The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tapas 7

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapas 7

Post by HelenMeg on Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 am

Hi
Just looking at the Tapas 7 members again + 1. These 7 friends of the Mc Canns whose statements we have read and been totally amazed at...



Rachel Oldfield seems to be doing well - http://equityfd.com/the_team/rachael_oldfield/

Lets hope the past doesn't catch up with them sooner rather than later..

Remember Matt's 'squirming ducking and diving' statement? You can almost see the 'ducking and diving' in this picture

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by BlueBag on Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 am

Have the Tapas 7 ever helped with the search for Madeleine?

They have certainly kept an extremely low - some may say non-existant - profile.

Strange.

Or not.

BlueBag

Posts : 3740
Reputation : 1616
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 12:11 pm

@BlueBag wrote:Have the Tapas 7 ever helped with the search for Madeleine?

They have certainly kept an extremely low - some may say non-existant - profile.

Strange.

Or not.
I wouldn't have thought this was strange,  Bluebag, after all, this would never have been the type of episode that they would have wanted to be caught up with in the first instance. Their private thoughts on the McCanns may well be that they're 'an ill wind that blows nobody any good' and the further they can distance themselves from them, the better.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tapas 7+1

Post by willowthewisp on Sat May 21, 2016 12:12 pm

@HelenMeg wrote:Hi
Just looking at the Tapas 7 members again + 1. These 7 friends of the Mc Canns whose statements we have read and been totally amazed at...



Rachel Oldfield seems to be doing well - http://equityfd.com/the_team/rachael_oldfield/

Lets hope the past doesn't catch up with them sooner rather than later..

Remember Matt's 'squirming ducking and diving' statement? You can almost see the 'ducking and diving' in this picture
Care to name the +1 person for the forum?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1434
Reputation : 565
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by dottyaussie on Sat May 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Considering they were so supportive in the beginning they indeed have kept a low profile. But then again as far as being supportive the only photo's I have seen them in are the ones immediately after the 'incident' and the libel case against express newspapers. Have any of them EVER been to any publicity stunt the McCanns have been involved in ? When did they leave PDL because I don't remember seeing any of the Tapas 7 at the events held there either. If that were me I would be a bit miffed that I hadn't been included considering I'd given them an alibi, especially if I believed their story.
Then again if I knew the truth that would be a good reason to actually tell the truth surely ??

dottyaussie

Posts : 157
Reputation : 167
Join date : 2016-02-25
Location : NorthWest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Guest on Sat May 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Fiona has been seen out and about with Kate.  She did the cycle ride with her last summer, and has attended a few Missing People functions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by HelenMeg on Sat May 21, 2016 4:08 pm

@willowthewisp wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:Hi
Just looking at the Tapas 7 members again + 1. These 7 friends of the Mc Canns whose statements we have read and been totally amazed at...



Rachel Oldfield seems to be doing well - http://equityfd.com/the_team/rachael_oldfield/

Lets hope the past doesn't catch up with them sooner rather than later..

Remember Matt's 'squirming ducking and diving' statement? You can almost see the 'ducking and diving' in this picture
Care to name the +1 person for the forum?
I think it's JW ? Correct me if I'm wrong....

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by HelenMeg on Sat May 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Ladyinred wrote:Fiona has been seen out and about with Kate.  She did the cycle ride with her last summer, and has attended a few Missing People functions.
Also Rachael, I think, supported Kate at a 'running event'...
 

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by HelenMeg on Sat May 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Sometimes I forget just how big a part these people played in this case... their 'bizarre' rogatory statements, their unwillingness to go back and do the re-construction.. their 'payout', their 'sightings'
(Jane Tanner specifically) , Matthew's alleged last check... their 'big round table', their alleged nonsensical 'checking routine' like musical chairs... their 'ums and errs'..and shocking memories...their 'pact' etc etc

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 4:40 pm

@HelenMeg wrote:Sometimes I forget just how big a part these people played in this case... their 'bizarre' rogatory statements, their unwillingness to go back and do the re-construction.. their 'payout', their 'sightings'
(Jane Tanner specifically) , Matthew's alleged last check... their 'big round table', their alleged nonsensical 'checking routine' like musical chairs... their 'ums and errs'..and shocking memories...their 'pact' etc etc
In the case of Dr. Oldfield, Helen, he certainly wasn't prepared to put his head on the block for the McCanns regarding his alleged check at 9 25 pm. He wasn't prepared to state whether Madeleine was in the apt. or not. That's because at the time, he didn't know what had happened to her and when she had disappeared.

