The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas 7 - Page 2 Mm11

Tapas 7 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas 7 - Page 2 Mm11

Tapas 7 - Page 2 Regist10

Tapas 7

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapas 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas 7

Post by Guest 21.05.16 19:17

Back on topic, please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 21.05.16 19:29

aquila wrote:

A covert moderator? crikey, you're really scraping the barrel here.
Well, perhaps you'd care to explain how you can add comments to your postings without an edited sign appearing. Maybe I was way off course in accusing you of being a covert moderator, perhaps there's a more logical explanation. ie your being a distant relative of the late Tommy Cooper.

Okay, Ladyinred, your warning came too late for the aforementioned aside.
Realist

Activity : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 21.05.16 20:05

They popped up when there was money involved. That money that supposedly went in the "fund".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.05.16 20:07

Realist wrote:
aquila wrote:

A covert moderator? crikey, you're really scraping the barrel here.
Well, perhaps you'd care to explain how you can add comments to your postings without an edited sign appearing. Maybe I was way off course in accusing you of being a covert moderator, perhaps there's a more logical explanation. ie your being a distant relative of the late Tommy Cooper.

Okay, Ladyinred, your warning came too late for the aforementioned aside.
If a post is edited before another post is made then an edited sign won't appear.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41596

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 21.05.16 21:25

Realist wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Sometimes I forget just how big a part these people played in this case... their 'bizarre' rogatory statements, their unwillingness to go back and do the re-construction.. their 'payout', their 'sightings'
(Jane Tanner specifically) , Matthew's alleged last check... their 'big round table', their alleged nonsensical 'checking routine' like musical chairs... their 'ums and errs'..and shocking memories...their 'pact' etc etc
In the case of Dr. Oldfield, Helen, he certainly wasn't prepared to put his head on the block for the McCanns regarding his alleged check at 9 25 pm. He wasn't prepared to state whether Madeleine was in the apt. or not. That's because at the time, he didn't know what had happened to her and when she had disappeared.

It would have been particularly embarrassing for him to have stated she was there at that time, only to discover at a subsequent stage, the police could show she had disappeared earlier. Its my opinion they didn't want to do the McCanns any harm, but by the same hypothesis, they weren't prepared to commit themselves into saying anything that could later be disproved, thereby implicating themselves.

One must never lose sight of the fact that there was a direct conflict of interest between themselves and the McCanns, in that it was in the latter's interest to portray an element of neglect, but not in the former's to do so, hence the many contradictions in their statements.

I'm not sure about that. I suspect he did know. In his rogatory he talks about walking along 'Cemetary Road' on the night of her disappearance and noticing the name of the road. Why would that name resonate in any way at all on the night Madeleine disappeared unless Matt already knew she was dead?

I suspect that Matt's role at around 9.25pm that fateful Thursday evening (or possibly some other time that evening) was to check that the twins were breathing. This is highly suggestive, imo, that the twins were sedated. Which I presume they almost definitely would have been if Detective Amaral's theory is correct. The last thing that the Mcs would want would be for the twins to wake up and witness all the commotion. 

It could possibly also indicate in my opinion that sedation is a sensitive topic - maybe over-sedation is connected in some way with what happened to Madeleine? (Although I think it was worse than that...)
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryTheHatchet 21.05.16 21:44

Is it true that ROB and JT are not a couple any more?  Does anyone know any more about this?

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 21.05.16 21:47

I am not sure about Jane and Russell, but I have heard that the Paynes were planning to relocate to New Zealand.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryTheHatchet 21.05.16 22:06

Yes, FP put up a Facebook post about that some time ago, but nothing ever came of it.  I half wondered if it was a bluff on their part, to put us followers off their scent.

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 22.05.16 2:26

I wondered whether it was a bluff too, plus Fiona now uses her maiden name of Webster?

“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.” [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.05.16 6:50

lj wrote:They popped up when there was money involved. That money that supposedly went in the "fund".
A few fun-runs, a bike ride for Missing People and Fiona Payne stepping in for Kate McCann at an anniversary church service as her (Kate's) father was ill. Other than that it's all been quiet on the Tapas front. Even their donations to Kate's amazing cycle extravaganza came in late.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.05.16 11:56

Realist wrote:How was it to their advantage to create the impression of neglect, Helen???
errr have you not been reading and taking part in this forum for long enough to know that Realist?  So many opinions on why from many posters - I thought you would certainly not need to ask a question like this.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.05.16 12:06

Realist wrote:
aquila wrote:An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that. Oh, and you need to drop the 'intellectually challenged' tripe too.
Supposedly, we can add magical powers to your repertoire of dictatorial observations for you appear to be able to supplement your postings without suffering the indignity of an edited indication materialising, or perhaps this can be explained by your being a covert moderator.
Magical powers - you must possess them Realist, if you were banned previously how come you are magically back posting?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 22.05.16 13:02

plebgate wrote:
Realist wrote:How was it to their advantage to create the impression of neglect, Helen???
errr have you not been reading and taking part in this forum for long enough to know that Realist?  So many opinions on why from many posters - I thought you would certainly not need to ask a question like this.
I was merely curious as to why Helen should be of this persuasion, Plebgate, because I can't think of a solitary reason why it would be in the interests of the McCann's acquaintances to create an illusion of neglect, although clearly it was in the McCann's interest, because without an illusion of neglect, their story couldn't even get off the runway, let alone fly.
Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 22.05.16 14:53

No magic, Plebgate, a change of moderator, (for the better, I might add) but mainly because I've learnt to curb my writing. Some appear to be of the opinion that I'm attempting  to disrupt proceedings by undermining other's theories/opinion etc, but that isn't the case, au contraire, I'm merely attempting to put matters into perspective and point out the serious flaws in various synopsis', my own included.

As stated in another thread I instigated, the consensus of opinion appears to be divided into 3 camps ie. the death and disposal of Madeleine's body prior to 6 pm the 3rd. May,  the death and disposal of her body between 6-10 pm the 3rd. May and the kidnapping by a third party between 9 -10 pm the 3rd. May. All of which contain serious flaws, the latter being the most flawed.

Due to the aforementioned, annexed to the glaring inconsistencies in the depositions of all the relevant parties involved, I'm wondering if we can rely on any of the timing accounts and that there may be another option that none of us have thus far considered which would constitute a more logical explanation as to what actually transpired. I can't personally think of one, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. At the moment its a tad reminiscent of attempting to force the wrong pieces into a jigsaw puzzle in order to make them fit.
Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo 22.05.16 18:46

Realist wrote: At the moment its a tad reminiscent of attempting to force the wrong pieces into a jigsaw puzzle in order to make them fit.
I've used a very similar metaphor - this mystery being like trying to make a single jigsaw with pieces from various puzzles. There is a mass of information. Just the subject of this thread - the Tapas 7 - contains a batch of statements that are filled with contradictions. And the same applies to each aspect of the case.
Columbo
Columbo

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.16 20:54

Realist wrote:No magic, Plebgate, a change of moderator, (for the better, I might add) but mainly because I've learnt to curb my writing.
Do moderators determine who is accepted as a member and who isn't?  I always thought it to be the forum owner that controls the forum + how would anyone know you've learned to curbed your writing until you have been accepted as a member?

What an enigma.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.16 20:55

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

Chapter 8 - The Birth of our Campaign  [snipped]

10th May 2007 - I sat in the waiting area for eight hours before I was told that it was now too late for me to be interviewed and I should go home and come back the next day. Gerry was there for thirteen hours. When he finally returned to the apartment he related how Matt had been almost hysterical during his interview. Gerry had heard him shouting and crying. Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party. It was like something out of Life on Mars.

Alan Pike was concerned about my wellbeing and asked formy re-scheduled interview to be postponed....

thinking

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 22.05.16 21:16

Interesting paragraph Verdi.... 

a few things jump out to me...  Especially this one... Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party. Now if this had been told to me & it was my daughter missing... I surely would not liken it to "Life on Mars"... I WOULD be running all the way to the PJ and demanding what or why they thought that, AND questioning Matt etc after all when a child goes missing wouldn't everyone be under suspicion

“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.” [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 22.05.16 21:39

agree
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 22.05.16 22:57

So "Apparently it had been put to Matt " ,not "It had been put to Matt". Apparently means seemingly or as far as he knows . So was this why Matt was shouting and crying or is this another version of the truth ? Is there any mention of this anywhere by Matt ?

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.16 23:27

MayMuse wrote:Interesting paragraph Verdi.... 

a few things jump out to me...  Especially this one... Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party. Now if this had been told to me & it was my daughter missing... I surely would not liken it to "Life on Mars"... I WOULD be running all the way to the PJ and demanding what or why they thought that, AND questioning Matt etc after all when a child goes missing wouldn't everyone be under suspicion ?
Exactly - mouth like a parish oven springs to mind, or if you prefer a more politically correct path, like the black 'ole of Calcutta.

If there be any truth in this, one would expect rage to take over rather than blubbering hysterically because the nasty policeman said 'horrible things about you.  This bunch of new-age men are a bit milksoppy aren't they?  What with Oldfield apparently wailing like a banshee and O'Brien unable to speak for himself - perhaps it's girly stuff?

On the other hand - he could have been terrified for some reason?  Remember how they collectively declined the offer to attend a re-construction hosted by the PJ - amongst other reasons, because they were worried about what might happen if they returned to Portugal?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.16 23:37

sandancer wrote:So "Apparently it had been put to Matt " ,not "It had been put to Matt". Apparently means seemingly or as far as he knows . So was this why Matt was shouting and crying or is this another version of the truth ? Is there any mention of this anywhere by Matt ?
PASS!  Certainly not during the rogatory interviews held the following year.  Makes you wonder why they would invent something like that though doesn't it?  Their usual reason for publishing little snippets is to explain 'anything the police may or may not find' but on the surface,  this alleged incident doesn't fit in with the norm.  Seems an odd thing to say without reason.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 22.05.16 23:43

When he finally returned to the apartment he related how Matt had been almost hysterical during his interview. Gerry had heard him shouting and crying. Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party.

I've heard it said that if you shout and cry and throw a tantrum in a stressful situation, it's a rather good way of diverting attention and postponing questioning while you try to think of what you're going to say next to answer difficult questions....
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.16 23:52

canada12 wrote:
When he finally returned to the apartment he related how Matt had been almost hysterical during his interview. Gerry had heard him shouting and crying. Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party.

I've heard it said that if you shout and cry and throw a tantrum in a stressful situation, it's a rather good way of diverting attention and postponing questioning while you try to think of what you're going to say next to answer difficult questions....
eyebrows  -  that could explain a lot.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 23.05.16 0:45

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:Interesting paragraph Verdi.... 

a few things jump out to me...  Especially this one... Apparently, it had been put to Matt that he’d handed Madeleine out through the window to a third party. Now if this had been told to me & it was my daughter missing... I surely would not liken it to "Life on Mars"... I WOULD be running all the way to the PJ and demanding what or why they thought that, AND questioning Matt etc after all when a child goes missing wouldn't everyone be under suspicion ?
Exactly - mouth like a parish oven springs to mind, or if you prefer a more politically correct path, like the black 'ole of Calcutta.

If there be any truth in this, one would expect rage to take over rather than blubbering hysterically because the nasty policeman said 'horrible things about you.  This bunch of new-age men are a bit milksoppy aren't they?  What with Oldfield apparently wailing like a banshee and O'Brien unable to speak for himself - perhaps it's girly stuff?

On the other hand - he could have been terrified for some reason?  Remember how they collectively declined the offer to attend a re-construction hosted by the PJ - amongst other reasons, because they were worried about what might happen if they returned to Portugal?
I wonder what they thought "might" happen? 
IF Matt did act this way, seems that's likely to be through fear. Don't you think?
So what could he be so "fearful" of? 
Is that why JT fingered RM? 
Not into new age,good strong shoulders :emo3:  get you through most things! 
Oh to be a fly on the wall...

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top