The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Mm11

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Mm11

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Regist10

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 18:59

A blog run by muratfan began the New Year with this message:

Bennett Previous History To Be Investigated Regarding His Credit Unions

The HMRC are apparently investigating if Tony Bennett mis-used the funds in his now disbanded Credit Unions he set up. They are investigating complaints of more than one bank account was used for the accounts and for peoples money.

There is no mention of him defrauding customers, just syphoning away some money into his private accounts.

If you care to respond Bennett fire away please and i will retract it.

This message was subsequently reposted on JATYK by muratfan with this message:

Just been busy over Chrimbo

http://brenryanandco.blogspot.com/2010/01/bennett-previous-history-to-be.html

Anyway sent this, dunno how true it is but sod it anyway.

And so here we have a perfect example of McCann-believers and McCann-supporters at work. They simply do not care one jot if their posts are true or not. Mud is liberally hurled in the hope that some of it will stick or at least raise doubts in some people’s minds.

There’s no truth whatsoever in the above story. But since my interest in Credit Unions is out in the open, here’s a few brief facts about my involvement.

Credit Unions, very popular in the U.S. and Ireland, but less so here, are community-based banks, usually of interest to those on lower incomes, including those without bank accounts.

The idea is for people with a common interest to club together to form a sort of ‘people’s bank’. Thrift and the savings habit is encouraged by asking people to save a regular sum each week or month. Once you have been saving for an initial period, usually 10 weeks or so, you can then borrow up to 3 times that amount at a rate of interest that legally may not exceed 1% per month. People with a common interest might include e.g. people who live in a certain area, people who work in the same place, people who attend the same place of worship etc.

In 1979/80, whilst working as Harlow Council’s Principal Welfare Rights Adviser, in my own time I got a few people together to form a Community Credit Union, known initially as Harlow Credit Union, and based on the commonality of living in Harlow. It developed slowly but surely.

In 1985, the then General Manager of Harlow Council, Harry Platt (good man) invited me to his office to discuss forming a Council Credit Union for Council employees. He and I got a few people together, including the Chairmen of N.A.L.G.O. and N.U.P.E., the two Council trades unions (now merged as UNISON), and within a few months a successful Council Credit Union was launched. I was thus a founder Committee member of both Credit Unions. As member number 0002 I am its longest-running member and still save regularly with it.

Several years later, these two Credit Unions were merged to form what is now the Harlowsave Credit Union, along with two others. It’s a continuing success story; you can read a summary of its history on its website here:

http://www.harlowsave.coop/outline.html?http://www.harlowsave.coop/history.html

I didn’t do this for the money, I did it because I saw a need. I made no money out of it, and there is of course no HMRC investigation as muratfan claims. I’m glad it has been a success and has been of benefit to so many people.

When you review your life and what you’ve done and not done, you realise you’ve made some mistakes. But this is something that worked out O.K., anyway.

So who is muratfan, anyway? Some say he’s Norwich photographer Ian West. Some say it’s someone who works for Deutsche Bank. Some say muratfan is a ‘she’ not a ‘he’. Perhaps someone knows who muratfan really is, I don’t know. All I can say is that when our article about Robert Murat comes out shortly, s/he may not be quite such a fan as s/he is now.

Oh, and one other thing.

Since the allegation about an HMRC investigation is wholly untrue, both muratfan and bonnybraes/ms marbles ought to delete that posting forthwith.

As strong McCann-supporters, they wouldn’t want to be thought of as promoting an outright lie.

Would they?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty Re: The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 19:04

Tony please check your PMs.

ty

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty Re: The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions

Post by Guest 02.01.10 20:44

Oh dear Mr Bennett you posted this rubbish

So who is muratfan, anyway? Some say he’s Norwich photographer Ian West. Some say it’s someone who works for Deutsche Bank. Some say muratfan is a ‘she’ not a ‘he’. Perhaps someone knows who muratfan really is, I don’t know. All I can say is that when our article about Robert Murat comes out shortly, s/he may not be quite such a fan as s/he is now.

Now ask your mate Stevo why he had to delete his wordpress blog and issue a grovelling apology to the Photographer. Not only did he get the wrong person, he got the wrong poster and everything wrong.