It would have been particularly embarrassing for him to have stated she was there at that time, only to discover at a subsequent stage, the police could show she had disappeared earlier. Its my opinion they didn't want to do the McCanns any harm, but by the same hypothesis, they weren't prepared to commit themselves into saying anything that could later be disproved, thereby implicating themselves.

One must never lose sight of the fact that there was a direct conflict of interest between themselves and the McCanns, in that it was in the latter's interest to portray an element of neglect, but not in the former's to do so, hence the many contradictions in their statements.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by pennylane on Sat May 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Definitely, Oldfield was not prepared to put his head on the block! I totally agree with your post re the tapasnic neglect conflict also.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by aquila on Sat May 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Lazz puts things into perspective.

A blog from 2013

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/The_Oldfield_s___Others.html

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by pennylane on Sat May 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Yes she certainly does! thumbup

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by HelenMeg on Sat May 21, 2016 6:27 pm

@Realist wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:Sometimes I forget just how big a part these people played in this case... their 'bizarre' rogatory statements, their unwillingness to go back and do the re-construction.. their 'payout', their 'sightings'
(Jane Tanner specifically) , Matthew's alleged last check... their 'big round table', their alleged nonsensical 'checking routine' like musical chairs... their 'ums and errs'..and shocking memories...their 'pact' etc etc
In the case of Dr. Oldfield, Helen, he certainly wasn't prepared to put his head on the block for the McCanns regarding his alleged check at 9 25 pm. He wasn't prepared to state whether Madeleine was in the apt. or not. That's because at the time, he didn't know what had happened to her and when she had disappeared.

It would have been particularly embarrassing for him to have stated she was there at that time, only to discover at a subsequent stage, the police could show she had disappeared earlier. Its my opinion they didn't want to do the McCanns any harm, but by the same hypothesis, they weren't prepared to commit themselves into saying anything that could later be disproved, thereby implicating themselves.

One must never lose sight of the fact that there was a direct conflict of interest between themselves and the McCanns, in that it was in the latter's interest to portray an element of neglect, but not in the former's to do so, hence the many contradictions in their statements.
What about JT and her 'sighting'? What about the 'Team Mc Cann-directed' reconstruction? There we have Oldfield + Tanner merrily assisting Gerry tell 'his' story. So whilst I would tent to be in some agreement with some of your comments for their behaviour in the immediate aftermath of the 'alleged' abduction, I dont think this applies to subsequent behaviours and actions in the years since. At the end of the day, they certainly did not seem willing to tell the whole truth in their statements - which in effect could be said to mean that they obstructed the course of justice.
Furthermore, you can only be supposing that Oldfield did 'not know what had happened to her   and when she disappeared'  - you cannot be sure of that. For instance, I think that DP knew very well exactly what had happened on the 3rd May  - whose to say none of the others did?

I agree they were all as vague as could possibly be in their statements; their recollection was deliberately and falsely poor. I also think they all 'needed' to create the impression of neglect  - it was to all of their advantage, not just the Mc Canns..

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Oh yes, a story has been told by this group, and it is not a truthful one as we can see from their police witness statements, interviews, books, diaries and basically each time they utter a word...the truth of that evening, I believe the world has yet to hear. 
No wonder they fear Dr Goncalo Amaral and the team who first investigated the events of the night the group reported young Madeleine Beth McCann as missing.
 
l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com
16th December 2013


I don't doubt for one nano of a second that the McCann's acquaintances were telling lies in their police interviews, but I also don't believe they were telling lies in order to cover up any harm the McCanns may have done to their daughter. It is my belief that they were thinking more in terms of their own reputations, careers etc.  That is the reason why some of their statements are favourable to the McCanns, but most of them are not. In fact, the inconsistency of their statements are the paramount reason why so many are suspicious of the McCann's role in the disappearance of their daughter. If the intention was to deflect guilt from the McCanns, then it has spectacularly failed.


Further, if they had entered into a conspiracy with the McCanns prior to the 3rd. inst. May 2007, then there wouldn't have been the need to sit up all night  working out timelines etc. on improvised writing material. Surely, they would have had all their ducks lined up prior to that evening. Whilst I appreciate these people are not master criminals, even the most intellectually challenged in our midst would have taken this rudimentary aspect into account.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by aquila on Sat May 21, 2016 6:36 pm

An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that. Oh, and you need to drop the 'intellectually challenged' tripe too.

