL

Date: 17 March 2011

Before : Jonathan Hirst QC sitting as a Deputy Judge of the High Court

Between : Timothy Young QC and Malcolm Jarvis (instructed by DLA Piper UK LLP)
for the Second Claimants
Sara Cockerill (instructed by Holman Fenwick Willan LLP) for the Defendants
Hearing dates: 14-16 February 2011
JUDGMENT
Mr Hirst QC :

1. The issue before the Court is whether the Second Claimant (``Stemcor'') is entitled to recover damages from the Defendant Bank (``IOB'') for having wrongfully failed to honour five letters of credit, or alternatively to recover in restitution.

Background and previous judgments

2. Between 1 and 19 August 2008 Stemcor entered into five contracts Numbered RMS0098, RMS0099, RMS00105, RMS00110 and RMS00125. for the sale of a total of 15,500 MT (10% more or less in seller's option) shredded steel scrap to SESA International Limited (``SESA'') of Kolkata in India. The prices ranged from US$525 to $620 per metric tonne. Delivery was to be CFR CY Haldia/Kolkata in seller's option according to INCOTERMS 2000 - viz. Cost and Freight Container Yard Haldia/Kolkata. INCOTERMS 2000 provide that the carriage must be arranged and paid for by the seller and that risk transfer from seller to buyer occurs when the goods pass the ship's rail. The buyer must accept delivery at the named destination and pay all costs relating to the goods from the time they have been delivered.

3. Payment was to be 100% by sight letter of credit opened by a first class bank and advised by Fortis Bank (``Fortis'') in London. The sale contracts contained London arbitration clauses and were expressly governed by English law.

4. IOB opened five letters of credit in relation to the sale contracts and notified Fortis. They were as follows:
(The letters of credit will be referred to below by the number in the first column in the above table. The asterisks indicate confirmation by Fortis).
5. All were subject to the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits, 2007 revision, ICC Publication no. 600 (``UCP 600''). The applicant for the L/Cs was MSTC Limited (``MSTC''), an Indian Government owned company operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Steel one of whose roles is to assist Indian companies purchasing steel scrap from abroad. MSTC was described as the ``facilitator'' in the letters of credit. The arrangements between MSTC and SESA appear to be governed by a memorandum of agreement dated 21 November 2006, as amended It has...

See the full content of this document

http://high-court-justice.vlex.co.uk/vid/2009-folio-34-287524767

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 13:55

Stemcor employs 1,200 people in 70 offices in 40 countries across the globe . It trades under a variety of names including Eurosteel, Ferrosource and Kenilworth. As well as buying SPS last year, the company acquired Barclay & Mathieson, a general steel stockholder with 12 depots across the UK, earlier this year, while disposing of the majority of its stake in the Australian Bulk Minerals iron ore mine.

Last year, it placed its first steel futures contracts on the Dubai and London metal exchanges and acquired German group Schmolz & Bickenback Flachstahl. Its services include transporting metals by truck, rail, barge and ocean-going vessels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/utilities/2795061/Britains-biggest-private-companies-The-raw-materials-of-everyday-life.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 13:58

Stemcor Signs $1 Billion In Revolving Credit Facilities

LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Stemcor, the world's largest independent steel trader, said Friday it has agreed $1 billion of multicurrency revolving credit facilities. Stemcor signed a $772.5 million, 364-day revolving credit facility with the option to extend it twice for a similar period of time, and signed a three-year, $227.5 million revolving credit facility. The 364-day facility will be used to refinance and cancel Stemcor's existing three-year facility, a two-year Forward Start Facility and for general commercial purposes in the ordinary course of [color:d5b3=green !important][color:d5b3=green !important]business, it said. The syndicate comprised 53 lending banks and, due to significant over-subscription, Stemcor decided to increase the size of the facilities to $1 billion from an initial $650 million. Michael Broom, group director of treasury & risk, said "Stemcor had a very strong year in 2010 and progress to date in 2011 is encouraging, despite the depressed construction sector dampening demand for steel in many regions." The deal was launched at the end of March with ABN AMRO Bank NV, BNP Paribas SA (BNP.FR), ING [color:d5b3=green !important][color:d5b3=green !important]Bank NV (ING), Royal Bank of Scotland PLC (RBS.LN), Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (GLE.FR) and [color:d5b3=green !important][color:d5b3=green !important]Standard [color:d5b3=green !important]Chartered [color:d5b3=green !important]Bank (STAN.LN) appointed as active bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers. -By Alex MacDonald, Dow Jones Newswires; +44 (0)20 7842 9328; alex.macdonald@dowjones.com

http://www.advfn.com/lse/ShareNews.asp?sharenews=RBS&article=47570512&headline=stemcor-signs-1-billion-in-revolving-credit-facilities
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Empty microchips?