Now you are repeating it again so you are again liable for libel, and i know the Ian West (photographer) did threaten legal action as he was labelled vile things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 20:46

rockyrobin wrote:Oh dear Mr Bennett you posted this rubbish

Now ask your mate Stevo why he had to delete his wordpress blog and issue a grovelling apology to the Photographer. Not only did he get the wrong person, he got the wrong poster and everything wrong.

Now you are repeating it again so you are again liable for libel, and i know the Ian West (photographer) did threaten legal action as he was labelled vile things.
Tell me precisely what is libellous about saying: "Some people think muratfan might be Ian West"?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 20:52

Tony Bennett wrote:

Tell me precisely what is libellous about saying: "Some people think muratfan might be Ian West"?

I think that would be the 'Norwich Photographer' part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.10 21:01

And saying that the photographer was a pervert and suggesting he was a paedophile for taking photos of girls. I mean come on loads of photographers do that don't they. Are they all going to be labelled.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 21:11

Maybe Mr Bennett was unaware of the disgusting stuff that had been printed about this man. I can't imagine he would bring it all up again on a forum if he knew.

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty A puzzling post by 'rockyrobin'

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 21:12

rockyrobin wrote:And saying that the photographer was a pervert and suggesting he was a paedophile for taking photos of girls. I mean come on loads of photographers do that don't they. Are they all going to be labelled.
Who by?

Not me.

It appears to be you throwing out all the allegations.

It is YOU who are linking the name of Ian West to these allegations.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 21:13

vaguely wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Well, let me try again, then.

Tell me precisely what is libellous about saying: "Some people think muratfan might be Ian West, the Norwich photographer"?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 21:14

Tony Bennett wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:And saying that the photographer was a pervert and suggesting he was a paedophile for taking photos of girls. I mean come on loads of photographers do that don't they. Are they all going to be labelled.
Who by?

Not me.

It appears to be you throwing out all the allegations.

It is YOU who are linking the name of Ian West to these allegations.

No, it was all done by Stevo a while back. Which is why I'm surprised this businessman's name has been dragged in to this again.

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 02.01.10 21:14

I thought it was yet another Marsden production.

Although if anyone wants me to to believe he did it all on his own, without any input from Mr Bennett, then they can talk to the hand.
preciousramotswe

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 21:16

Tony Bennett wrote:
vaguely wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Tell me precisely what is libellous about saying: "Some people think muratfan might be Ian West, the Norwich photographer"?

Because muratfan has a history. as you well know.

and a man who is trying to earn his livelihood and has never been on the forums doesn't need linking to the name muratfan.

plus the lovely little job that Stevo did on him previously has already tied him to accusations as listed above.

Libellous or not - morally it's not a great idea.

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty Ian West stuff - gone?

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 21:16

vaguely wrote:Maybe Mr Bennett was unaware of the disgusting stuff that had been printed about this man. I can't imagine he would bring it all up again on a forum if he knew.
Well, I don't know what has been printed about Ian West. It seems to be the McCann-believers on this forum who know all about it, maybe you are making the serious mistake of drawing atention to this stuff, though from what you all say it's been taken down, it's gone now isn't it?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 21:19

vaguely wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
vaguely wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Because muratfan has a history. as you well know.

and a man who is trying to earn his livelihood and has never been on the forums doesn't need linking to the name muratfan.

plus the lovely little job that Stevo did on him previously has already tied him to accusations as listed above.

Libellous or not - morally it's not a great idea.
What makes you think that 'muratfan' is a single individual?

Anyway, what is muratfan's history, apart from making up lie after lie after lie on forums and his/her own blogs?

And getting banned right, left and centre, except on JATYK where s/he is warmly embraced, nay revered.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 21:20

Tony Bennett wrote:
vaguely wrote:Maybe Mr Bennett was unaware of the disgusting stuff that had been printed about this man. I can't imagine he would bring it all up again on a forum if he knew.
Well, I don't know what has been printed about Ian West. It seems to be the McCann-believers on this forum who know all about it, maybe you are making the serious mistake of drawing atention to this stuff, though from what you all say it's been taken down, it's gone now isn't it?

What the heck does having a dislike of outing someone have to do with being a 'McCann Believer' and how does using an inflammatory term like that actually help anything?

You brought up the name of a businessman and his location and a description of his business - I pm'd you to let you know that this was something that had been done to this person before.

now it all comes down to 'McCann believers'?

that's disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 02.01.10 21:21

Tony Bennett wrote:
What makes you think that 'muratfan' is a single individual?

Anyway, what is muratfan's history, apart from making up lie after lie after lie on forums and his/her own blogs?

And getting banned right, left and centre, except on JATYK where s/he is warmly embraced, nay revered.

EXACTLY. Therefore why are you linking a third party to him/her/it??????? That is my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 02.01.10 21:24

If my memory has not completely failed me, at one time Mr Bennett was quite the fan of the blog in question.

But then, things are so much changed it's hard to keep up with it.

Why, I remember when he and Debbie Butler and Steve Marsden were the veritable Three Musketeers.

All a long time ago now, about 9 or 10 weeks I think.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.10 21:29

Mr Bennett, obviously your memory is very short. IT IS IN YOUR POST WHERE YOU NAME HIM. Try to read your own posts.
As for not knowing about what was said, IT WAS ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE (THE FOUNDATION WEBSITE)...There was a link to another site. So are you now saying you did not know what was on your own site?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.10 21:41

Here is the apology

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/apology-to-ian-west-photographer/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 23:22

vaguely wrote:What the heck does having a dislike of outing someone have to do with being a 'McCann Believer' and how does using an inflammatory term like that actually help anything?

You brought up the name of a businessman and his location and a description of his business - I pm'd you to let you know that this was something that had been done to this person before.

now it all comes down to 'McCann believers'? that's disgusting.
Steady on.

What in the world is 'inflammatory' about calling someone a 'McCann-believer'?

Next you'll be saying it's 'inflammatory' to call someone a 'Christian believer' or a 'Global Warming believer' or for the Monkees to sing 'I'm a Believer' or 'Daydream Believer'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViC0K-zifk

I call someone a 'McCann-believer' if they believe the McCanns' account that Madeleine was abducted and generally believe that the McCanns are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what really happened to Madeleine.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that description applies to 'vaguely', 'rockyrobin' and 'badmanners', who so far as I can see are the only three people on this thread making libellous references to Ian West.

All I've done is to simply state that some people think that 'muratfan' is Ian West.

That's a plain, unvarnished fact, isn't it?

I'll say it again: Some people think that 'muratfan' is Ian West, the Norwich photographer.

A true statement.

Nothing libellous about it whasoever.

You three are the ones dragging up all sorts of claims about Ian West.

Not me.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 02.01.10 23:25

Wrong again.
I never even mentioned the guy.

I think you need to calm down a bit tonight, actually.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.10 23:26

The lack of some people's self awarness is absolutely STUNNING.

They dish it out but can't take it back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The truth about Tony Bennett and the two Harlow Credit Unions Empty Don't mention Ian West

Post by Tony Bennett 02.01.10 23:30

Raffle wrote:The lack of some people's self awarness is absolutely STUNNING. They dish it out but can't take it back.
Indeed.

To think that this thread began by the exposure of an outrageous lie by muratfan.

Not one McCann-believer on this thread writes to condemn that disgraceful conduct.

Yet they are consumed with angst about the mere mention of Ian West!

I wonder why?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 02.01.10 23:36

Apart from pointing out that I have never yet in this thread uttered the name of the person that you clearly believe to be Muratfan, I will just say this: I have frequently been a critic of that particular blog for the simple reason that there is enough that is shocking and awful which is also true in this entire affair and therefore the injection of false or wholly speculative stories does nothing other than cloud the issues.

I wish all who do it would stop it, because it's silly.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie 02.01.10 23:43

Tony Bennett wrote:
Raffle wrote:The lack of some people's self awarness is absolutely STUNNING. They dish it out but can't take it back.
Indeed.

To think that this thread began by the exposure of an outrageous lie by muratfan.

Not one McCann-believer on this thread writes to condemn that disgraceful conduct.

Yet they are consumed with angst about the mere mention of Ian West!

I wonder why?

Well I will condemn it there you go,and I do not condemn it half heartedly either,I think the statement made on the first post of this thread is out of order, just because I do not agree with some of the pathways you tread does not mean I will take on board any nonsense printed online about you.

I deal in facts Mr.B and that post is nothing less than libellous and out of order!
Stephanie
Stephanie

Activity : 86

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top