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 6:40 pm

@aquila wrote:

An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that.
Nothing intentional intimated by the emboldened lettering, that's merely the way it came out, probably because the clip I copied and pasted was written in emboldened lettering.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by pennylane on Sat May 21, 2016 6:40 pm

@HelenMeg wrote:
@Realist wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:Sometimes I forget just how big a part these people played in this case... their 'bizarre' rogatory statements, their unwillingness to go back and do the re-construction.. their 'payout', their 'sightings'
(Jane Tanner specifically) , Matthew's alleged last check... their 'big round table', their alleged nonsensical 'checking routine' like musical chairs... their 'ums and errs'..and shocking memories...their 'pact' etc etc
In the case of Dr. Oldfield, Helen, he certainly wasn't prepared to put his head on the block for the McCanns regarding his alleged check at 9 25 pm. He wasn't prepared to state whether Madeleine was in the apt. or not. That's because at the time, he didn't know what had happened to her and when she had disappeared.

It would have been particularly embarrassing for him to have stated she was there at that time, only to discover at a subsequent stage, the police could show she had disappeared earlier. Its my opinion they didn't want to do the McCanns any harm, but by the same hypothesis, they weren't prepared to commit themselves into saying anything that could later be disproved, thereby implicating themselves.

One must never lose sight of the fact that there was a direct conflict of interest between themselves and the McCanns, in that it was in the latter's interest to portray an element of neglect, but not in the former's to do so, hence the many contradictions in their statements.
What about JT and her 'sighting'? What about the 'Team Mc Cann-directed' reconstruction? There we have Oldfield + Tanner merrily assisting Gerry tell 'his' story. So whilst I would tent to be in some agreement with some of your comments for their behaviour in the immediate aftermath of the 'alleged' abduction, I dont think this applies to subsequent behaviours and actions in the years since. At the end of the day, they certainly did not seem willing to tell the whole truth in their statements - which in effect could be said to mean that they obstructed the course of justice.
Furthermore, you can only be supposing that Oldfield did 'not know what had happened to her   and when she disappeared'  - you cannot be sure of that. For instance, I think that DP knew very well exactly what had happened on the 3rd May  - whose to say none of the others did?

I agree they were all as vague as could possibly be in their statements; their recollection was deliberately and falsely poor. I also think they all 'needed' to create the impression of neglect  - it was to all of their advantage, not just the Mc Canns..

ROB (imo) is more involved than the rest of the tapasniks, and when GM (imo) ran into the Smiths,  O'B and the Mc's thought the game was up.  This is why JT stepped in.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by aquila on Sat May 21, 2016 6:42 pm

@Realist wrote:
@aquila wrote:

An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that.
Nothing intentional intimated by the emboldened letters, that's merely the way they came out, probably because the clip I copied and pasted was written in emboldened lettering.
Awww, poor you, I'm sorry you're technically challenged today. I can't wait for tomorrow's challenge.

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 6:47 pm

How was it to their advantage to create the impression of neglect, Helen???

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 6:52 pm


Awww, poor you, I'm sorry you're technically challenged today. I can't wait for tomorrow's challenge.
Oh! I'm sure you'll somehow manage to find the inner strength to prevail.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by aquila on Sat May 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Once upon a time there was a member of this forum who had many user names. This member under various guises loved to chew the fat, disrupt, deflect from the truth, tell people they are intellectually challenged and proceed to ask them their opinion on just about anything they posted in some pretence that pulling pork is debate.

We get them all here.

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 7:09 pm

@aquila wrote:An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that. Oh, and you need to drop the 'intellectually challenged' tripe too.
Supposedly, we can add magical powers to your repertoire of dictatorial observations for you appear to be able to supplement your postings without suffering the indignity of an edited indication materialising, or perhaps this can be explained by your being a covert moderator.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by Realist on Sat May 21, 2016 7:12 pm

@aquila wrote:Once upon a time there was a member of this forum who had many user names. This member under various guises loved to chew the fat, disrupt, deflect from the truth, tell people they are intellectually challenged and proceed to ask them their opinion on just about anything they posted in some pretence that pulling pork is debate.

We get them all here.
I can't think who you are referring to, but it certainly isn't me, because I only had one other username which as you well know was Diatribe. You should know, because you were probably instrumental in getting me banned.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapas 7

Post by aquila on Sat May 21, 2016 7:14 pm

@Realist wrote:
@aquila wrote:An emboldened statement followed by a comment in blue ink there. You are in need of exceedingly bigger tactics than that. Oh, and you need to drop the 'intellectually challenged' tripe too.
Supposedly, we can add magical powers to your repertoire of dictatorial observations for you appear to be able to supplement your postings without suffering the indignity of an edited indication materialising, or perhaps this can be explained by your being a covert moderator.
A covert moderator? crikey, you're really scraping the barrel here.

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum