The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by PeterMac on 24.04.13 22:54

I post this with full acknowledgements, and full of praise for the clarity of thought and simplicity of presentation of Anna Andress
http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/kate-mccann-and-those-death-threats.html

SATURDAY, 20 APRIL 2013
Kate McCann and those Death Threats!

"DEATH THREAT FEAR FOR TWINS"

That's the newspaper headline we see as the video opens. So, where is this unspecified threat? I've never seen any online or otherwise threats to the McCann twins.
"We both feel very strongly that more should be done about internet abuse."

I feel like that too, Mrs McCann. I've never been abusive towards anyone on the internet, but a couple of years ago I had to place comments on this blog on pre-moderation because I was receiving vile abuse and death threats from people purporting to be supporting you. Someone actually went to the trouble of setting up a blog about me, giving my full address. Not only that, but they included my son's name too. That's what I call abuse and I do think more should be done about it. I contacted Google, who informed me that their procedure was to take down pages hosted by them only when there was a legal order to do so. Now, you may be able to afford the services of Carter-Ruck at around £600/hour to take down web pages, but this ordinary person can't.

"People wouldn't get away with behaving like that on the street and yet they can hide behind a computer at home."

Mrs McCann, the name on the heading of this blog is my real name. I may be sitting at home on my computer, but you have been sitting behind a PR spokesperson for nearly six years now and have used very expensive legal representatives to sue those whom you have seen as speaking out against you in ways that you don't like. Most of us sitting at home behind computers don't have those options. Do you agree with people who post personal details, like mine, online? Do you agree with the posting of lies on such a blog? How about a well-known forum where people who claim to be supporting you have posted vile abuse about Jimmy Savile's victims, saying those victims were just out for money? Do you think that's OK? How about the person on Twitter, who goes by the name "Muratfan," who doesn't discuss information presented, but simply posts abusive comments? Is that OK with you? I am left to assume that all of the above is OK with you, that those who are posting vile abuse online, stating that they are supporting you and your hubby, Mrs McCann, do so with your approval because I have not seen anything from you that disagrees with their behaviour. That kind of abuse is OK then?

And how about Pamela Gurney, aka "The Balloon Dancer," who seems to spend 24 hours a day online, hurling abuse on YouTube, Twitter etc at anyone who disagrees with her unconditional support of you? If I'm ever in trouble, I hope that I have the unconditional support of my family and my good friends, but Lord save me from the kind of support you get, Mrs McCann. Not the kind of support I would find helpful. Me? I'd make sure everyone knew I'd disowned that type of person.

THE mother of Madeleine McCann is terrified for her other two children after receiving sick online death threats.
Kate, whose eldest daughter disappeared aged three in 2007, told how internet trolls have vowed to kill her this weekend. (Daily Star April 19th)

Online "death threats."? Plural? Where? The video mentions one comment on a Facebook page, which was investigated by the police and found not to be a serious threat against Kate McCann's life.

And why should Kate McCann be terrified for her "other two children"? Has anyone threatened those children? If so, where? When? Who would threaten the McCann twins, now aged eight? In my opinion, no one who has followed this case since Madeleine disappeared into thin air and the shutter were found not to have been "jemmied." No one who is concerned because one child has been harmed (if Maddie was abducted, abduction is not harmless for children) would wish to harm or threaten to harm two more.

If there are online death threats other than the cleared Facebook one, then someone show them to me, please, because I haven't seen them.

And finally!

But she told ITV Daybreak host Lorraine Kelly: “Even sometimes when I do think they’re cowards and I’m not even going to go there, I think about my children and I think it’s not right that they should come across stuff like that as well."

Stuff like what? Mrs McCann, you claim to have written your book "Madeleine," for your twins and for Madeleine. Do you think it's OK to write a book for small children in which you refer to a police family liaison officer as a f*cking t*sser and on page 129 of that book to describe what you imagine a paedophile doing to your daughter?
Is that the kind of "stuff" that's OK for Sean and Amelie to read?
That may be the stuff of your nightmares, but your children don't need to read about it.

Disown "Muratfan," Mrs Trolley and the rest of those vile people who hide behind their computers, accusing victims of sexual abuse to be just after money and I might think that all this publicity recently wasn't just because the anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance was coming up and there was the annual opportunity to fill the coffers of your private limited company, otherwise known as "The Madeleine Fund."

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TONY BENNETT! TONY BENNETT!

Post by Guest on 24.04.13 23:22

Great article. I chose the post title in order to attract the attention of Carter-Ruck.

Read and digest this please.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by celtclogs on 25.04.13 4:56

Great article

celtclogs

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by PeterMac on 25.04.13 7:32

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Great article. I chose the post title in order to attract the attention of Carter-Ruck.
Read and digest this please.

Carter-Ruck can surely not continue to defend them after this proof of their manipulation of the truth . . .
Oh, Yes. Sorry. I forgot.

As you were !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by Spandex on 25.04.13 7:37

Absolutely brillaint weel said!!!!

____________________


Spandex

Posts : 22
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aiyoyo on 25.04.13 7:42

This brilliant post should be sent to the Official Find Madeleine website, or CR website since CR monitor internet abuse for the Mccanns.

If there is a feedback or comment section on CR website all the pro-mccanns trolls abuse of those disbelievers should be directed to CR for their clients.

CR should do a proper job, and not be selective about forum they monitor.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by PeterMac on 25.04.13 8:19

@aiyoyo wrote:CR should do a proper job, and not be selective about forum they monitor.
The definition of a "proper job" is one for which you are paid.

C-R and indeed many lawyers do not care about the truth of what they do. They care about whether the bill will be paid on time.

Consider a criminal prosecution.
If at any stage during the preparation or the presentation of a case the Prosecution become aware that the accused is clearly not guilty, the case will be dropped. Immediately.
If at any stage during the preparation or the presentation of a case the Defence become aware that the accused is clearly Guilty - they will simply redouble their efforts to "get him off".


____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by ShuBob on 25.04.13 10:28

@aiyoyo wrote:This brilliant post should be sent to the Official Find Madeleine website, or CR website since CR monitor internet abuse for the Mccanns.

If there is a feedback or comment section on CR website all the pro-mccanns trolls abuse of those disbelievers should be directed to CR for their clients.

CR should do a proper job, and not be selective about forum they monitor.

The shocking truth is that the McCanns and their acolytes ARE VERY MUCH AWARE about these things done in their name

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by Guest on 25.04.13 10:40

On the same subject, from spudgun .....

Wednesday, 24 April 2013




Clarence, the McCanns and the thwarted VENTURE...


http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/clarence-mccanns-and-thwarted-venture.html


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by plebgate on 25.04.13 15:13

@ShuBob wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:This brilliant post should be sent to the Official Find Madeleine website, or CR website since CR monitor internet abuse for the Mccanns.

If there is a feedback or comment section on CR website all the pro-mccanns trolls abuse of those disbelievers should be directed to CR for their clients.

CR should do a proper job, and not be selective about forum they monitor.

The shocking truth is that the McCanns and their acolytes ARE VERY MUCH AWARE about these things done in their name

They seem to be aware of the orrible, vile nutters who ask questions, so I find it hard to believe that they would not be aware of things their "supporters" post.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by plebgate on 25.04.13 15:23

Excellent posts from Anna and Spudgun.

I am really glad that Spudgun has made it clear that Mrs. Basher was not cautioned.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by russiandoll on 25.04.13 15:32

agreed, excellent posts, concise and hitting the nail on the head.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spudgun's Post - with many thanks

Post by PeterMac on 25.04.13 16:36

@plebgate wrote:
I am really glad that Spudgun has made it clear that Mrs. Basher was not cautioned.
I think that is important for every to be able to see, including you KEVIN, and therefore take the liberty of copying his post here.
With acknowledgements to Spudgun, and thanks for all he has done towards trying to discover the truth about what happened to Madeleine over the years.
http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/clarence-mccanns-and-thwarted-venture.html

wednesday, 24 april 2013
Clarence, the McCanns and the thwarted VENTURE...
Clarence Mitchell, (not to mention his famous Clients), is surely fuming.
He has spent the past couple of weeks, regaling every Newspaper, journal, broadcaster and Media outlet with his PRESS releases, ensuring that they are all singing from the same song sheet regarding Kate McCanns’ “heroic feats” in running the London Marathon.
The pivotal angle of the whole story being that the Mother of missing Madeleine McCann COMPETED in this year’s London Marathon whilst running in the shadow of DEATH threats, issued on a Social Networking site and specifically centred on her Marathon appearance.
Ever since the parents of Madeleine, Kate and Gerry, received a HUGE payout and front page apology from Express Newspapers in 2008 for their coverage of the case of the missing girl, (despite their being NO Court case or litigation), the UK MEDIA has been united in its sycophantic, servile and slavish devotion to the McCann’s each and every whim, as dictated by their ubiquitous “Spokesperson” Clarence Mitchell.

As concocted by ‘Team McCann’ or their agents, (including highly paid ‘Private Detectives’, most of whom have subsequently been embroiled in serious, Criminal activities), over the past few years the UK Press have intermittently and variously informed us that..........
Madeleine was abducted by Middle Eastern perverts.... Moroccan Gangsters...Saudi Arabian paedophile rings....Bosnian mobsters......Robert Murat look-alikes......African ‘steal-to-order’ child-nappers......now-deceased Sex offenders and nefarious Gypsies.......not to mention the innumerable “absolute certain” sightings in Belgium, Malta, Spain, France, Britain, Brazil, the Netherlands, New Zealand and India.
All of these stories were linked by a single, inarguable factor:-
Not ONE of them had a single iota of credibility or evidence to substantiate them.
As I have blogged previously, the infamous INDIA sighting, (at LEAST), was demonstrably FABRICATED.
2013, however, had hitherto seen something of a lean period for Mr. Mitchell regarding opportunities to get his clients involved in any extensive Media coverage.
Consequently, ‘Team McCann’, (the ‘affectionate’ term used for their vast entourage of wealthy backers, business moguls, Legal Eagles and ‘Z’ List celebrities), must have been utterly ECSTATIC at the rather crass post made by a lady called Sheila Basher on her Facebook account.
Commenting on a discussion about Mrs. McCann’s widely publicised intention to run in the London Marathon, she wrote:-
“Well I am going. Anyone got a gun? BBBanggggg?”
Quite.
Not that it is of any consequence, it should be noted the comment was intended to be a humorous play on the ‘starting pistol’ scenario, but its connotation and ambiguity is both OBVIOUS and was intended.
Inarguably, it was a childish, puerile and insensitive comment, worthy only of disdain.
To properly afford it the contempt it deserved would be to have completely ignored it, along with the other, multitudinous, potentially offensive posts made on Social Networking sites about not just the McCann’s, but anyone and EVERYONE who has ever featured prominently in the public eye
To Clarence Mitchell and the McCann’s, however, (along with their ever expanding army of watchers, monitors, trolls and Internet spies), Ms. Basher’s faux pas was pure Manna from Heaven!
The machine quickly went into overdrive......
“Marathon gun nut’s threat to kill Kate!”
“Cops Probe Vile Web DEATH Threat to Mum of missing Madeleine”
“Sick Internet Troll threatens to GUN DOWN Kate McCann as she runs the London Marathon"
“Chilling message by sick internet troll threatening to shoot Madeleine McCann's mother”


The Tabloids were banging out splashes as quick as Clarence could type them! Each and every report was accompanied with the assurance that the Police, New Scotland Yard or the MET were “actively investigating”....”looking into”.......”conducting inquiries”.....

The most solemn and powerful words, however, were reserved for Mr. Mitchell and Mrs. McCann themselves:
“This material has been brought to the attention of the police. One of the posts is actually a death threat and is being dealt with appropriately”, declared Mitchell.
According to the Daily STAR, “THE mother of Madeleine McCann is terrified for her other two children after receiving sick online death threats”.
Of course, one cannot directly expect either the McCann’s OR Mitchell to account for the ramblings of the Media, (even if Clarence DOES dictate them).
However, they CAN be taken to task for their OWN musings and comments.
ESPECIALLY when they are not only wildly inaccurate, but are clearly contrived and fabricated in order to gain wider publicity and benefit from a situation they are arguing is INJURIOUS.
For the RECORD, (and for what you WON’T be reading in the Press, any day soon):-
The police “investigation” (described by Mitchell as being "dealt with appropriately"), was entirely limited to, and consisted OF, a single CORDIAL telephone call made to Ms. Basher at her home by a police officer.
Having quickly availed himself of the facts surrounding the posting, and having satisfied himself that Basher is clearly NOT a “gun nut” or anyone who posed ANY kind of threat to anyone, the matter was CLOSED.
ALSO, contrary to what is being widely reported in some tabloids, (and especially elaborated on in a number of blogs and websites created by and subscribed to by ardent supporters of the McCann’s), Sheila Basher was NOT cautioned, nor was she “warned”, regarding her behaviour.

It was obviously put to her that her actions were tactless, childish and unacceptable, points which she fully agreed with, and she was happy to reassure the officer that there wouldn’t be any repetition of the posting or any others made of a similar nature.

Mitchell KNOWS that, not by any stretch of the imagination could Bashers’ comments be construed as a threat to kill or even cause harm to Kate McCann. Not in any LEGAL context, as defined by any Statute, the Offences against the Person’s Act, 1861, and not by any real inference.
Furthermore he, (along with the McCann’s themselves), was most unequivocally and without prevarication informed by the police, subsequent to their conversation with Basher, that there was absolutely NO danger posed by her, or anyone else, to Kate McCann.
Which rather disparages Kate’s statement that she is “terrified for her other two children after receiving sick online death threats”.
I am NOT seeking to excuse, exonerate or trivialise Ms. Basher’s behaviour in any way, but this whole affair DOES, succinctly, illustrate the degree to which Clarence Mitchell will conceive and propagate false information and fabricated stories for the McCann’s benefit.

Of course, that is both his vocation and his speciality, skills honed in his role as the Government’s Media Monitoring Unit, for both the Labour AND Conservative administrations, (ANYONE who bats so willingly for both sides of the political spectrum has to be viewed with some trepidation in my opinion, but I digress!).
AND, of course, were it the fact that his most famous clients were Celebrities or Socialites, one could forgive him his propensity for inventing and concocting, indeed, even EXPECT it of him.
BUT.......despite their obvious fame and recognition, the McCann’s are NOT Celebrities.
They are, ostensibly, the distraught parents of a little girl who was abducted in 2007 and for whom, (according to them), they are actively and incessantly searching.

And whilst Kate McCann’s proposal to run the London Marathon for the Charity for which she is an Ambassador was admirable enough, (as were the efforts of the 36,000 OTHER participants), her venture did not warrant the unprecedented and extensive level of Media coverage, attention and adulation that she was due to be afforded, courtesy of Mitchell’s PRESS releases, all based on a fable.
Coverage and adulation she WOULD, unquestionably, have received with photo spreads and tales of stoicism and heroic bravery galore in every newspaper, were it not for one, unforeseen factor:-
Almost 3,300 miles away, TRUE bravery was being exhibited by many at a Marathon where a TRUE threat to kill......... was only all too real.
Consequently, preoccupying the entire World’s Media with tales of barbaric atrocity and evil.
AND, consequently, relegating Mrs. McCanns’ heroics to a mere few column inches.

Proving that, whilst 'Team McCann' exert a huge influence and control over the Media and even on the INTERNET; they haven't yet managed to manipulate Global events.

God bless Madeleine McCann, wherever you may be............

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aiyoyo on 25.04.13 20:04

You have to really wonder why CM continues to do what he does for the Mccanns.
6 years on and he's not letting up, or letting go of it despite SY being on the Review now.
Apart from the obvious retainer sum what else could be in it for him to protect Mccanns' interest?
The retainer fee must be quite handsome (maybe more than his pay from his other full time job) to make it worth his while to lie incessantly for them? You would think he must be doing really badly for job and money to continue to lick Mccanns boots and destroy his credibility and his reputation in the process.
Post Mccanns he hasnt been doing well, drifting from one job to another, and not really settling into anything of any impact.
Apart from the Mccanns who praised him, no one of significance came out to praise his work for the mccanns.
He did not land any big and important and lasting position post Mccanns.

I really cant get my head round why he continues to toe their line so obediently, unless he's up shit creek and would be without a paddle too when the lid comes off.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by margaret on 25.04.13 20:15

[quote="aiyoyo"

I really cant get my head round why he continues to toe their line so obediently, unless he's up shit creek and would be without a paddle too when the lid comes off.[/quote]

Exactly what l think. He'll be there until the end to save his own bum and if they get caught he'll deny all knowledge and start touting his book that will no doubt be published.....

He's in it for the glory (well he thinks he's the king of PR, IMO he's th Gerald Ratner of the PR world) and the money, like they all are.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by Guest on 25.04.13 20:16

Aiyoyo, I too find it odd that 6 years later the McCanns still have a PR spokesman. I cannot ever remember this happening before. Why on earth would they need one now, it is not as if they are besieged by the press like in the first few days, and under immense pressure, or at the time they were made arguidos. Why on earth can they not communicate or answer any questions from media/press themselves........it is very strange indeed. It is only celebrities that generally have PR people around them. Can anyone else think of a case like this, the only one that comes to mind recently is S.Dewani, and I wonder if Max Clifford still represents him, after what has recently happened to him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by maebee on 25.04.13 22:36

@aiyoyo wrote:You have to really wonder why CM continues to do what he does for the Mccanns.
6 years on and he's not letting up, or letting go of it despite SY being on the Review now.
Apart from the obvious retainer sum what else could be in it for him to protect Mccanns' interest?
The retainer fee must be quite handsome (maybe more than his pay from his other full time job) to make it worth his while to lie incessantly for them? You would think he must be doing really badly for job and money to continue to lick Mccanns boots and destroy his credibility and his reputation in the process.
Post Mccanns he hasnt been doing well, drifting from one job to another, and not really settling into anything of any impact.
Apart from the Mccanns who praised him, no one of significance came out to praise his work for the mccanns.
He did not land any big and important and lasting position post Mccanns.

I really cant get my head round why he continues to toe their line so obediently, unless he's up shit creek and would be without a paddle too when the lid comes off.

God post yoyo. It is indeed hard to understand why he has stuck with them for the past six years as he must have read every single word written about the case and anybody who has, would know that the McStory just does not add up. IIRC, his wife miscarried just after he joined TM and he stayed in Portugal to be with the Mcs rather than return to England to be with his wife. Very strange indeed. Shame on his pre-decessors Justine McGuinness and Esther McVey for not coming clean about why they quit the job of being spokespersons for the McCanns.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 480
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by roy rovers on 25.04.13 22:48

CM and C-R are acting as AGENTS for the McCanns - that's all. No worries for them.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by PeterMac on 25.04.13 23:05

@maebee wrote: It is indeed hard to understand why he has stuck with them for the past six years as he must have read every single word written about the case and anybody who has, would know that the McStory just does not add up. .
I often wonder if he HAS ever bothered to read up on the case.
We know that even the best Libel Lawyers in the land, possibly even in the World, did not bother to read the book, and simply, and in my opinion, therefore professionally negligently and blindly - without apparently doing even the absolute minimum of "due diligence" - accepted what they had been told, without seeing further confirmation.
It was confessed thus, under oath. They had no evidence of "abduction'.
They could not bring any before the Court, and therefore there was no reason why they, as a firm or as individuals, should believe what they had been told.
Nevertheless, as lawyers, they tried it on, in the High Court.
They said it, under oath, hoping that it would be accepted.
And Guess what, someone challenged it ! That cannot have been a happy moment for Mrs Matorell !
They are Lawyers,
They do it for money.
30 pieces of silver, is the going rate. But they charge slightly more these days.
300,000 pounds of Gold seems to be the modern day equivalent.