Post by tigger 11.09.11 13:59

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Are any of the above materials used in microchips?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.11 14:03

BExA - British Exporters Association

http://www.bexa.co.uk/about.html

Stemcor on the Council along with Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland and Rolls Royce.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 11.09.11 15:30

Stella wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

I am not suggesting that such a meeting offers any clues to the fate of Madeleine but I am suggesting that a highly classified meeting was arranged at the Ocean Club in order to discuss the commercialisation of an innovative product. Enigma Diagnostics are mentioned in this article http://www.theengineer.co.uk/in-depth/dr-david-harris-dstl/310787.article which gives a good overview of the way Defence R&D can be exploited in other fields: "Technology from the military realm is also increasingly finding its way into the healthcare industry, a somewhat unlikely beneficiary of defence research. One example is Enigma Diagnostics’ [i.e. Weinberger] polymerase chain reaction technology, a biological warfare detection process that is now being used for the rapid diagnosis of infectious diseases ranging from MRSA to avian flu."

So here you have an example of a 'biological warfare detection process' with a health care application. Any meeting that explored the 'biological warfare detection process' would be Secret. Even the existance of such a meeting would be secret.

Dull and boring but a possible reason for the smokescreen of a family holiday.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.11 8:17

Cheshire Cat wrote:I am not suggesting that such a meeting offers any clues to the fate of Madeleine
I agree and as I have said from the beginning, it is not the McCann's who are the ones being protected here, but the reason why they were out there and other peoples identities. If it was the McCann's, forensically there would have been nothing left in the car to find, as this would have been taken care of for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Empty Sorry, but I really don't think it was so sophisticated.

Post by tigger 12.09.11 9:35

I'm really not happy with these theories. The main problem is that it would be equally easy to have a meeting in say a golf club in the UK or pretty well anywhere else. The idea that high powered wealthy people would stay in PdL OC to have an undercover conference doesn't really work for me.

Besides, the Leicester Hospital Group is hardly the cutting edge of NHS. Gerry (I have read two publications by him) is at best a mediocre medic. Kate (was she actually an anaesthetist?) as a locum GP is hardly industrial corruption material. The other doctors don't strike me as having the right connections for this sort of thing either.
If any industrial/medical discussions were going on, they'd be on a hugely higher level, where there is plenty of money to be used and allocated.

The presence of these odd people is still of interest. But don't forget that the statistical chances of meeting someone who has the same birthday as you is 50 % even in a party of 23 people!

In probability theory, the birthday problem or birthday paradox[1] pertains to the probability that, in a set of n randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. By the pigeonhole principle, the probability reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 366 (excluding February 29 births). However, 99% probability is reached with just 57 people, and 50% probability with 23 people. These conclusions are based on the assumption that each day of the year (except February 29) is equally probable for a birthday.
The mathematics behind this problem led to a well-known cryptographic attack called the birthday attack, which uses this probabilistic model to reduce the complexity of cracking a hash function.
tigger
tigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.11 10:30

tigger wrote:The idea that high powered wealthy people would stay in PdL OC to have an undercover conference doesn't really work for me.
Then why else would someone with the Oppenheimer fortune be staying at a resort like Ocean Club?

If you look at some of the other guests, the ones in Investment Banking and Medical Research, you will see that each of their companies have known working relationships with each other. Which probably means that there was another group all known to each other. Is that just a coincidence?

The Matrix Group now have numerous members of research staff, who are previously from the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Healthcare and Drug Licensing sectors and this is where the guest Robert Naylor who was signing into Madeleine's creche group every day, moved to in November 2008. At the time he was at OC, he worked for Landsbanki Securities.

All just one big coincidence?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support? - Page 5 Empty Oppenheimer

Post by tigger 12.09.11 14:39

2007 was the year the banks started to crumble. Anybody in the know would have tried to safeguard themselves in some way quite early.
The Landsbanki connection and Naylor in particular are certainly of interest linked to an accidental Oppenheim. Landsbanki went spectacularly bust didn't it? I'll have to look it up.
I think it's perfectly possible that some industrial/finance people came together, although it beats me why there? But I still think that the T9 are way too small fry for big boys like that. If you're going to use corruption, it's better to use people with power and influence.
They also had their children with them, wouldn't it have been better to use the golf weekends? Shouldn't he be in the roll call with the O's and the N's? That would make more sense to me.
Mind you, I think the letter from whathisname Edward.. stinks. Badly written too. Somebody lean on him?
I also wouldn't be surprised to find that the Oppenheimers live relatively sober lives. Very rich people often do. I had a couple of millionaire friends who just loved to get a bargain of any kind and hardly ever ate out!

But shouldn't we have seen something in the T7 coming out? anyone getting richer or getting yummy jobs? I only know that O'Brien thought his career was finished thanks to the McCs.
tigger
tigger

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top