Hello Kevin. Enjoying your career as an internet stalker ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aquila on 25.04.13 23:25

@roy rovers wrote:CM and C-R are acting as AGENTS for the McCanns - that's all. No worries for them.

I agree, it's just another day another dollar. The McCanns aren't their only client. If the McCanns business is lost it wouldn't mean much in the great scheme of things. The McCanns have been useful to their businesses in terms of profile but if they go they go. No skin off CM or CR's nose - they were employed to deliver a service and that's what they did.

The McCanns couldn't have possibly afforded the services of CM and CR. Whether these people/companies were paid for by the Fund or other generous benefactors or indeed the kind hearts of CM and CR to discount/work for free makes not a jot of difference.

The moment the bills aren't paid or the usefulness of the McCanns wains it doesn't matter if they lose a client.

It doesn't matter whether your lawyer likes you or believes you. It doesn't matter whether your PR person likes you or believes you.

Shame about Madeleine caught up in all of this though because for all of the money spent on PR and expensive lawyers there is a little girl whose own parents didn't believe her when she asked them why they didn't come when she and Sean were crying....it's a crying shame.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aiyoyo on 26.04.13 10:57

It's truth that lawyers dont have to like or believe their clients.
But PR person is somewhat different - even if you don't believe your client, you must at least like them, else how can you spin for them and keep it up for so long.

If you do because you have no choice, as in if you are a PR man in a big organisation where you are required to come out and bullshit from time to time to damage control a situation, then it is a situation you're having to deal with - it's your job as PR man to handle the situation. But the Mccanns are not an organisation and there's only one situation in their case to damage control- ie their reputation -thus it is more personal than corporate. In that sense there must be a certain level or respect and liking for them from CM in order for him to do the job effectively.

If it was only a job to him, and he's no affection for the Mccanns, then logically he could have and should have given it up years ago. Under the treacherous circumstances , his lasting loyalty and blind support of them is not normal of professional client-employee relationship. His unrelenting support shows he's gone beyond the professional aspect, and he's personal and liked by the Mccanns and vice versa. The two predecessors before him didn't last long, and that happens when the trust between client-employee is gone.
For CM to last so long with the Mccanns there must be a high level of trust between them; meaning he must like them else how can he trust them.




aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aquila on 26.04.13 13:42

@aiyoyo wrote:It's truth that lawyers dont have to like or believe their clients.
But PR person is somewhat different - even if you don't believe your client, you must at least like them, else how can you spin for them and keep it up for so long.

If you do because you have no choice, as in if you are a PR man in a big organisation where you are required to come out and bullshit from time to time to damage control a situation, then it is a situation you're having to deal with - it's your job as PR man to handle the situation. But the Mccanns are not an organisation and there's only one situation in their case to damage control- ie their reputation -thus it is more personal than corporate. In that sense there must be a certain level or respect and liking for them from CM in order for him to do the job effectively.

If it was only a job to him, and he's no affection for the Mccanns, then logically he could have and should have given it up years ago. Under the treacherous circumstances , his lasting loyalty and blind support of them is not normal of professional client-employee relationship. His unrelenting support shows he's gone beyond the professional aspect, and he's personal and liked by the Mccanns and vice versa. The two predecessors before him didn't last long, and that happens when the trust between client-employee is gone.
For CM to last so long with the Mccanns there must be a high level of trust between them; meaning he must like them else how can he trust them.




That's not how PR works. It's sad but true. PR has no need for truth. CM has made a personal PR triumph in representing the McCanns. Why would any PR professional walk away from that?

ETA. In PR it is getting your client to like you and trust you not vice versa.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by bobbin on 26.04.13 14:39

Perhaps CM has his eye on the next main chance, the book, the memoirs, the film, a never ending tribute, a fantasy-fest of unstinting aplomb and adulation [oh such adulation], with of course its inevitable, eternal flow of funds to be laundered for a small charge via acquaintances met along his dark and [sometimes] dismal road, the one he often felt that he was treading, in caustic fear for his own life, nausea all too often rising in his throat, when the gripping sense of terror would be superseded only by a sense of feeling "so singularly alone", yet somehow, biting back the vomit, he doggedly managed to remain committed to seeing it all through to the bitter end, showing how he single-handedly lead the McConns on, to finally expose themselves.
He was of course playing devil's advocate all along, so convincing an act as to raise not a jot of suspicion, in order to fulfill his long-term mission of luring them into a false sense of security, so that they would finally blow their game apart and CM would [also finally] be able to luxuriate in how he 'knew' it all along but couldn't let the cat out of the bag before the McConns dealt their own final blow with a shot in both of their feet that would rebound off a can of beans that had recently fallen off a shelf, and deliver the coup de grace to both of themselves simultaneously, just missing CM's heart but passing near his lungs and pink rinse bouffant, and grazing his good, nay, "unblemished", perhaps even, "immaculate", yet abidingly "perspicacious", character en route.
With just a few tweaks, this is the opening passage to "How I dunnit, by me, myself" Printed by Mitchel and Boon. available in a "dumpster, somewhere near you, soon" Price, Priceless.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by aquila on 26.04.13 14:44

@bobbin wrote:Perhaps CM has his eye on the next main chance, the book, the memoirs, the film, a never ending tribute, a fantasy-fest of unstinting aplomb and adulation [oh such adulation], with of course its inevitable, eternal flow of funds to be laundered for a small charge via acquaintances met along his dark and [sometimes] dismal road, the one he often felt that he was treading, in caustic fear for his own life, nausea all too often rising in his throat, when the gripping sense of terror would be superseded only by a sense of feeling "so singularly alone", yet somehow, biting back the vomit, he doggedly managed to remain committed to seeing it all through to the bitter end, showing how he single-handedly lead the McConns on, to finally expose themselves.
He was of course playing devil's advocate all along, so convincing an act as to raise not a jot of suspicion, in order to fulfill his long-term mission of luring them into a false sense of security, so that they would finally blow their game apart and CM would [also finally] be able to luxuriate in how he 'knew' it all along but couldn't let the cat out of the bag before the McConns dealt their own final blow with a shot in both of their feet that would rebound off a can of beans that had recently fallen off a shelf, and deliver the coup de grace to both of themselves simultaneously, just missing CM's heart but passing near his lungs and pink rinse bouffant, and grazing his good, nay, "unblemished", perhaps even, "immaculate", yet abidingly "perspicacious", character en route.
With just a few tweaks, this is the opening passage to "How I dunnit, by me, myself" Printed by Mitchel and Boon. available in a "dumpster, somewhere near you, soon" Price, Priceless.

Bobbin, that's class.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A brilliant post fromThe Anna Andress blog spot - plus Spudgun latest.... Should be sent to everyone.

Post by ShuBob on 26.04.13 14:49

From as early as 2007 I was of the opinion that Clarence was neck-deep in whatever the McCanns are involved in. There are allegations he advised the McCanns their phones were bugged and there is evidence he was pushed from the MMU. When the McCanns were aguidos, Clarence was briefing the press against the third arguido Robert Murat. What he's done goes way beyond what one would expect of a mere PR person. Whilst early supporters like Jill Renwick and Esther McVey have cut their ties at least publicly, Clarence remains. IMO, he's still around as much to protect HIMSELF as he does the McCanns.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum